ASDA Employee Reviews in Leeds

A great 3 years at their HO in Leeds
Merchandising Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 May 2018
Has a temporary 6 month Merchandiser, got extensions to nearly 3 years. Loved it and looked forward to going to work every day! Had 6 different but all great bosses who were all very positive and supportive to us 50 year Oldies! Hope to return someday😀
Pros
Flex hours and fun activities - Great Teams & Line Managers
fun workplace
Order Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 May 2018
the workplace was great as the staff were very friendly and chatty which helped the day move faster and the job get done faster, the management were easy to talk to and get along with
Life @ asda
Ex-driver (Current Employee) –  Morley leeds3 April 2018
It was a great place to work up until 3yrs ago then all the cut backs started now the management are under pressure and this gets put onto all the colleagues made to work under pressure constantly drivers get the brunt of all this and they are the forefront for asda the face of asda and the first point of contact for asda the company put these guys and gals under to much pressure to succeed in making deliveries on time when sometimes it is unachievable.
Pros
Colleague's
Cons
Poor pay
Over worked
Customer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds20 March 2018
Not fun at all to work at asda anymore, made to do a 3 man job on your own and min night pay. Management will not take feedback and will impose their way even though it is n0t correct. Follow asda policies to suit them but ignore others.
Demanding but fun
IT Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds17 March 2018
Great place to work but is a very demanding job. Fast paced and ever changing. Good fun and lots of colleague activities. Good culture and environment.
fun workplace
Stock Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 March 2018
There were many benefits I gained, from experience to building skills.
The management was always fair and everyone was treat equally. The hardest part of the job for me was when we was short staffed.
Pros
discount
Cons
eveing shifts
secure job, not much time off, management expect a lot from collegues
ambient collegue (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 February 2018
its a decent job with a decent wage £8.50 per hour but the flexible contract means that you may be required to work on your days off with 3 chances to turn down overtime. you may also be required to cover shifts on other departments on your contracted days off.

the management expect a lot from their colleges underneath them with most stores being understaffed and only just managing to cope with pressure at peak times, this twinned with adding "caps" onto departments meaning that certain departments in store have to cut hours to save money will add more pressure to colleagues.

a typical day at work on my department (Ambient grocery on a 10 hour shift would clude 1 hour of facing up from 12:00-13:00, stock replenishment until 15:00 , another hour of facing up, finish replenishment for 7 then begin picking the stock room until 21:00 then finish at 22:00.

in between helping customers, opperating tills at peak times to avoid queues, this can be quite difficuilt when understaffed, especially when your manager/ section leader is adding to your jobslist.
Pros
20% discount, £8.50 per hour, lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
long hours, pressure
Fun work place
My previous role was store assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 February 2018
ASDA,

I thoroughly enjoyed my time, i was allowed to progress quickly within the bushiness. I also loved working with my colleagues as we all worked as a team to completed all daily tasks.
Fun and entertaining
Phone Shop Expert/Sales Man (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 February 2018
Working in Asda Phone Shop gave me a very valuable live lesson, new sales skills that I've acquired are a big help in my social life and easily transferable to any new upcoming job.
great work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 February 2018
great working place but was not for me as it was just cleaning
learned how to clean the bakery
meeting new people
great hours
helping people with there task
Pros
canteen
Cons
transport
Staff collegues are fun & cheerful
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 January 2018
Asda is a nice company to work for. Good rates of pay & there is room to grow within the company. Friendly staff & a busy environment.
Good holiday pay.
Great prospects.
Good holidays.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
N/a
ge money asda
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  asda leeds13 January 2018
ge money a very good company to work for,i had to sell the asda credit card in the asda stores to the general public.

hardest part of the job was making sure they were not any complaints from the customers.

very good
very good
very god
very good,very good very good very good very good very good
Pros
good comission
Cons
low basic
Good place
CUSTOMER SERVICE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 January 2018
Good place to work they have a few benefits they look after staff well organised an professional overall great place I can’t complain they could do with a pay raise
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Poor uniform
Just a work place now
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
I loved working for asda but the past few years i believe it's not the same place it was to work for. They don't seen bothered about there staff and family life anymore and are cutting back on alot of hours. They still expect the same amount of work from alot less staff
Lively
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 January 2018
Typical day - data analysis and producing reports
Learned advanced Excel skills
Got on well with management
Very friendly culture
Met some friends for life
checkouts
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 January 2018
I worked there for 11 years in various departments but my last four years was on checkouts which was ok but i had to leave because my little girl had started full time school so i needed to change my hrs and they were unable to accommodate. i would work for them again
good place to work pay not so good
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 December 2017
good place to work but if you looking to progress or increase your salary good luck, as this rarely happens.

company is more about who you than what you know.
very good company
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 November 2017
asda was a very good company and in my opinion one of the best places i have worked. There wasnt much room to work my way up the ladder as the had got rid of a lot of section leaders and just wanted team leaders to the job for the same money they was on but with more responsibility.
Working at Asda gives a lot of opportunities
Acceptance Testing (Current Employee) –  Leeds15 November 2017
Asda is a good place to work. People are very nice and the working environment is chilled. Management is overall good. From Asda I have learned how to be professionalist and to take everyday tasks seriously
Understaffed
Counters Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds8 November 2017
Counters are always heavily understaffed which overworks the current people working there. The hours are long hard and can sometimes be very boring when there's nothing to be done. Other times it can go from quiet to extremely busy in under 5 minutes.
Pros
4 weekly pay, high income
Cons
Long hours, overworked, understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K