ASDA Employee Reviews in Glasgow

sales assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 April 2018
arranging stock ensuring filled onto shop floor, assisting customers to best of ability. checking for stock at other locations. Dealing with customers face to face and on telephone. Ensuring department is maintained to a suitable standard and ensuring the warehouse stock has been worked and all items have been fed away to their appropriate area.good team
Pros
good team
Cons
not goood management
Been working here to long
Night shift grocery assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Management don’t communicate with employees they want u to work faster on less time more work less people to help, cutting hours no overtime, and all you get is a 10% discount card
Pros
Discount card
Cons
You don’t get a thanks
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 January 2018
Enjoyable place to work providing you have a good personality and can get on with all types of people as the people working varies in age which is a good balance would have stayed if I could get full time hours.
decent
Chilled Colleague (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 October 2017
i work for asda and i think it ok. to be honest, i am not trained properly and this means i cannot do my work. i am standing around cleaning shelves instead of stocking up etc. I have asked management to be trained but they keep putting it off for some reason. i have been there a year so... yeah!!
fun place to work and very productive
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UK28 September 2017
Arrive at 9am in the morning, then begin taking briefing from the home and leisure department manager on sales and targets etc. For me it was a fun environment to work in and be part of the team. It was very straight forward job working there so there was no "hard Parts" of the tasks I was given, just very repetitive which I actually don't mind.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay was not that great
This has given me more experience in a workplace
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Glasgow19 July 2017
I learned a lot about catering in the first few months of this job and i am still learning everyday whilst working. The managent is superb however soemtimes the hours aent asflexible as i would like. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to meet new people and socialise.
Terrible place to work
Porter (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 July 2017
Management is shambolic and hours and expectations are awful. Pay is minimum living wage which for a 16 year old is better than average. Would not recommend.
Pros
Discount
Asda
Section Leader/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 June 2017
Asda is good to work for, friendly faces everyday. Different challenges almost every minute of the day. Great to work for and good money. Flexible working shifts.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
none really
enjoyable place to work and meet new people
Baker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 June 2017
A typical day at work in Asda would involve me starting at 5am and firing off (baking) that mornings fresh bread and rolls which I had made the previous day and put on re tard (controlled environment chill) while everything would be in the oven I would bring out the frozen products needed for that day. I would then make the remaining bread needed for that day, then I would start production of the products needed for the following day.

I've learned a lot really, how to work as a team, how to work smarter and not harder, I'm not saying it isn't hard work but you don't need to get stressed over the work load.

The management team are all mostly approachable people but like anywhere in life you might get a clash of personalities.

The job in its self isn't that difficult as I've been doing it for 22 years now, I suppose when I first started out I struggled to remember all the recipes and baking times etc..

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the quality of my finished products.
Pros
Lots of friendly people willing to lend a hand if needed
Cons
different shift patterns.
for a young adult <18
Asda Colleague (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 May 2017
kept you busy. lovely customers and staff. I learned how various people needed different types of help, i.e. an elderly customer finding the trolley too heavy to push. I had to assist. I found that helping people was rewarding.
upbeat and fast pace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 May 2017
typical day would start with stock rotation of bread and chill section with every department helping out either. Often followed by a team meeting discussing daily tasks.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long shifts
Good fun, interesting people and sense of camaraderie
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 May 2017
I enjoyed most of my time within Asda and found that the people and sense of community between workers to be worthy of note. The work was generally well ordered and someone was usually on hand to solve any issues, such as staff or stock shortages as well as equipment malfunction. I found the workplace culture to be good fun and when under pressure most would band together, and the nights out were always good fun. Although some shifts could be particularly difficult and busy, most staff and customers were up for a laugh which always made the work a bit easier and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some half baked upper management ideas and a lack of strong management which could lead to problems. I also found in the latter parts of my tenure the staffing was becoming an issue, however this may of changed since my departure. That being said I found Asda to be a generally good employer and the work to be fine, but by far found the people I worked with to be the most enjoyable of working there.
fun and good experience workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 May 2017
it was my first work placement, i really enjoyed the experience and the staff were lovely. mostly did everything warehouse, stock checking, loading and offloading the truck
good job
Shop Floor Assistant/Personnel Clark (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 April 2017
Great pension plan
- 15 minute paid break and a 30 minute dinner break
- Support from colleagues/supervisors regarding difficult customers or situations
- Customers are generally quite happy - I am quite shy and even I found it easy enough to communicate with customers politely

- Good pay for the work
- Exceptionally flexible working hours
Hard working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 April 2017
ASDA has been a great place to work for me where i have learned many skills as well as meeting many nice and friendly people. Asda as been a very enjoyable experience so far for me and i couldn't ask for a better place to work.
easy work
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 February 2017
day to day working easy enough, have flexible working hours. fun work place. need to provide a higher level of customer service.
Not the best place to work
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 January 2017
I wouldn't really recommend working here. It was my first job and I was there for 7 years. I left a couple of months ago and I'm glad I did. It's not a great place to work
Not a Good place to work in.
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow11 November 2016
People were treated like a number, There only to do a job and there was no niceness at all from any of the management. Who ordered members of staff around, like they were in the army.
Overall, No communication from management towards the staff who have to work with them.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Horrible management skill from boses.
Working with the public
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 July 2016
Every day is different , meeting all kind of people , having a wee chat with them , working as a team . The hardest part of the job is working weekends . The most enjoyable part is Christmas time when the shop is very busy and colleagues are singing Christmas songs .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working every weekend
A great place to work
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 July 2016
ASDA surpassed my previous experiences of working in Retail by a wide margin. In this company, I found individuals whom were never afraid to help a new colleague or customer in need.
The staff were friendly, helpful and very capable in their abilities to perform their duties without cutting corners or sacrificing integrity.
The management were also excellent and took into consideration my opinions, circumstances and ambitions by providing me (as much as they could) with hours to suit my needs and several opportunities for advancement within the company and to even gain a degree in Retail had I wished it.
All round, I would recommend ASDA as an excellent place to work, especially if you're looking for a friendly, up-beat atmosphere that is so often missing these days. Hard work is expected by all of the team and this is rewarded in company benefits such as discounts on shopping, the respect of the team and very agreeable holiday procedures that can suit anyone and reward overtime.
Pros
Great people and opportunities
Cons
Itchy and aesthetically questionable uniforms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K