ASOS.com Employee Reviews

Bad work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe, South Yorkshire22 October 2018
What more can I say other than it is ASOS... It's reputation exceeds itself.
A very bad place to work, rubbish salary and bonus. No particularly any good benefits...
The work environment isn't great as people just aren't happy there...
Pros
Onsite parking...If you can get a spot
Ahhhmaaaazin
Customer Satisfaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead20 September 2018
Amazing place and people.

great perks AND INCENTIVES..

the pay is good they allow you to grow and encourage you. you're never dis heartened.

if you don't get something right away theyre willing to help
Great company
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire16 August 2018
Tough days, physical job, many different nationalities, good experience gained through this place, working to deadlines, must be a good time keeper. pay attention to details.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leavesden, Hertfordshire12 August 2018
Asos is a fun place to work, great colleagues and futuristic company, always thinking about how to make employees feel at home. Young Vibrant environment.
Pros
Sample Sale, Discount on websit
Cons
Shift pattern
Poor company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire7 August 2018
Being a current employee at asos i have seen alot. i have seen the wrong people progress and the good people being sacked. At asos if you're liked you will progress whereas if you're not you stay at the bottom. The managers/ team leaders have no clue on how to run a business nor their teams.
If you have any issues its very hard for it to be dealt with as being an advisor you're scared of loosing your job - so being quiet n suffering in silence is key in this workplace.
Pros
discount, freebies and asos parties
Cons
Mangement/ team leaders
Amazing
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead14 July 2018
I work in asos for one year and boy do I regret leaving amazing company and culture! I want to get back in so if your reading this please get back to me!
Pros
discount and amazing culture
Cons
Very fun and social workplace.
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Watford3 July 2018
The atmosphere is always buzzing at ASOS. There is so much encouragement to be social and you form genuine bonds with those on your team. Work is hard going, but all necessary training is provided.
Extremely poor management in place
Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Great company ethos but very poor work/life balance. Staff often expected to do a great deal of overtime and unrealistic work loads with management in place that are completely opposing the supposed company ethics. Questions the entire company when such awful managers are employed.
Pros
Staff discount
Productive and rewarding workplace
Inbound Administrator (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire1 May 2018
A good place to work, progression is available if you work hard, good management and staff and a fun and friendly place to work. i have learned valuable skills during my time here and have always had the support from management.
Repetitive, Bad Management
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leavesden, Hertfordshire27 April 2018
Working at ASOS is interesting. It starts of quite fun and you feel that the training you've received is adequate. Then you get on the floor and for the first month or so you feel that what you're doing is alright, although still a little lost. After a while you realise that whatever was taught in training is not how management want you to do things on the floor. You then go through weekly 121s with your team leaders. The 121s can be good for staff if they have any issues to raise and actually have a mature team leader.

As a standard customer advisor, your day to day life is pretty much always the same. It's so repetitive and boring and nothing ever changes. Eventually ASOS will decide to change some policies or processes that make no sense. (ASOS' motto seems to be, If it's not broken. Lets find a way to change it to annoy our staff). Used to have an effecient department that used to deal with order issue type queries. They got rid of this department and ever since there seems to just be more issues. Especially since they just down graded all the jobs of these people and now have other people working the exact same jobs, but the new people are not properly trained on the processes and seem to create more issues. making the normal advisor job even more difficult in some cases.

Overall, I wouldn't say it's a bad place to work. It's not good either though. Don't believe all the fun, happy things you're told at induction and training. You'll soon learn that it's not all rainbows here and you're treated like a child / like you're in school by team leaders in their early 20's
  more... who have no idea what they are doing and have to prance around the office to ask other team leaders questions when their team need help.

Progression here seems to be just as bad as most customer care jobs. You're told that you can progress if you work hard enough. However, it doesn't matter how good you are at your job and how hard you work. If they like somebody who has no clue what they are doing better than you for personal reasons. That person will get the job over you. Popularity rankings are a real thing here. I've never applied for a higher position myself but I know others within my team that have.
Pros
A lot of staff are super friendly, 40% Staff discount, Some events are cool.
Cons
Inexperienced management, You're treated like a child here, Ridiculous changes in processes that make no sense and are not explained properly, Poor Training provided.
would not recommend
Customer Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire4 April 2018
good people,

easy motivation but you must keep your head down, get in on time and do not get involved in office politics.

I have seen people sacked for being late
Pros
nice people
Cons
horrible older staff
Poor enviroment
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire3 April 2018
The working environment wasn't great, constantly had someone looking over my shoulder pressuring me to work faster even though I was hitting targets set by my Team Leader.
Pros
Good starting times
Cons
Late finishes
Innovative, Great office and great people
Assistant Buyer Men's Brands (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 March 2018
A typical day at work would be a lot of communication with suppliers, internal colleagues and retailers to ensure delivery of products to ASOS on time. A very fast paced environment, I had to learn quickly to be productive as possible and to ensure every detail was correct a long the way to avoid delays/issues with projects or delivery.
I met so many great people at ASOS, and it launched my career into the fashion industry.
The hardest part of the job was the incredibly long hours, as I worked there in the beginning, when there was only a small team, so we worked day and night to get things done, I wanted to of course, I absolutely loved it there. It was my learning in the end that I need to have my own work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits and social life.
Cons
Long Hours
Fast paced overworked agency workers
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley11 March 2018
90% agency workers with the 10% ASOS staff looking down at the 90% who are tret badly and made to feel very unwanted even after working 12 hours and very hard
Good work/life balance poor management
customer service (Current Employee) –  watford10 March 2018
Although there is a good work/life balance, there is no room for progression and the management behave like bullies.

They do have good facilities in the new Watford office however, the pay is extremely poor.
Pros
Gym, hours
Cons
management, team leaders, bully culture not enough money. No chance of progression.
Avoid this place
Order Picker/Packer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire7 March 2018
Worked there last year. The job was to check customer's returns and give refunds/replacements. The targets are unreal! You must do 42/hour which is ridiculous! That means one item in one minute and a half. Your tasks are: scanning the bag/box sent by the customer, opening, checking all the items, put the information in the computer(if they are faulty...etc) pack the good items in new bags and put the faulty ones in a box for faulty. If it still sounds ok then you should know that you do everything online so if the internet is not working you can not possibly make your target. You can ask them to make a note for that but it does not happen most of the times. Most of the workers are polish/romanians including some of the trainers. You get 1 month training to achieve that target but most of the people can not do that. You get told all the time that you will get fired and you must explain why you did less than 42 in that hour for each hour in which you did less. There is 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift and 2 8 hour shifts, one for days and one for nights. Oh yes...the worst part is that one trainer will tell you something and one trainer will tell you something else. So you might get bad points for something you thought was normal to do. This also happens because some of the trainers soeak english quite poorly or just do not care because if anything happens, no matter what you say, it will be your fault. I would rather starve to death than go back there, honestly. Avoid at any circumstances! Also the agencies are doing tricks to get money from you...for example if you did overtime this  more... week and you missed one day they will pay everything as normal or with 7.5 no matter days or nights. Also if they run out of peak time they will fire many. Maybe after 2 3 weeks or more they will search for people again.  less
Pros
Payment. 7.50 for days, 9 something for nights, Overtime is 9 something for days and 11 something for nights
Cons
Long hours, 12 hours standing, target very high, running, bad management, very noisy, ...everything!!!
perfect job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire6 February 2018
perfect job would love to get back there but its too far from me. Love the working place good workers and never had problem to sort problem as there are helpful people
Nothing special
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Selby6 February 2018
Theyre expecting too much giving too little in return. Working there means dealing with constant stress and throughts of 'am I gonna get fired'. Too many rules some people just cant cope and cant keep up with it.
asos warehouse
Warehouse packer/picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire31 January 2018
good working environment, good bonuses and target bonuses, provide food, job involves picking/packing/inbound/sorting. overall good place to work and great pay at £8.45-£10.14
Pros
bonuses
Cons
flex downs
Customer Care Advisor
Customer care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Watford31 January 2018
In ASOS i am Managing high level customer complaints with a personalized manner.Handling enquires including staff order queries, VIP & Celebrity customers and financial transactions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASOS.com. Our community is ready to answer.