ASDA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

asda
Customer Service Advisor & sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth9 February 2018
working for asda is a solid secure job.its is not the most stimulating work and there is not a lot of encouragement from management in your work......
Pros
good staff, solid job good benefits
Cons
poor leadership, low morale
Christmas temp
Customer service/checkout assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton4 February 2018
I loved working for asda over the Christmas period. Good house and they made sure you got ur breaks. I worked the checkout and met loads of nice customers. Also the section leaders at checkout asda Hamilton are all amazing and easy to talk if you need help. Also the manger Steven Mckenna is the best boss I've ever had. I would love to go back and work for asda.
So many cons
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside24 January 2018
Definitely a company I would never work for again - should’ve listened when advised not to take up a job offer there!! Management was appalling, store management forcefully changed along with seemingly constant changes from Supervisor upwards. Ever changing workforce, probably because of contracts and how you were expected to work. So many negatives that I’d be writing for a while!!
Pros
10% discount, double discount events
Cons
So many
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne22 January 2018
the company treats some stuff with disregard if your face doesn't fit or you may be different. the work I did was hard and physical at all times. the hardest part of the job I had put garden sets into people's cars.
Pros
i got paid for the work i did
Cons
they don't care about the time things take to do
busy workplace
Checkouts/customer service (Former Employee) –  Kent14 January 2018
Asda is a friendly environment to work in there is always help if you need it and they have a lovely management team, is a very busy store, clean and tidy and everyone always smiling
Favouritism
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire13 January 2018
In the Harrogate store a few people got away with stuff as they had family there ,

Again met some decent lads who will I still say hi to now

Wouldn't apply in hurry , Sainsburys is better company
Pros
Money at time
Good place
CUSTOMER SERVICE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 January 2018
Good place to work they have a few benefits they look after staff well organised an professional overall great place I can’t complain they could do with a pay raise
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Poor uniform
Friendly colleagues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Don, Aberdeen City12 January 2018
I enjoyed working at Asda - I enjoy chatting to and helping customers with their shopping and help them pack their shopping away
I also worked night shift stocking shelves and making sure the shop was tidy for it opening in the morning.
fun and productive workplace
Customer services assistant (Former Employee) –  Downpatrick, County Down6 January 2018
My role within this organisation was customer services assistant. My responsibilities within this role are as followed:

- Record keeping
- Stock management
- Management of complaints
- Till management
- Team work
Nice place to work
Checkout/ Customer Service Assistance (Former Employee) –  Leyton4 January 2018
Colleagues are nice people to work with them. Get help from colleagues when you need it. Example shift swap and cover. Beautiful environment, always clean and ready for work. Checkout manager was extraordinarily helpful and super nice. I learnt he’s left to another shop but his good work will always remain there.
Pros
You get one day pay off
Cons
N/a
Okay workplace
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands4 January 2018
It was an okay place to work as my work experience, it did get a bit repetitive in the end and i did get bored. Some of the staff were rude but some were friendly and kind.
fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  old kent road2 January 2018
I carried out tasks such as stacking shelves and assisting customers whenever they did not know where something was and taking stock in and from the warehouse. I learnt more about the inside job like how things are brought from the factory and sent in large crates ready to be stacked in shelves in Asda.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire19 December 2017
Great if you are you have no family life, difficult getting time off work, pay is not good, a lot of favouritism, store is too small with many issues.
Variable and interesting role.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llandudno, Conwy27 November 2017
Great place to work. Generous caring employers. Excellent benefits. Enthusiastic staff. Varied role, interesting and exciting. Many options regarding roles. Every day different.
Pros
Great management, interested in staff.
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Not a very nice company to work for anymore
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire14 November 2017
Asda has become a place where you only count as a number..there is very low morale..too many changes have occured & made colleagues unhappy...it used to feel like a one big family environment ..but not anymore
Pros
Cons
Unsociable hours
wonderful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
The management is doing a fine job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. i enjoyed my time of work and i learnt allot. i made significant. contributions
Very childish
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset9 November 2017
Many managers are childish and are not professional or responsible for what transpires in their departments.
The attitude that managers are more important and above their colleges even though ASDA claim to be fair to all colleges is disgusting.
The only mildly benefiting experiences I received was the likes of free tea and coffee, however that soon stopped.
Pros
Lunch times
Cons
Productive, fun and safe work place
Stock replenishment / Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Old Kent Road13 October 2017
Manageable work load on a daily bases,learned how to challenge with work load and time management in my work place and in my personal life.
with the change of newly qualified managers with out experience, colleagues get overworked and disappointed.as the company recruits with a different back ground people you learn new things to each other.
The hard time of the job is when seasonal event approaches and the most enjoyable part of the job is, when the workload is completed with the time scale, and when you see a happy face from every one.
Pros
Extra paid holiday leave, a time and half payments and extra colleague discount on accoutions.
Cons
when the job is finished, you clock out early and get paid your contracted hours.
fun place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax6 October 2017
I helped the customers pack their bags ,Take the elderly people round and help them do their shopping for them working as part of a team, The company was good to work for,
Pros
meeting the public
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent Work Place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire3 October 2017
Great culture, colleagues and benefits. Team spirit, winning hearts and minds makes it. Learning and development is outstanding. A new challenge every day. Logistics is a great place to work, the former and current Logistics VPs are outstanding.

You will have to dedicate yourself and be prepared to sacrifice some work life balance. This business breeds winners and this isn't done by accident. If based at head office parking is difficult.
Pros
Staff discount, share vouchers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K