Atlas Hotels Ltd

Atlas Hotels Ltd Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Night Manager/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith19 November 2019
Atlas group of hotels is the best place to work. Well organised company, friendly staff always ready to help. You can learn from the elder staff. Opportunites open for promotions and grow up faster than expected.
Holiday Inn Express Swindon West
Reception Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire13 October 2019
Do not work here! General manager with no experience with two faces. She don t have experience and she is so fake...I been guest service manager they put me to wash dishes , cook, everything...stay away from this place! Everyone leave this place is the most bad place from Swindon to work fo, r with this general manager...Deputy manager as well with no experience they want you to be dog for them
Holiday inn express swindon west
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire7 October 2019
Two faced management in Holiday inn express Swindon West.
Will make you work a lot of hours becaz is no staff here , everyone sick on routas.
Will make you work extra hours if someone phones in sick
You must to do reception, cleaner , breakfast , dinner, it's like manager thinks you can read their minds. Stay away from this place.

i do not re
Don't work here
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2019
If you want to know what this company is like to work for at hotel level, take a look at their website. As of September 2019 the 'latest' staff satisfaction results are from October 2017. That was before the things changed, in a big way.

In 2016 and 2017 you felt supported to do your best for the guest. Working in a hotel has its challenges, but you expect that. You felt supported to do a good job, and that was key.

Since then the mission has been clear - cut all costs to the bone, and tell staff they're not doing their job properly if anything goes wrong as a result. You're no longer supported, but instead the scapegoat for a corporate decision.

Maybe they did not expect so many experienced staff, like colleagues and I, to have the self respect to leave. Perhaps they think it does not matter that we have, I cannot know.

At their core though, hotels are a people business. Good people will not accept (and demonstrably have not accepted) the way Atlas Hotels has treated its staff in the last 18 months or so.
Don't bother - bad hotel manager / genrul
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea19 July 2019
This company under pay's staff for the hours they actually do though! the general manuger always shouts at people like to she did with me and never came to the hotel being happy she would shout at me on the desk wen I was checking people in and boss all the managers around like being in a farm. I left after a year and couidnt stand the BS that happens in this place.
Pros
no lunch
Thoroughly recommend working for Atlas Hotels
Senior Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2019
Atlas Hotels is a fantastic company to work for. It's a pleasure to work with such talented, positive people who really want to be the best not only they can be, but their teams and Atlas as a whole. There's a real family culture and you always know that if you need something, someone is at the other end of the phone.
Pros
Great people, great benefits, great opportunities to progress
Worst place to ever work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire13 June 2019
Worst place ever worked, shift patterns are 2pm-10pm and then 6am-2pm however always busy when trying to leave the night shift so expect to stay later then asked and then up again early hours next day to get in for 6am if one minute late you are threatened with disciplinary even when on probation, management are useless as long as you’re a brown nose they will acknowledge you, depending on start date they will tell you they can’t pay you to the following month however try and rip you off for the days you worked in the previous month, if not liked everyone including management will just talk about you! You will be expected to do more then you’re own job and find yourself doing 2 peoples work a majority of the time then just you’re own as everyone will be in the office gossiping or if working with deputy manager she will just say she’s got things to do whilst she just potters around doing nothing but makes herself look busy!
No one understands how to train new employees properly just sit around for a week and thrown in at the deep end as no one knows what they are even teaching you a majority of the time and loads of online training to complete.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else!
Not to bad
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stirling11 June 2019
Staff - great
Management - ok
Pay - TERRIBLE
The hotels are okay but they expect mircales out of thin air.
Because they give you a reduced rate to stay at there hotels they wages are awful anyone trying to run a house couldn't do it on there wages
Pros
Reduced hotel stay
Cons
Low wages
Alright
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire23 April 2019
Expect to be stressed everyday, management thinks we can read minds, running out of equipment every week, rotas get changed on a whim, nothing that gets told to supervisors is private. Only upsides is that the staff are friendly and helpful and free coffee.
Nice Hotels, lousy managers
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon West15 April 2019
It's definitely a case a not what you know - it's who you know. Was a GSM for the company for a short time. Not a very good work/life ratio and pay was not commensurate with hours worked. Training and support is almost non-existant, was basically thrown in the deep end from the start.
Pros
50% staff duscount, staff benefits
Cons
Long hours, lousy management, no support
Worst company ever
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset20 August 2018
Poor pay
Two faced management
Will make you work all hours under the sun
Will make you work extra hours if someone phones in sick
No proper training ,managers thinks we can read their minds
Pros
Cons
poor pay
Great team spirit
Guest Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chingford11 June 2018
Atlas Hotel gave me an opportunity to work for the first time in Hospitality.
Every thing I know is because of the training investment every single day.
Asking how we can do more for us and the company also helps a lot to motivate
Pros
Team spirit and always thinking in the guest before money
Cons
Rota not constant
Great
Commercial Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 June 2018
Really nice place to work very relaxed atmosphere containing some very clever intellectual people who also do a lot for different charities. Overall a great place to learn and advance any career.
Clicky company to work for
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 April 2018
It tells you something when the managing director of the company just ups and leaves that things have changed.
Having worked for this company for nearly 20 years I have worked my fingers to the bone and progressed from a reception supervisor on nights to a days duty manager.
If you want progression after that, forget it. It’s a simple case of, it’s not what you know but who you know. I have the skill, knowledge and customer service experience yet simply time and time again was overlooked by a former colleague (more aptly friend) of the GM at the time.
Staff who simply do the bare minimum gain high praise and those that work there socks off are like lambs to the slaughter.
Wages for the work you carry out do not reflect well, although hospitality is one of the most exploited work industries for poor wages and working hours.
On a positive note, you build great relationships with your guests and dependent on your manager can be a fun place to work.
Pros
Free Coffee, employee rate discount 50%
Cons
Long hours for little praise or reward
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire12 January 2018
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire27 November 2017
good
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 November 2017
good company to work for great benefits. lots of training provided. good opportunities ability to progress. The company put the guest first and as an employee empower you to do what we feel is right.
Great team and customer focused company
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire25 May 2017
Atlas Hotels are a great hotel to work for and I have learnt a lot in a short period of time.

It is a relaxed environment to work in with a great focus on the guest experience and it is great to see everyone pulling in the same direction.

They are also keen to promote within and I hope to be able to work up within the company throughout my time here.
Pros
Customer Focused, look after staff well
Great company with opportunity to progress
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset19 May 2017
Atlas Hotels is a great company to work for, they have brilliant values and are always striving to be the best.

I initially started with the company in a temporary role before intending to progress with my education, but I loved it so much I am still here 7 years later! I began working as a Guest Service Assistant and worked my way up to Deputy General Manager, with the support and training from both my managers and my colleagues.

As with any job in this kind of industry the summers are very busy and hectic but with great team effort and enthusiasm it's always fun. You get the opportunity to meet all kinds of guests from all over the world travelling for business and leisure and it can be a very rewarding job - especially when they tell you how much they love staying at your hotel!

Our team in Taunton have a fantastic bond and this is reflected through our great guest reviews and awards and i'm very proud to be part of such a great company.
My personal opinion
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London19 May 2017
I have been working in the atlas company for 6 months, so far i haven't faced any problems whether with my colleagues or the work i am doing, i can't imagine how thankful i am for my team that helped me so much to progress.

I really appreciate all training's that I've been given, from now on i can only progress and move on to a higher position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Hotels Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Atlas Hotels Ltd Reviews by Location