Here to help
Coronavirus update

ASDA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6,716 reviews
Found 6,716 reviews matching the search
I loved worki g at asda but wanted to try hospitality
I worked at asda in liverpool & blackpool for 12 years in total I enjoy working with the public , and have good , it helps if you are good at working as a team
Friendly workplace
A friendly environment with lots to do, working with different people and building on customer service skills with everyday face-to-face experience with customers. ASDA allows you to feel important and it helps you build on important skills.
Shocking Management
Honestly my experience was terrible! I was a temp and had no training, was given a device and told to go and work. I came in and asked for a job and a week later was just given one with no interview or anything. They didn't make us sign a contract. I received EIGHT phone calls from different colleagues in a week to confirm what shifts I've been doing! You can't get ahold of ANYONE on their phone number which is absolutely irritating. No one seemed to know what they were doing. Once my temp position ended, they decided to underpay me by almost a grand!!!!! And they still can't answer my phone calls! I have had to make many unnecessary journeys into the store only to be told to come back another day! This is becoming very ridiculous!

Honestly the job itself isn't too bad, it's very boring and repetitive (and your eyes hurt by looking at the screen for a long time) but it's really really easy and passes time. But the poor and rude management is definitely not something you would want to get yourself into. I have contacted ACAS about this and if this doesn't get resolved then I am going to be opening an investigation with them on this!
Awful place to work .
Used to be a family friendly company . Has gone down hill dramatically with bad management , bullying culture and victimisation .
Standards vary according to if your face fits !

Close ranks in management to sweep under the carpet bad treatment of colleagues.

Would not recommend as a place to work
Very demanding
Time goes quickly at Asda if you can keep up ! Under staffed to many leaders and not enough staff,,,,
Shifts can change on short notice and nothing you do gets credited,,,,a security guard at Asda is the forgotten ones.
Nice place to work
People are friendly, generally a nice place to work, so long as you get on with your work you are left alone. I can honestly say I love my job and hours are perfect for me.
Not a bad company
Been here nearly 2 years. Good work life balance. Plenty of opportunity to learn in other departments. Management I have found to be approachable and fair.
Good company to work for
At Asda you have to work as a team, the Asda culture is everywhere and the engagement in stores for manager’s and colleagues is excellent and everyone gets involved in regards to instore or out in the community.
Pros
Get to meet lots of different people
Cons
Plenty of everything to do with work plenty of overtime tone/trim
Amazing staff amazing customers(especially at seasonal times
Days are nights(best time getting things done)

Know your product

Management work hard. A
Management- Very understanding and helpful not pushy and try to find a solution if you are struggling with anything.
Great staff too friendly and helpful make you feel comfortable and support you if needed. Everyone works as a team and a great team too.
Poor management skills
I applied for a job as delivery driver 1st interview lasted 3 hours .driving test and interview about job offered 26 hours ,after 8 hours training was out on my own ,after 8 weeks of going out delivering to peoples homes with this coronavirus I was told my job was to load lorries and pick orders this was never mentioned at the two inductions when I went to the manager about this was told if you can’t do this you will have to hand your notice in this is management skills at its best . I did inform him of a medical condition I could not do the job your have to leave .
Team orientated environment
As a student working at asda has been a fantastic opportunity for me in all aspects. The pay is great for someone my age with many few out-goings, colleagues are very friendly, only downfall is customers who can be abusive.
Stable even during a pandemic
The role has been the most stable during the covid-19 pandemic. Working as a team to get the job done. Great atmosphere to work in. I would recommend working for ASDA.
Enjoyable experience
Enjoying the camaraderie within the workforce also with driving a timetable also problem solving with routes and satellite navigation with a handset also working with a rota system
Poor management
Horrible management, didn’t get my break numerous times as I was “too busy” to have one. Had problems with uniform and problems with clock card which both were not fixed.
When I was working at Asda I constantly got phone calls at early hours of the morning asking me to come in to work cos they had no one available. The times I did say no which wasn’t often the manager was not happy and wouldn’t give me any over time.
Fun Workplace
Great Place to work. Fast Working Environmemt for a Driver. Great part about the job is when your out driving you feel like your the boss as you are in control of how your Shift goes.
Driven
You need to have lots of energy. It isn't enough to be focussed on the customer and give a good, pleasant service. Break times are unrealistic.
It isn't enough to be punctual and reliable, you are expected to give more and more, especially at Christmas and on Bank Holidays.
Great!
Cons:
- unsociable hours

Pros:

- management is extremely friendly and helpful

- hourly rate is above the national minimum and is not based on age

- fast-paced environment (no boredom)

- contracted hours
Loved it
Working for asda was great there's so much flexibility and job opportunities. Lovely people who support you and asda are also well accomplished in dealing with disability and are very fair.
Warehouse picker
Absolutely awful. Management aren't the cleverest & if you have a brain they'll hate you. Most of them are like the bad guys from the Hobbit. Work is tedious and unless you're young and fit you will end up injured. If you're involved in an accident asda will lie & threaten to make sure you can't sue them. Some people get easy picks and others get all the hard work. Should be illegal.
Great place to work part-time
I worked at ASDA for a period of 10 months alongside my degree and found it to be a very supportive environment, with managers and team leaders who actually listen to you. The workload was fair, but not too much, and there was scope to do different tasks throughout the day, so you don't get bored. Breaks were always given and colleagues were friendly and helpful. Only downside is the lower pay compared to some other supermarkets.