ASDA Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Managers have no clue
Porter/Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 August 2018
The managers have no clue whats going on and don't care about you. All they care about is getting promotions and will use anyone to there. Constantly under staffed and expect the same results and all they go on about is how the wage bill is too expensive. They simply don't have a clue whats going on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers
not the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 June 2018
got fairly good hours and a decent pay but the bosses at the company treated you badly. Also through my time there they started taking away some of the perks for colleges such as getting hot meals and double time on holidays
large well known company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 April 2018
days can vary from busy to quiet, you can learn to do new things on a daily basis and your job can change if your trained in multiple areas. It is a friendly environment
fun workplace
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 March 2018
was a nice working environment, good people, flexible, fast paced, understanding, management was silly though salary and benefits were good, work was easy and not strenuous
collegue
Asda Colleague (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 March 2018
Three shifts a week that paid well and were easy to get into. It was a routine from the first month and not many things changed over the course of my employment. If you are looking to work alongside the rest of your life this is a good pick.
Run away now
Home Shopping colleague (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 February 2018
Wouldn't bother. As former driver at this store I can tell you it's a nightmare there. Hours been slashed to the point where some staff lost 50 hours a month senior managers couldn't care less. Morale is through the floor. They WILL mess your wages up one driver hand been paid correctly for 5 months.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Everything else
Catering Assistant/Cook (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 January 2018
Asda is a wonderful place to work and shop at. It is ambush store yet customer needs are always dealt with. Colleagues and management are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
A good team
Cons
Zero hours contracts
Lack of backing
Section leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 November 2017
managers don't always back their section leaders which undermines their authority and makes managing the department harder than it has to be. don't always get to have your break
Fun
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 October 2017
used to work on the shop-floor and was given specific aisles to stock and keep tidy. was pretty much left to get on with it and as long as the aisles were reasonably stock the management were happy. was working there as part time basis during college.
Pros
fun
Cons
draining
Productive yet unsupportive
Permanent/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 October 2017
Although it is an amazing workplace environment, the managment are unsupportive and completely disregard respext and understanding, overall a good place to start an everlasting career
Pros
Colleagues and customers
Cons
Managment skills
Decent
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 July 2017
Not an interesting place to work for anyone at university and looking to reach a bit higher. The wage is very good however and it pays for University fees.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 July 2017
A happy place and a job I enjoyed. It worked around my family and the colleagues I worked with were very helpful and always available to help if I needed assistance.
Good atmosphere
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 July 2017
The work was laid out and all knew what their tasks for the day were. Learnt a great deal about teamwork and supporting others.

Management wasn't always supportive but took into account personal circumstances when arranging shifts. As there wasn't much scope for progression within the company I chose to move on.

the role was relatively easy and posed no problems except the repetitive movement which caused back pain. The interaction with customers brought a great deal of satisfaction to the role.
Very good
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2017
I really enjoyed my time here and wouldn't of left but nights didn't suit me after i had a baby. I met some lovely staff and think asda are good to work for.
Well balanced employment. Good work environment.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 June 2017
The Really best place to start your working life. Ideally a view to management and step on roles is the best way to achieve your goals. At asda the world's your oyster.
Pros
10 % discount. Flexibility and part time roles. Overtime.
Cons
Minimum wage
Chilled
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 June 2017
Department is always organised and colleagues are hard workers. I learned how to be flexible and to meet targets. I also learned how to work in a team to achieve my goals.
Pros
meet new people
Not my first choice
Chilled Colleague (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 June 2017
I wouldn't choose to work here again, expected to work ridiculously fast with a lot of pressure. Friendly colleagues but reminds you a bit of being at school with the gossip.
Good company
Shop Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK11 May 2017
Asda is a big super market with friendly staff who are willing to help you at any time with your questions also the atmosphere is one to be part of for good
jobs a job
night shift (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 May 2017
this is the worst place you can work i only did this job as i was studying the gsm dont have a clue. questlett store gsm is the worst he never steps on the shop floor
Good working environment
Frozen Colleague (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 May 2017
Not a bad place to work, very helpful colleagues and lots of training offered in various departments.Working in Asda improved my understanding of retail business.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Management not very cooperative and not helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K