Atlas Hotels Ltd Employee Reviews

Great
Commercial Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 June 2018
Really nice place to work very relaxed atmosphere containing some very clever intellectual people who also do a lot for different charities. Overall a great place to learn and advance any career.
Clicky company to work for
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 April 2018
It tells you something when the managing director of the company just ups and leaves that things have changed.
Having worked for this company for nearly 20 years I have worked my fingers to the bone and progressed from a reception supervisor on nights to a days duty manager.
If you want progression after that, forget it. It’s a simple case of, it’s not what you know but who you know. I have the skill, knowledge and customer service experience yet simply time and time again was overlooked by a former colleague (more aptly friend) of the GM at the time.
Staff who simply do the bare minimum gain high praise and those that work there socks off are like lambs to the slaughter.
Wages for the work you carry out do not reflect well, although hospitality is one of the most exploited work industries for poor wages and working hours.
On a positive note, you build great relationships with your guests and dependent on your manager can be a fun place to work.
Pros
Free Coffee, employee rate discount 50%
Cons
Long hours for little praise or reward
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire12 January 2018
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire27 November 2017
good
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 November 2017
good company to work for great benefits. lots of training provided. good opportunities ability to progress. The company put the guest first and as an employee empower you to do what we feel is right.
Great team and customer focused company
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire25 May 2017
Atlas Hotels are a great hotel to work for and I have learnt a lot in a short period of time.

It is a relaxed environment to work in with a great focus on the guest experience and it is great to see everyone pulling in the same direction.

They are also keen to promote within and I hope to be able to work up within the company throughout my time here.
Pros
Customer Focused, look after staff well
Great company with opportunity to progress
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset19 May 2017
Atlas Hotels is a great company to work for, they have brilliant values and are always striving to be the best.

I initially started with the company in a temporary role before intending to progress with my education, but I loved it so much I am still here 7 years later! I began working as a Guest Service Assistant and worked my way up to Deputy General Manager, with the support and training from both my managers and my colleagues.

As with any job in this kind of industry the summers are very busy and hectic but with great team effort and enthusiasm it's always fun. You get the opportunity to meet all kinds of guests from all over the world travelling for business and leisure and it can be a very rewarding job - especially when they tell you how much they love staying at your hotel!

Our team in Taunton have a fantastic bond and this is reflected through our great guest reviews and awards and i'm very proud to be part of such a great company.
My personal opinion
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London19 May 2017
I have been working in the atlas company for 6 months, so far i haven't faced any problems whether with my colleagues or the work i am doing, i can't imagine how thankful i am for my team that helped me so much to progress.

I really appreciate all training's that I've been given, from now on i can only progress and move on to a higher position.
Excellent work environment
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 May 2017
As every hotel, every day is different, which makes it an exciting part of the job. With a team that all works toward the same goal it makes shifts more enjoyable and productive. From initial training to day to day on job training you have excellent chances of development and a strong feeling of being part of a team. With all hospitality jobs the hours can be tough but with the right attitude and teamwork it is easily overcome. Management is very flexible to work your schedule around other personal commitments
Pros
Discounted accommodation
Cons
Hours as every hospitality job
great work atmosphere
Guest Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 May 2017
I am very very happy to work in Holiday Inn Express. The atmosphere is fabulous, the people is absolutely great and lovely. I've learned so many things reference to front desk and customer service. The management is excellent with great skills. I enjoy every part of this job.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
A place like home
Guest Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London18 May 2017
I have recently completed six months in the Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith. I can't believe how time has flied! From the day one I got a warm welcome from all the team. I have learnt a lot in the past months and, I have to say that I have realized how much I love my job and the day to day in the field of Hospitality. Each day is a challenge and, it is truly inspiring the new things you can get to learn each and every day. We get to know lovely guests and share different cultures, languages, thoughts, etc. But, the most important thing and motivating thing in my job is my team. The colleagues are adorable and, we are always there to help and cover each other. This is what makes a eight hours shift go quickly and smoothly. We all work in a different way and, this it was enriches our Hotel. I am proud to be part of the Hammersmith team and, I highly appreciate the whole team and the dedication & passion given in the job. This is what makes our Hotel a special place to have a positive and fulfilling experience. I look forward to learning much more and, becoming a better person for my Hotel.
Buzzing atmosphere
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon18 May 2017
I joined the company in October 2016 and have never looked back, My job role is diverse and no two days are the same. The culture of the hotel ensures we all work as a team and I have to say all of the team are very hands on.
The atmosphere in the hotel is positive and buzzing, especially at breakfast times where even the managers get stuck in clearing tables and ensuring the busiest times are supported.
Such a rewarding job to see happy guests along with a happy team.
Pros
Looked after, part of a family, great atmosphere, fun, professional
Cons
Busy - not always a con though
Very clicky atmosphere.
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands1 April 2017
Minimum rates of pay. Often get overlooked for promotion unless your face fits. Families working alongside doesn't make a nice place to work as too many favours. Management don't care.
Cheap hotels but not much else
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
Too much favouritism
Workplace
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 January 2017
I work night shift at Holiday Inn which can be quite challenging to stay awake which effects my home/social life. I have learnt to be hard working as I work on all areas of the hotel from receptionist to kitchen work.
A fantastic company with a great culture
Group Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Paisley8 September 2016
Atlas Hotels is brim full of people who all share a passion for great customer service. There's a lot of camaraderie and support between the teams and hotels.
Pros
Great company culture