AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Okay place for experience
Quality Control microbiology techinician (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire12 June 2018
No patient contact,
great people
great staff,
far from Manchester
Not a lot of young people
a lot of work, standards
very early shifts

A lot of experience and can earn your way up, very large and amazing place to make peoples lives better - however it is not a hospital - its a business
Pros
great team
Cons
No patient contact
Firstclass Product Pipeline
Local Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon Bristol26 February 2018
Some fantastic senior leaders and some great first line manager, Training and development second to none, with opportunities for advancement into other areas.
Pros
Development
Cons
Worklife Balance
It was very useful and i learnt a lot.
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield11 February 2018
Learning at AstraZeneca gave me the ability to see how the work place work and it allowed me to gain useful confidence. The management at AstraZeneca are very good and the workplace is well run.
Pros
I learnt alot
Busy, energetic office environment
Administrator, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Nether Alderley29 January 2018
I have mostly worked in the HR function in an admin. capacity.
Latterly in the Training and Development function. Arranging a programme of courses and events both local and nationally.
Pros
Management, facilities, equipment, the people
Cons
Long hours, journey time to work
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Mite - Contractor Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Speke29 January 2018
Been her for 2 years now working on the main reception and I have to say its one of the nicest places i've worked if not the best, the management are lovely and it has a friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay as a contractor
Great company, hugely interesting projects, in regular change
IS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheshire24 January 2018
The typical day depends upon the department.
The departments I worked with were hard working and supportive.
Management culture is forever changing. In 6 years I reapplied for my own job on 3 occasions.
Pros
fast moving company
Cons
IT Department in regular state of flux
Great portfolio and strategy
Integrated Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Luton17 December 2017
The only reason I left here is due to redundancy threats and a reduced contact base as a result of changes in the NHS environment. The work was rewarding and the events fun.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Redundancy threats
Brilliant company to work for
HR Advisor / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cheshire3 December 2017
Awesome company, treat their staff amazingly well, great culture, inspiring and innovative, I would 100% recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a role
PROCESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire15 November 2017
Great place to work, good culture and values and behaviours. Attractive benefits, salary and pension package. Really look after their people. Lots going on.
Senior Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 November 2017
Company believe in investing in people as a result of which staff think long term career
Great opportunities to learn
High calibre staff
Progressive organisation
Fast pace Marketing environment
Senior Secretary/Admin Support - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire13 October 2017
Daily support to the Marketing team with constantly changing diary and meeting arrangements requiring a flexible approach to each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of busy professionals and being able to offer them high quality support.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Not local
Great place to work!
Process Leader (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire9 October 2017
Great place to work providing a great work/life balance. I currently work as a process leader managing a multi-disciplinary team. The people are great and enough support is provided.
i worked here for 26 years
site incident officer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire22 September 2017
well what can I say the job benefits pay holidays bonus's are brilliant I was very well looked after in the 26 years I was there before I got made redundant ...it set me up for the rest of my life
Pros
all
Cons
non
Head of comms at AZ
Head of UK Communications (Former Employee) –  UK Head of comms19 September 2017
Great role to develop and build experience within the communciations function.
role spans acorss many areas with leadership skills .
Will recommend AZ as a company
Positivo
EU director (Former Employee) –  UK, Luton19 September 2017
Buena compañia, muy depende del GM Pascal Soriot, buena compensación y ambición.
Pros
compensation
Cons
AZ con mucho años de casa
Exciting work place
HPLC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 August 2017
A typical work day involved working on the QC methods for Monoclonal Antibody Products. Methods range from simple UV assay to get the protein concentration to more complex procedures of determining charge proteins using iCEF. Other methods involved were SEC by HPLC and Bioanalyser and compendial methods for antibodies.

At AZ, I have learned about the process of transferring methods from one lab to other and how to troubleshoot the assays with minimum help from sending labs. The management provided a greater flexibility and updated me time to time with respect to the progress of the transfer via meetings.

Staff at AZ was supportive and provided a every possible help during the execution of transfers. Although the methods were developed and validated at sending unit, they posed unique challenges when ran on systems in receiving site i.e AZ Liverpool. Resolving issues surrounding those problems was challenging. The role involved a training at sister site in the US with excellent lab facilities. I enjoyed working in AZ US facilities and was content with the information provided on the wider method transfer strategy.
Pros
Trips to sending site, flexibility around work, holidays
Cons
Salary
Happy work environment
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge2 August 2017
Warmly welcomed into the team. Got stuck into work from day one. Had the freedom to express my opinions and ideas to improve current work systems. Always something new and interesting going on.
Focused, Hardworking and Welcoming team!
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire17 July 2017
Had a great experience working for AstraZeneca in Macclesfield, with a dedicated team evaluating the stability of our products. Needed great attention to detail, gave me lots of experience in statistical analysis and working as part of a team. Hardest part of the job was trending the data but most enjoyable was working with the team and feeling like you made a real difference even at a low level position
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield21 June 2017
Excellent company . Every job has a standard operating procedure within warehousing so you can not go wrong. Management are understanding and benefits are fantastic
Very welcoming and driven company
Bioscience Sandwich Student (Former Employee) –  Alderley Park13 June 2017
Gained many new skills and knowledge of novel techniques and instruments. Gained confidence in my own work and presenting it to my team, to others in the field, and to those from a non-science background. Workplace culture was very welcoming and had a great sense of community. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing stories from patients we had helped.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.