ASDA Pay & Benefits reviews

not good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire15 October 2018
did not give me enough hours
didn't have a router for when I had to be in work and did not get told when I was wanted in I had to do most of the work that other people was suppose to do. got under paid when I got my wages.
Cons
no hours under paid
Colleague loyalty
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 October 2018
Good for colleagues. Poor for managers. Unrealistic expectation of workload, no work life balance. High number of long serving colleagues due to wages and benefits.
Pros
Colleague loyalty
Cons
No Asda loyalty
dead end job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers10 October 2018
low pay, have to work all bank holidays, management don't know how to do their job, short staffed all the time, expected to do the job of 3 people, avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
having to work all bank holidays
Good place to work with friendly colleagues
Part-time, seasonal checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Hayle9 October 2018
ASDA is a great place to work with friendly staff and good management. Pay is not great (just above minimum wage), but work is easy. Hours are flexible and it is easy to get the holiday you want.
Generally a good place
Checkouts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shipley7 October 2018
Great place to work generally, friendly staff that usually stick together and very patient when training staff.

Usually plenty of overtime depending on the area you work in.

Never a dull moment
Pros
great benefits and friendly staff
Cons
can be very challenging at times
not a bad job
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 October 2018
it is what it is really you deliver shopping to customers from a distribution centre. decent people, pay is ok only £8.50 and no overtime rate but it is all clearly said to you during the interview. Good hours and good staff would go back if i needed to/.
Pros
left alone
Cons
bit of a late finish
Need to be flexible
section leader (Current Employee) –  stockton4 October 2018
great place to work, must be flexible plenty of benefits, skills taught in store, plenty of room for progression, 10% discount for yourself and a family member
Pros
discount
Cons
fully flexible
ok
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Whitley Bay25 September 2018
ok place to work shifts can be long each day depends on how busy the store was. friendly staff good benefits interacting with customers every day. busy shop
Nice place to work
BIBC Collegue (Former Employee) –  Harlow23 September 2018
Alltogether it is a safe sturdy company to work for with some nice bonuses, however the management can be a bit much at times but that is for a select few
Pros
Discount on shopping, pension plan
Cons
Management (at times)
Home Shopping Driver
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 September 2018
Avoid this job, they treat the drivers like siht, cutting hours at the same time as hiring new drivers. Turnover is high because of the gruelling workload and minimum pay.
You have to ask yourself why are there always so many asda driver jobs being advertised??..its because nobody wants to work there.
There is plenty of overtime available because as I said before nobody appreciates working as a slave for minimum wage.
Pros
discount card
Cons
Sunday working for no premium

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
When I worked here it was a lovely little job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford, Cheshire19 September 2018
Good colleagues to work with. Friendly and busy atmosphere with work benefits including a discount card. The downside is working all bank holidays,weekends Christmas, New year etc.
Pros
colleage discount card.
Cons
Part time usually only option.
Fun but at times overwhelming
George Colleague (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 September 2018
Loved my colleagues, plenty of opportunity for career progression, salary was quite good. Biggest draw back was being dragged into other departments of the store a lot of the time. And as for communication I guess like most work places it could have been better.
Pros
Fun section leader and colleagues
Cons
1 person expected to do 3 jobs at once
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers17 September 2018
Management are fair, opportunity for extra hours if needed. Good work environment.

Mixture of different people contribute to a fun, educational work environment. There's always something to be done.
full of opportunities
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 September 2018
This was a type of place to work where working hours flexible; I learned to be more independent and take on challenges where others would consider. A typical day involved me working independently and within a team at certain times to complete tasks around the store, some days it would be challenging and i would have to organize myself into getting prepared and completing my duties.

The culture of the job role was very eventful, for example meeting many different customers on a day to day basis and helping and supporting them throughout their experience through the store.

As for the management at the workplace it was very formal and everything was notified to every member of staff before any changes where to happen. To be honest the hardest part of the job was not having the chance to move up the ladder and try to reach an higher position as sometimes my attributes where not notified and praised. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the change of new knowledge and working within a fun environment which never stayed the same.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Staff
A Hard place to work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Torfaen12 September 2018
Very short staffed, few multi-trained colleagues to help and support most areas. As with all places there is favouritism. Overtime is available and better if you can become multi-trained.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Stressful
Not so bad
Worker ant (Current Employee) –  Scotland Haven, Highland10 September 2018
Like any job it can be boring and you are expected to do more with fewer people. If only customers realised that your cheap food is at the expense of the workers. Cuts in staff and pensions.but would they care? Money is good but I would not sign the new contract. Total exploitation. Good for asda not staff. To the previous poster. Why should you get different treatment cause your black?. My manager takes the mickey regardless. Grow up and stop moaning.
Pros
Money
Cons
Overworked
Generally Good Workplace
Kiosk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire8 September 2018
ASDA has a great friendly atmosphere to work in, and 90% of the customers are lovely and friendly too. The wages are fair, the break times are brilliant compared to other employers. The staff are well praised and rewarded for delivering excellent customer service. It’s generally a fun, happy place to work. The only downside for me is the terms and conditions associated with the new contract. I wouldn’t have accepted that if I had been made aware of the T&C’s at my job offer.
Pros
Staff Discount, Regular Breaks
Cons
The New Contract T&C’s !!
Pick your targets and don't talk.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dartford6 September 2018
Work hard like machine, pickng tonnes a day. Do overtime and weekends and management will be happy. Don't do what they say or don't question them or you'll get in trouble. Very easy to get disciplined if you have your own opinion.
Pros
Paid lunches and good salary
Cons
Work like a robot and don't ask questions.
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk5 September 2018
Very friendly staff, fun place to work.
Nice environment, useful tools around me to get the tasks done professionally, always got lots of praise when a job was successfully done, always got given help when asked
Pros
Friendly stuff
Pays the bills...
Store Colleague (Former Employee) –  North East29 August 2018
I used to love my job at asda but slowly things changed as new management came in and my personal circumstances changed. management and section leaders dont seem like they are bothered about their staffs welfare. a lot of the time the store is over on wages so to save on costs you are asked a lot to go home early or feeling pressured into leaving early even if you dont want to. always short staffed so your having to do the job of maybe 2 or 3 people for £7 odd an hour.
Pros
Salary, discount card and other discount benefits.
Cons
poor management, always over on hours, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K