ASOS.com Employee Reviews

Poor enviroment
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire3 April 2018
The working environment wasn't great, constantly had someone looking over my shoulder pressuring me to work faster even though I was hitting targets set by my Team Leader.
Pros
Good starting times
Cons
Late finishes
Innovative, Great office and great people
Assistant Buyer Men's Brands (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 March 2018
A typical day at work would be a lot of communication with suppliers, internal colleagues and retailers to ensure delivery of products to ASOS on time. A very fast paced environment, I had to learn quickly to be productive as possible and to ensure every detail was correct a long the way to avoid delays/issues with projects or delivery.
I met so many great people at ASOS, and it launched my career into the fashion industry.
The hardest part of the job was the incredibly long hours, as I worked there in the beginning, when there was only a small team, so we worked day and night to get things done, I wanted to of course, I absolutely loved it there. It was my learning in the end that I need to have my own work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits and social life.
Cons
Long Hours
Fast paced overworked agency workers
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley11 March 2018
90% agency workers with the 10% ASOS staff looking down at the 90% who are tret badly and made to feel very unwanted even after working 12 hours and very hard
Good work/life balance poor management
customer service (Current Employee) –  watford10 March 2018
Although there is a good work/life balance, there is no room for progression and the management behave like bullies.

They do have good facilities in the new Watford office however, the pay is extremely poor.
Pros
Gym, hours
Cons
management, team leaders, bully culture not enough money. No chance of progression.
Avoid this place
Order Picker/Packer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire7 March 2018
Worked there last year. The job was to check customer's returns and give refunds/replacements. The targets are unreal! You must do 42/hour which is ridiculous! That means one item in one minute and a half. Your tasks are: scanning the bag/box sent by the customer, opening, checking all the items, put the information in the computer(if they are faulty...etc) pack the good items in new bags and put the faulty ones in a box for faulty. If it still sounds ok then you should know that you do everything online so if the internet is not working you can not possibly make your target. You can ask them to make a note for that but it does not happen most of the times. Most of the workers are polish/romanians including some of the trainers. You get 1 month training to achieve that target but most of the people can not do that. You get told all the time that you will get fired and you must explain why you did less than 42 in that hour for each hour in which you did less. There is 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift and 2 8 hour shifts, one for days and one for nights. Oh yes...the worst part is that one trainer will tell you something and one trainer will tell you something else. So you might get bad points for something you thought was normal to do. This also happens because some of the trainers soeak english quite poorly or just do not care because if anything happens, no matter what you say, it will be your fault. I would rather starve to death than go back there, honestly. Avoid at any circumstances! Also the agencies are doing tricks to get money from you...for example if you did overtime this  more... week and you missed one day they will pay everything as normal or with 7.5 no matter days or nights. Also if they run out of peak time they will fire many. Maybe after 2 3 weeks or more they will search for people again.  less
Pros
Payment. 7.50 for days, 9 something for nights, Overtime is 9 something for days and 11 something for nights
Cons
Long hours, 12 hours standing, target very high, running, bad management, very noisy, ...everything!!!
perfect job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire6 February 2018
perfect job would love to get back there but its too far from me. Love the working place good workers and never had problem to sort problem as there are helpful people
Nothing special
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Selby6 February 2018
Theyre expecting too much giving too little in return. Working there means dealing with constant stress and throughts of 'am I gonna get fired'. Too many rules some people just cant cope and cant keep up with it.
asos warehouse
Warehouse packer/picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire31 January 2018
good working environment, good bonuses and target bonuses, provide food, job involves picking/packing/inbound/sorting. overall good place to work and great pay at £8.45-£10.14
Pros
bonuses
Cons
flex downs
Customer Care Advisor
Customer care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Watford31 January 2018
In ASOS i am Managing high level customer complaints with a personalized manner.Handling enquires including staff order queries, VIP & Celebrity customers and financial transactions.
ok at times
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe17 January 2018
it was a good job but was very unorganised when there wasn't any work as they often let you travelled to work before letting you know that there wasn't any work so had a waste of journey
Productive fast paced workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire13 January 2018
Great place to work, provides the skills needed to progress in the workplace and climb up the ladder. No day was the same, always on the move, never not busy and always had a trainer and team leader close by if needed. Prepared to be on your feet all day doing a minimum of 6miles a day.
fun
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead12 January 2018
My job role ad responsibilities was to deal with customers who contacted the company regarding any issues on their orders. This meant I had to personally diagnose and find a solution to the trouble they were having with us. I did so via phone calls, emails and live chat.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Weekends
Amazing Place to work
Online Trading Optimisation Asisstant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2018
Lovely team and company to work with, amazing discount benefits
Fun enviroment,
Friendy sttaff
amazing parties
very welcoming - Just lack of management
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
not great salary
Fun & enjoy
Warehouse Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  UK7 January 2018
Typical day to when not been able to achieving given target.Learned to love the work.Management was absolutely perfect.Workplace culture was fit & friendly.The hardest part when lagging behind to hit target.Most enjoyable when targets being achieved in every hour.
Pros
Free Tea & Coffee
Bloody Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leavesden5 January 2018
A complete joke, did a couple of days temp work, well I say work, if you could get signed on the computer. This company is completely shambolic. 30 new starters,and not enough staff to train them.

So would like to have done some work, but alas no.
Pros
Parking.
Productive and fun place to work.
Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire15 December 2017
I worked on afternoon shift, from 3 pm to 11 pm as a picker. A target was huge but all the management was very helpful and all the workers supported each other fantastically. We had one longer half an hour break, great opportunity to use a canteen where was super good food. Every day I was very tired but happy.
I learned how works huge warehouse system and scanning skill of bare codes.I learned as well how to control stock.
The management was very helpful and respectful.
The workplace culture was the best with all respect and politeness.
The hardest part was huge target and if scanning gun did not work well.
The most enjoyable was a friendly enviroment and the busy workplace.
Pros
Canteen; friendly atmosphere.
Cons
No Bank Holiday pay if is your shift day; plus-hours.
Not what it seems.
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire13 December 2017
The company seems like a fun place to work for during the interview process, but during training you realise that it’s a very school like atmosphere. The training is practically useless as you don’t actually get a chance to have a go at replying to queries. It’s all theory. The job seems okay once you start and if you are lucky like me you get a great team. The job starts to get incredibly repetitive after a while, however this is not the companies fault. Your replies get marked by a quality team every week and there is something new wrong with your work every week, for example I was marked down because of how I wrote the date (DD/MM/YYYY). The rating you receive from the quality team is crucial, if you get below a 3 it’s not good news, however there is very little help to get your ratings up from team leaders. Your ratings are told to you in weekly 121 meetings which were pointless as you just discussed how the week went but it was more to just talk about all the things they feel you have done wrong. The higher management are absolutely vile to anyone below them including team leaders. It’s all fake smiles and gossip here. I would not recommend.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Repetitive, micro management, thankless job, no progression.
Id rather be on the dole!
Picker/Packer/stock control/ Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley30 November 2017
Avoid at all cost's!!! Do not go to asos its a place were you will feel like a slave getting bullied. We are not robot's we ate human!! You have no human rights there.
Pros
Card bored dinners
Horrible place
German adviosr (Current Employee) –  Leavesdon, Hertfordshire20 November 2017
Honestly it is a really horrible place to work at especially if you are a German advisor.

Management is horrible they dont really care or have a clue what is happening on the language team.

The job itself is not that hard, it is just repetitive.

There is nothing enjoyable about the job.
Pros
Sample sale
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
Not a nice place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Barnsley17 November 2017
only one 45 min break, take ages to get out of work, most staff are rude and arrogant, packers have to stand for the full 8 hours without a seat as do pickers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
rude staff