Arvato Employee Reviews

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 1,429 reviews
Fantastic
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 March 2019
I enjoyed every second of working for the family run company Arvato, I extremely enjoyed being apart of such a warm and welcoming work environment. I also enjoyed the feedback given by my teamleader as it motivated me to work faster and more efficiently.
Amazing Company
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London8 March 2019
Great company
Worked there for 15 years before they relocated to Glasgow.
Management excellent, staff moral high
Wages and bonus good
Amazing holiday allowance and excellent company benefit
Long hours minimal pay
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Field based31 January 2019
Targets are set that you have to work a minimum 12 hour day.
Poor management and no support.
Poor training and no support from the office.
No work life balance and not updated on your bonus until end of month
Pros
Cons
Long hours minimal pay
Avoid this place like the plague
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evesham, Worcestershire26 January 2019
Management are absolutely awful, they promise you the earth but give you nothing, they treat the drivers like they delivering parcels for Amazon when it’s important medical equipment that’s needed urgently but aren’t bothered if you fail timed deliveries, any chance they get to kick you in the teeth they will, a great loss when arvato took over the original company, I was there over 5yrs before I had a manual handling course, the boss is as dodgy as they come !! What once was a great company to work for soon went down hill , such a shame, glad I got out of there, if they offered me £50k a year I wouldn’t go back !!
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, no training, no organisation, no breaks, poor pay
Don't care about employees or customers, only money
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire13 January 2019
I can only speak for where I worked in Warwick, but whilst the managers we worked with day to day were nice people, they seemed bound by a system which cared little to nothing for the people or customers, only how many calls you could answer in a given time.

Average handling time is the only figure they care about, as long as you aren't actively failing calls or breaching data protection. They would rather have someone who scores middle to low on quality with super low average handling time than someone with outstanding quality times with a higher handling time.

They also tried to trick people into accepting "annualised hours" as a flexible deal, and promised we could come off of annualised hours whenever we liked, both of which were lies. You were stuck doing this, and even with medical proof that the hours were detrimental to my health, I was told my contract could not be amended. Apparently damage to your health is not a reason for a contract change.

You're expected to come in early, set up in your own time and only be paid for when you're actively taking calls. Taking more than 10 minutes away from your screen outside of scheduled breaks was reason for disciplinary.

Promises of progression were made but never delivered upon, maybe one or two people were offered progression in the time I was there, for others there was always a reason why you "weren't worthy", regardless of true ability.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else.
Good
Payroll & Employee Services Administrator (SAP) (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea8 January 2019
Fantastic company - Friendly staff and well managed. fab great amazing fabulous- lovely company who understand that life happens and will help in anyway when needed
Poor management
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 December 2018
Promotes bullying, sexist attitudes, happy to discipline individuals who have periods of absences caused by excessive workloads when they have asked for either reduced hours or set hours rather than rotating shift hours in order to deal with tumours. In addition to that, poor wages.
Pros
Some of the older staff are great
Cons
Everything else.
Not proffessional in any way
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Slough9 November 2018
Bad un-proffessional management. Bad practice abounds here. They will hire anybody it seems. the managers are given free reign to act how they want. Ebarassingly bad customer service is given by semi litterate employees.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Shift work
Productive and hard working
customer support manager (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire6 November 2018
A typical day of managing customers concerns and planning your work correctly benefits you. If you are struggling at any point and talk to your team managers and they are willing to help and will support you.

This work place is fast paced, but the quality you need to provide is very high, and if you're a hard, dedicated member of staff this job can be easy, your progression within the company is good, and opportunities come around quite often.

They are a family on the platform and work well as a team for advice and opportunities. The knowledge you gain for the Motor industry and the training provided is one of the best.
Pros
Progression, Free coffee, Breaks and lunches, management
Cons
work until 6pm, very formal, some processes need changing.
High level of nepotism and your not employed by Renault
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watford30 October 2018
You actually work for a third party AVARTO, who have a contract with Renault - the major issue with this is that the targets are ridiculous. Your warned not to talk to Renault Employee on pain of being sacked and even if you know who you need to talk to in Renault, the hierarchy that be will not let you, only the Avarto managers, who sit and chat , drink coffee, go on cigarette breaks and then yell when there is a a call waiting. Its a really oppressive place to work, and their staff retention is appalling and this ie reflected in the salary which is slightly more, but thats because they can't keep the staff, Also your sold this great interactive website for all your need - that does not work either, Little support and lots of criticism. There is equally no chance of progression , as you don't work work for Renault.
Pros
25K salary
Cons
Management.Systems, processes
Just dont
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire23 September 2018
Worst management i have ever worked for, talk to there employees on large occassions in a "bullying" way, overtime is in banked hours and give you little or no notice to participate,a soul destroying place to work ,if there having a bad day then so are you, staff turnover is on average id say 50 people every 3 months, i would avoid this place at all costs.
Pros
Workmates.
Cons
Management from top to bottom clueless.
just dont waste your time f your looking for somewhere serious
Customer Service Adviser- Campaign ZARA.COM (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate15 September 2018
just dont.

you get into work, your manager is horrible and doesn't care about your actual well being they just want you to do our job and go.
nothing more nothing less... toxic environment.
makes slavery seem okay
Collections advisor (Current Employee) –  Hellesdon South East1 August 2018
nothing much to say other than

.high turnover
.bad managment
.slow systems
.poor training
.no sick pay
.prepare to be saked if off unwell once
.not enough floorwalkers for high level of new starts
.half the office not wearing dress code but only certain people sent home to change just to make time back
Pros
leaving
Cons
starting
Terrible workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 July 2018
Horribly run workplace, absolutely no chance for progression unless you’re friendly with those above you. They make the job seem like a wonderful opportunity but as soon as you get in the door everything turns sour with constant false promises being made.

Typical call centre environment in all honesty you could find a better place to work
Pros
People, Long Lunch Break
Cons
Management, Job Role, Job Security, Lack Of Progression
Worst management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 July 2018
It use to be a interesting place to work.Shame that all good people were forced to leave.If you don't want to be disapointed just avoid this warehouse as much as you can.Nobody care about your private life and work hours are just unsocial when and how they decide.Lack of respect from everybody starting with team leader and going into management,it is also lack of experience.Im just talking about Uniqlo not others site of the warehouse.You can hear swerring manager,that is not professional at all.Every 5 minute rules are changing depending on their mood.Actuals team leader have not clue of what to do at any time,supervisor better not asking questions as they will just look around for help,manager worst.So many good workers had been sacked just becose no reasons (maybe not enough pleasant for them).
Pros
Used to be a good place to work for.
Cons
Lack of respect, lack of communication, money not a big deal, bad organisation.
Lack Of support
Customer Service Advisor and pay out support (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire14 July 2018
A typical work day is remaining at your desk until breaks and lunch bathroom breaks no encouraged.Training was very good, prepared us for what to expect however using the computer system was difficult as was taught using printed screen shots. Management is appalling and are reluctant to help even when requested by customer, also do not correct mistakes in a respectful way but rather in an shaming manner. Upset customers can be very the hardest part and verbal abuse can be a part of that. most enjoyably part is the colleagues they are light heart friendly and helpful.
Pros
frequency of positions
Cons
managment syle
normal job
CUSTOMER SERVICES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Warwick3 July 2018
Its a very friendly workplace with very warming colleagues. Management team are very helpful and full of energy. Very good training provided before going live to the phones.
work life balance ok. the rest is not so good
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Guetersloh29 June 2018
It is notable to say that this is a big company with thousands of employees and several locations in different countries. So the following words might not be relevant for all locations.
After a few years at this company I have seen some good things, however, in general there are more negative things to say about this company.
Work life balance is okay. No extra hours required. Lunch restaurant at most of the locations.
Management is not good. Sometimes you are not treated like a member of the company and rather like someone from outside who they do not want there. The managment does not care about your opinion even if you only try to help and to improve the performance. Getting promoted is quite difficult. If you ask for a promotion they will keep telling you for years that you have opportunities etc. just to keep you motivated.
Pros
lunch restaurant
Cons
Management really bad
Poor Company
Membership Secretary/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Twickenham28 May 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. I worked for this company for 9 years, initially for the Proton account, but when then ended I moved to CLT (Cyclists Touring Club). I worked as a call centre agent; all calls were recorded, each week 3 of your worst calls were selected, I was forced to listen to them by my manager, who would then pull them apart. Staff were as good as their worst call. I was made redundant from this company, but looking back it was a blessing in disguise. My line manager at the time was Tim Boden, who now works directly for CLT. I would never work for CLT or Arvator and would not recommend it to my worst enemy!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, paltry pay, no incentives
Poor company with poor management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London16 May 2018
Disorganised company with a lack of understanding of how to operate successfully.
Senior management does not engage at all with staff who operate the business on a day-to-day basis.