Ask Italian Employee Reviews

Ask italian
Chef (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex27 September 2019
Great place great team great system
Great atmosphere ,flexible hours
Nice food ,good opportunity to learn with comfident ,its nxt step of the hospitality
Great
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln26 September 2019
Great company to work for passionate about people and look after them, Company has high standards and are passionate about their company vision that they strive for
Lovely team, promotions to work towards!
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire12 September 2019
Training was fantastic and I soon went from a waiter position to Manager on Duty. Lovely team spirit and a business that encourages you to inject your personality into service. Unfortunately managers have come and gone leaving the teams family tree incomplete.
Pros
Lovely friendly team, generally nice local customers, promotions available
Cons
Unsociable hours, full team family tree not in place.
Grim
Christmas Temp, Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands29 August 2019
Used just to cover their Christmas period while they needed more staff
General manager hasn’t a clue what the industry is like anymore
The restaurant everyone was family and had a clique, made it very hard to fit in.
Anytime anyone said anything this was taken and sprialed into a mess.
Restaurant is clearlyy in serious decline
Hard work and underpaid
waitress (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 August 2019
I was lied to in my interview about what the pay was and treated terribly by management. They assumed they could get away with it because I was very young at the time.
Lovely coworkers and environment but very demanding
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Devon24 August 2019
You’re always on your feet and it can be very busy and pressured. However I’ve got on well with coworkers and management and that can make up for it.
You’re on minimum wage when you first start which is too little for the work you do in my opinion but as you learn more areas you can earn more money.
Pros
Discounted staff food, friendly coworkers
Cons
Long hours, demanding
Amazing place to work
General manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford11 July 2019
Impressed with the culture and dimensions of Ask italian and Azzurri group. Very well organised, good management, growing company and plenty of opportunities.
Pros
Culture and fun Place to work
It is quiet
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London3 July 2019
I did not really enjoy it as it was not always busy and you would sometimes be waiting around. They also gave me incorrect uniform and it was not organised.
Pros
Free staff meals
Cons
Not enough hours
bad
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London17 June 2019
good to work but not for a long time i would work here if you are looking to save up to do something in the future this place has no commitment to long serving employees bottom line type of company
Friendly environment
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury4 June 2019
On a typical day you go from opening the kitchen to a continuosly prep and serving of food.
The hardest part of the job are the busy hours for sure; you'll have to think and be fast otherwise you won't make it.
The most enjoyable thing is the open kitchen. You're able to see what's going on the floor and outside the building which gives you a good vibe.
Pros
Low cost/free lunches and friendly environment
Cons
Long shifts and very stressful moments
It was a friendly place to work with a strong team
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands16 May 2019
I would either be on the open or close. If I was on the open I would get in, check the kitchen from last nights close making sure that there was no out of date food. Then I would get the bar and restaurant set up for the day checking online bookings. Once the restaurant was open I would oversee the restaurant making sure everyone was happy. If I was on the close I would see what food we were out of for the evenings, allocate staff to sections and check the evening bookings. At the end of the night I would check the cleanliness of the kitchen and make sure that there wouldn't be any food going out of date. I would cash up all of the waiting staffs takings and make sure the building was secure.

I would also wait on tables which I always enjoyed because I like the interaction with customers and the challenges of providing great customer service. I think it helped me so I could be a better shift supervisor
Terrible
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch7 April 2019
Managment and area mangers are biaed on who is there friends not best at the job

Expect you to drop everything just to be at work.
No help offered by higher managements

Terrible place to work for
Cons
Poor managers long hours
people company
General Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kew Green7 March 2019
huge potential for internal development. fun to work, successful business
after so many years working for Ask Italian - I gain a lot of experience, friends.
productive and good place to work
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, West Yorkshire5 February 2019
Cooked and served food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portions, temperature control procedures and facility policies. Practiced safe food handling procedures at all times.
Pros
menus, diet plans...
Cons
medium hours
Fun
Graduated Waited (Former Employee) –  Swindon27 January 2019
Things can go from very busy to really quiet depending on the time of year. Customers vary from amazing to horrible, but most are on the positive side as just regular people that realise you are just a person too that can make mistakes and can't make miracles happen. Management have your back with particularly difficult customers. The best part really is the people you work with and the nice surprises from some customers like great tips.
Pros
Cheap food for breaks (£2.00 avg. for a meal) and a flexible schedule.
Cons
Minimum wage.
Dobra
Chef (Former Employee) –  Colchester4 January 2019
Moim zdaniem ta praca jest dobra ,lecz na jakiś czas. Nauczyłem się tam bardzo dużo ale chciałbym więcej, lecz nie jest to możliwe ,gdyż większość jedzenia przyjeżdża świeżo mrożone.
Part time job but will forever treasure
2-star graduated chef (Former Employee) –  UK23 October 2018
I worked here for some time during my university life and it was amazing and the atmosphere in the kitchen was always positive. The job itself was tough but the people made it worth it
Fun and Efficient
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull7 October 2018
Such a great variety of team members which make up an amazing work family, not just a team.
management and staff are lovely to work with and communicate with outside of work.
Very understandable of situations individuals face of no fault of their own and can always guarantee you support when needed.
Overall an efficient, reliable and friendly team to be part of.
ASK Hull.
Pros
friendly, staff food, efficient
Cons
very minimum wage
so much fun!
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire11 September 2018
i was fortunate to have a great team surrounding me so despite any rude customer and the odd bad days we were able to laugh and it taught me a lot about the services industry and we always came together as a unit and that's something i felt instantly when i joined!!!! would highly recommened
Pros
cheap food! understanding management!
hard working
Waitress/Barista (Former Employee) –  Petersfield9 September 2018
had work, long ours. however good atmosphere. easy to get along with collegues. very god tips. allow good holidays, especially if you need time off. very good food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ask Italian. Our community is ready to answer.