ASDA Employee Reviews

Fun work place
My previous role was store assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 February 2018
ASDA,

I thoroughly enjoyed my time, i was allowed to progress quickly within the bushiness. I also loved working with my colleagues as we all worked as a team to completed all daily tasks.
Just go for it
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 February 2018
Dont let good or bad reviews cloud your judgement. As with any job there are processes. With this particular job you learn these processes. There are pros and cons with any job. Tip avoid drama and do the best you can, at the end of the day it is a job.

The warehouse can be a dangerous place and repetitive motion can be a strain on the body and morals. And yes there is a headset that tells you what to do. For every system there are checks and balances. And you as a worker can naviagate these duties whilst mitigating the damage of careless injuries by following protocols provided. People working together can accomplish much.

The pay is excellent, the rates (for the most part) are achievable. You dont get hounded for this unless you are continually unproductive. Anyone says that as a blanket statement are not being honest.
Pros
Pay excellent, benefits great
Cons
Repetitive tasks and motion
nightshift temp
Asda Colleague (Former Employee) –  Cannock7 February 2018
worked over xmas was busy no real training just expected to know, was offered 3 nights per week ended up 6 nights per week and rang at 9.20 pm to ask if you would cover other staff
fun pace to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire7 February 2018
Assisted customers in person;
- Put customers first, giving it my all and keeping a friendly face while being rushed off my
feet;
- Worked closely together as one big team;
- Offered advice to customers, cash handling, stock taking and merchandising goods on
the shop floor; and
- Covered for staff in other departments in order to ensure that the business ran
smoothly.
Pros
free gift cards
Cons
Used to be a good place to work!
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire7 February 2018
Asda used to be a good place to work flexible and family friendly.
Over the past 18 years since I have worked there, the whole ethos of the company has changed, Now hours are not constant and a contract means nothing I have lost count in recent years of my hours being changed/cut and departments changed all 'for the needs of the business'. If you want a part time job of 15 hours of less its ok, full time hours are slowly becoming impossible unless you want to work anti social hours. Management is becoming younger and inexperienced and as disillusioned as the rest of us. Wages are working wage, new starters can look forward to the new flex contract for a extra 60P a hour. For that you get no paid breaks, no extra for working bank holidays and your hours changed at 2 week notice (or less!) There is no reward for the numbers of years you work there your paid exactly the same as a new starter,or less.....its your choice (apparently). Its such a shame as it used to be a good place to work, now the only thing I will miss when I eventually escape are the friendly colleagues, all trying to make the best of a bad situation
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Pay/Flex Contract/constantly changing rota
a business in decline
Fresh Replenishment and Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Teesside County Borough, North Yorkshire6 February 2018
A company that is gradually moving away from its core values, continuously sutting costs at the expense of the customer experience and morale of its employees.
Happy collegues, always helpful.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Shipley6 February 2018
I have been working at Asda for a very long time, and in all my years of experience a typical day for me was, doing an 8 hour shift working on checkouts, serving customers, helping them pack their shopping, filling the gap with a chat and ending with a friendly parting comment.
I learn't that having excellent customer service skills was a key part of the organisations work ethics, and this is what I learn't working at Asda along with many other things such as: dealing with difficult customers, problem solving, supervising and first aid. Management was organised in a structured manner, they were in close contact with several supervisors including me to go on shop floor to help them with: looking after different departments, making sure all collegues were carrying out their duties and that they were given their breaks etc. The culture was that of a warm and friendly nature, everybody was happy and had a smile on their face. Having a drunk customer verbally abuse you is never a nice thing and for me personally I found that a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was to bring joy and happiness to customers after serving them
Pros
delicious food in the cafeteria, good customers, friendly collegues.
Cons
drunk and angry customers.
Meh
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Despite the money been good, the working conditions and what they expected you to do was completely not achievable.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Terrible Managers
Great company
Store facilities manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 February 2018
Great company great benefits and great business ethics the way the company was structured was years ahead off its time training and company policy was paramount and communication was a key value off the business
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours bt normal
Great for Part time whilst studying
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City5 February 2018
This is a great job for students looking to earn money whilst studying. Would not recommend pursuing this as a career path. I learned applicable customer service skills.
night staff
Night Staff (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex5 February 2018
just not my thing it got me through college financially and that is all it was for me did not get on with the way things were run as i said not my thing
Cons
have to be there for three months to get the pros of working there
multi-skilled shop floor assistant /stoker.
multi-skilleds hop floor worker (Former Employee) –  Huyton with Roby, Merseyside5 February 2018
excellent company to work for most of the time,
hard work but very rewarding learned everything that there is to know on the different sections of the job
grocery dept
frozen food dept
entertainment dept
home accessories dept etc.
Easter, Christmas etc.
Meeting lots of people and the team working ethic.
Pros
getting to know people whilst learning lots of new skills
Cons
sometimes long hours
A great place to work
Grocery Colleague/BWS Colleague (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe5 February 2018
ASDA was a great place to work and it offers many benefits to its staff members, I felt like I was part of a team and that as an individual I was treated with respect and my opinion was valued.
Pros
lots of colleague benefits
Busy and constant
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom5 February 2018
Busy running multiple counters
No management help
Colleagues were fantastic
Had to be organised constantly
Learn about the products sold
Very busy department with constant customer service
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Holidays/weekends off
Too many cut backs
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City5 February 2018
I loved working here when I first started and appreciate everything Asda has taught me but as the years passed and more cut back it became extremely difficult to keep up with the workload and no one takes responsibility
Pros
Staff
Fun and entertaining
Phone Shop Expert/Sales Man (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 February 2018
Working in Asda Phone Shop gave me a very valuable live lesson, new sales skills that I've acquired are a big help in my social life and easily transferable to any new upcoming job.
great starting point in life
Asda Colleague (Current Employee) –  Stafford5 February 2018
great opportunities for young people who are looking for a job with equal opportunity. Great staff members make everyone feel welcome and always look to help and guide people into making one positive mentality for the customers to see. great start point in my career to make me the person I am today.
Pros
salery, oppertunity
Cons
work load, not enough hours
Eh, okay i guess
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford5 February 2018
ASDA was my first ever job and I was looking forward to it until my first couple of shifts, I never got that much training, the other workers were really quite rude and nobody really cared.
My line manager kept asking me if he could take me home when I only lived a walking distance from the store..
Ok place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton Abbot5 February 2018
Used to really enjoy going to work but things change ways of working change.
Putting stock on the shelves there used to be a few colleagues working along side you but as people leave they don’t get replaced, and you are expected and stretched to do more.
Structures change within management not always for the best.
Pros
Early start
Cons
Not respected for your job.
Overall it's bad
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, Lancashire5 February 2018
Stay within the parameters of your own department and you will be fine. No one outside of your dep't is interested in getting to no you
No one listens
Pros
Cons
check askmid!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K