ASDA Employee Reviews for Cashier

lovely and nice
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool1 May 2018
You're given guaranteed hours which is great since then you know exactly how much you're receiving when paid.
Paid monthly so have to be able to organize and spread your money over a few weeks.
Staff were lovely and nice but working on tills is sometimes boring and difficult during peak times, e.g. Christmas.
Pros
nice and easy and nice staff
Cons
bit boring
Customer Service Desk & Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Conwy30 April 2018
Asda is an awesome place to work. The team is made up of family and friends that support and encourage each other. The bonus scheme is a great incentive to raise the level of customer service. Excellent opportunity for management progression.
Pros
friendly work environment, good bonus and discount scheme..
Cons
must work 1 day weekends
Worst management ive ever had.
Cashier,part time,permanent (Former Employee) –  South ruislip25 April 2018
No support once you start.management hardly every there.section leaders always finish early.and if your working late you are in charge of everything.never enough staff.u had 4 customer service tills.sometimes struggling for 1 colleague to be there.tills were dirty and toilets were always dirty as cleaners finished early .That's customer and staff toilets.
Short breaks and always doing overtime.couldnt talk to your colleagues as being told u weren't doung your job if you talked to them .unless it near retirement and need a little part timer with basic wage or a students first job then it is such a let down.
If any other dept needs you they put u anywhere forget what your job role is.
Pros
Nice colleaques, staff discount days.
Cons
Short break.poor managers, no support when during your shift.
Productive workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Leckwith23 April 2018
In Asda i learnt how to met nd greet in the correct mannor, i also learnt how to cash handle and till control, checking thriugg shopping, assisting customers enquiries and helping to bag up their shopping and also keeping my check out area clean and tiday.
The easiest part if the job was cash handling.
Pros
Free lunches
Friendly staff environment
Checkout Operator-seasonal work (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset18 April 2018
There is a good level of support for new staff. Supervisors were happy to help and develop skill sets. The role offered a number of opportunities to learn new skills and undertake a number of roles.
Interesting place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London15 April 2018
A very interesting place to work at, as I have learnt many skills from Asda. for example: keeping up-to-date with time and people, working within a team, handling different personalities within the work place, working under pressure and always keeping a smile on the face as I had the opportunity to work at a check-out operator.

Overall it was a good experience working at Asda.
Enjoyable
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol7 April 2018
Excellent company to work for, i thoroughly enjoyed working there, the only reason i left was because i got offered a job driving minibuses, but would love to do the 2 jobs
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Not enough hours
Workplace
Till Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portadown, County Armagh20 March 2018
Take and handle money from customers, advise them on products. Provide customers with service that keeps them happy and make them want to return to the store.
No social life. No investment in staff and equipment.
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire18 March 2018
It can be an okay place to work if you are not stuck on terrible hours. Never use to mind having to work weekends but I currently work Fridays and Saturdays and that is EVERY week unless I can get a day off which is virtually impossible on a Saturday. My hours are such that I can't do anything socially on those days and my social life has been severely affected. I can appreciate the requirement of working weekends but nobody really wants to work Saturdays and I feel that contracts should allow at least one Saturday off a month which I was promised when I joined Asda but it never happened.

As far as the job is concerned there are the usual challenges. The main one being lack of staff. I work on the checkouts and they have refurbished most of the store apart from the checkouts. The checkouts look like they belong in the stone age and hardly anything works. It is frankly quite embarrassing sometimes.

Communication needs to be more organised in relating important information to checkout operators. The staff are generally nice people to work with, no problems with any of my colleagues.
Pros
Salary, Discount Card
Cons
Set hours
Great team to work with
Checkout Operator/Service Host (Current Employee) –  Queensferry, Flintshire28 February 2018
I really enjoyed my time at ASDA the people I worked with have become some close friends and the enjoyable work environment made going to work not a chore. Gained many skills like time and people management and greatly improved my customer service abilities.

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
Okay i guess
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester19 February 2018
shifts can be long and can also drag, Very boring place however plenty of overtime, Management are okay but don't seem to notice you as much, I however learned good customer service skills
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside12 February 2018
Enjoyable and predictable workload, helped me to develop interpersonal skills and overall confidence in my work. Approachable, helpful and friendly management and a enjoyable workplace culture which whilst sometimes challenging was extremely rewarding.
Pros
Flexible worktimes.
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly and flexible place to work
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Quinton, West Midlands10 February 2018
Asda has wonderful policies on flexible working for families and is very understanding of students requiring study leave or shift swaps around exam season.
Happy collegues, always helpful.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Shipley6 February 2018
I have been working at Asda for a very long time, and in all my years of experience a typical day for me was, doing an 8 hour shift working on checkouts, serving customers, helping them pack their shopping, filling the gap with a chat and ending with a friendly parting comment.
I learn't that having excellent customer service skills was a key part of the organisations work ethics, and this is what I learn't working at Asda along with many other things such as: dealing with difficult customers, problem solving, supervising and first aid. Management was organised in a structured manner, they were in close contact with several supervisors including me to go on shop floor to help them with: looking after different departments, making sure all collegues were carrying out their duties and that they were given their breaks etc. The culture was that of a warm and friendly nature, everybody was happy and had a smile on their face. Having a drunk customer verbally abuse you is never a nice thing and for me personally I found that a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was to bring joy and happiness to customers after serving them
Pros
delicious food in the cafeteria, good customers, friendly collegues.
Cons
drunk and angry customers.
Wonderful manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire29 January 2018
I loved working for Asda was a bit disorganised with shifts.
Any old staff (who was there before it was Asda) got the day shifts and the newer staff only got the later shifts which didn’t seem fair.
Pros
Manager is wonderful
Cons
Disorganised
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Asda, Warrington28 January 2018
Hard work. Long hours.
I learned a lot about shop floor management. Customer services.
Checkout operation. Dealing with difficult customers.
Good workplace culture.
Management was very good.
Pros
I got paid for this job!!!
Cons
My kids were young. Found it difficult to leave them.
Good Environment
Checkout Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Telford25 January 2018
Flexible working hrs.
Built a good communication skills.
Very good management.
Convince & satisfy customer is very big challenge some times.
Good place to work.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
weekend working
A good place to work
Checkout Operator/Car Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen23 January 2018
ASDA is a good work environment with a lot of opportunities for career growth. The culture was very friendly and helpful and the company is very flexible with hours.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
n/a
Decent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 January 2018
Serving customers and operating the cash till

I learned cashing out till checking the money and writing report on daily incidents.

Staff are encouraged to collaborate in team work

Respecting and valuing each and everyone including the customer

To be able to support someone find the right items in store

Hearing in the news that the company has exceeded its target and being part of that team.
Love dealing with the public
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire17 January 2018
I was a checkou operative which I really enjoyed, I have great customer service skills which I love to express. I love working in that atmosphere with a van do attitude
Pros
Customers
Cons
Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K