ASDA Employee Reviews

A Hard place to work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Torfaen12 September 2018
Very short staffed, few multi-trained colleagues to help and support most areas. As with all places there is favouritism. Overtime is available and better if you can become multi-trained.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Stressful
Fun experience
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 September 2018
I enjoyed working in Asda as I like to be around people and help people.i like having a responsibility just like my responsibilities at Asda we’re controlkibg how much stock needs putting out this makes me feel like I am being useful and doing a good job .
Pros
Not on your own everyone’s a team
Cons
Same thing all day everyday
Fun workplace
Asda Colleague (Current Employee) –  Newport10 September 2018
Used to really enjoy my job such a fun place to work but due to all the recent changes there lately the moral is not the same..pros of the job are the people you work with lovely people,but the cons are the changes thats made the job so different
Pros
On my doorstep
Cons
Hours not suitable
Not so bad
Worker ant (Current Employee) –  Scotland Haven, Highland10 September 2018
Like any job it can be boring and you are expected to do more with fewer people. If only customers realised that your cheap food is at the expense of the workers. Cuts in staff and pensions.but would they care? Money is good but I would not sign the new contract. Total exploitation. Good for asda not staff. To the previous poster. Why should you get different treatment cause your black?. My manager takes the mickey regardless. Grow up and stop moaning.
Pros
Money
Cons
Overworked
Amazing team to work with
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire9 September 2018
The team at Asda which were based in Boston, Lincolnshire were an amazing team to work with. They were understanding and very thorough when giving me a walk through of the shelf stacking and the warehouse colleague.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lonely
Nice workplace
Pharmacy Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Liverpool8 September 2018
Good colleagues. Lovely family feel. Not much support from management. Often left without managerial support at busy and late times.Equipment old and often useless.
Pros
Discount card.
Poor to staff.
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth8 September 2018
Poor to staff.
Don't try to help at all.
People's manager far from people's person.
Quit within 4 months.
If only the customers knew how poorly the staff were treated.
Generally Good Workplace
Kiosk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire8 September 2018
ASDA has a great friendly atmosphere to work in, and 90% of the customers are lovely and friendly too. The wages are fair, the break times are brilliant compared to other employers. The staff are well praised and rewarded for delivering excellent customer service. It’s generally a fun, happy place to work. The only downside for me is the terms and conditions associated with the new contract. I wouldn’t have accepted that if I had been made aware of the T&C’s at my job offer.
Pros
Staff Discount, Regular Breaks
Cons
The New Contract T&C’s !!
Flexible and Reliable workplace
(Huntly/Garthdee) - Self Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen8 September 2018
Asda was a very effective parttime job for me whilst I was studying for my university degree, now that I have graduated I am able to work flexibly there whilst working on solo projects.
General Assistant (xmas temp) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead7 September 2018
Fun place to work especially in a busy period such as Christmas. Enjoyable place to be as the staff are friendly and management are easy to talk to if needed.
Pick your targets and don't talk.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dartford6 September 2018
Work hard like machine, pickng tonnes a day. Do overtime and weekends and management will be happy. Don't do what they say or don't question them or you'll get in trouble. Very easy to get disciplined if you have your own opinion.
Pros
Paid lunches and good salary
Cons
Work like a robot and don't ask questions.
A great place to get your foot in the door
Fresh Colleague (Current Employee) –  Preston5 September 2018
It was okay for a student but most staff are unhappy. ASDA is nt an ideal job to settle for. IF you are not the push over type you will be fine in this working environment, if you are the push over type this place will build some character.
Pros
Once the shift is done, its done!
Cons
Hard work
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk5 September 2018
Very friendly staff, fun place to work.
Nice environment, useful tools around me to get the tasks done professionally, always got lots of praise when a job was successfully done, always got given help when asked
Pros
Friendly stuff
excellent
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury5 September 2018
best job experience i had excellent team to work with no extra stress you just go and do your job wonderful support from the staff never had any issues miss my store
Good staff.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  England3 September 2018
Good work/life balance, plenty of work/overtime readily available. Great people to work with. Is not a job for the easy going people of our society. Enjoyed my time here.
Just Don't
Grocery Colleague (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 September 2018
Iv worked night now for over 3 years at my local asda supercentre, we are constantly understaffed their are 2-3 people in per night sometime only 1 that are unlucky enough to be called 'service team'. They have start and finish before and after the main night crew start to drag in the entire stores delivery often with a faulty pump truck. Then in the morning clean up after everyone who just couldn't be asked, my night managers main job is to spend 10+ hours down the toilet roll isle everynight whilst everyone slacks cause they dont care as they leave at 6, "the 7 oclockers can finish that" is a common phase. If thing dont improve before christmas they can have my 2 seconds notice.
Cons
Back damaging, Rubbish managment, Soul crushing
Good student job
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tain3 September 2018
Fun and friendly working environment with passionate staff. Never a dull day in the office, however can be very busy at times. Always extra hours available and try to give shift to suit the needs of each individual person.
Very Poor Managment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bideford, Devon2 September 2018
Jobs here are Basically for uni students, OAP or young adults just left school. (TEMPs). its not a job where you want to be there most your life..

Management Very Poor, example....manager says you can not work on that department because your not trained up...…..few weeks after same manager said can you work on that same department please to help them out ?!?!?!?!?

Best part of job is helping customers and having a chat with them

.Wage and bonuses are not to bad

Time schedule's are least 2-4 hours a day ( basiclly when they need you in )

I have learnt asda is not good what I thought it would be with the training and helping employees when they need help with low number of staff and pressure …

and its a Fast turn over of staff
Productive and fast paced environment
Point of Sale Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire2 September 2018
My duties were repetitive in nature but I did enjoy my role within the company. I felt a sense of pride in what I achieved during my time working for the company and the management was fair and provided me the support when I needed it.

Working on the shop floor allowed me to assist customers and I took great satisfaction when I could help them and ensure they left feeling they received a great service.
Steady Work in a fast paced environment
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire1 September 2018
Work is varied and opportunities are available for those who wish to progress. Can be challenging and testing at times but rewarding for those who thrive in retail business.
Pros
discount cards
Cons
weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K