ASDA Employee Reviews

An ok place to work
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinmel bay conwy2 February 2018
Always a new day with differnet things happening, always meeting new peopke but then would get your usual customers , enjoyed meeting new people and new challenges
Pros
Discount card after 12 weeks
Cons
Long and hard days
productive when left unsupervised.
sales asssisstant (Former Employee) –  North East2 February 2018
More often than not it felt like the management would interrupt the daily tasks to carry out something superfluous that would then have a knock on effect on the daily work. When allowed to work alone on my department the work went well and everything that needed doing, got done.
Pros
friendly work force
Cons
often being interrupted without clear explanations of objectives.
Not the Best Company to Work for!
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 February 2018
The management is very poor and confrontational. They did let me have two weeks off unpaid study leave when I had exams that was good of them. The biggest problem I had with Asda is that I was contracted to work 2-10 on a Saturday and management always expected me to work overtime so I would usually do 40 hours a week but they would never give me a bigger contract than 8 hours a week so I couldn't have proper holidays because I would lose a lot of money.
Pros
You're more than a number.
Cons
Poor Management, expect you to do overtime consistently but never give you a fulltime contract!
Generally Okay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire1 February 2018
The job itself was okay however the hours are short so the money is not great. And the hours I had were all evenings as all the day shift were taken. You get to go home when you have finished your route and unloading so you can either be early or late. So don't be set to finish at the time schedule.
Pros
You get to finish when you finish
Cons
If you are delayed you have to finish your route so you are home late
great work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 February 2018
great working place but was not for me as it was just cleaning
learned how to clean the bakery
meeting new people
great hours
helping people with there task
Pros
canteen
Cons
transport
Enjoyed my time here
ASDA WAL-MART COLLEAGUE (Former Employee) –  WAL-MART SUPER CENTRE ASDA MILTON KEYNES1 February 2018
Great places to work training given on aspects of jobs you do.
Salary could be better
Management need more training on how to deal with colleagues
Brilliant job culture
Pros
Salary needs to higher
Cons
Not enough colleagues to do certain jobs
Bad Management,
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering31 January 2018
I was working for ASDA for 7 years.
It does not matter how long you have been working for them
Asda pays minimum wages £7.50 an hour.
No motivation, no benefits apart from Once a year bonus which is very small. Then Asda kick staff out just before Bonus date to save money.
Every theft, all wastage are taken OUT of our Bonus.
Asda management made mistakes about my break entitlement so I got underpaid for 6 months !!!
Very strict system which takes OUT of your payment if you clock in 1 minute late but Asda does not pay if you finish your work later that contracted sift.
VERY COLD in store, MUSIC is broken most of the time, NO WINDOWS looks more like a PRISON really...
NO one is happy in Asda apart from Management who earns decent salary and carry ZERO responsibility for their mistakes !!
Ordinary workers are just numbers, if you are on long sick note...Asda will make sure they will get rid of you so that Asda do not pay you any MONEY for sickness.
Company strategy is too reduce the amount of employees and make the remain staff work twice as much for MINIMUM wage.
NOT RECOMMENDED.
Pros
Pay bills
Cons
Cold invironment, bad management, very strick rules
Great Place to work!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southport31 January 2018
Maybe not the best pay and of late they've gotten pretty tight on giving out of a decent contract. Aside from this i thoroughly enjoyed working here, felt valued and enjoyed many years of employment.

If the wages and contract's had been better i probably would have tried to make a career in retail.
Pros
Discount, Hours Flexibility
Cons
Poor wages, Low contract hours
it was productive and happy team to work with
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol31 January 2018
working for asda is great doing a variation of jobs within the stores
all team players work together to get stores in shape for customers every day, great customer satifaction
Pros
dont think anything free now
Cons
working full or part time hours were avaialble
Relaxed and fun
Porter (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill31 January 2018
Asda is the best place I've worked for as a seasonal temp, I really enjoy working with co-workers and the shift times was nothing to complain about. I would recommend a lot of people to work for this company.
Pros
Discounts, great pay and good shift paturns
Cons
Rude customers
Great team experience
Home Shopper (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire30 January 2018
Home shopping at the ASDA i work at is one of the best teams i have ever had the pleasure of working with. The whole team works well together from the drivers, to the the pickers, to the mangers. The hardest part of the job varies from day to day and is largely dependent on the colleagues alongside you. The most enjoyable part of the job is team building. On a slightly negative note, i feel the top managers and section leaders are very elitist and alot of jobs seem to go to friends and family members of those at the top of the store.
Pros
Great team, lots of opportunities
asda
Customer Services Manager/Departmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire30 January 2018
worked long hours in many departments before progressing to the management team. The workplace was a fun enviroment with many characters. One of many challenges faced was working alongside the the management team.
Pros
customer focused
Cons
no direction from peers
Liked the people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire30 January 2018
At Asda, the job can be very repetitive but the staff makes the job a lot more bearable. It's an amazing place for a student as you can become seasonal.
Enjoyable workforce
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  South West30 January 2018
The job is well paid for what Asda requires of you, however it is the same repetitive jobs and it becomes boring and doesn't ask much of your brain to function the responsibilities they want you to take on. But the workforce of Asda gets you through the shifts and the majority of the managers are laid back providing you're always working and not stopping to chat to other colleagues.
Pros
People
Cons
Same, repetitive jobs
nice place to work
Colleague (Former Employee) –  Dalgety Bay, Fife30 January 2018
career progress not much chance (if your face fits)
overall job satisfaction good but wages very poor training not good for career opportunity nice area to work good customer base friendly place
Pros
bonus
Cons
training
good job
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk30 January 2018
different skills learned everyday. was a fun environment to work in. the hardest part of the was trying to keep up with the work but was manageable after a while.
good place to work
Asda Security (Current Employee) –  Taunton30 January 2018
Asda is a good place to work if you need a secure job its fun and you meet intresting people everyday, You can have fun and have a laugh with customers
Pros
canteen
Wonderful manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire29 January 2018
I loved working for Asda was a bit disorganised with shifts.
Any old staff (who was there before it was Asda) got the day shifts and the newer staff only got the later shifts which didn’t seem fair.
Pros
Manager is wonderful
Cons
Disorganised
Not too bad
Asda Colleague (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire29 January 2018
Bad management but nice place too work. Get to meet new people and friendly staff.

I liked the staff and the work. Management was changing all the time which caused abit of tension amongst staff.
Pros
Good work load. Plenty of staff
Cons
Bad management
great place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flintshire29 January 2018
I have enjoyed working at Asda very much the people there are lovely the environment is good to and I helping customers is a great feeling. The only thing is they can be long days weekend included.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K