ASDA Employee Reviews

large well known company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 April 2018
days can vary from busy to quiet, you can learn to do new things on a daily basis and your job can change if your trained in multiple areas. It is a friendly environment
Average
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus20 April 2018
Not bad for a part time job.work is easy and colleagues are friendly.flexible hours. great part time job for school students or people studying at university.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Too many managers
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton20 April 2018
Too many managers, never enough shop floor colleagues and constant queues due to poor planning. People are never replaced when they leave and you are just a number to all management.
Pros
discount
Cons
no support
Good money for the work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire20 April 2018
It isn't too bad as far as jobs go easy work driving llop order picking spend all night on feet so a little tiring people are friendly management approachable
Pros
good money
Cons
monotonous
Steady work
Home Shopping Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham19 April 2018
Depending on which department and store you work for depends on your own experience. Most management will help if you have an issue however this varies.
Pros
Monthly contract and Discount card
Cons
poor communication
Busy Working Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
A typical day at ASDA is busy and challenging. I have basic training on all departments on the shop floor and am happy with the progress I have made so far. Starting off as a shelf filler, which was quite mundane, I then increased my contracted hours to 30. Working on the customer service desk suited my personality a lot more as it was a more customer focused role. It is busy and can get hectic at times but the time passes quick. The hardest part of the job is having a lot of responsibility when management are not always on the shop floor, especially in the evening. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your colleagues. The shop floor is a fun environment and your are able to be sociable whilst working.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
great satisfaction
Shelf Stacker (Former Employee) –  Renfrewshire19 April 2018
learn how deal with public,more attentive,good moral building,best part job is customer satisfied and manager happy with my hard working ethic,all staff look after each other
Pros
kept busy
Cons
nothing much to say
Used to be ok but terrible now
Chilled Colleague (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear18 April 2018
Very short staffed , expected to do work of 3 people , get no thanks for it , heavy work , very cold if working in chilled department , worst job I ever had ! Section leaders walk around on phones doing nothing ! Standing talking for ages , but the colleagues can’t even say one word to one another and they get wrong , absolutely shocking , can’t even talk to your colleagues about a thing ( work related)and you get wrong like a child , couldn’t wait to get away from the place absolutely hated it near the end . You are just a number in Asda not a person .
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Friendly staff environment
Checkout Operator-seasonal work (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset18 April 2018
There is a good level of support for new staff. Supervisors were happy to help and develop skill sets. The role offered a number of opportunities to learn new skills and undertake a number of roles.
Productive and fun workplace
E-Commerce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ferring18 April 2018
ASDA is a productive and fun place to work, the variety of job roles is enjoyable and exciting meaning every day brings up a new challenge. I have learned several skills including more knowledge on the law surrounding the retail industry. Management isn't the best and there is a high staff turnaround when it comes to managers as they are constantly being moved around in order to further their own careers. The hardest part of the day can be the early mornings or the stress surrounding busy periods such as Christmas and summer holidays when customers during the day increase. The most enjoyable part of the day is the friendships that you form amongst teams and different departments.
Pros
good money
Cons
busy during holidays
Was a good place to work other than managment
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels18 April 2018
Worked for a number of months until they let me go as my contract had ""run its course" i feel i was let go because of an much up that just taken place a day before my contract was terminated that i had nothing to do with but had been blamed for when i asked why i was being let go they simply said my contract had ended although i was contracted to work 2 more months. been told i was blamed for the apparent mistake of a newly promoted supervisor first in first out i guess. do not know if it was upper management try to save face or what but they wouldn't give me a reason for why my contract had been ended just that it had been. No prior warning. Nothing. in and out sacked. other than that very happy place to work had a lot of fun probably the best job i have had so far.
Pros
weekends
Cons
managment
good for starting out somewhere
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 April 2018
It is a good place to start with opportunities to grow. However, since getting rid of the middle management values and standards has fallen. No work-life balance.
Pros
colleague discount
Cons
no work-life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 April 2018
the work environment was endurable however the pay was not to the standard pay, workers were friendly and supportive, the working flexibility was under review, therefore, all in all, is average.
work experience
Fresh Food Assistant - School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Wolstanton17 April 2018
good on a work experience level, but shift work and no regularity to hours so very hard to manage work/life balance correctly. Also a low paid job as to be expected
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford17 April 2018
Productive environment, but can be stressful at times. Sometimes job can be a little overwhelming especially in the summer and Christmas months, not always guaranteed overtime or hours unless contracted.
Pros
payable hours
Cons
break system
Job satisfaction
Sales and Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh16 April 2018
I spent many years working for Asda and enjoyed what I did, I enjoyed being around customers and making sure that they got great customer service.
due to the cuts in hours this put a strain on my life financially and it was sad to say goodbye when I did.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cut to hours
Good bunch of people
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Leyton, Greater London16 April 2018
Working with people that are expireanced really helped me to understand my role at Asda. Also the worker that helped me really did help me and guide me through the job leadin me to understand everything.
Pros
It was in my area
Cons
Not long enough break
not good but not that bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bulwell, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
ex employee great job in the summer as you can actually see house numbers etc but I left before dark nights because you wouldn't stand a chance of finding the address,good company nice people but not for the money they offer.
Pros
free coffee
Check-out Operator (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk16 April 2018
Most of your colleagues are good people. I am still friends with some of the people that I worked with even though I left this job around 10 years ago.
good to work for
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent15 April 2018
flexible and a good job to work for , money is good but discount is only 10%. it involves alot of picking and targets and also you can get down time for breaks which isnt great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K