ASDA Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Shelf Filler (Former Employee) –  Bedhampton, Hampshire20 September 2018
Was able to meet new people and have fun while carrying out experiences.
people there are friendly, management are friendly too have a chat with when you need to let them know when something is wrong.
Part Time
Shop Floor Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longbenton20 September 2018
Cash handling at the tills, general face to face customer service, serving customers through the checkouts. Working various hours and various days, mostly weekends.
Pros
busy
Cons
Part Time only
Bad Management from top downwards
Colleague (Former Employee) –  Northwestern London, Greater London20 September 2018
Stay away from this company. The management let the company down big time. Good staff plenty of laughs but like I said the management are no good at their job. The good workers get tormented. Constantly harassed to pick up the pace whilst they let the GOBBY works talk in the aisle. The hard workers have to pick up the slack of the lazy staff and management to make them look good at the end of the day.
Pros
Cons
Where do i start/
When I worked here it was a lovely little job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford, Cheshire19 September 2018
Good colleagues to work with. Friendly and busy atmosphere with work benefits including a discount card. The downside is working all bank holidays,weekends Christmas, New year etc.
Pros
colleage discount card.
Cons
Part time usually only option.
Good working for asda
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland19 September 2018
Serving customers , stocking up . I learned to respect the customers and never argued with them .management was fair . The most enjoyable part was seeing and chatting serving different people customer care goes a long way .
Pros
Cons
No long hours
not good
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe18 September 2018
worked 11 years for this place and it is not good. , horrible managers, head office like bullies as Managers. In the end decided to leave . important years of life wasted .
Fun but at times overwhelming
George Colleague (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 September 2018
Loved my colleagues, plenty of opportunity for career progression, salary was quite good. Biggest draw back was being dragged into other departments of the store a lot of the time. And as for communication I guess like most work places it could have been better.
Pros
Fun section leader and colleagues
Cons
1 person expected to do 3 jobs at once
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 September 2018
Really good job, I enjoyed it here, I always kept busy and everyone was so friendly and positive .i would Give anything to go back there as I felt welcome
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers17 September 2018
Management are fair, opportunity for extra hours if needed. Good work environment.

Mixture of different people contribute to a fun, educational work environment. There's always something to be done.
full of opportunities
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 September 2018
This was a type of place to work where working hours flexible; I learned to be more independent and take on challenges where others would consider. A typical day involved me working independently and within a team at certain times to complete tasks around the store, some days it would be challenging and i would have to organize myself into getting prepared and completing my duties.

The culture of the job role was very eventful, for example meeting many different customers on a day to day basis and helping and supporting them throughout their experience through the store.

As for the management at the workplace it was very formal and everything was notified to every member of staff before any changes where to happen. To be honest the hardest part of the job was not having the chance to move up the ladder and try to reach an higher position as sometimes my attributes where not notified and praised. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the change of new knowledge and working within a fun environment which never stayed the same.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Staff
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Belvedere15 September 2018
Use to be a good company but now too many managers and everything is done on a budget. Example no canteen at night time even at stores.
Far too many weekend working in rotas
Pros
Cons
Lots of weekend working
Work here if you want your soul crushed
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 September 2018
Have had 5 managers in 3 years over 2 stores and only one hasn’t been any good. Staff are like schoolkids, it’s full of cliques and if your face doesn’t fit then you’re on your own in all senses of the word
Asda?....run away folks!
Home Shopping Picker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire12 September 2018
Poor management, lack of communication. Expect far too much for the pittance of pay they give you. Promises given to you never appear. Contract 6 is a farce and only applies to suit the company. Union there but does very little for the worker.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
poor management
A Hard place to work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Torfaen12 September 2018
Very short staffed, few multi-trained colleagues to help and support most areas. As with all places there is favouritism. Overtime is available and better if you can become multi-trained.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Stressful
Fun experience
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 September 2018
I enjoyed working in Asda as I like to be around people and help people.i like having a responsibility just like my responsibilities at Asda we’re controlkibg how much stock needs putting out this makes me feel like I am being useful and doing a good job .
Pros
Not on your own everyone’s a team
Cons
Same thing all day everyday
Fun workplace
Asda Colleague (Current Employee) –  Newport10 September 2018
Used to really enjoy my job such a fun place to work but due to all the recent changes there lately the moral is not the same..pros of the job are the people you work with lovely people,but the cons are the changes thats made the job so different
Pros
On my doorstep
Cons
Hours not suitable
Not so bad
Worker ant (Current Employee) –  Scotland Haven, Highland10 September 2018
Like any job it can be boring and you are expected to do more with fewer people. If only customers realised that your cheap food is at the expense of the workers. Cuts in staff and pensions.but would they care? Money is good but I would not sign the new contract. Total exploitation. Good for asda not staff. To the previous poster. Why should you get different treatment cause your black?. My manager takes the mickey regardless. Grow up and stop moaning.
Pros
Money
Cons
Overworked
Amazing team to work with
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire9 September 2018
The team at Asda which were based in Boston, Lincolnshire were an amazing team to work with. They were understanding and very thorough when giving me a walk through of the shelf stacking and the warehouse colleague.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lonely
Nice workplace
Pharmacy Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Liverpool8 September 2018
Good colleagues. Lovely family feel. Not much support from management. Often left without managerial support at busy and late times.Equipment old and often useless.
Pros
Discount card.
Poor to staff.
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth8 September 2018
Poor to staff.
Don't try to help at all.
People's manager far from people's person.
Quit within 4 months.
If only the customers knew how poorly the staff were treated.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K