ASDA Employee Reviews

Boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oadby, Leicestershire5 August 2018
Did work experience at Asda and i regretted it very much. None of the staff enjoyed their job and would complain about the manager 24/7. Hardly get any breaks.
Pros
20min break
General Worklife
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Ayr5 August 2018
The benefit payout scheme is good, if you have the funds to put into it. There is overtime available, but usually the same people get the overtime hours before you have a chance. The company used to be family orientated, but with changes and management cut downs, the atmosphere went downhill.
Steer well clear
Service crew home shopping (Former Employee) –  Barking, Greater London5 August 2018
I started as a driver delivering home shopping. Knocked that on the head after a couple of days. Never enough time to complete the deliveries and very stressful.Became part of the service crew instead. loading vehicles, click and collect and putting items back on shelf that had been rejected. I'm 54 but fairly fit. Hard work but I enjoy a challenge and enjoyed the work. Pay wasn't great but I'm in a position where I don't have dependents anymore and mortgage free. Middle management were a nightmare always pushing for more effort because of understaffing issues.I was on the NEW contract that takes an hours pay if you work a nine hour shift. Never ever got an hours break..lucky to get 15 minutes. Middle management were always on my case to do more. I worked hard when I was there. Lost half a stone in weight from my efforts, which was one of the only advantages to working there. Worked with some really good colleagues and made some good friends. To summarise, poor management are never going to keep good staff.
Pros
Worked alongside some good colleagues
Cons
Wages. Management. Overworked. Unpaid breaktimes that one never gets.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swanley, Kent5 August 2018
Working nights in warehouse getting stock ready for shop floor staff to fill shelf’s over night keep warehouse clean and tidy and go and get pallets back
Pros
Cons
12 hours
Friendly
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby5 August 2018
I have worked here nearly 13 years and it is like my family
Management are on approachable they are flexible with hours when needed making life a lot easier
Fast paced driven by targets
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 August 2018
Fast paced work driven by pick targets. You are required to pick and pack customers shopping with a very high degree of accuracy using hand held scanners.
good job- wages not great
ASDA delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle4 August 2018
I enjoyed working for ASDA and enjoyed the driving and dealing with members of the public. I would deliver to local and rural areas which was something I enjoyed.
The wage was minimal and I felt the rate of pay should have been slightly increased. There was always chance for overtime if I wanted this which was always good.
Very good to work.
Pros
being out and about
Cons
wages
Typical supermarket workplace
Home Shopping Picker (Current Employee) –  Dunstable4 August 2018
A typical day at work just involves coming in and being pushed to do more than is physically possible during your shift.

Management in some stores leaves a lot to be desired.

Workplace culture is to cut as many hours as possible and push existing colleagues to do more work than they physically can.

The hardest part of the job has to be watching stores that once used to be great, go downhill because of staff cuts.
Avoid at all cost
Dot Com Picker (Former Employee) –  ASDA LYME DALE WAREHOUSE3 August 2018
They will sell you this job like no other and make it sound to good to be true. The pay is good on nights £12:50PH but that soon becomes old. They make up policy and tell you to only go to the toilets on your breaks which is nonsense. The management do not and will not care about you and never will they see only one thing which is a number and they will bully you and deploy all kinds of nasty tactics if you fall short. I have seen staff member's crying because of the brutal, sadistic, inhuman, ruthless, spiteful, depraved, mind set of the management. Talking is NOT allowed and i mean NOT allowed and is frowned upon to the highest degree. You will find management hiding in clothing lanes spying on team members to catch them talking even at the printer waiting to get work sheets or just in passing. They will pull your scrips and nail you to the cross on your so called "downtime" regardless of how small it is unless you have noted down the reason for your few minutes of not clicking that gun they will write you up and into the file it goes. If you are even 1 minute late off your break be ready to face the wrath of a miss conduct write up even if you went to the toilet after which is your human right they DO NOT CARE. I would rather take less pay and be treated like a human and be happy then to work for this kind of establishment where it beats the people down to fit of depression and suppression where you are deprived of the basic of human interaction and people work in FEAR of talking to the unions and other staff members for FEAR of loosing there job. They will also give you  more... a temporary contract for 12 months and when we all went into ASDA warehouse we soon realised the people 12 months before use were all leaving because they did not honour the contract or agreement and will extend it over and over so you will not get to be a "REAL" ASDA employee. the main reason is that you are the new agency workers and they can treat you anyway they want and because you have not been there for 2+ years you cant take them to a tribunal for there barbaric behaviour. there is more but i think you get the picture. WORK HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK!  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but pay
Fun workplace
Groceries delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield3 August 2018
Good company to work while I studying. Managers are nice and flexible on Rota and dealing with problems . Lot of benefits from a big company . Because of a lot drivers working, you often can swap a shift with them .
Pros
lot of benefits, not big but fairly good
Cons
not I can think of
Friendly Team
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon2 August 2018
Friendly Team to work with. Varied work each night and fitted in well with my family life. Good chance of promotion if you wanted to progress within the company.
It's a job.
Checkout operator, Greeter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 August 2018
You become apart of customers lives, they think they know you because they are in there every single day. The majority of customers are nice then there are others who aren't nice.
fun
Porter collected trolleys (Former Employee) –  edinburgh the jewel1 August 2018
it was alright company to work for good laugh with everyone I worked with . trained in different departments the hardest part off the job is working in hot weather with the uniform most enjoyable part of the job is everyone you meet
Very poor employers
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville1 August 2018
No suitable training given, bullying from managers to junior staff goes unchallenged despite complaining they then found reason to dismiss me, very unfair despite very clean working record
People are easy to get along with.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Belvedere1 August 2018
Manger tought me too cook certain foods and helped me do home bakes, workers there are friendly and easy to speak to. Hardest part of the job is learning how to use the till because got to work at a quick pace to serve the customers.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Productive and good work environment
Member of the Home Team (Former Employee) –  Penryn1 August 2018
The team that I worked with whilst at ASDA where a helpfully and on the whole productive team that allowed me to complete my task at a fast rate and then more in to help customers further.
Asda Colleague (Former Employee) –  Queensferry31 July 2018
Friendly work environment . Was a nice job. I regret leaving. I would go back if the opportunity where to arise . I left because i found night shifts tiring
Pros
Friendy work environment
Cons
Was expected to work new years eve
Great team.
Bsker (Current Employee) –  Barnstapke31 July 2018
I love the team I work with.They help make the early mornings more bearable as we start at 5am. The job can be fun but also stressful at times. It is very hard keeping up with demand.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very early starts
Management useless. Lincoln.
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire31 July 2018
Terrible staff shortage. Need to load your own van even though your not supposed to. New manager is useless. Poor wage. ~Heavy lifting. Traffic a nightmare. No breaks. Schedule times all over. Sat navs that dont work or charge in vans. No sim cards inside handset to call customers, or 999 if had accident. Dirty vans inside and out. Overloaded vans. Dangerous job with poor pay.
Pros
Nil
Cons
All a con.
Good place to work.
Seasonal Checkout Collegue (Current Employee) –  Rhyl30 July 2018
You pick up skills very quickly from the help of your colleagues, it may be a busy day or period that you work but everyone is understanding and tries to help the best they can.
Pros
Team working skills, checkout skills, communication skills, till operating skills.
Cons
Long hours, aching from sitting/standing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K