ASDA Employee Reviews

Would not advise working here.
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire26 May 2018
The majority of staff that work at ASDA are very kind and approachable. Unfortunately a typical day there was on occasions very unpleasant to say the least. I often had to go without breaks or water for way longer than the legal requirement. Management weren't bothered about this as they were the ones who were enforcing this. I did enjoy working there though. It wasn't my colleagues, nor management/supervisors, it was the customers. A customer who left my till with a smile on their face gave me the motivation to work harder and made working there feel rewarding.
Pros
Friendly staff, nice customers
Cons
Not enough hours given, poor management
Not the worst job out there
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom25 May 2018
Been 2 years I’ve been here and I’m working with foul mouthed colleagues who don’t know how to respect others around them or show their manners! Management is terrible and you can’t complain about anyone as there is a likely chance they are friends with the manger. There’s no equality in the workplace and no diversity in it’s staff. Also, staff don’t give care about other people’s culture.
Pros
10% discount card and the 20% discount event that comes on throughout the year
Cons
Bad management, favouritism in the workplace
Asda was good but now its bad
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside25 May 2018
I worked in asda for 5 years and it was really good, everyone got on and there were enough staff on each department but now everyone is clicky, no one helps each other and there are hardly anyone in to cover each department so one day your on chilled next on bakery. The people who step up to be section leaders are a waste of space, they think they mangers and can talk to you like your dog poo.uet they get paid an extra £1 than you do. I had to leave because our store was getting worse and I was.sick of being treated badly for no reason.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Too many to list
ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester25 May 2018
● Taking inbound calls on a company mobile from customers and colleagues.
● Maintain stock levels.
● Use computers to check for items in other stores across the country.
● Printing out labels with barcodes to keep pricing up to date.
good teamwork
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire25 May 2018
good team members with good communication easy to learn the ways of how the shop is run an easily fit in with other team workers nice managers an all around good workplace
Pros
meet new people
Cons
sometimes busy
Good job
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northwich24 May 2018
It is a good job for earning money and gaining new skills, however it is not fun at all and can get tedious on long shifts especially when carrying out the same thing for long periods of time which is common.
Pros
Good money, develop skills
Cons
Tedious, draining
No Comment
Service Colleague (Current Employee) –  ASDA24 May 2018
ASDA are all about being 'A TEAM', looking after colleagues, a 'Fun' place to work, Service to our Customers, Respect for the Individual, Strive for Excellence, Act with Integrity,
This only happens if you have the right Management,
ASDA can be a Great place to work.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Not enough colleagues/support
Busy Fast paced retail Environmet
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toryglen23 May 2018
As Customer Service Desk assistant I found myself constantly busy. The volume of returns and exchanges was quite significant. Quality claims were also part of my remit,; providing information for Asda House on the intranet system with regards to products that customers had deemed of irregular quality. Within this role I was also signed up to become one of the Stores first aiders. Which proved interesting, as I was enabled to engage with store users on a further , more intimate, personal level.
In this role I was required to learn some detail of Trading Laws, to recognise those specific to Scotland e.g Alcohol, but also Trading within the United Kingdom.
Homes hopping telephone enquiries also often came through the service desk and these I was required to negotiate whilst also dealing effectively with instore customers.
I was required to provide VAT receipts , issue goodwill vouchers, sort petty cash and to be able to provide colleagues with over ride procedures as and when required.
Management were always supportive when I and to ask them to step in with copmplaints / customer issues. The culture of the store was very customer focussed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a funny , friendly team who really seemed to focus on the same customer first ethos that I did.
Pros
10% store Discount
Cons
Midnight Finishing time
No thrills basic job
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bearsden23 May 2018
Working on checkout- what else can you say about it? It was very basic pay and hours were not too bad. Difficult to get holidays approved but the job was easy going.
Lovely staff, poor management.
Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fareham23 May 2018
The staff who work at asda are lovely people, the problem comes with the whole management structure. Managers are rotated out too often, staff and financing are completely incompatible.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Understaffed, poor management structure.
fun to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  York22 May 2018
ASDA is fun place to work always something new each day everyone there are easy to get on with a great laugh. Get lots of support from staff and mangers
not what it use to be
Shelf Stacker (Current Employee) –  Liscard22 May 2018
13 years a lot has changed was a family friendly business now its trying to save money everywhere for a young person who wanted week end money then yes place would suit but they do try to take advantage of your home life and you will be working all hours they can get you to do
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
bad managment
Usual supermarket work
Stock Replenishment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings22 May 2018
Colleagues were friendly enough but supermarket work is hard.

Got the opportunity to move departments so had a taster of quite a bit.

Enjoyed working on the checkouts.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No subsidised cantee facilities
Enjoyed my time working here
Home shopping deiver driver (Former Employee) –  Gateshead22 May 2018
I started as a homeshopping driver and then the driver training for all the drivers in the north-east of England following that I finished as homeshopping manager for the Asda store in Gosforth where I was in charge of 35 pickers 18 homeshopping drivers and for loaders and was in charge of the day-to-day running of the home shopping pod
Good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire21 May 2018
Asda was a good place to work at for a while as a Cleaner but it became harder later on. The staff are friendly but the Cleaner manager doesn't listen to your opinions.
retail store
Asda Colleague (Current Employee) –  west end southampton21 May 2018
company is fun and very friendly team to work with who treats all staff equally and good prospects for future to secure long term working commitment to work for
Pros
pension, share save, store discount
Friendly environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 May 2018
Provide job security and shows interest in developing staff. Listen well takes staffs appraisals seriously. Good customer service and support to elderly.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Can sometimes be neglectful of individual need
Flexible work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth20 May 2018
Asda could be a good place to work for depending on your manager. Some management understood that colleagues working on minimum wage were keeping the company running, however some treated you like dirt.
Fun place to work
Asda - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Retail Park, Thurrock RM20 3LP20 May 2018
The things that I learned from working at Asda living is that all the hard work that the people have to go through to make sure everything to nice and tidy for the customer and some of there jobs isn't fun at all I also enjoyed working at Asda living as the customers are all nice and friendly and they are also smiling even when they hacertainly a bad day then see to know how to cheer you up.
Pros
Free lunch
Lack of leadership/management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian East18 May 2018
Met some of the best people who will remain friends for life, however the management were atrocious, delegated every aspect of their jobs to underpaid colleagues. Very patronising, lazy, and disorganised, left you on your own with no support.
Pros
Great colleagues, flexible hours, staff canteen, staff discount card.
Cons
Management, salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K