ASDA Employee Reviews

Found 5,502 reviews matching the search See all 5,655 reviews
Every day is different
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside20 November 2018
A typical day included serving customers, handling money and being friendly. In this role I learned to have a great deal of patience, to listen to people and to work independently. The most enjoyable part would have been listening to customers stories, the hardest would have been the rude customers with lack of respect.
Pros
Flexible, friendly, fun events
Cons
Negative customers, late nights
not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford20 November 2018
really bd management bullies re shifts I'm hard worker and they were so mean to me not work here would rather work cleaning toilets sorry but trur,,,
Good pay but awful work/life balance
E-Commerce Trading Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 November 2018
I have frequently worked 15 hour days for this company, 6 days a week, if not 7. The efforts I have put in have not been appreciated but have instead been expected of me.
The environment is hostile,
trolly work
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Cheshire19 November 2018
worked cleaning the car park and making sure all the trolley went to the right place. help customer to there cars if the need help cleaned the toilets and shop floor
Grouping Culture
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire18 November 2018
Overall Asda is brilliant but if you are a ethnic minority and want to move up in the company, it is almost impossible because they have their night out culture where you go and buy people drinks and if you dont do that there is no way you will ever move up.
Pros
Not many
Cons
A company which gives you equal opportunities despite your ethnic background but they dont.
Okay company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sedgley18 November 2018
Management are really helpful and will try and meet your needs and requirements. Staff are friendly and you feel like part of a team. Benefits are okay especially the double discount days.
Pros
discount card
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough18 November 2018
Added is a good company to work for. Job progression is there if you want it. Flexible hours, free uniform . Staff canteen. If the checkouts are quiet you will be asked to help in other departments.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
N/a
CHECHOUT OPERATOR/STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  THORNABY ENGLAND15 November 2018
I enjoyed going to work every day,working with the staff, the customers.We worked hard but had moments of fun.It was a friendly place to work where most of the staff were friendly to each other.I never experienced a hard part of the job as I had a great supervisor who was always there to help
Pros
Paid breaks
Store Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead15 November 2018
General cleaning duties throughout the store..
Making sure the store was kept to the highest standard of cleanliness..
Great management in the store..
Good place to gain experience but not a worthwhile career.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Leonards-on-Sea15 November 2018
Good for part time work if you are studying, however, would not recommend as a career. I believe the company is moved closer and closer towards e-commerce and stores are slowly reducing the amount of staff.
Pros
10% discount all year with some 20% discount days.
Cons
Poor management.
assistent
assist customers (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London14 November 2018
i just done my work experience there, when i was in year 10 because my teacher has chosen it for me. and i enjoyed it, talking to customers and solving problems
fun place to work
George Colleague (Former Employee) –  Longsight, Greater Manchester13 November 2018
typical day at work is clocking in and just trying to maintain a clean and tidy work area. helping customers find products, occasionally going into the warehouse to find and sort out items
Pros
good hours
Cons
boring work
Verry friendly work enviroment
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Warrington11 November 2018
The job it self was very good, I was enjoing the work over there. Management was very helpfull and friendly, all helth and safety aspect of work place were very well kept.
Fantastic enviroment,
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  York11 November 2018
I have worked for some large companies, that have terrible conditions and management.
Here at ASDA, I found it very different from the moment I started. Managers Section Leaders very friendly and helpful / supportive.
Other drivers are friendly and helpful,
I get to drive to places all over the county. From inner city to the coast. I see some outstanding country side.
Customers are fantastic very friendly I even get gifts from some.
Every day is a different run. Loads can vary to a few drops to a full van.
I enjoy working for ASDA, this job will see me to my retirement.
If you enjoy driving, meeting people and not affraid of a bit of manual graft then this job is for you.
There are times you need to think on your feet and
Adapt to the occassion. If this sounds like you
Then you will fit in,
Pros
Flexability. Staff Discounts. No two days are the same.
Cons
Wages could be better
good store to work in but could be better
Admin cash office (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset9 November 2018
Open up my office work area, prepare trolley for till resets, collect all monies from tills and over course of shift count and balance all monies. Communication could be improved with all staff members/colleagues. Nothing to hard with job,I get to handle money for most of my shift.
Pros
discount card
Cons
early starts and lone working
okay for students
Customer Services Section Leader (Current Employee) –  London9 November 2018
the job is very east however the staff you work with can make your life extremly hard. if your a student this job will be perfect for you but anyone else stay clear
Pros
flexible
Cons
management are bullies
Warm, friendly and fun!
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill9 November 2018
I have 3 years experience working for Asda, I have worked most areas in store and always enjoyed going to work. It is a great company to be able to grow, you can do stepping stones up to section leader even manger.
Pros
Great benefits
Absolutely shocking management skills
HRSS Temp (Former Employee) –  Morley, Leeds9 November 2018
I worked at Asda, Brittania House in Morley as a temp for 3 weeks. They have just sacked me because I've had a day off due to an illness I'm currently having investigated. It's an absolute shambles in there, management tell you three different things and no one seems to have a clue what the right answer is. They don't tell you what shifts you're working and then pull you up and tell you for it even though they've not advised you of the rules etc. You get told you can make up your hours and do extra time for them and then tell you that you can't. The line manager in Colleague Lifecycle is a cow if i'm honest and doesn't even spend time to get to know the temps. I wouldn't suggest anyone taking a temporary job here or even a permanent for that matter. Absolute shambles.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for next to nothing wage, terrible management, unorganised, no one knows what the right processes are, unfriendly management team
Un-organised and inept management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 November 2018
Hectic and un-organised.
There is no training.
Management are inept.
Headless chickens.
Not being allowed to do the (good) job.
Colleagues are excellent.
Pros
Sharesave
Cons
Poor communication
A mixed opinion
Chilled Colleague (Former Employee) –  Widnes7 November 2018
I worked at 2 ASDA stores: Widnes and St. Helens. Widnes was amazing. The staff are friendly and dedicated to their role within the store. Management was somewhat helpful. Sometimes it felt as if they didn't care. The store is great and the job itself is easy and goes really quick. However, when I moved to St. Helens, the whole idea of ASDA was turned around. Staff and management were so rude and actually called me stupid for making small little errors. That is not how to treat your staff! Didn't really feel like a place you could enjoy (working there).
Pros
Great pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K