ASC Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst run hospital I have ever witnessed
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whalley Range3 July 2019
Worked here for a number of months while it operated in Manchester as a mental health facility! Best part of the company were the support workers and a small handful of nurses that actually wanted to do their job!
Management had a horrific manner towards staff, terrible communication skills! Complained about many things during my time here including neglect of the patients by some staff members, which went unheard!
Constantly had to chase up payroll for wages sometimes I was short payed and was owed money for 6 months before being reimbursed!
Constantly short staffed, unfair staffing to patient ratio
Can not explain enough how bad this company are to work for!
Pros
Good team work and support among the staff working on the floor
Cons
Wages constantly short, lack of communication, unfit nurses and support workers
Ridiculous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton20 October 2018
Not a place to work, absolutely disaster and shambolic , bad management, unpleasant to staff and patient and bad environment , injuries is norm and favouritism is core of the day
Cons
Poor chance of career progression, insufficient overtime payment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton17 November 2017
During my time at ASC I was initially taken in by the look and feel of this modern building complex and its advanced facilities, looks however can be deceiving.
Pros
pay on time
Cons
insufficient overtime pay, lack of career progression/promotion, very long shifts
Rewarding place to work with good training
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester18 October 2017
I have worked here now for a number of months and really enjoy the work.

Yes the days can be long and some times very challenging but the training provided is great and the out comes can be incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Graet Training
Cons
Can be long days
Unlleasant place to work in due to managment bullying
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester8 July 2017
This company is not child friendly and do not follow any unions advice law unto themselves.. no rehabilitation of patients. Only good are support workers who work hard .made some good friends while there.. management needs to change for the good of the company..
Pros
Cons
Managment dont care about staff.
interesting and enjoyable workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester4 July 2017
I worked for ASC healthcare for a short period of time.
While i was there i thoroughly enjoyed ever minute of my experience. The staff are hard working and easy to get on with.
There is plenty support off management and advice where needed. All training is provided before you step onto the floor and enough time to review patients files is given.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the patients progress and eventually move on to better lives.
A typical day is assisting patients where needed and observing and recording any relevant details. also to follow planners to complete daily tasks set.
The hours are long but they fly by. You don't even realise you've been there all day and the shift patters help with this.
Pros
shift work/nights
Cons
long days
My favorite job
Staff (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester31 May 2017
I stumbled across these reviews when searching for the hospitals postcode, and was shocked.
I love working at ASC. It is a busy and interesting place to work. There is a great staff team, who are all caring and passionate about supporting the service users here. I feel listened to and I respect my colleagues opinions.
Pros
Great staff team
Taught a lesson!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester16 April 2017
Toast to the lessons not yet learned and to the trials that will teach them. When you shudder thinking about your next shift, it is time to throw in the towel. I have worked here a while and I am not content nor am I impressed with the point scoring 'teachers pets' who wag their tails and bark to the management at any given time. I find individuals as such, talentless who ought to be brought down a peg or two - perhaps three!
Some staff members are kind, others are vindictive. If your face doesn't fit, you are excluded from the gang. That said, there are plenty of work places that operate in entirely the same manner, but that does not mean it is acceptable.
Have you ever felt bullied or isolated working in a place that apparently prides itself on teamwork? The feeling is unpleasant.
On the upside, I enjoy supporting people and caring for them.
Do I dread going in to work? Absolutely and that isn't down to the patients by the way.
The management it has to be said have turned the place around and their 'favourites' are only 'favourites because their 'favourites' are information feeders, not because they excel in what they are employed to do.
Pros
Some kind staff members
Cons
Some not so kind staff members
Admin (Current Employee) –  Breightmet6 March 2017
I have worked at ASC for a couple of years now and each day is never the same. I really enjoy working at ASC. The job can be very challenging but never boring. I have found the management team and all the staff very approachable. During my time I have had issues outside of work, and the management have done everything they can to help. All the staff are very friendly and easy to talk to. The job can be very challenging at times, but I have never felt like I haven't wanted to come to work.
Pros
Enjoyable, varied job. Excellent staff. Approachable management
Cons
Kind of company to put you off support work!
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton16 February 2017
Under qualified and under trained staff.
Management have clear favoritism for staff members and this causes friction within the team.
Terrible environment to work in with staff calling each other behind each others backs and with such long hours its genuinely one of the worst environments to work in.
No understanding of a work life balance.
Understaffed at the best of times causing high risk situations.
Constantly injured employees with no support from the management.
Pros
Set shifts.
Cons
To many to list!
Challenging
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton6 October 2016
Rewarding in a difficult setting contrasted against difficult circumstances and problems faced due to staff shortages and skill levels
Dangerous
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton30 September 2016
It is with regret that I work for ASC and I am desperate to leave.Staff are treated unfairly and are being injured on a regular basis.Staffing is very poor and when staff are injured there is little support,no follow up calls are made to make sure that staff are ok and sick pay is not offered.The company ask for documented evidence for even extreme injury.There is poor rehabilitation of patients and progress appears very slow.Nursing staff appears to show little empathy for support staff and are ridiculed regularly.It is a stressful place to work and I would not advice to work here.
Pros
good team
Cons
low wage
Danger Money Required
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton15 September 2016
I honestly don't know where to start!
A typical day at work is getting assaulted. It is absolutely not the patients fault but many staff members have ended up in A&E and are STILL ending up in A&E!
Management aren't up to scratch. They offer no support, come across uninterested, and never support their staff.
Some of the co-workers are OK but the morale is rock bottom. When staff morale is rock bottom, negativity sets in and negativity in this job isn't constructive.
I hate to say this but there is nothing enjoyable about the job. I hope to leave soon and leave in one piece!
Pros
Cons
I have no words!
Highly dangerous place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton11 September 2016
ASC is a highly ill equipped hospital for Mental Health Section 3 patients. Assessment of patients before entering the hospital is very poor. Staff and patients are at risk on a daily and nightly basis. Management show little concern for the welfare of staff and patients and staff are hospitalised on a regular basis. Staff turnover is extremely high, working conditions are ill thought through. Staff are regularly under valued. Patient crisis situations are not handled well - in some instances staff are left alone. Extremely serious injuries are sustained. There is very little rehabiltation of patients and much is covered up by management. I would question where any positive review comes from!!!
Cons
dangerous, under valued, extremely poor
Shocking
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Bolton9 September 2016
I worked here but decided to leave when you needed help from staff due to extremely violent behaviour from the residents you could not get it due to being short staffed
Staff being physically and mentaly beaten
What a joke
No support what so ever
Got an injury
Off work
Not even a phone call to check your ok
Do not work here
Pros
None at all
Cons
To long to list
Absolute train wreck
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton2 June 2016
The management are terrible and aren't trained to handle the patients, so when staff are being hurt and hospitalised they just stand and watch. At least 6 staff members have been in hospital in the space of 2 months.
The place isn't equipped for some of the patients who they have (which isn't the patients fault at all). Only stayed as long as I did for the patients.
There is no air con so on hot days patients and staff get agitated as it is a very uncomfortable place to be in.
Staff members don't often get breaks as there isn't enough people to cover!!!
Would not recommend this place to work at all.
Pros
There aren't any pros!
Cons
I would be here all day listing them
dread going into work
Autism Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ENG23 July 2015
I started at ASC when it first opened and the staff were promised the earth. Training, possibility of promotion, free meals etc. Within 18 months kd estimate that 90% of the original staff had left. No break despite working 12 hours. Constantly attacked by patients who received little Or no activity options, over reliance on agency staff who often outnumbered regular staff.
Fun. Good Team
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton17 July 2015
Good friendly team. Challenging at times. Current management are great. I love working with the patients. Learning a lot about autism and mental illness in general.
Pros
Never boring.
Cons
At times job does not feel secure as company is still growing.
Challenging
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Bolton13 May 2015
Supporting patients with day to day tasks within a secure environment. Dealing with extremely challenging behaviours. The hardest part of the job is dealing with extreme mood swings. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the patients gain confidence when completing a task they have not done before. All the co-workers I work with are totally supportive of each other.
Pros
Shift Patterns
Cons
Long Hours
Left to struggle on your own
Mental Health/Autism Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bolton26 May 2014
Absolutely fantastic colleagues but no support whatsoever from management or exterior sources (O.T/Psychiatry etc)
Left to deal with extremely challenging physical behaviour while understaffed and under trained
Poor organisation and poorer staff treatment
Pros
Only work 3 or 4 days a week
Cons
Long hours, no support