ASDA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
Job satisfaction
Sales and Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh16 April 2018
I spent many years working for Asda and enjoyed what I did, I enjoyed being around customers and making sure that they got great customer service.
due to the cuts in hours this put a strain on my life financially and it was sad to say goodbye when I did.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cut to hours
Horrible place to work
Customer Service/Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Oldham5 April 2018
Unless you enjoy being spoken to and treated like dirt, expect to work extra hours without prior notice and are a brown noser and creep, this Company will be perfect for you.
Pros
Local, 10% discount
Cons
Management clueless
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Corby5 April 2018
Management are very helpful and understanding. always busy so never any time to get bored. very friendly staff to be around, always having a joke but also taking work seriously.
Fun place to work and get to know your colleagues and community
Customer Service Colleague / Events Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Dagenham3 April 2018
Very busy environment, second largest employer in Dagenham when I was employed. Good career ladder. Sometimes my belief was the managers were not as trained on their departments as they should have been however, I do believe this has changed now
A huge percenttage of the colleagues made friends and supported each other. I am indeed still friends with most of my colleagues and am welcomed into the store when I visit
Hardest part of the job, event organisation, knowing what will please most of the community ie at Christmas or other Big events
Meeting people and supporting my colleagues as Colleague Rep, also going to other stores around the area to learn and get ideas
Pros
10% discount, 20% for one day at Christmas, great camaraderie between colleagues
Cons
Difficult customers and being able to know the right resolution
Customer Service Assistant/Caterer (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria28 March 2018
Supportive management, great team work. Love the social side and shifts to fit around my home life. All staff support one another and supervisors are excellent.
Productive happy environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire23 March 2018
Plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, happy fast paced environment. Good staff, fair hours, you are valued and respected and treated fairly. Overall a generally great place to work
Over worked
Customer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds20 March 2018
Not fun at all to work at asda anymore, made to do a 3 man job on your own and min night pay. Management will not take feedback and will impose their way even though it is n0t correct. Follow asda policies to suit them but ignore others.
lovely people awful company
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Long Eaton12 March 2018
Its simple really The people i worked with turned into a family but the company itself is awful especially after walmart took it over if you need a quick job then yes but dont make a career out of it.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
stupid management
Good Place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 March 2018
Environment is friendly and fun.
Everyday is different and you are always challenged
Management are very supportive and understanding.
Days can drag in sometimes.
Productive and fun workplace that pushed you to be better.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 February 2018
In this job I learned how to be calmer, and deal with difficult situations.

The workplace culture was very good, all the staff and management were friendly.

The most rewarding part of the job was helping customers and making their day easier.
asda
Customer Service Advisor & sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth9 February 2018
working for asda is a solid secure job.its is not the most stimulating work and there is not a lot of encouragement from management in your work......
Pros
good staff, solid job good benefits
Cons
poor leadership, low morale
Christmas temp
Customer service/checkout assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton4 February 2018
I loved working for asda over the Christmas period. Good house and they made sure you got ur breaks. I worked the checkout and met loads of nice customers. Also the section leaders at checkout asda Hamilton are all amazing and easy to talk if you need help. Also the manger Steven Mckenna is the best boss I've ever had. I would love to go back and work for asda.
So many cons
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside24 January 2018
Definitely a company I would never work for again - should’ve listened when advised not to take up a job offer there!! Management was appalling, store management forcefully changed along with seemingly constant changes from Supervisor upwards. Ever changing workforce, probably because of contracts and how you were expected to work. So many negatives that I’d be writing for a while!!
Pros
10% discount, double discount events
Cons
So many
asda
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne22 January 2018
the company treats some stuff with disregard if your face doesn't fit or you may be different. the work I did was hard and physical at all times. the hardest part of the job I had put garden sets into people's cars.
Pros
i got paid for the work i did
Cons
they don't care about the time things take to do
busy workplace
Checkouts/customer service (Former Employee) –  Kent14 January 2018
Asda is a friendly environment to work in there is always help if you need it and they have a lovely management team, is a very busy store, clean and tidy and everyone always smiling
Favouritism
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire13 January 2018
In the Harrogate store a few people got away with stuff as they had family there ,

Again met some decent lads who will I still say hi to now

Wouldn't apply in hurry , Sainsburys is better company
Pros
Money at time
Good place
CUSTOMER SERVICE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 January 2018
Good place to work they have a few benefits they look after staff well organised an professional overall great place I can’t complain they could do with a pay raise
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Poor uniform
Friendly colleagues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Don, Aberdeen City12 January 2018
I enjoyed working at Asda - I enjoy chatting to and helping customers with their shopping and help them pack their shopping away
I also worked night shift stocking shelves and making sure the shop was tidy for it opening in the morning.
fun and productive workplace
Customer services assistant (Former Employee) –  Downpatrick, County Down6 January 2018
My role within this organisation was customer services assistant. My responsibilities within this role are as followed:

- Record keeping
- Stock management
- Management of complaints
- Till management
- Team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K