ASDA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oadby, Leicestershire5 August 2018
Did work experience at Asda and i regretted it very much. None of the staff enjoyed their job and would complain about the manager 24/7. Hardly get any breaks.
Pros
20min break
Postive team work
Front End Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim24 July 2018
Whilst there is often not much room for movement within my own personal branch, the interwork relations are potentially the most positive aspect of the company.
Lots of varied ages throughout Asda so diverse
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire16 July 2018
Learned safety procedures through regular training. Management are varied some are very helpful and some are not people persons.
Hardest part of the job on your feet all day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The business can change structure and you don't have security in hours, departments
Good
Customer Service/Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle16 July 2018
Good place to work with friendly atmosphere. Flexible hours and central to the town. Good salary and training included. Modern up to date environment with ergonomic furniture.
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingshill, UK29 June 2018
I started at asda by working in the chilled section rotating and placing out new stock, but being short found it difficult to get to the higher shelves so switched to checkout section which I loved doing.
Pros
collegue discount card
Cons
not being relieved of duty
Best job I have had so far
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redditch28 June 2018
Colleagues were amazing to work with, however the customer service desk does get really lonely at times (when the store is quiet). Management was 50/50, depending on who it was. Would have been better if Management spent more time on shop floor and could remember your name. The job itself is great if you can keep up with the stress of angry customers, or fast and slow flow of customers.
Pros
Good hours, colleagues, easy job.
Cons
Socially draining
Busy Fast paced retail Environmet
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toryglen23 May 2018
As Customer Service Desk assistant I found myself constantly busy. The volume of returns and exchanges was quite significant. Quality claims were also part of my remit,; providing information for Asda House on the intranet system with regards to products that customers had deemed of irregular quality. Within this role I was also signed up to become one of the Stores first aiders. Which proved interesting, as I was enabled to engage with store users on a further , more intimate, personal level.
In this role I was required to learn some detail of Trading Laws, to recognise those specific to Scotland e.g Alcohol, but also Trading within the United Kingdom.
Homes hopping telephone enquiries also often came through the service desk and these I was required to negotiate whilst also dealing effectively with instore customers.
I was required to provide VAT receipts , issue goodwill vouchers, sort petty cash and to be able to provide colleagues with over ride procedures as and when required.
Management were always supportive when I and to ask them to step in with copmplaints / customer issues. The culture of the store was very customer focussed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a funny , friendly team who really seemed to focus on the same customer first ethos that I did.
Pros
10% store Discount
Cons
Midnight Finishing time
Friendly environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 May 2018
Provide job security and shows interest in developing staff. Listen well takes staffs appraisals seriously. Good customer service and support to elderly.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Can sometimes be neglectful of individual need
Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
Job satisfaction
Sales and Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh16 April 2018
I spent many years working for Asda and enjoyed what I did, I enjoyed being around customers and making sure that they got great customer service.
due to the cuts in hours this put a strain on my life financially and it was sad to say goodbye when I did.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cut to hours
Horrible place to work
Customer Service/Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Oldham5 April 2018
Unless you enjoy being spoken to and treated like dirt, expect to work extra hours without prior notice and are a brown noser and creep, this Company will be perfect for you.
Pros
Local, 10% discount
Cons
Management clueless
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Corby5 April 2018
Management are very helpful and understanding. always busy so never any time to get bored. very friendly staff to be around, always having a joke but also taking work seriously.
Fun place to work and get to know your colleagues and community
Customer Service Colleague / Events Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Dagenham3 April 2018
Very busy environment, second largest employer in Dagenham when I was employed. Good career ladder. Sometimes my belief was the managers were not as trained on their departments as they should have been however, I do believe this has changed now
A huge percenttage of the colleagues made friends and supported each other. I am indeed still friends with most of my colleagues and am welcomed into the store when I visit
Hardest part of the job, event organisation, knowing what will please most of the community ie at Christmas or other Big events
Meeting people and supporting my colleagues as Colleague Rep, also going to other stores around the area to learn and get ideas
Pros
10% discount, 20% for one day at Christmas, great camaraderie between colleagues
Cons
Difficult customers and being able to know the right resolution
Customer Service Assistant/Caterer (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria28 March 2018
Supportive management, great team work. Love the social side and shifts to fit around my home life. All staff support one another and supervisors are excellent.
Productive happy environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire23 March 2018
Plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, happy fast paced environment. Good staff, fair hours, you are valued and respected and treated fairly. Overall a generally great place to work
Over worked
Customer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds20 March 2018
Not fun at all to work at asda anymore, made to do a 3 man job on your own and min night pay. Management will not take feedback and will impose their way even though it is n0t correct. Follow asda policies to suit them but ignore others.
lovely people awful company
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Long Eaton12 March 2018
Its simple really The people i worked with turned into a family but the company itself is awful especially after walmart took it over if you need a quick job then yes but dont make a career out of it.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
stupid management
Good Place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 March 2018
Environment is friendly and fun.
Everyday is different and you are always challenged
Management are very supportive and understanding.
Days can drag in sometimes.
Productive and fun workplace that pushed you to be better.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 February 2018
In this job I learned how to be calmer, and deal with difficult situations.

The workplace culture was very good, all the staff and management were friendly.

The most rewarding part of the job was helping customers and making their day easier.
asda
Customer Service Advisor & sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth9 February 2018
working for asda is a solid secure job.its is not the most stimulating work and there is not a lot of encouragement from management in your work......
Pros
good staff, solid job good benefits
Cons
poor leadership, low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K