Aspire People

Aspire People Employee Reviews

As above - it is some years since I last worked there. When work location was known everything was well set up giving me the best possible opportunity to work productively in the workplace. Aspire forged good relationships with their schools and Supply Teachers.
Pros
Genuine effort to match you to suitable placements.
Cons
Insecurity of supply work.
It was an okay experience, the work offered was 30 miles outside of the agreed travel distance. The work was unsecure and few and far between regarding days.
Very relaxed company to work with.very friendly environment. Always understanding. Consultant is always available at all times for any concerns and always willing to help
The company was great to work for, very supportive with a friendly yet competitive environment. Holiday scheme was great with 35 days annual leave per annum
In the 6 months I was signed with them, I only had 3 days of work.I had to travel for over an hour and communication was lacking. I was offered teaching assistant roles twice but for less than teacher pay and at an hours journey it wasn't worthwhile. I had been told I wouldn't have to travel any further than 30 mins to a school. The shortest distance I travelled the journey to 1 hour without bad traffic. I had 10 years of experience across EYFS and the Primary Phase and felt very disappointed by the job offers recieved. The consultant I had didn't seem to have a good knowledge of areas close by to me. I live inbetween Leicester and Coventry yet was sent to Stamford to work. The consultants didn't communicate between one another or share information effectively.
Supply teaching opportunities at a wide variety of schools if you are prepared for the challenges of supply teaching. The opportunity to network with a variety of schools and potentially apply for a permanent position.
Not only did the agency find me work in my preferred subjects, they also found me a full-time job at a local school. Really grateful to the Aspire team!
The work place culture is brilliant, most of the permanent staff are very welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering a multitude of different lessons.
This is without doubt the best company I have ever worked for and I only left due to home relocation The benefits are amazing along with the work life balance If you get chance to work for Aspire then go for it
Pros
Great management
Cons
The management are very caring and nice people, calls and texts to ask how you manage, encourage you. Always takes in your circumstances and finds the best place for you. Happy to work with them.
Limited mount of work supplied. Sent to schools where I had little support and was physically assaulted by a pupil with no support afterwards. Very low wages
Pros
Making a difference to childrens lives
Cons
Where do I start?!
Every available agent is very helpful and do their best to make sure your needs as an individual are met. They listen to your concerns and worries and you feel very assured that working with them is the best thing to do.
learned a lot from other colleagues, would take this oppurtunity to thank my manager who guided me at this point of my career
Pros
weekend get together
Cons
nothing
Aspire are great people to work for. Very friendly and approachable. I have been sent to some really nice educational settings.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
ad hoc basis
I enjoy working for Aspire People as I be able to gain more confidant and also enjoy teaching the students. I have done various cover and teaching assistant jobs in different secondary schools and have to say enjoyed working in all of them.
Pros
working in different schools
Cons
N/a
I worked as IT support engineer in different schools and colleges through Aspire People. Working for educational institutes was a great experience which gave me opportunity to learn about the infrastructure of school IT systems. I also lead my Team of IT engineers to accomplish the project on time. The hardest part of my job was when the college was under construction and Goods lift was not functioning and we had to carry all the hardware to multiple floors by hand. I enjoyed most in learning, planning and delegating tasks to my team members. My manager and everybody on my team felt great because the project went so smoothly.
a wonderful job but only have no security in terms of what time, when ans where i would be working. the agency people are wonderful and also helpful it is working for secondary school
Pros
you are your own boss however have to abide to the company laws
Cons
the shift day to day changes and some weeks have no work at all
Working as a cover supervisor is not an easy job as you are not stable in a place, however you go around the area and meet different environments. Having said this, being a cover supervisor is a great opportunity of getting in contact with various schools and staff and learning from them. For instance, in each school one goes and carries out this position, he/ she learns of the policies of the school, the behaviour management, the priorities the school sets, the level of the students and so on. This enables them to have a better idea about the school procedures and work efficiently in certain environments. In addition, such a position requires you to cover various subjects and as a result, one widens his/her knowledge, is informed of the current curriculum and its components and he/she gains experience in preparing lessons by observing other's teachers work. Cover supervisors can support teachers in class, report back on the students' behaviour according to the school's policy and procedure when they are in charge of maintaining the control of the class, ensure that students remain on task with the work they have been set, respond to any questions about process and procedures etc. Therefore, this is a great experience for someone who looks for a career in teaching, as you get to put into practice your teaching, interpersonal and collaborative skills, while you can also deal with immediate problems that may arise, in order to see whether you would be able to respond in such a situation in the future.
Pros
On-going learning opportunity
Cons
Not stable location
Each day is different depending what year group I have . But most schools know i am coming and I am usually welcomed by name. There is no hardest part yet as I coped with all the schools I have been at. I like going to different schools and seeing how they operate,
Pros
Each day is different
Cons
Travelling relying on public transport
Working at Aspire requires me to understand students very quickely. This is becuase i may be only working in their school for a day. It is essential that i have good listening skills. I like to treat students as independant people who are able to make their own minds up. I beileve by using such mehod i am able to empower them, also by giving them various reponsibilities. The hardest part of the job is that the students are aware that i may be in only for a day and some students like to use this to their advantage by not doing any work. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know the school, teachers and students.
Pros
Getting to know students
Cons
Not consistence.
Challenging and productive. Helped build valuable skills.
Pros
weekly pay
  1. Employee reviews