ASDA Employee Reviews in London

Fun
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2018
A good place to work.
Very interesting.
Never the same day every shift.
Always new faces and people per day that makes you feel like you are always on the ball.
efficient and productive
Safety and Legal Process Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 June 2018
very interesting role , very challenging and good work place culture,since working in this role my people skills have imroved significantly , leadership skills have been enchanced and continue to improve. The job requires full commitment every day and this is enjoyable because the tasks can be very challenging.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
fun clean and friendly place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2018
the hardest part of the job is the picking rate if you not fit then maybe this is not the job for you but if you work had there is plenty of skills to learn and progress in you carer
Pros
free lunch
No Development
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Worked for 17 years and nothing to upgrade on my CV,
No Deveploment Budget No Development Plan No Delegation a task
Only work like a horse, The day you got sick then you be dumped, Like a condom after used.
Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2018
Training individuals their job role , meeting deadlines and targets , customer service , impeccable time keeping, map reading skills, delivering goods to distributors and customers
Pros
Discount
Good Company
Checkout Colleague (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2018
I have gained various experiences of customer services and the flexible options are more better than when I first started. Socially, Asda is very much a team. But there is always room for improvements. The training is great at the beginning of your process ..during your work cycle it needs to improve to a higher standard. Innovation is the key for this company the checkouts are out of date and needs to come up to a better standard such as Lidal, Iceland, Tesco....recongise their best colleagues especially within the local stores ...
Pros
Job Opportunities/Training Management
Cons
Checkout Out of Date
Admin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 March 2018
I enjoyed working in Asda as it was a lively environment. However it was hard waking up at 5 am every morning to make it on time for my shift but it was something i got used to. I worked very closely with the management team and it was good to know how supportive they were when it came to my job. I got the right training which made me proud of the job role i did. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other colleagues, it was a fast paced environment where jobs had to get done in a certain time and we all had to work together to get it done.
Pros
Colleague discount
Cons
Limited cover for shift
Retail
Diary management (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2018
Stocking shelves, loading trucks, reducing items and providing customer service. A honest days work for most but can be very boring depending on area within business.
Pros
Discount on shopping
Cons
Pay
nice workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 February 2018
it was nice to have experience at ASDA, and I enjoyed a lot working in such working environment. The team that I worked with at ASDA was very helpful, and supportive.
Thanks
Varied and fun
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 January 2018
The social element was very fun, even though everyone on the team was different ages and from different backgrounds, we all got along and had a laugh. The work was sometimes repetitive and the breaks were quite short ( on a 9 hour shift you'd get a 15 min and a 30 min break) but there was always something to do so the day went by quickly.
Pros
10% collegue discount
Cons
Short breaks
Decent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 January 2018
Serving customers and operating the cash till

I learned cashing out till checking the money and writing report on daily incidents.

Staff are encouraged to collaborate in team work

Respecting and valuing each and everyone including the customer

To be able to support someone find the right items in store

Hearing in the news that the company has exceeded its target and being part of that team.
Checkout Colleague (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2017
Understand management. Flexible to individual needs and hours. A chance to develop and step up in to different departments and higher positions. Staff are easy to get along with.
efficiently run and a enjoyable workplace environment
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 December 2017
A normal day at Asda would consists of replenishing stock through out the shift, whilst dealing with customer queries. meeting standards set by a friendly management team. the most difficult part of the job was running a whole department by myself for over a month. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with colleagues and customers.
best workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2017
Amazing people, work is easy and progression is always available for the right people, exceptional training facility for manager and team leaders, would highly rate working here pay is pretty good for retail sector.
Overworked and under-appreciated
Grocery nights assistant (Current Employee) –  London16 November 2017
With every or most retail work staff are overworked but in Asda, it could be a store specific issue but the expectations carried forward by management is under-taught. Processing delivery is hard without sufficient levels of equipment and team members to carry out a successful processing night.
Dejar trabajar con la empresa tan grande
carga y descarga (Former Employee) –  East ham london england14 November 2017
No se que se escribe aqui
Epero mejor sueldo
Mejor horario
Productive, fun and safe work place
Stock replenishment / Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Old Kent Road13 October 2017
Manageable work load on a daily bases,learned how to challenge with work load and time management in my work place and in my personal life.
with the change of newly qualified managers with out experience, colleagues get overworked and disappointed.as the company recruits with a different back ground people you learn new things to each other.
The hard time of the job is when seasonal event approaches and the most enjoyable part of the job is, when the workload is completed with the time scale, and when you see a happy face from every one.
Pros
Extra paid holiday leave, a time and half payments and extra colleague discount on accoutions.
Cons
when the job is finished, you clock out early and get paid your contracted hours.
no trust and unsatisfying
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 September 2017
what not recommend to anyone should never of applied as was treated differently to other workers and felt as if i was being ridiculed over the smallest things that were not my job do.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 August 2017
Everyday is different with new customers. It has been an interesting two years working there, I have made new friends and I am able to work in a group/team well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K