Ascenti

Ascenti Employee Reviews

From the first contact with the company during my application to today I have felt supported and able to ask any questions and never made to feel silly for doing so. From day one I have found the atmosphere to be professional and friendly in the office. The work is fast paced and you are expected to work hard whilst you are at work, but you are not expected to work beyond your capability and the goals set are realistic. There is a great camaraderie amongst the team and we all help each other out when its needed.
Pros
great team work, supportinve, free tea and coffee and fruit, working hours
micro managed by the worst bunch of micro managers ever had the displeasure of .Job is horrendous they lie about work hours, overtime, benefits, everything - do not apply for this job if you want to be overworked underpaid, undevalued , treated appalingly - in everyway imaginable.Stay well away or risk career damage. They changed their name of their company as their original name got such a bad reputation imagine they had to. healthcare workers dont last long, their bullies. bunch of physios working as micro manages.
Pros
Cons
everything
Working at Ascenti as a Physiotherapist was my first job after leaving university. I worked there for 1 year and left because I moved back home (would not have left otherwise). The education at Ascenti is second to none. I had one on one mentoring alternating with teaching in a group environment each week as well as online learning modules which almost teach you how to be a physio again from scratch. I feel like I learned more at Ascenti than in my 4 years at university. The average day is fast paced with a new patient every 30 minutes. You have access to massage fluids in clinic. They give you a laptop and phone which are your mobile office as you may be working in different locations day to day. Fantastic company to work for.
Pros
Education, Culture, Tech support, Supportive environment, Autonomy, Paperless
Cons
Lone working, Must be flexible
I worked for Ascenti as physiotherapist for 4 years. My clinical development was actively stimulated and supported by managerial and training team. There has been many opportunities for structured online training as well as peer reviews and face-to-face sessions and financial support for external training. The workload is mixed of NHS, private and medico-legal cases what gives wide varied of cases.They offer competitive salary and some benefits and they develop policies to improve employees job satisfaction. Despite the size of the company I felt supported by my managers, the training team is committed and ammount of effort they put into clinical support is astonishing - big thank you! Challenges were mainly due to travel to clinics but that varies from region to region. Only moved to different employer as there was no regional opportunities for clinical development for me. I really enjoyed working there and would be happy to return to Ascenti in the future if it happens.The company changes quickly and adapts to the market. Even within the hard COVID-19 economical situation they were swift in changing the way of working to online service!
Pros
Brilliant clinical support and training
Cons
Long distance between clinics but manageable. Varies in regions
Micro management at its best! Targets and goals always moved and unrealistic! No chance of progression. Pathetic rules like being at school! Overall a bad job but there are a few good people!
Pros
People
Cons
Going every day
Targets unrealistic. work life balance Non existent. Expected to work beyond finishing time just to keep the management off your back. totally soul destroying my mental health suffered & I’m still in medication 2 years after leaving. Management don’t care and are all children. The good reviews on here are obviously written by management Worst company/job ever!
If you want to be treated like a number instead of a person then this is the place for you. You are micro managed for every little thing you do and management are constantly on your back to work faster and get your stats impossibly high while somehow having to make the minimal amount of errors possible, all while barely being paid enough to live. The only pay rise I had received over my last 2 years with the company was to stay within the national living wage even though I worked my socks off and did everything I could. The amount of stress this job caused ontop of the already unpleasant work atmosphere caused the significant deterioration of my mental health along with a worrying number of my colleagues. Support from management and HR for this was non-existent, as long as you came in every day and did your job they didn't care. Ascenti is honestly the worst company I have ever worked for and I feel sorry for everyone who is still stuck there.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, unpleasant working environment, bad management, constant micromanaging, awful pay
Ascenti has changed a lot since I've have worked here. The managers are supportive and I have had chances to progress in my role. Some benefits still could be improved like holiday but the senior management team are responsive to change so I'm hoping these will improve shortly and the work-life balance and culture are good. Everyone in the company is very friendly and they do lots of social and charity events throughout the year.
Expected to work extra hours with no extra pay just to try and keep on top of the work load. Management either don't care or will try to micro manage you. Very low wages considering the work that is expected of you. Lack of praise from management.
This was my first job in UK, I enjoyed and learnt lot. It has sharpen my knowledge. Ascenti is one of the fast developing company, fully autonomous and has been very supportive and co-operative with me, especially senior staff and management staff. Most of the time have to work independently, some people may not like it but I fully enjoyed. Seniors are always there to help you if needed over the phone or face-to-face. New training cycle is really good. Highly recommended.
Pros
Autonomus, Supportive
Cons
may have to do bit of driving, long appraisal/banding process
I spent less than a year here as couldn't stand it any longer. No proper training schedule - always promised but never delivered. Pay is terrible. Managers are inexperienced. Terrible atmosphere as no one is happy - surprised by the number of people that congratulated me on being brave & escaping. Managers leave the building before the staff. Dog eat dog world and encouraged to report your colleagues for anything minor. My advice - pretend you smoke as that allows you to leave for frequent breaks whilst the rest of the team do your work!!
Official response from Ascenti
10 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry your Ascenti experience was so disappointing. This is not the standard we aim to deliver for our employees. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us to improve. For that reason, we would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you would like to discuss your experience in confidence, we can be reached at hr@ascenti.co.uk. Please feel free reach out with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We look forward to hearing from you.Again, we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Thank you.
This is my first Job here in UK, and I would recommend them as a Company to work with, I am very luck that I have Team that is very supportive and very helpful Manager.
This company treats their employees terribly. It was a horrible place to work. You will be treated like a child and offered no support or advancement. The pay is awful and not enough to live on. Avoid.
Official response from Ascenti
10 February 2020
We’re so sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience at Ascenti. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are concerned that you felt there was no support or opportunity to advance. We set a high standard for ourselves as an employer and certainly do not wish to create an unpleasant workplace for our employees. Your feedback helps us to get better. For that reason, we would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further, so we can deliver a better experience for our staff. If you would like to discuss your experience in confidence, we can be reached at hr@ascenti.co.uk. Please feel free to reach out with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.Again, we appreciate you taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.
good company to work for with many benefits. however you have to feel comfortable working alone. Can be repetitive but also rewarding. good management support and good CPD structure, paid CPD which is a massive bonus. Plenty of overtime available.
Pros
lone working, flexiable hours
Cons
lone working, repetitive
Would never recommend working here, do not care about employees health, just want you and other staff to do as many assessments so they get the money, don’t care about how the staff are feeling if they have complex assessments get managers to keep pushing you to work harder and then complain if assessments are wrong.. expect you to work over finishing time with out pay to complete amendments and finish work. Management are not professional.
I have worked at Ascenti for many years. It's a dynamic company, lots of different departments, contracts, rather friendly environment. It can get busy at times and there are lots of procedures to learn which can be stressful however most managers and section leaders are friendly and supportive. You need to be adaptable and self motivated to progress but it's a good place to start yyour work experience. Pros: Friendly environment, good place to start, work benefits Cons: Salary, sometimes there are unrealistic targets, micromanagement, shifts depending on departments so you need to be flexible.
A typical day at Ascenti is soul destroying! 7 years of being at the company I learned that anyone who isn't a physio or below management are treated like something they have stepped in. The management do not care about anyone other than themselves, they would throw you under a bus to advance they're position. They punish you for being unwell and although they are supporting a mental health charity this year they don't actually care about their staff's mental health they make it worse. The hardest thing about working there is motivating yourself to go in and suffer at the hands of their pathetic policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was handing my notice in. Ascenti is by far the worst employer in the UK. The HR team at Ascenti do not know what they are doing, they say one thing and change the policy when it doesn't suit them.
I work in a very varied role and regularly engage with all areas of the company - from the IT department, to the HR department, to the communications department, and so on. Everyone who works for Ascenti is extremely supportive of each other and always keen to provide the best possible service for our patients and service users. Our management team is predominantly clinical, which really helps strike the right balance between 'hitting targets' and providing top quality care. Ascenti has grown rapidly during the ten years I have been here and is fast-paced, dynamic and extremely ambitious. This lends itself to a great culture which is underpinned by developing our staff, helping everyone realise their potential and promoting from within.
Pros
Transparent, engaging, strong management, team atmosphere
Working in NHS Admin team I was filled with promises for progression that was never met, senior members who aren't approachable and bad office "clickiness". Scheduled breaks and lunch times like being in a school. A HR department who decided when they would and wouldn't pay you for sickness. Management have a Manager to help manage them, says a lot. It was fun when I first joined, then went down hill from the 6 month probation was passed. Confiding in Management about concerns you may have and work and be told "your being to sensitive". If you want to work for a company with bad management, false promises, bad pay and no progression, work here.
Pros
leaving at the end of the day
Cons
Managers, pay and feeling like your back at school
I have worked for Ascenti for a number of years in various departments. The company is a positive, friendly & dynamic place to work with many career opportunities. During my time with Ascenti I have progressed within the company to a Senior Administrator role. Learning many new skills along the way. Which has enabled me to take on more responsibility. Management are always very approachable & supportive. Staff are always encouraged to come up with new ways of working. The workload at times can be high. However I enjoy the challenges this provides. I have regular meetings with my Line Manager to discuss my career development. Which gives me the opportunity to set future goals. I want to achieve.
Pros
Great team & working environment, company is growing, opportunity to learn new skills
Worked with Ascenti for 6 months. Poor management support. No support in getting approved. Loan clinic working. Misleading progression and obtaining approval.
Pros
HR team very supportive.
Cons
If your face does not fit, you will not get approved.
  1. Employee reviews