Aston University

Aston University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom66 reviews
fab
Data collection in the morning and often do a lot of data collection
Parking in the city is expensive but schemes available to help

would reccomend working here
Rewarding
As head badminton coach at Aston I loved every moment. I had positive contact with the uni and they tried to cater to my needs and give me as much funding and court time as possible.
Best place I've worked
Out of all the jobs I have worked at this is this best place. I settled into my team well, and the atmosphere at Aston Unversity is very lively. They are very flexible and accomodate our needs well.
Highly skilled team
My work at this company was as part of a highly skilled and passionate research group.
The work was at the cutting edge of biomechanical thinking and was aiming to push the boundaries of medical engineering.

I was able to achieve a lot of personal growth and development during my research time here.
Université Agréable
Programme et étudiants sympathiques
Plus simple que les universités Françaises
Stop with this
I worked for Aston University under a zero hour contract wasn't the easiest job but was enjoyable an rewarding in terms of expirence and team work in the workplace
ok
A good job, good pay, gain experience. Hard to always get shifts due to the fact that many other students are ambassadors and it is a zero contract job.
Students are at the forefront of the University.

Work-life balance can be achieved. There is flexibility, but progression can be difficult. It is a very enjoyable place to work.
Poorly Managed
I learnt a lot in the lab but there was no structure and very little guidance to the role. My goals felt meaningless and I had no sense of purpose. The workplace culture was generally quite poor, as more senior researchers resented placement students' use of the lab, though my boss was lovely.
it was good
working at my school was great for me because I picked up loads of skills and i got a idea of the outside world
While i was on work experience I was treated like staff
wonderful and rewarding
They are a pleasure to work with, The management team and my colleagues are very kind, at long days and events they make sure we are fed. Everyone is very kind and easy to talk to so whoever I present with the days are always fun. The pay is also very good for students.
Working at Aston University - Student Engagement Assistant
A typical day at work would be mainly administration duties, meetings and also arranging events with students. Aston University offer the chance to develop new skills by offering a range of training courses in presenting, how to use online systems and also a lot of courses on using MS packages. The workplace is overall friendly and very welcoming therefore it is easy to build working relationships.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is as a Student Engagement Assistant, I get to work with students on improving the student experience. This includes assisting academic societies with events, which is enjoyable because you get to see the events come to life whilst putting in the hard work, which is very rewarding.

I learnt a lot about time management and also developed written communication as well as my telephone manner.
university
Decent for sciences with lecturers of a very high calibre and leading research. The modules are well designed to have a clinical focus and practical research
Productive workplace
The typical day at work was started at 9 a.m. University has inconspicuous and attentive management and developed workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is the finding solution in the final computational code. The most enjoyable part of the job was the communication with colleagues.
A great work experience placement
I did 6 weeks work experience at the Aston University library. My tasks were to organise the used books picked up the weekend before for the shelving team, to tidy up the shelves; and lastly to shelve the books.
A comfortable place to work
Aston Uni look after their employees in my experience, although the culture is like a typical uni and everything is a bit slow and can be wasteful of resources.
Aston University is a great place to work
Life at Aston University is fun, diverse, vibrant and flexible. They are interested in their employee's well being and development. I feel well supported and enjoy the benefits that come with being an Employee.
Excellent place to study
Aston University is an excellent place to study. All of the teachers are very accomplished in their respective fields and are very helpful and supportive.
We was nice team
The job was good .The hours were adapted to me.The people are very nice .We working like team.I learned English.Very friendly and pleasant atmosphere at work
Experience
At my time during the digital marketing team, I learnt the website auditing and was part of creating advertising campaigns for the university. I enjoyed being part of an amazing team where they catered to my development in learning digital marketing even though I had no experience at all. I learnt that being apart of an amazing team helped my growth and confidence during the year.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Long Hours
Challenging and enriching
TEDx Aston University is a non-profit organisation focusing on unearthing local voices and spreading ground-breaking ideas. Its brand has an important reputation. Teams are multicultural and diverse mindsets are dealt with.
Pros
Enriching.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aston University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4