Ascenti Employee Reviews

Poor
Disability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft3 December 2019
Would never recommend working here, do not care about employees health, just want you and other staff to do as many assessments so they get the money, don’t care about how the staff are feeling if they have complex assessments get managers to keep pushing you to work harder and then complain if assessments are wrong.. expect you to work over finishing time with out pay to complete amendments and finish work. Management are not professional.
Avoid
Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire26 September 2019
A typical day at Ascenti is soul destroying! 7 years of being at the company I learned that anyone who isn't a physio or below management are treated like something they have stepped in. The management do not care about anyone other than themselves, they would throw you under a bus to advance they're position. They punish you for being unwell and although they are supporting a mental health charity this year they don't actually care about their staff's mental health they make it worse. The hardest thing about working there is motivating yourself to go in and suffer at the hands of their pathetic policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was handing my notice in. Ascenti is by far the worst employer in the UK. The HR team at Ascenti do not know what they are doing, they say one thing and change the policy when it doesn't suit them.
Dynamic, progressive and engaging company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands23 September 2019
I work in a very varied role and regularly engage with all areas of the company - from the IT department, to the HR department, to the communications department, and so on. Everyone who works for Ascenti is extremely supportive of each other and always keen to provide the best possible service for our patients and service users.

Our management team is predominantly clinical, which really helps strike the right balance between 'hitting targets' and providing top quality care.

Ascenti has grown rapidly during the ten years I have been here and is fast-paced, dynamic and extremely ambitious. This lends itself to a great culture which is underpinned by developing our staff, helping everyone realise their potential and promoting from within.
Pros
Transparent, engaging, strong management, team atmosphere
Bad Management, Bad Pay and fake promises
NHS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire21 September 2019
Working in NHS Admin team I was filled with promises for progression that was never met, senior members who aren't approachable and bad office "clickiness". Scheduled breaks and lunch times like being in a school. A HR department who decided when they would and wouldn't pay you for sickness. Management have a Manager to help manage them, says a lot. It was fun when I first joined, then went down hill from the 6 month probation was passed. Confiding in Management about concerns you may have and work and be told "your being to sensitive". If you want to work for a company with bad management, false promises, bad pay and no progression, work here.
Pros
leaving at the end of the day
Cons
Managers, pay and feeling like your back at school
Dynamic & friendly place to work
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire28 August 2019
I have worked for Ascenti for a number of years in various departments. The company is a positive, friendly & dynamic place to work with many career opportunities.

During my time with Ascenti I have progressed within the company to a Senior Administrator role. Learning many new skills along the way. Which has enabled me to take on more responsibility.

Management are always very approachable & supportive. Staff are always encouraged to come up with new ways of working.

The workload at times can be high. However I enjoy the challenges this provides.

I have regular meetings with my Line Manager to discuss my career development. Which gives me the opportunity to set future goals. I want to achieve.
Pros
Great team & working environment, company is growing, opportunity to learn new skills
Misleading management information.
Disability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham26 August 2019
Worked with Ascenti for 6 months. Poor management support. No support in getting approved. Loan clinic working.
Misleading progression and obtaining approval.
Pros
HR team very supportive.
Cons
If your face does not fit, you will not get approved.
Great physiotherapy company
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire23 August 2019
Started in 2013 and the company has grown for the better over the years. It is a lone working environment however there is regular contact with managers and mentors who go out of their way to help and accommodate what you want to do. Various opportunities available with various contracts within the company. A very robust structured and clinical driven progression pathway. You can clearly see how to advance and what you need to do. All the support given is second to none with the company having one of the best online modules and educational content available. Regular socials in the region with other physiotherapist and regular meetings every 4 weeks. Great team to be a part of!
Pros
Progression pathway, modules and great management an dteam
Cons
lone working but always have somebody to speak to if you need to
Dynamic, supportive and progressive
Clinical Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Remote; South Wales23 August 2019
Having worked for Ascenti for over 18 months I can honestly say how refreshing it is to work for a company who are really doing everything they can to improve patient outcomes, quality of care and staff development and support. I have worked for several large institutions before where ideas are quashed, career progression stagnant and opportunities to develop few and far between- it couldn't be more different at Ascenti.
As a Chartered Physiotherapist with 20+ years experience my role now with Ascenti is varied, flexible and productive. The support I get from the Senior Management team is excellent.
I think for many Physiotherapists one of the more challenging aspects of working for us is working on your own in clinic, but this is true of many clinical roles in private practice and in the NHS where community services are not run in large central Physio departments. But there is a big difference from working alone and feeling alone, to working alone but as part of a team, and that is what we strive to create UK-wide through our clinical development support package.
Pros
Staff development, learning opportunties, the people you work with
Cons
Sometimes working as a sole-practitioner; geograohically spread out in some regions
Growing company with lots of opportunity
Technical manager (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire22 August 2019
Having worked with this company for a long time, I've seen it grow massively. Obviously with any growth there have been many challenges, but since re-branding in 2018 following a management restructure I honestly feel the company has really established itself as a fantastic place to work.

The company is very supportive and listen to staff; we have annual staff surveys, 360 manager feedback, HR are very proactive and are easily contactable by phone or email and a weekly confidential drop in session in the office. Managers have regular one-to-ones with staff and company wide formal appraisals are held twice a year allowing opportunity for grade and pay increases.

As a manager I encourage all my staff (no matter how senior) to spend 1-2 hours of their working hours every week to train on any technical subjects where they want to progress. In our monthly one-to-ones we discuss if there are any additional training needs to ensure staff are well supported.

The office engages in a number of charity events, have monthly socials at the local pub and a interactive intranet, where people can set-up hubs for events and clubs, such as a weekly running club. We have a weekly interactive newsletter where staff are encouraged to comment on articles and give their views.

The company is ever diversifying in its work and as a result if you're someone keen to progress and engage with company values there's real opportunity here.
Loads of opportunity to progress your career
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire19 August 2019
I joined Ascenti in September 2014 and have moved through many roles. On the physiotherapy side there is a well structured banding system and many areas to work in across medico-legal, NHS contracts, triage and occupational health contracts as examples, there are split role opportunities on government disability analyst contracts and the opportunity to progress through management roles. The training throughout is first class and the social side is great too, with each region having a social fund. Go-karting, high ropes, escape rooms and inflatable parks as examples as well as meals and nights out. Every year there is a different charity partner, with various groups taking part in challenges such as the national 3 peaks.
Work hard and reap the rewards
Manager (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands2 August 2019
I have worked for Ascenti for a number of years and have been able to develop professionally and personally via the excellent support network.

There have been some extremely positive changes to the structure of the business recently with a heavy focus maintained on training and development of staff. This has lead to the company being a really attractive place to work as you are fully encouraged and supported to develop to the best of your ability.

The professional development pathways and banding structures provide you with a clear vision of what you can achieve if you are willing to work hard. All the pathways are underpinned by excellent training materials and field experts.

Highly recommended place to work if you are a driven individual looking to develop your career.
supportive and progressive
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 August 2019
Having worked for Ascenti for 6.5 years I have seen the company change and develop very positively.
I have been able to work and develop my skills in an environment that I have always felt supported in. There is a variety of contracts to be exposed to different patients. With the new clinical banding system and clinical support program in place, the opportunities to develop and learn in this company are fantastic. Pay increments are now also available as you successfully progress through the banding system.
Lone working can sometimes be a challenge but in my experience managerial staff have always been available to support and aid growth. The company offers many perks including healthcare packages, self funded bonus schemes and savings schemes. Each region is given a social fund to bring staff together and create a team to work with and learn from.
As a new graduate or physio with some experience behind them, I truly believe Ascenti is a fantastic company to build your career and enjoy the work you fo.
Pros
progression, teamwork, development, experience
Cons
lone working
Diverse oppourtunities and development
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  London South East, Greater London31 July 2019
There are a lot of diverse roles available which gives variety to potential work days. Since joining I learned a lot due to the senior support provided and helped me develop both within the company and for the rest of my career.

There's a good team culture but equally its not too overbearing if deciding not to get as involved.

The hardest part was getting used to new ways of working compared to previous training and experiences but equally the job is most satisfying when constantly able to learn a new approach or skill and apply it successfully.
Pros
Variety and amount of oppourtunities
Cons
Learning curve initially
Soul destroying
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fareham31 May 2019
Long hours for very poor pay, extreme micro management. Basically data entry very boring no scope to advance.
Management are awful, HR equally just as bad - constantly making mistakes. After working there nearly 2 years HR told my new employer they had no record of me.
Pros
Some of my colleagues were nice
Cons
Pay, management, Hr
Inefficient, unmotivating and poorly 'run'
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire19 May 2019
One of the worse companies I've ever worked for. Unrealistic target's, forever changing goal posts but the expectations remain the same. Any ideas and solutions you have to improve the work environment are just disregarded to your face. Most of the managers or people of authority are not approachable atall, I lost alot of respect and faith in them. You're expected to work like a robot, weekly stats would never be enough and constantly made to feel inadequate. This job made me extremely unhappy and since leaving and having time to reflect on my experiences there, leaving was one of the best things I've done.
Cons
Bad pay. Dated systems. Bad management.
Official response from Ascenti
31 May 2019

We are troubled to hear that you did not have a positive experience working with us. We aim for our target-driven roles to be challenging but rewarding, and these targets are set based on what the majority of the team are able to achieve. We recently launched a series of staff engagement forums for employees to give feedback and suggest new ideas, and we take forward as many of these suggestions as possible. If you would like to discuss your experience further, the HR team can be reached confidentially at hr@ascenti.co.uk.

Reliable, friendly, a place to grow.
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  london30 April 2019
After working for the company for almost 5 years as a physiotherapist I have almost only positive things to say. I feel like I have been supported in my development as a physio and that I have been part of a team even though I often work independently. Because the physios generally work independently this might not be the job for everyone as some people like to be around a team daily. But the company now tries to put on social events and group sessions regularly to allow physios to meet up. The managers I have always found very friendly and helpful and the new training system is great. with lots of content online ready to access whenever needed to help either refresh knowledge or expand knowledge and skills. The pay is pretty good for the nature of the work, the annual leave has increased in the last year which is good for new starters. I think the company could do more to help with benefits and loyalty but this has all been improving over the past couple of years so i have every faith it will continue to improve over the next few years. The work is hard and tiring but that is what you expect with a job like this, it is also rewarding and still allows you to have a good life balance as there is no forced weekend or night working for physios.
Pros
friendly staff, good training support
benefits
One of the worst company I ever worked for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire22 April 2019
In a nutshell: extremely boring data entry job, the management doesn’t want to solve issues, no chance for improvement, working on occasional Saturdays. There is no team work-people slagging off each other and reporting even the smallest thing to the management. The worst part is the micromanaging, instead of encouraging and motivating they making issues about who and how long had a toilet break. Absolute soul killer. The salary is low and the managers are people who worked there for an awful long time (in different positions) so you don’t get the right support because let’s face it: an ex admin or an accountant will hardly make a good manager. Leaving this workplace was a relief.
Pros
I can’t remember any
Cons
Long hours, low salary, micromanagement, mediocre managers and a terrible Departmemt Manager
Official response from Ascenti
31 May 2019

I’m sorry to hear your comments regarding your experience with management. Ascenti is a strong believer in promoting from within and we feel it is important to allow our dedicated staff the opportunity to progress to managerial positions wherever possible. We are currently looking into providing further training opportunities for managers. If you would like to talk about this more please contact the team at hr@ascenti.co.uk.

Great company to work with
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire4 April 2019
Working for Ascenti has been great, they have helped me coming so far with in my role. Like all jobs it has really good days and it has it bad but we all work together to pull though and management team always on hand to support you.
Pros
Charity days, management, Medicash
Cons
Pay
Disability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk4 April 2019
Great training programme, supportive manager, on line and one to one training with manager. Feedback on performance and how to improve. Better work life balance. Feel like I have learnt more about different health conditions and this has expanded my knowledge base as a nurse. Yes every day you assess claimants but every person is different. Good pay and opportunities to do over time and progress.
Pros
Hours, pay, support
Cons
Lots to learn and challenging
Terrific organisation, fantastic product, great service!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire2 April 2019
Although I have only been with Ascenti for a short period of time, I have found the company and the people I work with to be extremely welcoming, supportive and professional. This is a group of very talented, dedicated and friendly people. I have worked for some great companies during my career, but none of them can match the teamwork environment at Ascenti. I’m already looking forward to a long and successful career here, and am excited by the potential opportunities! Do not hesitate to join this great organisation, offering a fantastic product underpinned by great service!
Pros
Great teamwork, Professional, Solutions Focused, Supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascenti. Our community is ready to answer.

Ascenti Reviews by Location