ATA Couriers Employee Reviews

Work with us if u like money
OSM (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex13 May 2019
ATA Couriers is great, there is a lot of time spent making sure peoples day to day experience is the best. We are like a big family , everyone is very friendly and always make time to help you when you are in need. There are great training and development opportunities and you get a sense that it is a company that is growing day by day. I’m proud being part of this company.

There always will be somebody who don't like ATA for multiple reasons some of them are not made for this job, some of them don't care that we must improve and grow and some of them just want to hurt. Intelligence and team work is the key in this company.

Do not hesitate to contact us and to try to make part of a young and great team which is always growing.
Top courier contractor
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2019
Been in the business for 3 years now, time that i changed 3 companies. Out of all, ATA couriers is the best as the daily salary is really competitive and loads of extras are being offered to the drivers.
Another good thing is that wages are being paid a week after so no deposit is being held unlike other companies that i worked before with that hold even 5 weeks deposit. The job itself is not easy and you need to adapt to many situations like bad weather and road closures but at the end of the day you get the satisfaction that you completed your job and money are in your pocket.
Pros
Really good pay
Cons
Bad weather and road closures.
Productive and very fun place
Second OSM (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire9 May 2019
Working with ATA is my best experience ever. The whole ATA team are so amaizing starting from the recruitment team, regional menagers,depot managers and DA'S.
Best regards ATA Team
Absolute Nonsense... STAY AWAY from ATA Courier.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Belvedere, Greater London4 May 2019
This company use their drivers like slaves. You work hard for one good month with nothing to show for it. Not even a pence. They start paying weekly from the 5th week. They mess around with your pay. Wrong calculation of wages. They are scammers. They took my money and I couldn’t do anything about it.

If you scratch the van a bit, they will make you pay for it like you totally destroyed the van. This company is a scam. Stay away from them. It makes no sense at all trust me. Maybe a bit fair for non English speakers tho.

I left them and the didn’t pay all the money they owed me. They are thieves. They will make you work like a slave and still steal from you.
Pros
Nothing. Nothing is good about this job
Cons
Long hours, steal your money, work like slaves
A lot better than I expected
Courier (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2019
A good job but you have to work.

If you do things properly and work hard you can make good money and finish in a good time. Can be fun with a good team and plenty of people from around the world to work with.

Pros: Good money for the hours you do, management is good and most other drivers are friendly. Bonuses if your team is good and does well and over holidays too.

Cons: Not easy or for the lazy. Can have bad days or routes but you get help if they are too bad. Need your own phone to use.
Pros
You can choose the days you want to work
Cons
Careful where you park otherwise you get tickets
7 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.We are happy to hear that you are enjoying working with us and it is proving to be beneficial for you.

We appreciate honest feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

Waste of time!
Driver (Current Employee) –  London25 March 2019
Training was OK, they give alot of info in the interview but then all depends on on who your barely English speaking manager will be. If he don't like then you won't get any work.
Self employed with all plenty of parking fines and and any damage to van you get will cost you plenty..
STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Romford6 February 2019
First of all it’s really stressful. They always messing up with payment. Secondly u will get fine ticket for parking on the road. In one months I received three ticket and I had to pay them all. If u don’t get ticket u r lucky. Other thing is u pay a month and they start paying you month after. So u get paid for a whole month nothing. With 18 years experience in driving I never recommend this job to anyone. The job is only good for some foreigners with no English language skills and no trade skills. In total I think working for Uber is better.
7 May 2019

We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience whilst working with us.

We have a lot of practices in place to ensure this doesn't happen and that all our drivers get paid accurately and on time.

If you would, please could we have some more information in regards to your experience so that we can investigate to ensure the correct procedures were followed, so this doesn't happen again.

avoid very bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire11 January 2019
terrible place very poor management bad pay well over priced on van rental very long hours for the pay not secure at all poc changes all the time they do not care about you
Pros
going home
Cons
everything to do with them

We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience whilst working with us.

We have a lot of practices in place to ensure that the job is made as easy as possible for the drivers and to prevent any issues from occurring whilst you are working with us.

Best Company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey25 September 2018
I have been working with ATA Couriers for just over a year. Really good management, friendly team. Always get paid on a Friday, no issues.

Would really recommend.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We really appreciate honest feedback and it is great to hear that you are happy working with us.

Stressful, Long Hours
Owner Driver (Former Employee) –  West Drayton18 September 2018
Expect to not get paid for 4 weeks on your start and do 2 days unpaid training. If renting a van you will be charged in advance which will be 380 before you earn any money hence no earnings until your 4th week. You will be on a nursery route to start paid at 80 a day. You will be doing 160-180 stops a day with some 9f them stops with more than 1 address on them. The app you use takes you all over the place and not the most productive route. You will be going back on yourself, very annoying. Expect to be finishing work at 8pm. Avoid any work for Amazon if you want a social life.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Not a Bad Word To Say
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire18 September 2018
Have worked for this company for a while now. It’s hard work but you’re rewarded well. Great support when I first started and now the jobs a breeze. Would highly recommend
Pros
Flexibility

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We really appreciate honest feedback and we are glad to hear that you are happy working with us.

Rubbish
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 July 2018
Downmarket deadbeats
Run by people who can't do the job themselves.

Avoid these muppets
You'll be ripped off for van hire
You'll be told what to do by muppets who can't do it themselves..

Hard Word
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London14 May 2018
This is a fast past environment.
If you like working on your own and are physically fit then you will enjoy this job.
You need to have a can do attitude and yes there are a lot of parcels but the route is really condense.
ATA are the best payers on time every Friday and they have a clear break down of everything, I have worked for 2 other Suppliers and they do not do this.
I have been on the contract for a year and a half and like with any job you have good and bad days, BUT stick with it because like anything you get better with time.
Pros
Alone working
Cons
Same as other jobs bad days

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We really appreciate honest feedback as we are always looking to implement improvements to ensure the job is made as easy and rewarding for the drivers as possible.

Hard after a while
self-employed driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 March 2018
Not the best job I had, not the worst. Some days was hard to cope on with the amount of work, some days you could finish in time and still have a life.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We really appreciate honest feedback as we are always looking to implement improvements to make the job as easy and rewarding for the drivers as possible.

Dont work for them
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire7 November 2017
Van rental is expensive. Jobs really stressful and management are terrible! Don't care about their employees at all. Just another quantity over quality company
Pros
Own van
Cons
Everything else

.......
Courier Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes29 August 2016
good but too long hours and management is not great...

pay is ok

but you have to deal with a lot of stress

job is not secure

van rental is a lot and so is the excess on insurance
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and stress

Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATA Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9