ASDA Employee Reviews

Basic job, brings the money in.
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Hailsham, East Sussex1 October 2018
My typical day involves;

Taking charge of the frozen department, i manage back up stock and put out all delivery.

I have to keep the system of stock correct to help with future deliveries.

I've learned how to manage, work and maintain a department on my own.

The hardest part of the job is staying professional when either a colleague or customer have a grievance with you.

The most enjoyable part of work is i'm left on my own to get on with my job.
Pros
Left to do the job.
Cons
Not respected as a colleague
had to drive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hyde Newton1 October 2018
i had to drive to hyde to do the cleaning job at asda was a nightmre some days with all the traffic but managed it id rather do local work it was an ok job but the supervisor was a bit bosy and had quite alot to do but didnt mind that it was just some of the other workers decided to do what they wanted to do and she let them so left to find local work
Pros
i had a friend that worked there
Cons
driving
Poor application process
Na (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire30 September 2018
Went through the online assessment and got invited to a "magic event" which is their name for a group interview.

That went well and I was invited back for a one to one interview and a have a go session, where I would work in the department I'd be working in if I was successful.

I was first told I'd be working in the grocery section however upon arrival I was told I'd be in the bakery and could not have a go due to hygiene laws.

The interview was very strange, I was asked questions but nothing was written down, I was given a quick tour and 20 minutes after arrival, I was out the door.

The interviewer said he'd talk to the boss, and I'd probably hear back that day.

Two days later I'd heard nothing, and so sent an email.

Two more days later they called me.

After jumping through so many hoops I shouldn't have to chase them for the result.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Shocking behaviour.
Home Shopping Picker (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 September 2018
Keeps terrible people working for them because they will pick up shifts at any time. Spoken too like rubbish. Treated like rubbish. Expect the world out of you but won't help you 1 bit.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Everything else.
First week at asda
Nightshift Replenishment (Current Employee) –  North West28 September 2018
First week at asda i do three nights a week i was told on my nightshift if i didn't take overtime i would be sacked i think its disgusting and makes me not wanna go back your just a number to them nothing else
Pros
Pay
Cons
Blackmail into working extra
Driving
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 September 2018
Loading van and delivering to customer making sure its delivered on time, products must be in good condition when delivered.When finneshed you must unload van and make sure it,s ready for next driver
Pros
Hours
Cons
Money
Fun workplace.
Personnel Manager (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London26 September 2018
Lovely Place to work. Have always been given new opportunities to expand my retail knowledge and admire the fact they want colleagues to be multi skilled. This gives you new experiences and skills within a single workplace.
Great place to build a career
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Heston26 September 2018
Asda is a great place to build a career. The values and beliefs carried by the company are true to me and the people they employ have helped me stay focussed and engaged in building my own career and developing myself.
Good team but management seriously lacking
Night Team Member (Former Employee) –  Peterborough26 September 2018
Spent over 10 years there and was offered training and advancement that never happened. Little or no communication from management to the workforce so everyone was on a different page all the time. The colleagues morale is low and being cut to the bear minimum isn't helping as you are still expected to do the same job at the same pace with less people and expected to run around like a blue arsed fly to get everything done.
Pros
Nice team to work with
Cons
Section leaders are not experience enough to take on the role. No communication from management
Smart people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth25 September 2018
Asda IDC best place i have been working with best management. But sadly at time goes they are more and more rushing u to work and from good place is making worst and worst environment to work, Anyway still 100x time better than Tesco.
Pros
paid breaks
ok
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Whitley Bay25 September 2018
ok place to work shifts can be long each day depends on how busy the store was. friendly staff good benefits interacting with customers every day. busy shop
hard working
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Colindale, Greater London23 September 2018
the staff are all friendly and hard working. the managers are all very helpful and help to solve any problems that may arise. A very great environment to work in
fun
Fresh food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend23 September 2018
excellent company, very flexible.
good opportunities.
Good management.
excellent holiday entitlement.
great career progression.
varied work day.
good employer.
Nice place to work
BIBC Collegue (Former Employee) –  Harlow23 September 2018
Alltogether it is a safe sturdy company to work for with some nice bonuses, however the management can be a bit much at times but that is for a select few
Pros
Discount on shopping, pension plan
Cons
Management (at times)
Home Shopping Driver
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 September 2018
Avoid this job, they treat the drivers like siht, cutting hours at the same time as hiring new drivers. Turnover is high because of the gruelling workload and minimum pay.
You have to ask yourself why are there always so many asda driver jobs being advertised??..its because nobody wants to work there.
There is plenty of overtime available because as I said before nobody appreciates working as a slave for minimum wage.
Pros
discount card
Cons
Sunday working for no premium
Friendly
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  London21 September 2018
The store where I work is a friendly place and fun place to work.
Everyone from the Store manager down will always say good morning and ask how you are.
All the collegues get to now each other over time and there is always an event going on which we can get involved in.
Enjoyable and good staff
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset21 September 2018
For the week that i spent at ASDA for my work experience I can say the staff were polite and hard working and were willing to help anyone that needed it.
Staff great
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swinton, Greater Manchester21 September 2018
If your older than 30 I wouldn't bother had a couple of interviews with older people always the younger ones who don't want work gets the jobs.airs only people who been there a while are a bit older forget experience you have they don't look at that .after talking to some of the staff they said they started all younger ones and most of them led after a month.
Pros
Getting a interview
Cons
Ve young
fun workplace
Shelf Filler (Former Employee) –  Bedhampton, Hampshire20 September 2018
Was able to meet new people and have fun while carrying out experiences.
people there are friendly, management are friendly too have a chat with when you need to let them know when something is wrong.
Part Time
Shop Floor Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longbenton20 September 2018
Cash handling at the tills, general face to face customer service, serving customers through the checkouts. Working various hours and various days, mostly weekends.
Pros
busy
Cons
Part Time only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K