Ask Italian
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Ask Italian Employee Reviews

United Kingdom147 reviews
Everyone enjoyed working together. If we had an issue we trusted management to help out. I mainly worked to evenings and a whole day. I worked more over school Holidays. A majority Of staff where from Europe And even though the kitchen where all male and the waiting staff where all female we where all treated equally.
Pros
Heavily discounted Food when on duty
Cons
Covering shifts on my days off. Made redundent
Good place to work in and started off really good but then management changed and it then became really horrible at the restaurant I was in. Constant arguing between management and staff and it seemed like management didn’t care for our wellbeing or anything
Local managers are good hardworking people. you are able to advance. Teams are very close but welcome new members in. Food is hugely discounted. These are the good points. Unfortunately many, many hours are worked for free by all, supervisors managers and chefs often working doubles, alone, with no breaks to save labour. Understaffed.Work/life balance is awful.
Pros
Local management good, friendly teams
Cons
Company expectations, zero work life balance
As my first job it taught me so many skills, was a wonderful working environment and built up my customer service confidence massively. Will miss working there for definite.
Pros
Team members, discounts, customer relations.
Cons
Closed down
Bulk bought frozen ingredients, reheated by a team of people who are all lovely, but so poorly trained that it quickly becomes impossible to meet the unrealistic and aggressive targets set by managers that have no demonstrable experience in the restaurant industry.

Chronically understaffed kitchens with long hours and low pay.
Pros
They will hire anyone at the drop of a hat.
Cons
Everything bad you can imagine about a restaurant.
When I first started working at Ask Italian they were very helpful in showing me the ropes of the workplace, if there was something I didn't know I would ask the staff and they would help me, the work was fast paced and the food needed to be prepped ready for the chefs to place the order. Management was great and helpful they would give us specific tasks to do and would stay calm under pressure, my experience there was great and I learned a lot and is a good place to work.
Great teams and great support, we were encouraged to give feedback, head office support was great, also the culture was amazing, we were allowed to be real and treat our customers with respect
Pros
Fun days with my team
Cons
Do not deal with HR issues appropriately and throw people into the deep end with running shifts, training isn't sufficient and GM and AMs often leave early
Great people to work with
Amazing food

Great job culture

Fun and exciting

Amazing experience

Worth it

Great atmosphere

Great pay

Hard work and pushed to strive for better
Il cibo è vagamente ispirato a quello italiano con aggiunta di piatti che non si usa mangiare da noi tipo la creamy mushroom cicken carbonara che nulla ha che vedere con la vera carbonara. Tutto surgelato sia la pasta che la pizza .
Nice company to start working for as a beginner chef
Shifts where 9am till 10pm with 2-3h or break

Free meals on shifts

Was busy on lunch time but I enjoyed it anyway

Would recommend to everyone
I had bad experience working with ask Italian. Overall good company but unfortunately higher managers was not helpful at all, don’t understand the individual business and opportunities, always looking at numbers only
ho avuto una bellissima esperienza lavorando ad Ask Italian, i colleghi -con pochissime eccezioni- erano tutti disponibili, allegri e amichevoli. Il rapporto ore/prezzo era perfetto: potevo viverci facilmente pur con un contratto parttime.
Mi mancherà molto quel posto.
Strong team spirit. Rewarding job in a fast paced environment. Fair and understanding management team. Option for Free staff food on a shift available. Fantastic opportunity to grow, great company training provided (online platform).
Pros
Uniform provided
a typical day at work was very fast-paced, quite stressful when the restaurant was very busy. I learned how to organise and manage time properly. colleagues were good to work with.
I have fin working there , always I had my own section , My wages was the minimum rate but I had an amazing tips , I would say was one of my best jobs so far.
the company does not provide enough support to the team, they have really bad customers and they are only looking for a discount which the company does not stop to spread.
they are paid only the minimum per hours and compare to the living cost in London is not enough.

they are requiring a lot of work due to the number of hours they are cutting from people.

overall after many years in the company working between the back of house and front of the house they just care about profit as any big company.

people are just a number the rest does not count.
Pros
free margherita pizza after 6 h shift
Cons
long house, bank holidays not pay, weekend pay as normal, poor staff food and not for free
Worked at The O2 Ask Italian and it was a great experience.
The team there really have each others back and it is wonderful talking to all the different customers out to see different shows.

However, as it is a restaurant that is beside an arena be ready to deal with difficult customers wanting a 3 course meal within 20 mins and to be told off when targets are not met and receive no pat on the back if they are!

The restaurant makes lots of money but pay raises are impossible
Pros
£2 staff meals on full menu items, great team, wonderful location, great tips for waiter/waitress
Cons
Long hours, dull days if no shows on
fun place to work, long hours, good tips, good staff training, often understaffed, management was ok, always weekend work, rota not done till sunday for the following week,
Great place great team great system
Great atmosphere ,flexible hours

Nice food ,good opportunity to learn with comfident ,its nxt step of the hospitality
Great company to work for passionate about people and look after them, Company has high standards and are passionate about their company vision that they strive for