ASDA Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 430 reviews matching the search See all 5,557 reviews
Enjoyable Workplace most of the time
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omagh, County Tyrone6 November 2018
I enjoy working in Asda because of the work, I enjoy training alongside my colleagues in different departments. I learned lots of new skills as an Asda colleague although it is hard to balance work life and outside life as colleagues that have been there longer seem to get better benefits, although this will never be admitted.
Absolutely Racist Department
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester14 October 2018
Do not consider working in ASDA, They have Racist Managers who Talk to you like you are slave, They have no sense of respect, they shout at you and try to patronize you. They do not reply to your questions and are so rude.
Pros
Racist, Rude
Cons
Rude, Treat you like Animal
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Motherwell13 August 2018
Asda was a great place to work when i first started then they started to change things like the managment structure they made so many managers redundant and brought in section leaders off the shopfloor if u sucked up to the managers u were definitely in there and when they made the managers redundant they got rid of the good ones and kept all the rubbish and the store i worked in had the worst team ever the personnel manager what can a say there was nothing personel about her everyone knew your business anybody that sucked up to her got to sit in personnel all day swinging there feet dont get me wrong there was 1 or 2 that was nice the only thing i could say i enjoyed about it was all the colleagues i worked with they were great
Pros
Cons
Management, wages
shocking managemnet
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire6 August 2018
you do not get enough hours to support the family and housing costs.
a child could manage a shop better. Tesco is a much better firm to work for in this industry
Worked in better places..
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon21 July 2018
Very poor communication, very much a sink or swim attitude to new people, zero support, you a very much just a number, disorganised ( surprisingly and very disappointed ), for such a large company...
Pros
Non
productive busy work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire17 July 2018
I worked for Asda Irvine as a sales assistant doing many tasks for example stock replishment,customer service and cleaning I also dealt with customer enquiries and complaints. I learned to keep the customers best interests in mind.
Pros
made friends with colleques
Great Part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside15 July 2018
Simple work, which could be completed without my studies. was unfortunate that I was unable to carry over my position when I moved away to university.
ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altrincham13 July 2018
If you can work when everyone above you is passing the buck
if you can function when none of your equipment is functioning/available.
if you show the customer a smile when he's shown you 4" of butt crack
if you can keep calm and carry on for hours unless it's not busy then you can go home
if you can take your hols in the third week of Jan/Feb and find your own cover
if you are happy in the freezer and chilled to be chilled on the shop floor
if you can cope with toilets that don't flush and water that isn't hot
then you're welcome to it.
Pros
indoors
Cons
holidays
Strange environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northumberland11 July 2018
None stop. Everyone telling you what you should be doing. Supervisors lack management skills. If you don't engage in banal and vacuous conversation with colleagues you've no chance with this company. Hardest part of job was working with some of these people. Bullying was evident. Not a professional organisation in any sense.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sloppy management
Not very enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 July 2018
Normally, you do the same job day in, day out - making it very boring. All I do is stack shelves on the shop. I have learned that the management have unrealistic expectations and always blame the colleagues when targets aren't met. The targets set mostly require more people to do the job than are available. However, the fellow colleagues on the shop floor are nice.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Management seem not to care for colleagues, unrealistic expectations/targets
Ok, Poor Hours, No progression
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colne, Lancashire5 July 2018
Job is ok however the hours are poor and there is no room for progression, the management are not supportive nor approachable, overall not what i am looking for
I am very reliable person and very hard working. I love developing new skills and being around a good environment. I also enjoy communicating with oth
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire3 July 2018
Working at a shop I've learnt how to cooperate with different cultures and different ages of people, I've also learnt how to manage things at a shop. The most enjoyable part for me is to get to know everyone and also help other people out that come inside the shop and get to know people you work with.
Cons
Short hours
fun, fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln1 July 2018
always a interesting environment, the customers can make or break your day and although quite a lot of how well it is to work in ASDA can vary wildly depending on your management
friendly staff
My job role was a sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 July 2018
The workplace has friendly staff who always make you feel welcomed and there is a good structure to the management of the workplace. However, it can get busy at times especially in the evenings
Pros
positive energy
Cons
unpaid breaks
Good starting job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading30 June 2018
Good job if you to balance other responsibilities in life well. Pay is good and also allows you to progress into higher, better paid, roles. Hours are also very flexible.
not the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 June 2018
got fairly good hours and a decent pay but the bosses at the company treated you badly. Also through my time there they started taking away some of the perks for colleges such as getting hot meals and double time on holidays
A decent first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy11 June 2018
1st job during summer between university years, not terrible! Management were nice enough and friendly, salary was competitive. Sometimes they expected you to work every shift they gave you without asking you first, despite my contract only being 20 hours I was often given 30-35 hour weeks without being asked.
Pros
Double discount weeks
Cons
Often 10 hours shifts, given more than your contract hours without much option to turn shifts down
Forgotten and unappreciated
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Store staff10 June 2018
Management in upper levels tend to forget about the general staff. Supervisors treated harshly too.
Really wouldn't recommend even with the years I worked there.
Constant budget constraints mean being asked to take half day unpaid etc.
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
Asked to take unpaid leave to manage the wages budget
Secure job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees10 June 2018
A secure job that are flexible with people who have children or other commitments. Always had strict policies that they stuck by and looked after the staff to a certain extent.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Was ok for a while
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston6 June 2018
I started at Asda with high hopes of working my way up. I did all the training that was offered and then decided not to move up, mainly due to a very nasty manager who I had to put a formal complaint in about. It was awful after 10 years I had enough of feeling unappreciated and left.
Pros
Paid brakes
Cons
Never being thanked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K