ASOS.com Pay & Benefits reviews

Fantastic Place to work
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  London30 December 2018
I love how much ASOS look after their employees and it really is a lovely place to work. They really care about their customers and I feel extremely privileged to work for such a wonderful company.
Pros
Great Benefits package, sense of community
Bad work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe, South Yorkshire22 October 2018
What more can I say other than it is ASOS... It's reputation exceeds itself.
A very bad place to work, rubbish salary and bonus. No particularly any good benefits...
The work environment isn't great as people just aren't happy there...
Pros
Onsite parking...If you can get a spot
asos
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley11 January 2019
i really like working there because they made sure you felt comforable in what you was doing and you was made sure you got your breaks and if you had a problem you could speak to your team leader
Pros
good pay
Great company
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire16 August 2018
Tough days, physical job, many different nationalities, good experience gained through this place, working to deadlines, must be a good time keeper. pay attention to details.
Innovative, Great office and great people
Assistant Buyer Men's Brands (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 March 2018
A typical day at work would be a lot of communication with suppliers, internal colleagues and retailers to ensure delivery of products to ASOS on time. A very fast paced environment, I had to learn quickly to be productive as possible and to ensure every detail was correct a long the way to avoid delays/issues with projects or delivery.
I met so many great people at ASOS, and it launched my career into the fashion industry.
The hardest part of the job was the incredibly long hours, as I worked there in the beginning, when there was only a small team, so we worked day and night to get things done, I wanted to of course, I absolutely loved it there. It was my learning in the end that I need to have my own work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits and social life.
Cons
Long Hours
asos warehouse
Warehouse packer/picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire31 January 2018
good working environment, good bonuses and target bonuses, provide food, job involves picking/packing/inbound/sorting. overall good place to work and great pay at £8.45-£10.14
Pros
bonuses
Cons
flex downs
Amazing Place to work
Online Trading Optimisation Asisstant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2018
Lovely team and company to work with, amazing discount benefits
Fun enviroment,
Friendy sttaff
amazing parties
very welcoming - Just lack of management
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
not great salary
Fun company to work for
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2017
Loved working here. Always fun things going on. Good benefits and friendly people. I stayed there a long time because of this, but there was no progression and the pay wasnt great.
Pros
Fun, friendly, sociable
Cons
No progression
worst work experience ever
image retoucher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 May 2017
The hours were awful, manager barely knew who i was, all about numbers and cost, I had to wear my coat while working at my computer cos the open space was freezing cold, a number of employees complained about the temperature to no avail, zero benefits, everyone keeps to themselves cos company moral is at zero so don't expect to make any friends within the company, 0 out of 10, do not recommend
Pros
Cons
everything
School
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire4 April 2017
Enjoyable job, however poor managements and poor wages. Everyone is treated as a number rather than a person. They employ 19 year olds to become Team Leaders with no previous experience. Very gossipy work place, and management gets involved in this too. Poor chance for progression, when you do the payrise is very minimal.

The benefits that you are get are one of the only perks. Weekly sample sales and 40% off are really good. Free fruit daily.

Get marked weekly in your one-to-ones, however this is set up a bit like being at school.

Day shifts are anytime between 6.30am - 9.30pm with 2 10 min breaks, and 1 hour for lunch.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Barnsley17 November 2017
only one 45 min break, take ages to get out of work, most staff are rude and arrogant, packers have to stand for the full 8 hours without a seat as do pickers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
rude staff
Not somewhere I'd work again.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe, South Yorkshire16 May 2017
The hours are long and breaks are short. standards are rather low, dust litters shelves within the warehouse that aren't used and some areas feel unsafe though likely are safe.
Pros
Decent wages, Games area for during breaks, before and after work.
Cons
Long hours, little to no rest from standing, constantly standing as a warehouse picker.
Always a chance to progress and learn new skills.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley6 March 2017
ASOS is a good place to work, its good money and the people you will work along side with are nice people.

The only downfall is that its a temporary to permanent job, also you may have to work weekends.

overall, the time i spent working at ASOS was great, just make sure you don't have any time off and hit your targets because you will be dismissed in the future.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
Temp to Perm
Fun workplace
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire4 October 2017
Management could be improved. But such a great company to work for. Benifits are amazing too. The night shifts do take over your life a little but the four days off make up for it.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Long night shifts
Very repetative workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Barnsley6 April 2014
I did enjoy the job to start with but after a while its become a tedious boring place to work. There are a decent number of good people that work there but generally it is ignorant people who only care for themselves which in a workplace with the amount of people that Asos has team work and being able to get along with people is a key part of the job in my opinion
Pros
Met some good people there
Cons
Can be flexed up and down (work more hours with 12 hours notice or work less/nothing)
Easy place to work and average wage. good for people who just got out of school looking for experince
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Barnsley14 April 2016
Good co workers there friendly and polite and you can make good friends there. The job isn't too hard but can be difficulty getting promotions and getting job satisfaction out it as not very challenging.
Pros
good workings hours
Cons
not many benefits for stock workers
good atmosphere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe18 September 2017
very good atmosphere, easy to work, only problem is if working on previous agency.
good hours, decent pay, good food in canteen, and not bad price. plenty of parking
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer care advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead15 July 2017
Great staff benefits at ASOS. Its a fun environment to work in and you are given the opportunity to grow within the company, you have to hit daily targets and have weekly meetings with your team leader.
good place to work
returns processor (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, ENG17 April 2015
the days at asos were long and tireing I learned how to lift heavy objects correctly and passed my manual handling their.
my co workers were very friendly and helped you along wen needed.
the hardest part was the hours and days the most enjoyable part I think was dinner time .
Pros
no real pros nice food in canteen
Cons
long hous
Great starting place
Exceptions Support Adviser (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire15 March 2017
Open for all kinds of people to work there. Provide training once you got the job so they are mainly looking for your work ethic and personality. Because of this however you'd get very low salary. A very good place for anyone who may not have any experience or education.

Casual and friendly working environment. However because of the environment, it's not suitable for anyone who is serious about getting work done properly and professionally. It's part of their culture. If you are the party type and like to banter and laugh all the time then this place is a great place for you.

Decent benefits, especially if you're into fashion. Also good amount of internal entertainment to keep you going throughout every year. Very positive focused working place.

Strict, however on your performance and attendance. Good thing to take though is that if you can discipline yourself for this job you can pretty much go any where and will do just fine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASOS.com. Our community is ready to answer.