Artisan Employee Reviews

Pretension
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Abingdon5 September 2019
Very boring and and clicky company , head in the clouds hipsters with too much quinoa and avocados , not a company for a real chef with ideas of their own .
fun workplace
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Had great fun here, I learnt a lot during my time working here, we normally did a lot of work during a day but it goes fast because you'd enjoy doing it, a lot of laughs in this workplace and it is a strong team
Apprentice
Architectural Joiner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne26 March 2018
My Job at artisan was extremely fun and built my character alot of the 2-3 years working there. as it is such a small company i had a few problems progressing my learning as we had to get our commitments to customers all sorted and finalised in our given time frame this meant i didnt get to do as much as i was capable of doing in my given time and put a hold on my learning for some time. i brought my issue up with my employer several times and they didnt seem to understand.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Horsham8 July 2017
I was mainly a waitress at Artisan, my main jobs were: serving tables, making coffees, cleaning (dishes, tables, equipment) I learned creative skills such as how to make an arty coffee. The management was good, they were flexible and lenient, treated the employees very well. The culture of the workplace was very friendly and fun. The hardest part was on busy days making sure everyone had their order as quickly as possible. The best part was the environment, i enjoyed my job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks (15 minutes when working 8 hours)
Great place
Assistant Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 June 2017
Good training, everyone is great to work with. Lots of perks, management is very flexible. Overall great place to work if you are looking to gain some customer experience
Pros
Discount, Tips
Factory worker, packer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire23 May 2017
this factory all ready close not working anymore so i think no point to write about this. But that was not so bad place only owner was very angry and not nice whit people.
Stay away from this Agency!!!!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds22 October 2016
Do not work for Artisan,they promise you the earth & dont deliver!They lack in customer care skills,& the shocking truth is you will work but wont get Paid!Slave labour!Stay well away bcos they ignore your emails & calls.when your chasing your pay its shocking!!!They should be reported to watchdog!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!Especially not getting Paid!!!!
Exciting
Apprentice Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Watford30 August 2016
Hairdressing is my trade which is always great

I have my NVQ level 1 & 2 within hairdressing

I really enjoy hairdressing and still continue to do some outside of work.

Hardest part of the job-

Really busy pace and long hours

The Most Enjoyable part of the job-

Working closely with Clients and creating relationships

Creativity

Always being free within your work and creating styles to please clients.
Pros
creativity
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield11 May 2016
I enjoyed my time working for artisan during the busy period, selling lots of perfume by helping last minute shoppers (customers). Making sure they are happy and satisfied with the service delivered. It was hard as I was on my feet for 8 hours but I did enjoy it.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
agency work
productive and rewarding work place
Fibre Optics Plumber (Former Employee) –  Manchester (Ancoats)26 October 2014
A typical day at artisan was to gather jobs of maintenance required and hand them out to my colleagues.
At Artisan I learnt how to supervise staff and organise work for a week period at a time i found this was a fantastic opportunity to learn new management skills.
I had a fantastic relationship with my managers.
The hardest part of my job was the realisation of redundancy approaching once the contract finished.
The fantastic relationship between everyone employed there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
job security
working as a team
Chef (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG5 June 2014
team building getting to know your staff what they like what they do in there spair time bulding something with a few materials see how we comunicaite and get on together
Pros
discount on meals