Arup Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Assistant Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 March 2019
Arup is a good company to work for, and they have a strong ethically driven working environment, there is a lot of flexibility for individuals to set up their work life balance to suit. One area Arup could be more fluid on is role definitions. They stick to very rigid descriptions that if a role dosn't quite fall into Arup management struggle to accommodate it in terms of career progression.
Pros
Profit share twice a year, cycle to work, office sponsored social outings
Cons
Can be long hours depending on the project.
Productive and fun workplace'
Team Coordinator (ATR) (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2019
Busy most days
I learned so much in areas of my work duties
Management is poor needs upgrading her skills and management with people
A mixed culture
There was no part of the job hard
Talking to staff assisting and supporting in all areas requested
Pros
Free fruit and cakes weekly in the adternoons
Cons
Long hours no flexi
Great Learning Opportunities
Student Fire Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 November 2018
Throughout a four week placement I experienced a great deal of exposure to the Fire Engineering Industry. Despite having no prior industry experience the team I worked with were supportive and gave me a great deal of experience working with clients, fire engineering softwares and calculations and technical reports. The work culture at Arup was fantastic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people in Arup, everyone was so welcoming, supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Supportive Environment and Welcoming Staff
Cons
Short work placement
Great culture and leadership
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2018
Respectful and collaborative culture promoting openness and knowledge sharing.
Innovation are in a forefront of the business strategy. Dedication is always rewarded and highly appreciated.
Work exp placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
Very useful and accommodating. Worked on international projects and found it very interesting. All the staff were friendly and happy to help me out when I was there.
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
Good place to work if your willing to work in a place that will expect you to take on work that your haven't done before and improve the processes and procedures
Pros
near a tube station
Average
Advance technolgy and research, Quantity surveying (Former Employee) –  Shirley29 May 2018
Was only here for one week work experience so can't really have a strong opinion. Although when I was there, all of the staff were helpful and it's a fun place to work.
Experience
Assistant Site Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2018
I have gained various complimentary skills in Facility Management. I have also acquired skills from working as a repairs officer whilst using Concept and Condeco Systems, to log in data, prepare documents according to the organisation set procedures, and guide lines. This has equipped me to be a highly Professional individual with clear communication skills and the ability to facilitate the completion of a project while ensuring that standards and specifications guidelines are met in order to communicate effectively, and in return generate maximum investment returns with collaborations with the managerial team / project team.
As a Facility Project Administrator / Coordinator, I am actively involved in all key areas of Facility Management within development, maintenance and repairs, with an eye to details in all arrears of Facility issues. I am responsible for implementing the organisational and PMO procedures. Also reviewing contracts and putting new strategies in place. Also in charge of contracting and subcontracting renovation and extension projects. Including monitoring the works to align with the management schedules.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Productive place with interesting projects around the world
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  London9 May 2018
Productive place with interesting projects around the world
Polite work environment
Creative environment
Relatively flat organization
Company culture
hard working
trainee electrical engineer in the MEP department (Former Employee) –  cardiff1 May 2018
peaks and troughs in work load. Goes from large amounts of work to almost nothing to do. Could be managed better. Lack of guidance from senior staff as they are too busy. Good opportunities if you are in the right place at the right time.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  London19 December 2017
Clear processes and procedures.
Clear management style and structure.
Working culture that promotes teamwork, information sharing.
Experienced and skilled co-workers. Good learning environment.
Nice place to work
3D/2D CAD Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  13 Fitzroy Street London. W1T 4BQ. United Kingdom8 November 2017
The company as a whole is very nice to work for with nice people and offices.
The project (Crossrail Bond Street) had many contract problems which caused much of the of the problems the staff and managers faced on a day to day basis.
Great work environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  London29 September 2017
Ambiance is conducive to productivity. Support is abundant when required. Staff are genial and helpful. Facilities are exquisite ranging from a well stocked library to printing and binding services.
Great company to work for
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Fitzroy Street, London25 June 2017
I started my training at Arup, they are a great company to work for as they help and support further education while you work. I started here after leaving college and completed numerous higher education diplomas and courses while working.

I was a CAD technican and would use marked up drawings and create 2D and 3D layouts using autocad/microstation/inroads.

The staff here were always friendly and willing to help if i had questions. A big bonus was every week a lunchtime talk would be held to teach us about various jobs that were going on within the company. Lunch would also be provided.
Pros
free lunches at talks, work parties, bonus's
Cons
long hours sometimes
Huge company and exciting projects
Technician (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 April 2017
Great company and every day you're doing something new. Lots of exciting projects across offices and an excellent networking company who are only growing in size.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Less competitive salary
Positive working enviroment
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road Station29 March 2017
I was only there for a two week work placement so fill I am unable to fully comment on ARUP. However, from my time there the staff were friendly and welcoming, I dealt with company Directors who were pleasant to speak to.
Fantastic business.
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2017
One of the best consultancies to work with. Extremely professional and genuine experts in their field of work. With projects spanning the globe, there are opportunities for everyone.
Pros
Professional culture.
Cons
none.
Very Experienced company
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 January 2017
Arup is a good structured company with the tools to develop your career. Employees are offered training programs to continue development.
The work is very interesting always new project.
The company has many social groups to join.
Great place to work. Good team spirit
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 December 2016
Great place to work. Good team spirit. Good location and management. good opportunity to move higher in career path.
The managers was really cooperative and good working spirit
Great atmosphere, driven and intelligent coworkers
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Winchester14 August 2016
A typical day will consist of desk work, looking through architects drawings, modelling in 3D computer packages to determine the suitability of structural designs and hand calculations.

Management are very friendly, knowledgeable and approachable.

The hardest part of my work is the number of new things that need to be learned, however, this is likely to slow as I progress through my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arup. Our community is ready to answer.