Ascensos

Ascensos Employee Reviews

United Kingdom47 reviews
A typical day at work: Really depends on who is in. Sometimes, we're incredibly under-staffed, but other days we'll be staffed appropriately and have an easy day. (Read - poor scheduling.)

What I've learned: Not much in terms of skills. Upper management once said about the prospect of earning qualifications through work, but this hasn't come to fruition.

Management: Mixed bag. Other reviewers certainly have a point about promotion being all about being friends with upper management. Some managers are decent, however, and show they do care.

Workplace culture: This is where Ascensos excels, due to lack of sales. targets, and strict policies. It is a fairly relaxed environment that allows you to make friends and have fun.

The hardest part of the job: Going home knowing you've done six times as much work as someone who gets paid the same, if not more, than you.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Having the opportunity to be friends with people, talk, and even play games on occasion.
tbh i got the job because of an ex girlfriend but the place is cliche like that
no room for promotions unless you sell coke or look pretty as you need to suck up to certain staff to get places .

for a social awkward and anxiety ridden person like myself its not good to work in but i need the money and i struggle with interviews so in a sense i cant leave so wish me luck come konday
Pros
nice agents
Cons
bad manangement no maturity at all
I started work at ascensos after being recommended by a friend. It took months before i was contacted from being recommended but after the interview i heard back the very next day.

I’ve worked at multiple campaigns and have always found the management extremely good they’ve always been really helpful and friendly.

You’re payed less for doing the same job if you’re younger despite in the most campaigns i worked at the youngest people often worked the hardest and did the most.

A major issue is that training is almost non existent it’s sit and watch someone else do the job and then maybe pick up processes. It’s also like pulling teeth trying to get more than a single shift off and often your requests aren’t even rejected they’re just left to time out meaning you can’t make any plans.

Different campaigns have different expectations with some being very achievable and others being extremely unrealistic. Email based campaigns tend to be the worst for aggressively pushing hard to reach goals.

Your colleagues are definitely the best part of any campaign and are always helpful and fun to talk to.

There is also a great canteen that have really friendly servers and the food is usually very fresh and hot.

Overall a great part time job but issues do add up if you’re there for extended periods of time.
Pros
Colleagues, management
Cons
Trying to take a holiday, training, payed worse for being young
Ascensos is a truly dreadful organisation, it’s a typical call centre through and through. You will be working in very stressful situations with every move you make watched, timed and recorded as well as every word you say too. Training is poor and the management is awful so help in stressful calls won’t be given readily. Managers hate talking to the customers as much as you do and will avoid it like the plague. What’s more is they routinely blame you for escalations and will undermine you in front of the customers.

A warning to men - this company has a strong bias for promoting women, there is a gynocentric bias where virtually most promotions go to women. So if you are taking this job in the hopes you will advance your cv and get off the telephones then it’s very unlikely to happen. The pretty girls especially seem to be taken off the phones in virtually no time at all after starting, usually given managers jobs, trainers jobs or a position in quality control. I’ve seen girls as young as 19 and 20 given immediate promotions to these roles and if you think there would be a maturity issue with girls this age then you’d be right. They spend most of their “working day” talking and doing very little that’s productive. Also it helps if you are gay, as most hiring managers are women they like the gay men. You’ll see this for yourself if you work here.

The pay and working hours are dreadful, your working 40hrs a week for little above minimum wage, you rarely get weekends off working 5 days over 7 on various shifts and when the time comes to book holidays you’ll have a fight
 - more...
Cons
Ascensos has such a great atmosphere and there is so much room for progression. The interview process for the job is so quick as you pretty much hear back on the same day from when you applied. The job can be challenging to start with if you have never worked in a call centre before, although throughout the training they will guide you and make sure you are ready before starting to assist customers. Ascensos allows you to meet many new people and build friendships over the time of working there. Each week the company has many fun days and small competitions between each of the sites which does brighten you week at times.
Pros
Culture, Free Parking on premises, Competitive salary, Relatively relaxed job
Cons
N/a
I worked in Ascensos and the company itself is fine it’s the managers lack of experience, no people skills to busy wanting to please operations instead of doing the job properly Absolutely no people skills whatsoever
Cons
This place is horrible, they dont care about employees or proper training ir even putting you in the campaign you apply for. I had a day of classroom training anout by the second day in the afternoon I was on the phones. Managers havent got a clue about anything. Their sickness number doesnt work but they will still sack you if you dont phone in which you cant do ifnumber is faulty.
Pros
Nothing...a horrid place
Cons
No one even takes the time to learn your name
I worked at ascensos for over a year. When I first started it was around march time and I really enjoyed working there. However, as summer began and the weather started becoming more hotter working there became unbearable as they would not put the air conditioning on. We were provided with fans and the end of each POD however were not aloud to face the fan towards us. When dressing to suit the temperature girls especially were pulled to the side and told we couldn't wear sleeveless tops. People were actually taking seizures the heat was that bad. As we went into winter it only got worse - the news were announcing all public transport was being stopped around 3pm as the weather was that bad and all employers were advised to let employees go home to ensure they got home safely. However, we were given sleeping bags and told we had to finish our 10pm shift and could stay in the training rooms. If you want to work for a company who do not care for your well being, nothing is confidential and 99% of the managers are jobs worths - this is the job for you lol
Pros
non
Cons
too many
Such a lovely place to work, with plenty of friendly faces and never a dull moment in the office, which doesn't seem like an office. Really supportive staff/managers who always want to help.
This is my first call centre job having previously worked in face-to-face customer service roles in the past.

The team here were very welcoming from the get go and suitable training is provided from the start.

Would be a great job if you are just out of school/uni too.

For those without experience - I have seen many people get their first job here.
Pros
Casual dress, good amount of breaks
Cons
None!
I started working with Ascensos 2 years ago and can say I have enjoyed every moment of my time with Ascensos. I started as a Customer Service Advisor, but quickly progressed into a management level role which shows there are a lot of opportunities to progress. I've also watched a lot of my colleagues progress into back office teams and into management.

The management team at Ascensos are all happy to listen and are great at coaching you and helping you develop in your role and as a person. They're very approachable and always happy to talk to you, if you have any issues.

There are a lot of opportunities within Ascensos to complete training programmes, for example mental health first aid, developing personal resilience and also modern apprenticeships if you are under the age of 24, which is great.

There are also a lot of engagement/fun days, sometimes raising money for charity or other times getting the opportunity to win extra days off, extra breaks or your team manager taking your calls for an hour which helps to break up your day and overall, makes being at work an a lot more enjoyable experience.

Ascensos has taught me a lot of great skills, which I can use in a work environment, but also outside of work and will carry with me for the rest of my working life.
Great place to work with great people alongside you!

I have experience in other call centres and Ascensos is a breath of fresh air compared! You are not a number here - people care about you and people want to know you.

You get out what you put in - and more! :)
Worked at ascensos for 2 years on Isle of Wight and it’s been a pleasure. It’s been challenging with different campaigns however your managers and colleagues get you through the day aswell as the companies fun days/ charity days.
Managers have always been very supportive in this Role.
Working here was different than other call centres, its a better environment and my job always felt secure. They work with good brands and some of the teams get good discounts but it depends what campaign you work on. I'm at college so worked part-time but i hope to go back after ive finished my placement.
Managers and people in higher up places who are meant to be there for you and care for you etc DONT, they are all for themselves and treat you like dirt under there shoe, was there for a couple of months and my mental state deteriorated as pointed out by family and friends, many other staff members felt the same and employees drop like flies. These said managers don’t like when you stand up for yourself or tell them how you feel and note it down as a breach of sorts. The reason people drop like flies is due to the other people and said managerial personnel within there, if you want to keep in a good mental state and want to avoid being belittled I would avoid at all costs. They treat you like a “bum on a seat, instead of a human being” as quoted by another employee.
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Every single thing
No comment due to working conditions
Management - no comment

Lack of team moral in office

Strict rules regarding toilet breaks and no talking to colleagues
Worked here for about 8 weeks, everything was fine and was enjoying my time here, stats according to my manager wasn’t an issue and was to quote “hitting the ground running” then unexpectedly I was invited up to the board room and my probation was terminated for reasons that were absolutely absurd and as stated in a previous review all friends of friends which is very true

Be very wary of this company
If you have any sort of learning difficulty eg dyslexia don't waste your time. You get the full speech of were not like that here but its pretty much get you out asap without reason. Worked here for only a short time managers have clear favourites with some staff allowed to use computers for personal things and others shouted at for it.
Pros
No idea
Cons
Breaking the law
Having worked in customer service for 5 years prior to taking up this job, I knew I would cope well with the position. However, the company policies for GAME were outdated and often left advisors without solutions for their customers. Management are untrained and cannot help in most situations, due to their lack of understanding of the company procedures. The company prays on those in need of a full time job, and exploits its workers with no benefits to them.
If you want a 'bum-in-seats' role with staff and management who care for nothing more than the next night out, then this is the place for you.
The role is demeaning for the best part with a management team that is frequently off the ball in regards to customer service or staff requirements - God forbid you need to use the loo, bring a stopwatch with you. Be wary with this company, it's nothing more than cowboys.
Pros
Easily accessible, nice offices, plenty parking
Cons
Poor training, poor management