ASDA Employee Reviews

Friendly staff environment
Checkout Operator-seasonal work (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset18 April 2018
There is a good level of support for new staff. Supervisors were happy to help and develop skill sets. The role offered a number of opportunities to learn new skills and undertake a number of roles.
Productive and fun workplace
E-Commerce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ferring18 April 2018
ASDA is a productive and fun place to work, the variety of job roles is enjoyable and exciting meaning every day brings up a new challenge. I have learned several skills including more knowledge on the law surrounding the retail industry. Management isn't the best and there is a high staff turnaround when it comes to managers as they are constantly being moved around in order to further their own careers. The hardest part of the day can be the early mornings or the stress surrounding busy periods such as Christmas and summer holidays when customers during the day increase. The most enjoyable part of the day is the friendships that you form amongst teams and different departments.
Pros
good money
Cons
busy during holidays
Was a good place to work other than managment
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels18 April 2018
Worked for a number of months until they let me go as my contract had ""run its course" i feel i was let go because of an much up that just taken place a day before my contract was terminated that i had nothing to do with but had been blamed for when i asked why i was being let go they simply said my contract had ended although i was contracted to work 2 more months. been told i was blamed for the apparent mistake of a newly promoted supervisor first in first out i guess. do not know if it was upper management try to save face or what but they wouldn't give me a reason for why my contract had been ended just that it had been. No prior warning. Nothing. in and out sacked. other than that very happy place to work had a lot of fun probably the best job i have had so far.
Pros
weekends
Cons
managment
good for starting out somewhere
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 April 2018
It is a good place to start with opportunities to grow. However, since getting rid of the middle management values and standards has fallen. No work-life balance.
Pros
colleague discount
Cons
no work-life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 April 2018
the work environment was endurable however the pay was not to the standard pay, workers were friendly and supportive, the working flexibility was under review, therefore, all in all, is average.
work experience
Fresh Food Assistant - School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Wolstanton17 April 2018
good on a work experience level, but shift work and no regularity to hours so very hard to manage work/life balance correctly. Also a low paid job as to be expected
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford17 April 2018
Productive environment, but can be stressful at times. Sometimes job can be a little overwhelming especially in the summer and Christmas months, not always guaranteed overtime or hours unless contracted.
Pros
payable hours
Cons
break system
Job satisfaction
Sales and Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh16 April 2018
I spent many years working for Asda and enjoyed what I did, I enjoyed being around customers and making sure that they got great customer service.
due to the cuts in hours this put a strain on my life financially and it was sad to say goodbye when I did.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cut to hours
Good bunch of people
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Leyton, Greater London16 April 2018
Working with people that are expireanced really helped me to understand my role at Asda. Also the worker that helped me really did help me and guide me through the job leadin me to understand everything.
Pros
It was in my area
Cons
Not long enough break
not good but not that bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bulwell, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
ex employee great job in the summer as you can actually see house numbers etc but I left before dark nights because you wouldn't stand a chance of finding the address,good company nice people but not for the money they offer.
Pros
free coffee

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
Check-out Operator (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk16 April 2018
Most of your colleagues are good people. I am still friends with some of the people that I worked with even though I left this job around 10 years ago.
good to work for
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent15 April 2018
flexible and a good job to work for , money is good but discount is only 10%. it involves alot of picking and targets and also you can get down time for breaks which isnt great.
Interesting place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London15 April 2018
A very interesting place to work at, as I have learnt many skills from Asda. for example: keeping up-to-date with time and people, working within a team, handling different personalities within the work place, working under pressure and always keeping a smile on the face as I had the opportunity to work at a check-out operator.

Overall it was a good experience working at Asda.
its a joke
Home Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Accrington15 April 2018
start by doing the van checks,pdc or sheald ,start your root does not include leval crossing,zebra crossing,hold ups morning traffic afternoon trafic,road works,and any things what may delay you,going a to b and back to a over to c then back to a,going round in circles all day (time slots)section leaders team leader team manager check their phones for betting up dates,face book,live football updates,might be late setting off late pickers,so its up to you to make time up no breaks again,driving upto 10 hours a day without a break or in 8 hours,over load in the toats,trying to get a heavy toat on the top shelf on the van is hard if you are a small person,
Pros
meeting the public
Cons
money, pointless, vans, not agood job
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant - Cavendish Street (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne14 April 2018
1. Order picking, stock replenishment, database correction, and pricing.
2. Ensure the department clean and tidy.
3. Dealing with customer quires. Till processes and cash handling - (Challenge 25)
4. Markdowns process. Date code checks, dealing with waste disposal uplift.
Pros
Ok
Awful place to work
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent14 April 2018
I'm so glad I've been made redundant from here. It affected my mental health extremely badly because of the way I got treated. From discrimination, to bullying, to a lot of stirring/rumours. All because of my autism! Management are horrible and do the above too. No support whatsoever and I kept getting blamed for stuff.

9.5hrs a week wasn't enough, I asked for more hours but no one was allowed (even full time!), they kept messing me about on everything. I kept having anxiety attacks and had to be sent home almost every shift it made me that bad!

Only good thing is the pay.
Pros
Pay
Meh
Health and Beauty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield14 April 2018
Just your average place of work. Tasks get a bit repetitive as your doing the same thing every day. Bit boring but nice people to work with in the company. Opportunity to progress
Pros
Salary
Cons
Repetitive
Disappointing
Nights Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich13 April 2018
Pros:
Pays well
Good hours
Always overtime available

Cons:
Not the same level of expectation for all colleagues across days and nights
Lack of communication between management
Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2018
Training individuals their job role , meeting deadlines and targets , customer service , impeccable time keeping, map reading skills, delivering goods to distributors and customers
Pros
Discount
family with in work
Asda home shoping Colleague (Current Employee) –  Dunstable12 April 2018
family working team where every one knows everyone and it a fun caring people that work their that make the place a family team with it up and downs as family do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K