ASDA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 306 reviews matching the search See all 5,666 reviews
When I worked here it was a lovely little job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford, Cheshire19 September 2018
Good colleagues to work with. Friendly and busy atmosphere with work benefits including a discount card. The downside is working all bank holidays,weekends Christmas, New year etc.
Pros
colleage discount card.
Cons
Part time usually only option.
Good
Customer Service/Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle16 July 2018
Good place to work with friendly atmosphere. Flexible hours and central to the town. Good salary and training included. Modern up to date environment with ergonomic furniture.
fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire30 November 2018
very nice staff a good environment to work in. it has been very fun and competitive I loved working there it it is the best job ever.i would want to go back again.
Pros
free lunch
Bullying and Harassment
Customer Service Colleague (Former Employee) –  south wales21 October 2018
Short staffed so your expected to do every other role barr your own. Management are usually kids who are power hungry so are ruthless. The workplace rumour mill is rife and colleagues are so stressed it reflects in customer service. Hardest part of the job was walking in and painting that ridiculous smile on your face. The enjoyable bit is making friends with genuine customers you've helped but have been file noted for cos you're probably taking too long with them.
Massive double standards and ridiculous policies that are outdated.
Pros
Sharesave and poor bonus
Horrendous
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 October 2018
Absolutely disgraceful. As a new starter / trainee everything is so rushed. No proper instruction on how to lift boxes, no proper information given about overtime (they just expect you to turn up when they want) Section leaders are a nightmare to deal with, they complain about work but are never actually in. Contract is not thoroughly explained to you. Overall summary: Back breaking work for peanuts (that's if you actually get paid). Nearly everyone is clique-y and everyone seems to bolt it if you need help. Managers get away with talking to you like horse feces and the more 'experienced' colleagues are even worse! It's a solid no from me.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
dead end job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers10 October 2018
low pay, have to work all bank holidays, management don't know how to do their job, short staffed all the time, expected to do the job of 3 people, avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
having to work all bank holidays
Some will love it some will hate it
Night shift Customer Service/Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham30 December 2018
I loved working here most of the time but didn't like the management and favouritism. Most colleagues were nice to work with however there is "groups"
Starting there it was very tiring but after a few weeks it becomes second nature.
Very busy all the time, management always want more and more out of staff.
Great Place to grow
Customer Service Employee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 December 2018
Great job for people who like diversity in their jobs, meeting new people and growing into the reality of day to day work in this modern world. Great for youngsters, or people entering their first job, really breaks you into working with the public with great staff and management for support.
asda
Customer Service Advisor & sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth9 February 2018
working for asda is a solid secure job.its is not the most stimulating work and there is not a lot of encouragement from management in your work......
Pros
good staff, solid job good benefits
Cons
poor leadership, low morale
Excellent Work Place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire3 October 2017
Great culture, colleagues and benefits. Team spirit, winning hearts and minds makes it. Learning and development is outstanding. A new challenge every day. Logistics is a great place to work, the former and current Logistics VPs are outstanding.

You will have to dedicate yourself and be prepared to sacrifice some work life balance. This business breeds winners and this isn't done by accident. If based at head office parking is difficult.
Pros
Staff discount, share vouchers
Boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oadby, Leicestershire5 August 2018
Did work experience at Asda and i regretted it very much. None of the staff enjoyed their job and would complain about the manager 24/7. Hardly get any breaks.
Pros
20min break
Good place
CUSTOMER SERVICE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 January 2018
Good place to work they have a few benefits they look after staff well organised an professional overall great place I can’t complain they could do with a pay raise
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Poor uniform
Good staff.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  England3 September 2018
Good work/life balance, plenty of work/overtime readily available. Great people to work with. Is not a job for the easy going people of our society. Enjoyed my time here.
Best job I have had so far
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redditch28 June 2018
Colleagues were amazing to work with, however the customer service desk does get really lonely at times (when the store is quiet). Management was 50/50, depending on who it was. Would have been better if Management spent more time on shop floor and could remember your name. The job itself is great if you can keep up with the stress of angry customers, or fast and slow flow of customers.
Pros
Good hours, colleagues, easy job.
Cons
Socially draining
High School
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Morley, West Yorkshire19 August 2018
There's not really much to say about asda call centre in my opinion. It reminds you of high school in some ways. For example you will always have someone that does nothing wrong yet the mangers are constantly warning them. Then you have the ones who can do no wrong. They can come late to work, get kfc on their lunch and be 40 mins late back but no one cares. they can giggle to each other and go on their phones meanwhile the rest of us if were not friends with these people we get treated normally we get punished if were late. we get warned that if we come late back x amount of times from break were gone.

maybe I'm just being cynical but this is how i was made to feel at asda. also if you have anything mentally wrong with you or get down one too many times on shift. They start to ask if your really cut out for asda. even when you say its nothing the customer said it's something a co-worker/ that manger themselves said to you because they didn't take into account your feelings and just said what they wanted.

some of the mangers are really nice and look out for you same with my agency i was with they were very nice about everything as well.
Pros
discount at mcdonalds only the one opposite asda
Cons
High School all over again
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers17 September 2018
Management are fair, opportunity for extra hours if needed. Good work environment.

Mixture of different people contribute to a fun, educational work environment. There's always something to be done.
Fun place to work and get to know your colleagues and community
Customer Service Colleague / Events Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Dagenham3 April 2018
Very busy environment, second largest employer in Dagenham when I was employed. Good career ladder. Sometimes my belief was the managers were not as trained on their departments as they should have been however, I do believe this has changed now
A huge percenttage of the colleagues made friends and supported each other. I am indeed still friends with most of my colleagues and am welcomed into the store when I visit
Hardest part of the job, event organisation, knowing what will please most of the community ie at Christmas or other Big events
Meeting people and supporting my colleagues as Colleague Rep, also going to other stores around the area to learn and get ideas
Pros
10% discount, 20% for one day at Christmas, great camaraderie between colleagues
Cons
Difficult customers and being able to know the right resolution
Variable and interesting role.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llandudno, Conwy27 November 2017
Great place to work. Generous caring employers. Excellent benefits. Enthusiastic staff. Varied role, interesting and exciting. Many options regarding roles. Every day different.
Pros
Great management, interested in staff.
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Lots of varied ages throughout Asda so diverse
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire16 July 2018
Learned safety procedures through regular training. Management are varied some are very helpful and some are not people persons.
Hardest part of the job on your feet all day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The business can change structure and you don't have security in hours, departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K