ASDA Employee Reviews

family with in work
Asda home shoping Colleague (Current Employee) –  Dunstable12 April 2018
family working team where every one knows everyone and it a fun caring people that work their that make the place a family team with it up and downs as family do
your ok if you get a good management team
e comm manager (Former Employee) –  asda11 April 2018
Your expected to work long hours if your a salaried colleague which tends to be the management team . They are good at progression . Colleagues who are hourly paid are on a good thing .
Pros
discount card
Varied daily experiece
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swanley11 April 2018
Each day is different when working with the public. There are always new challenges to find suitable solutions to. The hardest part of the job is finding solutions to all the problems that arise, though with so many people working in the company there is always some one to confer with.
Its Okay...
Admin (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft11 April 2018
No job Security... never know when they are gonna cut your hours, other than that, it can be a fun place to work at. the benfits that come with the job are great...
fun place to work
Waitress/kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire11 April 2018
Asda is a great place to work, especially if you have the right work friends to get along with, the company is good overall but it isn't great that the cafe workers don't get discount in asda store.
Pros
customers
Cons
no discount
Felt valued
Asda Colleague (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire10 April 2018
It fitted in with my life at the time and my partner job and it was enjoyable and felt good working as part of a team it was early mornings which meant getting to go to my children’s daily appointments and school
Events
Would have give 0 stars if possible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aintree, Merseyside10 April 2018
Terrible place to work no regard for members of staff, check-out assistant made to work like robots cannot move or talk, only allowed to talk to customers whilst having to constantly look happy. No career prospects and would not advise anyone to work here. I will never step foot in Aintree (North Korea) store again. DO NOT turn round whilst on your till, DO NOT take a step away from your till and whatever you do, DO NOT go to the toilet without ringing up and asking. Scary when I think back!
Pros
Cheap meals in Staff Cafe
Cons
Were do I start
Busy and Demanding but always fun
Distribution Academy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire10 April 2018
Really enjoyed working with the diverse range of people. You do feel like you have achieved something at the end of the day.

Hardest part was the hours and the amount of travel
Pros
Free parking, inclusive culture.
avoid
Night Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside9 April 2018
hated every minute terrible company no care for staff keep reducing night hours constantly and expecting same levels of work on less than half the staff
The people make the job.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayr9 April 2018
Working in Asda is ok. At the moment, cuts have made the store run on bare minimum but still expect the same amount of work to be done. People that work there are amazing and come from all kinds of backgrounds. Management at my store is done well but needs some fine tuning in order for it to run smoothly. The hardest part of the job is having to work in several departments in one day to ensure the shop runs smoothly but leaves your own department struggling for the rest of the day. The most enjoyable part of working for Asda is the colleagues that work there. They really make it worth while and I have made friends for life by working there.
Pros
Good people, 10% discount, flexible working
Cons
Low pay grade
productive.
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rhyl9 April 2018
prepare checkouts for a very busy day. give team briefing. enjoyed the team on checkouts and the customers you get to know on a daily basis very rewarding;
Pros
staff discount
Cons
not enough hours
sales assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 April 2018
arranging stock ensuring filled onto shop floor, assisting customers to best of ability. checking for stock at other locations. Dealing with customers face to face and on telephone. Ensuring department is maintained to a suitable standard and ensuring the warehouse stock has been worked and all items have been fed away to their appropriate area.good team
Pros
good team
Cons
not goood management
Reliable and stable workplace
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire8 April 2018
- Working on improving sales
- Learned health and safety requirements, risk assesments
- Interaction with customers to ensure good service
- Team work
- Job was always the same, could get mundane
Was Ok
Ace (Cleaner) (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor8 April 2018
I was holiday cover so only worked when required. Most of the other cleaners were great to work with but a couple were unpleasant to work along side. The boss mess me around with shift times towards the end of my contract.
Great Colleagues & Great Benefits
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Kent7 April 2018
I pick the customers shopping, very carefully selecting the best products for them (choosing items just as if you were shopping for yourself) I love working with my colleagues and the majority of the customers are nice too. Unfortunately our trollies do become quite heavy to push around sometimes!
Enjoyable
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol7 April 2018
Excellent company to work for, i thoroughly enjoyed working there, the only reason i left was because i got offered a job driving minibuses, but would love to do the 2 jobs
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Not enough hours
Loved working there
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Carcroft, South Yorkshire7 April 2018
I absolutely loved working there for my work-placement while in school, the staff are absolutely friendly and kind, I got shown respect everyday and not one day went by when I wasn’t smiling
Pros
Free lunches, amazing staff and loved helping the customers
friendly place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Reading6 April 2018
working at asda was an easy task the main part of my day was spent in the warehouse. the other members of staff and management were pleasant and easy to to get along with.
Friendly co-workers
Service Host (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 April 2018
It can get extremely busy in the day, you have to be prepared to multitask with answering the phones, replacing product for customers, monitoring ques, doing call outs and more.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Late hours
cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterhead, Aberdeenshire5 April 2018
a typical day at work was cleaning the bakery and the deli, I learned how to deep clean and worked on my own, the hardest part of the job was making sure everything was spotless, the most enjoyable part of the job was being happy with the outcome.
Pros
knowing different cleaning products
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K