ASDA Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,220 reviews matching the search See all 5,670 reviews
productive and fun workplace
Customer service desk (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 January 2019
great atmosphere
great colleagues
good company
good bonus
decent wage
location was good my travel
enjoyed the overall experience especially working with the public
Pros
bonus
Cons
targets
enjoyable to work there management look after staff
shop floor colleague (Current Employee) –  Cannock21 January 2019
Enjoyed my time there, hard work but I feel employees are not valued. Most of the staff were welcoming. The staff work very hard. I liked the flexibility with hours but the insecurity of being seasonal as and when needed. Not good for someone who lives on there own who has no other income to rely on.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
seasonal contract no fixed hours
Good to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 January 2019
Good company to work for, great benefits, a lot of laughs, regular customers make the place fun, great work mates, different opportunities around the business
Excellent
Checkout Service Host/ Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 January 2019
Asda is a great place to work at it has alot of benefits and the hours are flexible to suite your needs. There is alot to learn from working in different departments where you get the chance to expand your experience.
Pros
Fun place
money
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancashire11 January 2019
it pays the bills and feeds my kids, its local to me and has free parking. theres also a bus service that takes you practically to the door. good location.
Unhelpful management very nice colleagues
Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halesowen3 January 2019
since the beginning the management was extremely unhelpful and unbothered all they wanted to get the work done thats it. they use cheap tactics and blackmail u to give u extra shifts and always cry about the expenses. They kept on threatening me to sack me when i was on a sick leave for my operation. Finally i got so depressed that i left the job and now they are sending me letters to recover the holiday money they paid. THE HOLIDAY WHICH I NEVER TOOK CAUSE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL!!!
Pros
discount card
Cons
long hrs, worst contracts, unhelpful management
Friendly Workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shirley2 January 2019
Whilst working at ASDA I have gained a lot of new friends and experiences. When I joined nearly two years ago I was not expecting to get along with the majority of the staff there because of the age gaps. But everybody welcomed me with open arms, and not just on my department of the store but everywhere else. One of the main benefits of working there was that I received a 10% discount card which I could use on anything in the store, ranging from the cafe to household items. The management are always quite stern but it is understandable because it was their job to make sure the store was running to the best of its ability. The hardest part about the job is probably getting up in the morning to start my shift! I work for 8 hours and begin my shift at 6:00am and during this shift I am in charge of putting out the newspapers of a morning and replenishment of stock on the Home and Leisure department.
Pros
Discounted lunches/items
Cons
Working early mornings
Terrible
Point of sale (Former Employee) –  Bolton31 December 2018
Terrible job very unsupportive and a shambles of a company. i worked there for a long time and they expect you to work extremely long hours and still be in a good mood.
Great First Job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly30 December 2018
Lovely people to work with, friendly environment, job variation, good management, career progressive, staff benefits, discounts and incentives, flexible hours.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Weekend working and Christmas working
Chilled Colleague (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire27 December 2018
Lots to do but the shifts fly by. Everyone is very friendly and everyone helps each other. I enjoy the most putting out stock and the least is tidying.
Pros
Discount, good break hours
Cons
Long shifts

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
Work
Seasonal Colleague (Current Employee) –  Stafford25 December 2018
LIKED IT.

I liked my time at Asda. For the most, the colleagues were great and full of banter. Pay isn't bad for a youngster, and discount is good. ;)
Great place
Section leader (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire11 December 2018
Lots of opportunity to progress if you wish to do so, lots of management support. Great bonus' of discount card and double discount events throughout the year
working as robots
Night Time Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes, UK10 December 2018
Night shift colleagues normally start at 10pm and are supposed to finish at 6am.. however that is not the case. In fact we normally finish at 8 or 9 am (until the task is finished).
They treat you like a robot as you are often dealing with heavy loads and alot of work in such a short amount of time; which makes you wonder how much work day shift do as night staff do everything.

The pay is good and the discount is okay however it isn't worth the stress and ill treatment.
Management are very ungrateful and believe that your life revolves around ASDA, they have a lot of pressure.
Pros
free tea, discount, good pay
Cons
long shifts, rude management, lack of appreciation
Terrible company but good pay
Night Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Asda9 December 2018
I started working night shift in asda around 6 months ago and currently only do two shifts.

The pay is great especially for young people.

However the company and management is terrible. They dont care about the colleagues or how much work you have to do during your shift, they tell you to Finnish your delivery by a certain time that they get given called a case rate which has never been accurate in my experience. Usually you can finish your delivery in a night easily and even go on to help others. But sometimes deliveries are too large and just not possible to finish or you get really bad spliter palettes that are given to you near the end of your shift. One of my managers in particular dosent take this into consideration and is often quite rude when you take longer to do something even when it's out of your own control.

I've noticed the day shift management dont pass on information to night management and often can cause problems and confusion and it's just not really good enough. It can sometimes cause problems to your shift as some people call in sick and night management has no idea or your on holiday and they didn't know and this could result in you being disciplined for not turning up to work but in reality its their mistakes. I remember one of my managers thought I had quit but I was only on holiday.

When I first started management phoned me a few times to see if I could come in on a certain night for overtime however I said no each time and they never get phone calls any more. I'm sure if I was to ask if I could do some overtime they would give me some anyway.
  more...

At the end of the day its Asda its a rubbish job and it shows in the people that run it and the state of the stores the only good thing about the place is pay and benifts. Such as 10% off all year and 20% off for about a week a couple times of the year.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Poorly managed, bad communications
Customer Trading Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset5 December 2018
Whilst working in management in Asda can be very demanding and difficult at times, you work within a team to achieve your store and personal targets and goals.

It is essentially what you make it, it can be stressful and it can be demanding, however if you plan and execute your plans and review on a regular basis you will achieve your results.
Pros
Team Environment
Cons
Long Hours - Weekend Working
fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire30 November 2018
very nice staff a good environment to work in. it has been very fun and competitive I loved working there it it is the best job ever.i would want to go back again.
Pros
free lunch
Not to bad
Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Wallington, Surrey27 November 2018
Not to bad sometimes it got tiring become you are always working only got couple hours rest, you would always have to do overtime wheather that’s covering someone’s shift of got to stay later because manager has asked you stay longer because lack of staff.
Pros
Discount
Okay company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sedgley18 November 2018
Management are really helpful and will try and meet your needs and requirements. Staff are friendly and you feel like part of a team. Benefits are okay especially the double discount days.
Pros
discount card
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough18 November 2018
Added is a good company to work for. Job progression is there if you want it. Flexible hours, free uniform . Staff canteen. If the checkouts are quiet you will be asked to help in other departments.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
N/a
Good place to gain experience but not a worthwhile career.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Leonards-on-Sea15 November 2018
Good for part time work if you are studying, however, would not recommend as a career. I believe the company is moved closer and closer towards e-commerce and stores are slowly reducing the amount of staff.
Pros
10% discount all year with some 20% discount days.
Cons
Poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K