Atkins Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Sen. Mech Engineer/Commercial Champion (Former Employee) –  Colchester20 February 2019
Very unfriendly place to work. A very hostile atmosphere. I felt very uncomfortable working there. It is probably the worst job I have ever had.

I do not want to blame the company.
Decent enough money and job
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 January 2019
They told no lies when I was with them, so you knew where you stood. Paid a good rate,and you knew that you'd be dropped like a hat if not needed, at least you knew the score.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Senior Project Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 November 2018
Typical Day - Busy but enjoyable
Friendly people, helpful and full of experienced staff
Hardest part of the Job, not enough hours in the day
Most enjoyable, the people the friendships
Engaging and interesting
Designer (Former Employee) –  Crewe4 November 2018
I enjoyed my time at Atkins rail the staff were great to work with, and really involved me in what they were doing. I learnt a lot of what its like to work in an office.
A very nice close-knit company
Contracts Administrator (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Farnham29 August 2018
It's been over 8 years since I worked there, but it was a very happy place to work, with close-knit departments and good social events which often included all members of the family.
Enjoyable and challenging workplace
Assistant Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol31 July 2018
Excellent culture, a really enjoyable place to work that cares about its employees and offers flexible hours. Work was challenging and enjoyable, with complex projects being supported well by senior engineers.
Pros
Interesting work, culture
Cons
have little control over work given at start
Really Helpful if you want to study engineering
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Euston, Suffolk20 July 2018
I really enjoyed doing my work experience in Atkins because I learned lots of things about engineering and communicated with different kinds of people.
I worked in different sections of engineering so, I had a better understanding of specific engineering careers and what it is about also, I worked on projects with the staffs and that built up my teamwork with the staffs in Atkins.
Furthermore, the working environment was really amazing and I would definitely recommend Atkins for people to do their work experiences.
Pros
Knowledgeable
Cons
Far away
lovely company
hr advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2018
Atkins is a lovely company to work for and the workplace culture is like none other that I have experienced elsewhere, though this may have changed following being taken over.
A productive company
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 July 2018
A good company to work for. My role as a Team Administrator was fulfilling. The company employees are of diverse nationality. The many layers of this organisation could be a bit confusing. A productive company to work for.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Great team
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim2 July 2018
Atkins is a great working place, with a pleasant culture.
People are helpful, kind and friendly. There is a great team dynamic, no one is excluded.

I have learned to be confident in taking phone calls, even though I am not from Northern Ireland and have not English as my mother language. I have the opportunity to develop this here at Atkins.

As a temporary receptionist from Reed I do not get a lot of responsibilities, which is not enjoyable. It means I really need to hope that there are lots of jobs to do and that they can give a job over to me if necessary.
Pros
30 mins - 1 hr lunch break, kind people, team dynamic
Good Company with a Vast History
Assistant Engineer and Efficiency Champion (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London24 June 2018
Atkins is a good company to work for when you have gained enough experiences in my opinion, they have some of the best projects in the world as they employ a vast array of experienced professionals, However i feel like anyone with under certain years of experience actually suffers to do any of the exciting work that the company possess
Pros
Great people that work for the company
Cons
Pay increases are small
proactive
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey10 June 2018
When working at Atkins there are many experiences to have, you can easily find a new opportunity. There are lot of people there to help you learn and develop your skills
Pros
everyday is diffrent
Good Company to work for
Possession Planner (Former Employee) –  Swindon8 June 2018
After leaving East Kent Project i went to Swindon to work away from home and Atkins made this very easy by being understanding and not expecting me to work weekends and good for getting information from.
Best Working Environment Ever!
Unified Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home, London, Glasgow, Hong Kong27 May 2018
Best Working Environment Ever! Contracted With Atkins As A Consultant For The Hong Kong Government New Future IT Infrastructure. Covering All Aspects And Presented Proposals And Strategy To The Hong Kong Government In Wanchai For 5 Days.
Positive an fun place to work
Electricians Mate/ SPC-London Underground (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2018
Fun place to work, enjoy the job for the years I was there, mainly might work which suited my life situation at the time I have no bad words to say about my time working here
Productive culture
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire19 May 2018
Upper management very caring about diversity and inclusion. There are lots of opportunities if you go out of your way to offer help. The general culture is very friendly.
work experience
telecommunications assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 May 2018
Enjoyed working for Atkins at work experience everyone was always very happy to help out and allow me to understand the day to day running of the company.
Plenty of opportunities
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen26 February 2018
Great people to work with
Very professional
Plenty socials
Opportunity for career progression
Trains new graduates
Good for young engineer development
Outstanding company
Clerk of Works (Current Employee) –  M1 J19-16 SM ALR19 February 2018
Great place to work and Atkins are a great company to be apart of.
Great managers and work colleagues that work well together to achieve a common goal
Pros
Very professional
Used to be great
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 February 2018
Atkins / Faithful+Gould used to be a great company until they started focusing on the bottom line. Then it got even worse when they were taken over by SNC Lavalin. Staff development is now not a priority. They paid below market which used to be ok when the company car scheme was great.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Focus on bottom line at expense of everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atkins. Our community is ready to answer.