ASDA Pay & Benefits reviews

Been working here to long
Night shift grocery assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Management don’t communicate with employees they want u to work faster on less time more work less people to help, cutting hours no overtime, and all you get is a 10% discount card
Pros
Discount card
Cons
You don’t get a thanks
Very uncertain at the minute.
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerset17 February 2018
So many business restructures going on.
Everyone walking on egg shells
No job security anymore.
Struggle to get full time hours.
The colleagues generally are great.
Pros
Good staff, staff discount
Cons
No job security anymore
typical supermarket
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  england16 February 2018
money was awful for the amount of hours i worked. never had a social life because of the hours i had to work. the only good thing about working here was i could fit it in with my education.
A good place to work
Reatail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton16 February 2018
Its not a bad place to work, has many company benefits
pension
colleague discount
law club
Flexible hours
work as a team
fast paced

Management are easy to talk to there if you need them
GM Colleague (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester15 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at asda the staff was very friendly and my managers was very accommodating with my personal life regarding hours, the pay was just above average with the national standard with good yearly bonuses depending on how the store performed
Pros
Nice environment, Good work hours
Cons
Very long hours at certain time of the year
productive wprk place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester15 February 2018
Ok place to work management are ok hours a random so not good if u have children as you don't know when u are working till the day before so im looking for a job to suit my lifestyle more
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
A fine company to work for.
General Colleague (Current Employee) –  Strabane9 February 2018
Everyday life in ASDA has its ups and downs but that could be said about any day in any given company. ASDA is extremely helpful for students struggling with finances that can take on a part time job for that bit of extra well needed cash. Young people between 18-21 or 21-25 would normally get paid a lower wage because of age and experience in certain companies but ASDA pays all workers relatively equally. ASDA hires the young and old alike and there recruiting methods are based on equality so it's not just tailored to young people in particular. Overall, you probably won't enjoy it but money is money which makes money good.
Pros
Flexible, reasonable break time
Cons
Can be Exhausting
asda
Customer Service Advisor & sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth9 February 2018
working for asda is a solid secure job.its is not the most stimulating work and there is not a lot of encouragement from management in your work......
Pros
good staff, solid job good benefits
Cons
poor leadership, low morale
Just go for it
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 February 2018
Dont let good or bad reviews cloud your judgement. As with any job there are processes. With this particular job you learn these processes. There are pros and cons with any job. Tip avoid drama and do the best you can, at the end of the day it is a job.

The warehouse can be a dangerous place and repetitive motion can be a strain on the body and morals. And yes there is a headset that tells you what to do. For every system there are checks and balances. And you as a worker can naviagate these duties whilst mitigating the damage of careless injuries by following protocols provided. People working together can accomplish much.

The pay is excellent, the rates (for the most part) are achievable. You dont get hounded for this unless you are continually unproductive. Anyone says that as a blanket statement are not being honest.
Pros
Pay excellent, benefits great
Cons
Repetitive tasks and motion
Used to be a good place to work!
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire7 February 2018
Asda used to be a good place to work flexible and family friendly.
Over the past 18 years since I have worked there, the whole ethos of the company has changed, Now hours are not constant and a contract means nothing I have lost count in recent years of my hours being changed/cut and departments changed all 'for the needs of the business'. If you want a part time job of 15 hours of less its ok, full time hours are slowly becoming impossible unless you want to work anti social hours. Management is becoming younger and inexperienced and as disillusioned as the rest of us. Wages are working wage, new starters can look forward to the new flex contract for a extra 60P a hour. For that you get no paid breaks, no extra for working bank holidays and your hours changed at 2 week notice (or less!) There is no reward for the numbers of years you work there your paid exactly the same as a new starter,or less.....its your choice (apparently). Its such a shame as it used to be a good place to work, now the only thing I will miss when I eventually escape are the friendly colleagues, all trying to make the best of a bad situation
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Pay/Flex Contract/constantly changing rota

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
Meh
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Despite the money been good, the working conditions and what they expected you to do was completely not achievable.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Terrible Managers
Great company
Store facilities manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 February 2018
Great company great benefits and great business ethics the way the company was structured was years ahead off its time training and company policy was paramount and communication was a key value off the business
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours bt normal
multi-skilled shop floor assistant /stoker.
multi-skilleds hop floor worker (Former Employee) –  Huyton with Roby, Merseyside5 February 2018
excellent company to work for most of the time,
hard work but very rewarding learned everything that there is to know on the different sections of the job
grocery dept
frozen food dept
entertainment dept
home accessories dept etc.
Easter, Christmas etc.
Meeting lots of people and the team working ethic.
Pros
getting to know people whilst learning lots of new skills
Cons
sometimes long hours
A great place to work
Grocery Colleague/BWS Colleague (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe5 February 2018
ASDA was a great place to work and it offers many benefits to its staff members, I felt like I was part of a team and that as an individual I was treated with respect and my opinion was valued.
Pros
lots of colleague benefits
Fun too work there and very nice staff
Shelf Stacker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire4 February 2018
I’ve worked there for work experience and I loved it so loveing for a job the hard bit was speaking to customers because I’m shy but willing to change that if I worked full time or nights
Pros
Free lunch
Enjoyable place to work
Till Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset3 February 2018
Only worked as a Christmas temp but throughly enjoyed working there. Easy to work on tills and you meet lots of new people. Very clean and tidy and staff are friendly
Pros
Paid breaks
Hard work
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Corby2 February 2018
Hark working enviroment and challenging at times,very time comsuming and sallary isnt the best for the job and hours you can put into the job at times of year.
Not the Best Company to Work for!
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 February 2018
The management is very poor and confrontational. They did let me have two weeks off unpaid study leave when I had exams that was good of them. The biggest problem I had with Asda is that I was contracted to work 2-10 on a Saturday and management always expected me to work overtime so I would usually do 40 hours a week but they would never give me a bigger contract than 8 hours a week so I couldn't have proper holidays because I would lose a lot of money.
Pros
You're more than a number.
Cons
Poor Management, expect you to do overtime consistently but never give you a fulltime contract!
Enjoyed my time here
ASDA WAL-MART COLLEAGUE (Former Employee) –  WAL-MART SUPER CENTRE ASDA MILTON KEYNES1 February 2018
Great places to work training given on aspects of jobs you do.
Salary could be better
Management need more training on how to deal with colleagues
Brilliant job culture
Pros
Salary needs to higher
Cons
Not enough colleagues to do certain jobs
Bad Management,
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering31 January 2018
I was working for ASDA for 7 years.
It does not matter how long you have been working for them
Asda pays minimum wages £7.50 an hour.
No motivation, no benefits apart from Once a year bonus which is very small. Then Asda kick staff out just before Bonus date to save money.
Every theft, all wastage are taken OUT of our Bonus.
Asda management made mistakes about my break entitlement so I got underpaid for 6 months !!!
Very strict system which takes OUT of your payment if you clock in 1 minute late but Asda does not pay if you finish your work later that contracted sift.
VERY COLD in store, MUSIC is broken most of the time, NO WINDOWS looks more like a PRISON really...
NO one is happy in Asda apart from Management who earns decent salary and carry ZERO responsibility for their mistakes !!
Ordinary workers are just numbers, if you are on long sick note...Asda will make sure they will get rid of you so that Asda do not pay you any MONEY for sickness.
Company strategy is too reduce the amount of employees and make the remain staff work twice as much for MINIMUM wage.
NOT RECOMMENDED.
Pros
Pay bills
Cons
Cold invironment, bad management, very strick rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K