ASDA Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Night Shift Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth19 October 2018
Asda is a great place to work with fantastic benefits and chances to further you're career.

I work on the fresh department at night within a small group and we work collectively to get the delivery worked and look presentable for the store to open.
Pros
Holiday entitlement, Hours, Over Time
Cons
Lack of staff, rarely give out full time contracts
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk18 October 2018
I enjoyed working seasonally at ASDA King's Lynn the team I worked with were very efficient and friendly. I learned about team work and customer service primarily as well as being able to develop confidence on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working somewhere where the team members go on and were there to help and support eachother.
Challenging food enviroment.
Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear18 October 2018
Learning new skills, meeting new people, helping with any enquiries, handling food, cleaning and tidying shop floor, receiving good customer feed back.
Pretty decent place to work until you want to move departments.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Stowmarket18 October 2018
Asda was a pretty good place to work for a few months, until you want to move to a new position. Hours are pretty good, wage is good, staff are friendly.
Pros
Other collegues, good wage.
Cons
Management, nore breaks needed.
Fun place
Security /Cctv Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
Detected suspicious activities and watched for criminal acts and rule infractions.
Wrote reports on property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons and unusual occurrences
productive
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire17 October 2018
Good and fun work place, A great bunch of staff who were willing to always go the extra mile for a customer. I learned a lot including cashing up, dealing with new till systems and just learning new things day in and day out.
It's really gone downhill unfortunately in the years since I started.
Grocery Colleague (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 October 2018
Asda was at one time a really good place to work. But unfortunately the work force has been slashed so much it's getting harder to do your job safely. And progression in the company is really hard. If you want to step up without a university degree, it's a long tiresome slog.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
Overbearing management and constant lone working
lovely environment
Checkout Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London16 October 2018
Enjoyed meeting and working with many people from different backgrounds. I achieved many skills and I developed more confidence . I learned that people are different
Pros
bonuses
mixed feelings
click and collect (Former Employee) –  clapham16 October 2018
could be alot more organised and prepared. was a decent place to work with friendly people apart from that was a knightmare. The managers were rude and never really cared about the staff.
good enviroment, with a great atmosphere
night manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff15 October 2018
a good company to work for
great working enviroment
a lot of self developement
responsible for
staff training
security
health and safety
customer service
cash handling
Pros
whole job role
Cons
location. at the time

Want to know more about ASDA?

Ask a question
not good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire15 October 2018
did not give me enough hours
didn't have a router for when I had to be in work and did not get told when I was wanted in I had to do most of the work that other people was suppose to do. got under paid when I got my wages.
Cons
no hours under paid
Ideal first job.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent14 October 2018
It was my first job and I guess it was alright. Learnt a few skills here and have continued to carry them through with me. I have used these skills in my future job roles.
Absolutely Racist Department
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester14 October 2018
Do not consider working in ASDA, They have Racist Managers who Talk to you like you are slave, They have no sense of respect, they shout at you and try to patronize you. They do not reply to your questions and are so rude.
Pros
Racist, Rude
Cons
Rude, Treat you like Animal
Horrendous
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 October 2018
Absolutely disgraceful. As a new starter / trainee everything is so rushed. No proper instruction on how to lift boxes, no proper information given about overtime (they just expect you to turn up when they want) Section leaders are a nightmare to deal with, they complain about work but are never actually in. Contract is not thoroughly explained to you. Overall summary: Back breaking work for peanuts (that's if you actually get paid). Nearly everyone is clique-y and everyone seems to bolt it if you need help. Managers get away with talking to you like horse feces and the more 'experienced' colleagues are even worse! It's a solid no from me.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Good ten morale
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Various11 October 2018
Free lunch break (dependant on hours)
Friendly colleagues with a genuine care for customer servie
Work life balance could be better
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work life balance
Colleague loyalty
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 October 2018
Good for colleagues. Poor for managers. Unrealistic expectation of workload, no work life balance. High number of long serving colleagues due to wages and benefits.
Pros
Colleague loyalty
Cons
No Asda loyalty
great
Till Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pwllheli11 October 2018
was part of the team who opened this store was able to work through all areas of the shop everyone worked as part of a amazing team a chance for advancment if you wish
Pros
great team work
Cons
long hours if you whish
dead end job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers10 October 2018
low pay, have to work all bank holidays, management don't know how to do their job, short staffed all the time, expected to do the job of 3 people, avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
having to work all bank holidays
My Asda Work Exp*
Varies (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom9 October 2018
One of the worst places I ever worked for, I worked there for a year
You get hassled by the line managers to work faster because they get hassled from there managers who in turn get hassled from the Main Boss who gets hassled from the Area Manager who gets hassled from head quarters bosses who get hassled from the share holders...so basically most of the managers are stressed out most of the time & are on edge, as for staff I think they would be happier if they had robots stacking the shelves your nothing but a number to them, In fairness some of the staff were very pleasant but if your face doesnt fit & your not up to speed youl be edged out of the door.
Pros
Friendly Staff (Mostly)
Cons
Were not Robots
Good place to work with friendly colleagues
Part-time, seasonal checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Hayle9 October 2018
ASDA is a great place to work with friendly staff and good management. Pay is not great (just above minimum wage), but work is easy. Hours are flexible and it is easy to get the holiday you want.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K