Arun District Council Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
extremly busy
Recovery / Sundry Debts Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton West Sussex4 September 2015
running two sections in totally different legislations
in the recovery of Council Tax arrears and Housing Benefit & Sundry debts
I deal with all the difficult cases, obtaining 2nd charges .
All the court preparation for Magistrates in obtaining liability orders and attending County Court for various reasons in disputes, and charging Orders
currently in the process of rewriting procedures for the implementation of a new debtors system.

the hardest part of my Job is the wearing of 2 hats and the conflict of debtors that owe on both council tax and benefit and how to make arrangements where both sections get a bit of the cherry.
Pros
pension
Cons
stress
Gained great experience
Assistant Coastal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton24 July 2014
Working at Arun District Council was an enjoyable and fantastic learning opportunity between my 2nd and 3rd years at University.

I learnt how to operate effective and cohesively within an office environment, performing a variety of different tasks.

I enjoyed all my time there as the work environment was fantastic, colleagues very accommodating and the work itself was challenging yet achievable.
great place to work
Sundry Debts team Leader (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton, ENG17 March 2014
working for arun is good the salary is ok and the benefits ok i enjoy working here
Typical week
Planning Policy Assistant / GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sussex3 February 2013
Constant flow of work inc: mapping, local plan administrative tasks, website content management, arranging meetings etc, policy writing.

Have learnt a great deal of what is involved in local plan preparation as new local plan has been written from scratch by the new policy team that I am part of. Also have learnt more about the workings of local government, time and project management.

Management could be better, high turn over of staff and very difficult to progress up career ladder.

There is a large number of local people in the office made up of mainly middle-aged married women with families. The general culture is very parochial and conservative.
Pros
relaxed but constant flow of work. contract until 2014.
Cons
very in-word looking culture with poor top management.