ASDA Employee Reviews in Manchester

Company already gone to the knackers' Yard.
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 January 2018
Micro-manage everything you do.

Senior Managers manipulate & bully you to their line of thinking. Take no notice of this macho, pre-historic diatribe.

Lack of clarity in thought and mind. Workplace culture is my way or the highway.

Nothing enjoyable about the job. Management would be screwed without the colleagues going the extra mile.

That's why people are leaving them in waves. Aldi will crush them within 5 years guarenteed.
Pros
10% discount.
Cons
Long Hours, Anti-social Management style.
asda workplacement
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 December 2017
the workplacement was alright had ago on different things like george clothing, bread, sweets and milk isles

we had to do a 8 week course on asda aswel to get a certificate
Pros
lunch breaks
Good paid easy job
Job role - Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 November 2017
Working at asda is easy but the job was doing the same thing everyday so it gets boring. The pay rate is good and you get a bonus at the end of the year. Also, you get a discount card for asda.
Best people
Night Shift Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 November 2017
good people, some of the management lack common sense.
good pay, great people, good hours just lack ofan abilthy to shift swap. but good place to work
Pros
people
Cons
lack of common sense
wonderful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
The management is doing a fine job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. i enjoyed my time of work and i learnt allot. i made significant. contributions
different every day
Service Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 October 2017
good place to work really good colleagues and also fun to work there. Lots of interesting people. If just stuck on a checkout then can get a bit boring but I did lots of other jobs and put myself forward to learn things so as I didn't get bored. Sometimes regret leaving this company as quite enjoyed working there
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
some jobs repetitive
friendly invironment
section leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 October 2017
working in a team within a friendly atmosphere is the best thing one can ask for in work as we spend most of our time in the days/nights there.i love what i do and very often satisfied with making another be it customer or colleague smile.
Ok to work for. Fast paced
Replenishment colleague/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 September 2017
Quite good to work. Good salary hard to progress up management tiers after supervisor. Good benefits. Good steady job for someone who isnt concentrating on moving up to manage ment roles
Pros
Good benefit package
Great colleagues
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 September 2017
Was a great place to work for when I first started. All changed over the last 3 years . Ive had contracts on 2 departments while I've been there but I've worked on other departments when needed. All the colleagues are lovely
Pros
Asda discounts
Cons
Promise the earth then stab you in the back.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 August 2017
Supposed to be a company that is family friendly but that's rubbish. At the moment they are introducing a new contract that is OPTIONAL -wrong! You refuse to accept the contract so they reduce your hours in some cases by 40% and say you can make your hours up on uncontracted days!!! How is working 6/7 days to get the hrs u had over 5 days family friendly. The company wants to take take take but want you to be grateful for being treated like a modern day slave. Hideous place to work. Stay well clear.
Pros
Free tea and coffee in vending machine
Cons
Not family friendly, don't treat people with respect and too much nepotism
Poor Management.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 July 2017
They are a company in which if you are intruding on someone's bonus then you will not be given work no matter how hard or long you work for them. DO NOT APPLY.
fun workplace
Stock Replenishment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 July 2017
Happy working for asda good company to work for I was a store assistant working over fifty hrs a week and gained my first aid certificate so i was a first sider. Great work place with lots of overtime I worked on the soft drinks depth and also the alcohol and cigarettes depth they was good to work for
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyable work life
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 June 2017
I enjoyed each day at work. i would come across a diverse group if people, each of them helping me learn new skills or adapt current skills. I also enjoyed the work team as we all had something different we could teach one another and help one another with a variety of tasks.
Pros
Good and flexible work environment
Cons
Varied shift that sometimes was not busy so wouldn't get to interact with many people.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester19 June 2017
Typical day at work for me is replenishing the Beers, Wines and Spirits aisles.
Workplace is generally busy, keeping all staff busy.
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily. (customers)
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a career
hardwork and sometimes enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 June 2017
a typical day at work would consist of serving customers at the tills and working on the customer services desk also cleaning down all the tills, collecting newspapers at the end of each day, putting stock away in the fresh snack foods, and cashing up at the end of each day. I learnt a lot while working at Asda I developed my customer service skills which helped my confidence in trusting my initiative.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
work shiifs and weekends
Good fun place to work
Key Colleague (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 March 2017
Pay isn't great but its a good place to work with lots of friendly staff always a feature of asda stores. Had an enjoyable few years working for this company
Pros
short breaks some of which paid
Cons
no food provided
Not appreciated
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 March 2017
Recently had a meeting about new contracts. Wage is currently £7.44 an hour. (Same as those stacking shelves or pushing a brush around). With new contract it will go up to £8.50. Flexibility is required within the new contract but those in " specialised" jobs ie bakers, pharmacists and drivers won't be expected to work in other departments. As bakers and pharmacists are " specialised" roles they will attract a supplement to the base rate. Drivers, surprisingly aren't mentioned at this point although without them the home shopping operation comes to a standstill. Think we should go on strike to get this resolved.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic targets
Fun place to work
Customer Store Assisant (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 March 2017
Was a real ye opener to the retail industry for me, learnt so much and met some incredible people. One of the best places I've worked at and you can work hours that are flexible to you.
Pros
Work with good staff, understanding management who are there to support you, discount at Asda stores
Cons
Can work a lot of hours.
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 February 2017
was a god experience and helped me with my customer service skills when helping customers and showing them to different products around the store
Pros
lunches
Flexible and Friendly
Seasonal Temp (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 January 2017
Has an ambient and cultural work vibe which brings out the best in all of the employees. The work times are flexible and the canteen food caters to everyone's life style choices.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K