ASDA Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

bad
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 February 2018
it is not fun to work for, management is unstructured. It is useful for a part time job but i would not dream of staying there for a prolonged period in a career manner.
Friendly management
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London15 February 2018
Enjoying working with the Company.One of the best company to improve your skills.Learn so many things about retail and still learning.respect each other and work like a family.
Eh, okay i guess
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford5 February 2018
ASDA was my first ever job and I was looking forward to it until my first couple of shifts, I never got that much training, the other workers were really quite rude and nobody really cared.
My line manager kept asking me if he could take me home when I only lived a walking distance from the store..
Ok place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton Abbot5 February 2018
Used to really enjoy going to work but things change ways of working change.
Putting stock on the shelves there used to be a few colleagues working along side you but as people leave they don’t get replaced, and you are expected and stretched to do more.
Structures change within management not always for the best.
Pros
Early start
Cons
Not respected for your job.
An ok place to work
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinmel bay conwy2 February 2018
Always a new day with differnet things happening, always meeting new peopke but then would get your usual customers , enjoyed meeting new people and new challenges
Pros
Discount card after 12 weeks
Cons
Long and hard days
Not the Best Company to Work for!
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 February 2018
The management is very poor and confrontational. They did let me have two weeks off unpaid study leave when I had exams that was good of them. The biggest problem I had with Asda is that I was contracted to work 2-10 on a Saturday and management always expected me to work overtime so I would usually do 40 hours a week but they would never give me a bigger contract than 8 hours a week so I couldn't have proper holidays because I would lose a lot of money.
Pros
You're more than a number.
Cons
Poor Management, expect you to do overtime consistently but never give you a fulltime contract!
Toxic and frankly vile environment at Wakefield.
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield28 January 2018
Worked with Asda for a while. Ever since I’ve been bullied and disrespected behind my back. Don’t work here if you can help it. It’s a genuine shame they try and promote such a kind and friendly environment. The workers are rude, bullies and straight up toxic. I regret the day I started working here.
Pros
Some decent people.
Cons
Too many.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees22 January 2018
worked days and nights. colleagues were great to work with. a typical day was making sure the shelves were stocked at all times and the shop was clean and tidy.
Lack of understanding of pregnancy.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex21 January 2018
I'd typically be putting stock out, tidying the aisles, and helping customers with any queries. I also had experience on the tills. I learned how to work behind a till with face-to-face customer interaction. From my time at ASDA I don't think their management was up to scratch as they appeared to have no consideration or understanding with regards to my pregnancy. They didn't care about the individual, just the numbers. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my colleagues and customers.
good
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington20 January 2018
good experience in stock handling, tidying, time management. decent pay, management is ok but sometimes things get stressful because of understaffing and other reasons
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blantyre, South Lanarkshire11 January 2018
Loved Asda friendly management great colleagues enjoyed meeting people I worked in several departments within the store security checkouts and bakery all of which I gained different experiences and skills
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
None that I can think of
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands4 January 2018
Always wanting to please the customer and wanting to get the very best out of their staff.
Wages are good on each shift they have got.
Nice and friendly staff.
Pros
Good wages
Hr lady a disgrace at harrogate branch
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire4 January 2018
Went for an interview and was verbally attacked by the hr lady and still waiting a response off the management which I won't get as up each others bottoms
Easy but boring.
Out of hours shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Dock1 January 2018
The job can be very easy, however this means it can also become rather boring. Progressing your way up the ladder is advised and to to try different areas of the job as to have a greater understanding.
very busy in cafe
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester28 December 2017
Cafe is sub contracted by a company called compass who employ a lot of their workers on zero hour contracts.
nearly always short staffed.
You were expected to regularly do overtime
great place to work
Shop Floor Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 December 2017
Worked evenings and nights when my children were young, filled shelves, it was hard work but I enjoyed the challenge. Took part in stock takes and helped out in other ASDA stores
Pros
Conveinent
productive
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundee City11 December 2017
productive day managing time on hot foods, preparing pizza's, chickens and training new employees.

ensuring quality food and quantity readily available
Good
Home Shopping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon4 December 2017
Good to work for help when you need help work as a team and staff are always there to help you have to be happy and friendly to customers at all times
dont bother wasting your time
shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly16 November 2017
dont apply for the blackwood store, not very nice managers the staff is worse and full of bullies, the managers wont do anything about it though because they dont want to look bad.
lazy staff that wont help you, and they not even nice to the customers because they cant be bothered. after 10 years im looking forward to leaving
Enjoyable job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire15 November 2017
I worked at front end with Asda, I enjoyed that I could move from tills to self scan. I also worked a few nightshifts which I enjoyed too. It was close to home too so not much travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K