Aster Group Employee Reviews

Couldnt organise a drink in a brewery
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Dorset25 January 2019
Terrible management decisions don't make the job easier just more stressful. Vindictive hr department always looking to trip you up at every turn. Said they were aiming to be a three star organisation then changed their mind to be a one star. Equipment provided to do the job not suitable for the task and all to save few pennies.
Nice place to work
Assistant Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire6 October 2018
I worked here for 4 years before being made redundant in a finance restructure. Nice modern office, good location, friendly colleagues & managers. In recent years, Aster has moved away from the cosy housing association image and become much more business orientated. The finance department restructure in 2014 was brutal and could have treated people more considerately. A sad way to end what had been a positive experience up to that point. Despite this, I would work there again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Modern office. Everyone gets on well. Good management.
Cons
Rapid growth & constant restructuring.
Good opportunities for furthering career
Multitrade (Former Employee) –  Devizes20 June 2018
I worked at Aster for 7 years on the whole it was a positive experience and gave me a broad understanding of social housing and the repairs service.
Great people to work with but sometimes departments can work against each other
this is a fast changing company and regular restructuring is common place hence the reason i moved on.
Pros
great people good opportunities
Cons
lots of restructures that dont seem to make a difference
Fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Devizes21 May 2018
A typical day at work in the Contact Centre at Aster is answering phones from tenants ranging across 5 counties. These issues are primarily repairs though occasionally there will be questions regarding tenancy types/issues with neighbours.

I have learned 3 new computer programs that are used within the housing sector quite quickly. I have also learned to how effectively communicate with tenants and contractors over the phone.

The management structure within the Contact Centre is Agents have a Team Leader and they report to the Call Centre and performance Manager who reports to Head of Customer Contact. We have 6 weekly 1-2-1's with our TLs and we fill out a questionnaire prior to this so we can bring things up that we need to. We discuss KPI's and how we feel in the role, as well as things to do with outside of work if necessary.

At the time of writing the culture is changing in the CC to a more corporate atmosphere. It used the to be the not as rigid but, as the CC has grown, the culture has changed.

The hardest part of the job is getting in contact with other departments when there is an angry tenant on the phone and they don't understand that you have done all you can to get in contact with them. Shouty/angry tenants are the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people in the CC. I have made some great friends whilst working here.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Constantly changing proceedures
Pleasant and relaxed environment
GDPR Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire21 February 2018
Fantastic and flexible place to work
Friendly colleagues
Strong and clear leadership
Flexible locations
Ethical company with a strong and clear sense of purpose
Cares about its staff and customers

One of the best places Ive ever worked
Pros
Modern offices, flexible working locations
Enjoyable place to work
Senior care and support worker (Current Employee) –  Weymouth/ portland30 January 2018
Aster is a great company to work for, resdidents are all really nice. Good working hours, Nvq available and all training provided. Managers are easy to talk to and will help with any problems you have. Excellent CQC inspection
Within an industry (Social Housing) that is moving away from community oriented focus
Anti-Social Behaviour Officer (Former Employee) –  South Central and South West11 October 2017
Working here was at one stage pleasant. My role involved working closely with many agencies and residents to improve quality of community life. In recent years the industry has moved away from having customers at the heart.
Challanging enjoyable Organoisation to work for
Group Head of Asset Managemnt (Current Employee) –  Andover, Devizes, Wells18 July 2012
A typical day is full on with more work than contracted hours
I learned that Aster had a great can do culture
Good clear direction from managers
Excellent colleagues who all work for each other
Hardest part was the constant change programme
Most enjoyable and rewarding was achieving greta results
Pros
good working environment and support netwoeks