ASDA Employee Reviews

Found 5,498 reviews matching the search See all 5,650 reviews
Great team to work with.
Shop Floor Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North East7 January 2019
Fun going flexible. Customer focused.
Team work is an essential when working here, do not try to do it on your own it will not work, very helpful colleagues with a can do attitude.
Pros
flexible hours
Authoritarian and bureaucratic culture
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme7 January 2019
A battle every day, massive divide between management and staff, poor working relations, you have to fight for everything. Don't follow company ethics.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Poor working environment
Nice workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Swanley4 January 2019
Great environment to work in. Excellent management and supervisory personnel. Enjoyed the interaction with staff and customers visiting the ASDA super store.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Hourly pay was not very good
Fun and Welcoming
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 January 2019
Being a student alongside working Part time at Asda, it is a great place to work, very friendly and diverse members of the team. I know exactly what I’m doing from start to finish and never left twiddling my thumbs.
Pros
Discounts, Multiple breaks as long as work is done
Cons
Xmas period
Unhelpful management very nice colleagues
Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halesowen3 January 2019
since the beginning the management was extremely unhelpful and unbothered all they wanted to get the work done thats it. they use cheap tactics and blackmail u to give u extra shifts and always cry about the expenses. They kept on threatening me to sack me when i was on a sick leave for my operation. Finally i got so depressed that i left the job and now they are sending me letters to recover the holiday money they paid. THE HOLIDAY WHICH I NEVER TOOK CAUSE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL!!!
Pros
discount card
Cons
long hrs, worst contracts, unhelpful management
Loved it to start with. Used and abused.
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlaston3 January 2019
Under staffed and over worked.
Management are lazy.
you are expected to carry out tasks unsafe or without training.

Colleges are friendly.

Expect to be lied to.
Friendly Workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shirley2 January 2019
Whilst working at ASDA I have gained a lot of new friends and experiences. When I joined nearly two years ago I was not expecting to get along with the majority of the staff there because of the age gaps. But everybody welcomed me with open arms, and not just on my department of the store but everywhere else. One of the main benefits of working there was that I received a 10% discount card which I could use on anything in the store, ranging from the cafe to household items. The management are always quite stern but it is understandable because it was their job to make sure the store was running to the best of its ability. The hardest part about the job is probably getting up in the morning to start my shift! I work for 8 hours and begin my shift at 6:00am and during this shift I am in charge of putting out the newspapers of a morning and replenishment of stock on the Home and Leisure department.
Pros
Discounted lunches/items
Cons
Working early mornings
Great workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancing2 January 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Asda I made some lovely friends and loved working in a customer based environment! It had its challenges but then what job doesn’t and if I am honest I do like a challenge!
Terrible
Point of sale (Former Employee) –  Bolton31 December 2018
Terrible job very unsupportive and a shambles of a company. i worked there for a long time and they expect you to work extremely long hours and still be in a good mood.
Fun place
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford31 December 2018
We deliver productive ,make it a safe and friendly place to work, we always say thank you for a job well done and send star points, and give the right training
Pros
When we have had amazing sores
Cons
Nights it’s very long hours
Fun and friendly but challenging
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 December 2018
this is the ideal company to work for if you like your targets to be laid out for you, and a friendly atmosphere to work in. however, be warned, due to the sheer volume of custom this company receives daily be prepared to work until exhaustion. this is a VERY demanding company to work for physically
Pros
Everyone is in the same boat so are all friendly
Cons
pay does not match effort required to earn it
Great First Job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly30 December 2018
Lovely people to work with, friendly environment, job variation, good management, career progressive, staff benefits, discounts and incentives, flexible hours.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Weekend working and Christmas working
Some will love it some will hate it
Night shift Customer Service/Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham30 December 2018
I loved working here most of the time but didn't like the management and favouritism. Most colleagues were nice to work with however there is "groups"
Starting there it was very tiring but after a few weeks it becomes second nature.
Very busy all the time, management always want more and more out of staff.
picker
Picker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire29 December 2018
picking different items to send them to the right stores. use safety equipment and drive the PPT machines to collect items. wrap the palets and take it to the lory
Home Shopping Picker (Current Employee) –  Gloucester29 December 2018
The hardest part of the job is waking up at 4 in the morning to start work. Friendly environment and you feel part of a team, would reccomend Asda to the younger generation who are looking for their first job.
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
Very early starts
Asda
Sales Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2018
I love to work at Asda good management helpfull team members.Always happy and ready to help everyone.Ifeel very happy .If i will be a meamber of Asda team .
Pros
Cons
24 Hours
Chilled Colleague (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire27 December 2018
Lots to do but the shifts fly by. Everyone is very friendly and everyone helps each other. I enjoy the most putting out stock and the least is tidying.
Pros
Discount, good break hours
Cons
Long shifts
Work
Seasonal Colleague (Current Employee) –  Stafford25 December 2018
LIKED IT.

I liked my time at Asda. For the most, the colleagues were great and full of banter. Pay isn't bad for a youngster, and discount is good. ;)
Great Place to grow
Customer Service Employee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 December 2018
Great job for people who like diversity in their jobs, meeting new people and growing into the reality of day to day work in this modern world. Great for youngsters, or people entering their first job, really breaks you into working with the public with great staff and management for support.
Horrendous company to work for, do nothing but cut hours and expect extra for nothing at minimum wage
Cleaner for City facilities management (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria20 December 2018
Just stay away! The company is bad, but the cleaning manager in store was the only one who cared for you. High turnover of staff as the company didnt care or look after its employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K