ASDA Employee Reviews in London

Friendly
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  London21 September 2018
The store where I work is a friendly place and fun place to work.
Everyone from the Store manager down will always say good morning and ask how you are.
All the collegues get to now each other over time and there is always an event going on which we can get involved in.
planned and structured but very quite in the department
Optical Department Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2018
Because of the low prices of Asda it is quite difficult to make money for the company. The days can be very long. found it difficult to cope because of traveling to UK every week.
Pros
Highest salary and benefit
Cons
Far from home
A good place to work and to go forward from.
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London5 August 2018
I found this company very good to work for, they give you the chance you need and the training then its up to you. I feel that Asda are a good company who try to do right by their employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management need to be more transparent
Fun
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2018
A good place to work.
Very interesting.
Never the same day every shift.
Always new faces and people per day that makes you feel like you are always on the ball.
efficient and productive
Safety and Legal Process Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 June 2018
very interesting role , very challenging and good work place culture,since working in this role my people skills have imroved significantly , leadership skills have been enchanced and continue to improve. The job requires full commitment every day and this is enjoyable because the tasks can be very challenging.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
fun clean and friendly place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2018
the hardest part of the job is the picking rate if you not fit then maybe this is not the job for you but if you work had there is plenty of skills to learn and progress in you carer
Pros
free lunch
No Development
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Worked for 17 years and nothing to upgrade on my CV,
No Deveploment Budget No Development Plan No Delegation a task
Only work like a horse, The day you got sick then you be dumped, Like a condom after used.
Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2018
Training individuals their job role , meeting deadlines and targets , customer service , impeccable time keeping, map reading skills, delivering goods to distributors and customers
Pros
Discount
Good Company
Checkout Colleague (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2018
I have gained various experiences of customer services and the flexible options are more better than when I first started. Socially, Asda is very much a team. But there is always room for improvements. The training is great at the beginning of your process ..during your work cycle it needs to improve to a higher standard. Innovation is the key for this company the checkouts are out of date and needs to come up to a better standard such as Lidal, Iceland, Tesco....recongise their best colleagues especially within the local stores ...
Pros
Job Opportunities/Training Management
Cons
Checkout Out of Date
Fun workplace
Admin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 March 2018
I enjoyed working in Asda as it was a lively environment. However it was hard waking up at 5 am every morning to make it on time for my shift but it was something i got used to. I worked very closely with the management team and it was good to know how supportive they were when it came to my job. I got the right training which made me proud of the job role i did. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other colleagues, it was a fast paced environment where jobs had to get done in a certain time and we all had to work together to get it done.
Pros
Colleague discount
Cons
Limited cover for shift
Retail
Diary management (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2018
Stocking shelves, loading trucks, reducing items and providing customer service. A honest days work for most but can be very boring depending on area within business.
Pros
Discount on shopping
Cons
Pay
nice workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 February 2018
it was nice to have experience at ASDA, and I enjoyed a lot working in such working environment. The team that I worked with at ASDA was very helpful, and supportive.
Thanks
Varied and fun
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 January 2018
The social element was very fun, even though everyone on the team was different ages and from different backgrounds, we all got along and had a laugh. The work was sometimes repetitive and the breaks were quite short ( on a 9 hour shift you'd get a 15 min and a 30 min break) but there was always something to do so the day went by quickly.
Pros
10% collegue discount
Cons
Short breaks
Decent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 January 2018
Serving customers and operating the cash till

I learned cashing out till checking the money and writing report on daily incidents.

Staff are encouraged to collaborate in team work

Respecting and valuing each and everyone including the customer

To be able to support someone find the right items in store

Hearing in the news that the company has exceeded its target and being part of that team.
Fun workplace
Checkout Colleague (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2017
Understand management. Flexible to individual needs and hours. A chance to develop and step up in to different departments and higher positions. Staff are easy to get along with.
efficiently run and a enjoyable workplace environment
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 December 2017
A normal day at Asda would consists of replenishing stock through out the shift, whilst dealing with customer queries. meeting standards set by a friendly management team. the most difficult part of the job was running a whole department by myself for over a month. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with colleagues and customers.
best workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2017
Amazing people, work is easy and progression is always available for the right people, exceptional training facility for manager and team leaders, would highly rate working here pay is pretty good for retail sector.
Overworked and under-appreciated
Grocery nights assistant (Current Employee) –  London16 November 2017
With every or most retail work staff are overworked but in Asda, it could be a store specific issue but the expectations carried forward by management is under-taught. Processing delivery is hard without sufficient levels of equipment and team members to carry out a successful processing night.
Dejar trabajar con la empresa tan grande
carga y descarga (Former Employee) –  East ham london england14 November 2017
No se que se escribe aqui
Epero mejor sueldo
Mejor horario

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K