Ashford Borough Council Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and fulfilling Position
Area officer (Former Employee) –  Ash28 March 2018
Worthwhile role supporting the community. Very enjoyable within the team and connecting and helping the local area through a variety of different means.
Environmental Health
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford1 October 2017
Fast past and demanding office environment which is constantly subject to systems changes.

My time in this workplace allowed me to fully develop my administrative skills which I hope to utilize in my future career.
customer services
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent26 June 2017
Good company to work for ,Ashford Borough council have good benefits, cheaper cinema tickets!
up to date training
management can be approachable if you have any problems
Excellent
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ashford24 April 2017
My position with Ashford Borough Council (ABC) was a cleaner at a primary school within the town. The job was very rewarding as the other staff members were wonderful to work with.

The site manager at the school managed the cleaners, and he was the most wonderful person I have ever had the pleasure to work with. He made every effort to make sure all staff members were happy with their job.
Pros
Short hours and good pay.
Busy
Sheltered Housing Scheme Manager (Current Employee) –  Two Sheltered Housing Schemes in Ashford Borough19 January 2015
Very busy and can be a very stressful position dealing with elderly, especially when they are ill or deceased. Not much time during the day to deal with all events of the day and elderly need lots of companionship which cannot be delivered.

Nice people in office.

Good location and salary.
Pros
Location & Salary
Cons
No promotion prospects. Work loads can be tough.
normal day
Escort (Current Employee) –  ashford kent7 August 2014
A typical day at work would be, leaving my house to sit in the taxi, to then go and collect the student or adult, knock on their door , making sure they are belted up in the car safely.take their belongings and put them in the boot, I tend to try and make a conversations with the students so it distracts their attention to anything else, rather then them being in a bad mood when getting in the car, it can make it a nice pleasent journey. hardest part would definitely be keeping the child or adult in a good mood as it can be difficult as of the learning difficulties they may have and their attention span. i enjoy working with disabled as you can meet some lovely people , also its nice to meet people especially when they get to now you , it becomes enjoyable and can become very sociable towards them.
Pros
20 % off in ashford outlet
Cons
0 hour contract
I enjoy working here and am very busy all the time. But I feel it is time for a change and would now rather work full time than part time
Payments Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent5 February 2014
My typical day starts at 8am normally I have a varied working life and do lots of different jobs. I am a Payments Officer, which means I do all aspects of Purchase Ledger including Payment runs weekly. I deal on the phone with our suppliers and also with queries with different departments.
The people I work with are great but I feel the time has come to move on and look for a new challenge.
There is not really a hard part of my job, but I have to juggle many little jobs all at once so I have to be very organised.
Pros
Flexi time, pension
Cons
No cons
Enjoyable
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashford20 August 2013
During my time in this employment i found it enjoyable and rewarding as it was a job at times you could be the worlds worst enemy through to helping people change a tyre and the undying thanks you would get through helping.
Professional
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Ashford2 September 2012
I enjoyed my time within this role and will return in the future once i am driving as that was the main struggle previously.