ASDA Employee Reviews

Very uncertain at the minute.
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerset17 February 2018
So many business restructures going on.
Everyone walking on egg shells
No job security anymore.
Struggle to get full time hours.
The colleagues generally are great.
Pros
Good staff, staff discount
Cons
No job security anymore
not bad
ACE (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent17 February 2018
its not a bad company overall lots of staff very busy place some people in higher roles will look down on you or some get a power trip but that's anywhere you go idiots happen.
Amazing company
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran16 February 2018
I worked here while i lived in South Wales,. The staff there were always friendly and helpful to everyone. As an employee I felt valued, like i was part of a family. I was a bakery assistant and loved that position.
typical supermarket
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  england16 February 2018
money was awful for the amount of hours i worked. never had a social life because of the hours i had to work. the only good thing about working here was i could fit it in with my education.
A good place to work
Reatail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton16 February 2018
Its not a bad place to work, has many company benefits
pension
colleague discount
law club
Flexible hours
work as a team
fast paced

Management are easy to talk to there if you need them
Retail
Diary management (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2018
Stocking shelves, loading trucks, reducing items and providing customer service. A honest days work for most but can be very boring depending on area within business.
Pros
Discount on shopping
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun workplace that pushed you to be better.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 February 2018
In this job I learned how to be calmer, and deal with difficult situations.

The workplace culture was very good, all the staff and management were friendly.

The most rewarding part of the job was helping customers and making their day easier.
bad
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 February 2018
it is not fun to work for, management is unstructured. It is useful for a part time job but i would not dream of staying there for a prolonged period in a career manner.
Team
Home Shopping Picker (Current Employee) –  Scotland15 February 2018
Working within a large team. Engaging with customers. Speaking to somebody new every day. Helping customers find what they are looking for. Being part of the sharesave plan.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Wages
Friendly management
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London15 February 2018
Enjoying working with the Company.One of the best company to improve your skills.Learn so many things about retail and still learning.respect each other and work like a family.

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
GM Colleague (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester15 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at asda the staff was very friendly and my managers was very accommodating with my personal life regarding hours, the pay was just above average with the national standard with good yearly bonuses depending on how the store performed
Pros
Nice environment, Good work hours
Cons
Very long hours at certain time of the year
productive wprk place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester15 February 2018
Ok place to work management are ok hours a random so not good if u have children as you don't know when u are working till the day before so im looking for a job to suit my lifestyle more
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Terrible place for bullies
Home Shopper/delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Huyton, Merseyside15 February 2018
I worked in Huyton and got bullied until I left. I got bullied because the old staff think you are taking hours away from them. The worse thing was that the home shopping manager knows and lets it happen.
Pros
I loved the job
Cons
Full of bullies
management is a joke
Counters Colleague (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City14 February 2018
I am currently working as a counters colleague in ASDA. The shifts are good, but the management is so unprofessional and unreliable. Colleagues can become best friends. The work is hard, always on your feet.
Hard work
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire14 February 2018
I had to clean the bakery area as well as the shop floor. I also operated a buffing machinused to operate a mobile cleaning machine to clean the whole car park.
busy workplace
Retail Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Boldon14 February 2018
Used to be a fun place to work, now it's all about hitting targets and saving wages. Colleagues are nice and friendly, always willing to help. Management are 50/50 depending who you work for.
Pros
Discount card, can progress if you choose to
Cons
everthing is a rush job and not enough people to do it
Poor company to work for
HRSS Advisor/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire13 February 2018
Poor management
No work life balance
No support from management
Worked hard with no rewards
Learnt to keep my opinions to myself
All about politics/money
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
Bad management, no work life balance
As a shunter had to work with different departments. Challenging but enjoyable .
Lorry Driver Class 1 and shunter (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire13 February 2018
As a lorry driver had to make sure safety was one of my priorities and to deliver on time. Part of the job was to drive to stores and load/unload . As a shunter had to do my best for goods out to put the trailers on time on the bay. Hardest part of the job was the weather conditions as (rain,snow,or wind). Enjoyed the day to day banter with the drivers as working at 1 place for so long with the same people you become part of the family, close friendship .
Pros
10% discount was part of working for the company .
Cons
Long hours some times was a bit tiring .
Great team, shame the management is appalling
Fresh Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 February 2018
The store started off really well, good moral, great teamwork and fab management, they’ve gradually all left and have been replaced by ones who couldn’t care less! The fresh manager is unsupportive, unfriendly and expects the impossible. The store manager is patronising and dismissive. Low moral within the store now and unfortunately getting worse due to cuts.
Pros
The Asda name
Cons
Management, no thanks given
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Night shift replenisher (Current Employee) –  Petth13 February 2018
There is no typical night at work. Every night is different depending on what is required. Sometimes it may be filling shelves and the next night may be setting up a promotion. I am constantly learning on the job of how to do things better and more efficiently. It is a very enjoyable place to work and both the colleagues and managers are a great part of this. The job is always hardwork as it is very physical however as everyone is always happy and positive it is also very rewarding.
Pros
Happy, positive colleagues, good pension, share save, staff discount
Cons
Night shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K