Artisan People

Artisan People Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews
I worked for artisan people from November 2018- January 2019. They would message you the day before asking you to do a shift. Pressure you to do as many shifts as you can. One time my child was unwell and I phoned in the morning the receptionist was rude and told me to call back. When I called back I couldn’t get through to anyone so I left a text. On my next shift one of the staff was being rude and telling me I can’t just cancel on them as it’s a busy time. I was outraged as my child was sick. I was waiting for my next shift it never came. Then I had an email a few months later with my P45. I didn’t even know I had been dismissed. So so unprofessional
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Continuous pressure
Worst job ever, they promising full time and lots of hours but giving just one shift a week or two shifts a months, plus they charge for ID PASS ABOUT 300 £ !! you have to pay for everything. they cancel your shifts one hour before work or calling you 1 hour asking can you come to work! horrible! carefull with this agency! they are cheating as f****!
Pros
don`t go
Cons
there
Management had favourites and I felt like it was about of a racist company they always critized staff and when I joined another agency they took it personally. They do not respect employees even when you work so hard they shout and are abusive to certain staff members and favourite who they give shifts to..HORRIBLE MANAGMENT
Pros
Salary
Cons
Managers and CEOS
I am currently working for Artisan, started in August 2019. I was given a shift immediately the day after my interview, and I was very happy about it. In the beginning, you have to prove yourself, take last-minute shifts, do not cancel, answer the texts promptly, just prove you are a reliable employee. I succeeded at this and since then I have been working 5 days a week with them, with a few brands that I request. I have a few locations that I work on, so I do not need to travel to new places every time. I usually do not cancel shifts, but the few times it has happened, they have always been understandable and polite, did not cancel my other bookings or anything. They give me shifts for the next month in advance so I can choose the days I want to work. Sometimes there are changes, but it is just the essence of the job, it's not the agency's fault the positions is dynamic and there are lots of last-minute changes. Never had problems with the payment either.

Just like any other job, you have to be professional and disciplined. I work hard, I am never late, I reach my targets and I provide excellent customer service and this is not left unnoticed by Artisan, nor by the managers, I work with. I am treated with respect. I have also collected numerous written recommendations which can be used as a portfolio in further interviews.

I am happy to be working with them.
If you are willing to work hard you are given support by a great team in return as well as a competitive salary and training. Diverse placements and workforce.
Shocking money hungry company who only care about their own income. The companies they represent soon realise the same and soon drop them just like their employees- who call and beg for work / payment which they rarely receive. Honestly take my advice, avoid at all costs or you will soon regret it
Really good company to work for, the management is great and always ready to help. The area manager is amazing and such lovely person, she puts her employees first and make sure they all fine.
Also a great job for students as you get to take time off if needed. Good opportunity to work for big brands and to start in the beauty industry.
The management are very unprofessional, remove shifts without notice and constant calls when they need shifts covered and if you say no they will not book you for a lo time
While the work is easy, I would never recommend this company to a friend. The management team is all talk to get their commission and once they get it you become nothing to them. I was begged to be on this one brand and project after saying no 3x due to accepting another job offer. Since they were so persuasive and were willing to work with my schedule, I agreed to try it out. Initially, I was really happy to work for the company. Since they liked me so much, I was given 3 different proposals for a specialized position. I would accept. Then, they would make up an excuse saying that they needed to work some things out and would come up with another contract/description of the job. But, on 3 different and separate occasions the proposal would be rescinded and an excuse would be made. It was extremely strange and unprofessional.

The management team went from accomodating and friendly to not answer me at all. Look, it´s all about being professional and straightforward. It was unprofessional and I was treated really badly in the end. These people just want their commission, but don´t expect them to be professional and treat you well.
The job itself is not hard, its the team who give out your shifts. you have like 4 managers and they are so rude and you get a million texts from them. they cancel on you but if you can't make a shift they bite your head off!
They cancel on you on the day, They promise bonus which you do not get. When you attend training or a new launch you don’t get paid for it -instead they promise you a bottle of Fragrance which you never get . I left the company. Joined again and still no change . They still owe
Me 3 bottles of fragrance. They book 2 people on and send you home on the day for their mistakes . I would not recommend anyone working for this company . The pay is good but they make false promises on bonus and insentives

They are not reasonable
Only been working for them since Oct. Lovely management staff, easy to use timesheets, plenty work available. Hopefully more work on the horizon in the future
I enjoyed every bit of working with artisan people but just something there won’t be shifts. Favorite part about working with them is I get a variety of experience and loved playing and learning more about m
Terrible staff bullying disrespect I lost a family member they gave me no more shifts cancelled my days truly terrible worst company I've ever worked for.

Treated like a slave bullying was truly apparent.

Should be closed down
I do not recommend working for this agency,
They will give you bookings but then say your booking is cancelled. but you come to find out that they have given your booking to one of their favourite members of staff.

They are very rude and unprofessional, please avoid.
They have alot of shifts if you need more working days also the managers are so nice only paying 9 or 10 per pounds like most of the agency but other than the payment it's really good agency
Avoid at all cost, Terrible management and has a very staff are numbers mentality. They will waste your time cancel shifts without notice and not even give a reason disgusting practice in business.
Very nice company to work for especially if you need flexibility. Lots of luxury brand training available and paid holiday. Management when I started has been good until this year August when there has been a change in management.
i was impressed with this employer and they were good and supportive to staff including those who working part tie. even with 0hr contract they have enough hours.
Een zeer belangrijk gemeenschap
Een productieve werk met veranderingen
Pros
Gratis ontwikkelĺ
Artisan is great at providing you flexible shifts. You get to be very transferrable with your schools. The management is very friendly, engaging and good at communicating.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Artisan People. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9