ASDA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Ideal first job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent14 October 2018
It was my first job and I guess it was alright. Learnt a few skills here and have continued to carry them through with me. I have used these skills in my future job roles.
Horrendous
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 October 2018
Absolutely disgraceful. As a new starter / trainee everything is so rushed. No proper instruction on how to lift boxes, no proper information given about overtime (they just expect you to turn up when they want) Section leaders are a nightmare to deal with, they complain about work but are never actually in. Contract is not thoroughly explained to you. Overall summary: Back breaking work for peanuts (that's if you actually get paid). Nearly everyone is clique-y and everyone seems to bolt it if you need help. Managers get away with talking to you like horse feces and the more 'experienced' colleagues are even worse! It's a solid no from me.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
dead end job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers10 October 2018
low pay, have to work all bank holidays, management don't know how to do their job, short staffed all the time, expected to do the job of 3 people, avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
having to work all bank holidays
When I worked here it was a lovely little job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford, Cheshire19 September 2018
Good colleagues to work with. Friendly and busy atmosphere with work benefits including a discount card. The downside is working all bank holidays,weekends Christmas, New year etc.
Pros
colleage discount card.
Cons
Part time usually only option.
not good
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe18 September 2018
worked 11 years for this place and it is not good. , horrible managers, head office like bullies as Managers. In the end decided to leave . important years of life wasted .
Work here if you want your soul crushed
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 September 2018
Have had 5 managers in 3 years over 2 stores and only one hasn’t been any good. Staff are like schoolkids, it’s full of cliques and if your face doesn’t fit then you’re on your own in all senses of the word
Good staff.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  England3 September 2018
Good work/life balance, plenty of work/overtime readily available. Great people to work with. Is not a job for the easy going people of our society. Enjoyed my time here.
Work Experience
Retail Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 August 2018
It was amazing getting experience in merchandising, stocking, unloading deliveries, stocking up selves, on the tills as well as self checkouts and socialising with the staff.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Overtime
good and bad
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  feltham22 August 2018
working for asda its a mixed feeling environment. some days are good and others are not, it is also very repetitive so would not be ideal for someone who enjoys change.
High School
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Morley, West Yorkshire19 August 2018
There's not really much to say about asda call centre in my opinion. It reminds you of high school in some ways. For example you will always have someone that does nothing wrong yet the mangers are constantly warning them. Then you have the ones who can do no wrong. They can come late to work, get kfc on their lunch and be 40 mins late back but no one cares. they can giggle to each other and go on their phones meanwhile the rest of us if were not friends with these people we get treated normally we get punished if were late. we get warned that if we come late back x amount of times from break were gone.

maybe I'm just being cynical but this is how i was made to feel at asda. also if you have anything mentally wrong with you or get down one too many times on shift. They start to ask if your really cut out for asda. even when you say its nothing the customer said it's something a co-worker/ that manger themselves said to you because they didn't take into account your feelings and just said what they wanted.

some of the mangers are really nice and look out for you same with my agency i was with they were very nice about everything as well.
Pros
discount at mcdonalds only the one opposite asda
Cons
High School all over again
Customer service job
Customer service assistant & Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 August 2018
Deal with everything - enquiries - refunds, broken items, checking out stock, filling up stock

Asda had two shift for the day staff - early morning - 06.00am-14.00, 10.00 - 20.00.
Then night shift at 22.00pm- 06.00am - this was at a higher pay rate
Pros
Discount card
Boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oadby, Leicestershire5 August 2018
Did work experience at Asda and i regretted it very much. None of the staff enjoyed their job and would complain about the manager 24/7. Hardly get any breaks.
Pros
20min break
Postive team work
Front End Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim24 July 2018
Whilst there is often not much room for movement within my own personal branch, the interwork relations are potentially the most positive aspect of the company.
Lots of varied ages throughout Asda so diverse
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire16 July 2018
Learned safety procedures through regular training. Management are varied some are very helpful and some are not people persons.
Hardest part of the job on your feet all day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The business can change structure and you don't have security in hours, departments
Good
Customer Service/Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle16 July 2018
Good place to work with friendly atmosphere. Flexible hours and central to the town. Good salary and training included. Modern up to date environment with ergonomic furniture.
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingshill, UK29 June 2018
I started at asda by working in the chilled section rotating and placing out new stock, but being short found it difficult to get to the higher shelves so switched to checkout section which I loved doing.
Pros
collegue discount card
Cons
not being relieved of duty
Best job I have had so far
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redditch28 June 2018
Colleagues were amazing to work with, however the customer service desk does get really lonely at times (when the store is quiet). Management was 50/50, depending on who it was. Would have been better if Management spent more time on shop floor and could remember your name. The job itself is great if you can keep up with the stress of angry customers, or fast and slow flow of customers.
Pros
Good hours, colleagues, easy job.
Cons
Socially draining
Busy Fast paced retail Environmet
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toryglen23 May 2018
As Customer Service Desk assistant I found myself constantly busy. The volume of returns and exchanges was quite significant. Quality claims were also part of my remit,; providing information for Asda House on the intranet system with regards to products that customers had deemed of irregular quality. Within this role I was also signed up to become one of the Stores first aiders. Which proved interesting, as I was enabled to engage with store users on a further , more intimate, personal level.
In this role I was required to learn some detail of Trading Laws, to recognise those specific to Scotland e.g Alcohol, but also Trading within the United Kingdom.
Homes hopping telephone enquiries also often came through the service desk and these I was required to negotiate whilst also dealing effectively with instore customers.
I was required to provide VAT receipts , issue goodwill vouchers, sort petty cash and to be able to provide colleagues with over ride procedures as and when required.
Management were always supportive when I and to ask them to step in with copmplaints / customer issues. The culture of the store was very customer focussed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a funny , friendly team who really seemed to focus on the same customer first ethos that I did.
Pros
10% store Discount
Cons
Midnight Finishing time
Friendly environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 May 2018
Provide job security and shows interest in developing staff. Listen well takes staffs appraisals seriously. Good customer service and support to elderly.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Can sometimes be neglectful of individual need
Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K