Artisan People Employee Reviews

Flexible and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2019
Artisan is great at providing you flexible shifts. You get to be very transferrable with your schools. The management is very friendly, engaging and good at communicating.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 May 2019
Thoroughly enjoy working for Artisan. Managers are always supportive and great communication! There are all different points of contact but as long as you are clear on who to contact they are very efficient.
Pros
Room to progress
Cons
Quieter at certain times of year
Nice workplace
Freelance Makeup Artist / Beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  London13 May 2019
Having the opportunity to work with different beauty brands and in different department stores is what I like the most about this job! The management are very nice and friendly.
Pros
Good pay
Very good
Make-up Artist Selfridges (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2019
Very good company! They pay at time and you can have 5/5 days to work
Good Communication
Well paid, always on time
Nice stuff
Very Professional company
great work life balance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 April 2019
Artisan has a good adaptability system and provides great appreciation to their outstanding employees, with an increase in salary if there is a need for travel. They also have an easy access to management for any queries or issues faced.
Nothing special.
SALES/FRAGRANCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bank4 April 2019
Sales work, always hitting targets and they don't appreciate your value if you do add value like I did you will still be treated standardly. Best in the force with no commission or benefits.
Pros
Cons
Arrogant Management
liars
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London2 February 2019
horrible, rude, arogant management. ones i got sick and they were shouting to me that i must to go to work becos they dont have a person to replaced me.
Cons
liars
Great people and solid work ethic
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road22 January 2019
I loved working for this agency.

Wonderful pastoral care if you have any concern they approach it manner that is both professional and warm. Lots of opportunities for further progession and alot of training.

If you want the work you will get the work. Like anything in life , you get what you give so if your willing to work you will be looked after.

Highly recommend working for this agency !
Very good agency!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  London22 January 2019
I really enjoyed working for Artisan. It' a a great opportunity for makeup artists to gain experience, working for high end brands in the best department stores in London.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Next time you want to use an agency look at one that isn't rated TWO STARS!
Museum Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2018
They've withheld my holiday pay. I'm not going to be paid till after the first week of January and then I'm going to be taxed more because they fancied a break!

I never received a contract.

Unlike other agencies they use loopholes in the law for their own financial gain at our cost.

Look for another agency before you think of using this one.
Cons
Bad management.
Fun Environment
Agency Temp (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2018
okay agency but poor management. you get to gain luxury retail experience in department stores
hard to actually get a significant amount of shifts due to the managers keep quiting
Pros
got to work with a range of brands
Cons
long hours and late finishes
Terrible avoid at all costs
Makeup advisor (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire1 November 2018
I wprked for artisan for two months as a make up advisor in that time shifts were cancelled on me i was underpayed. I was treat like rubbish in one department store and they refused to sign my sheet. Artisan terminated my employment without giving me any notice and have left me wageless and jobless in the run up to christmas they are ignoring my phone calls and emails. Do not work for this company!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Week pay if they decide to pay you
Cons
Long hours, poor management being underpayed
Compatible with Self Employed
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  London5 July 2018
The good thing that you decide when you work, the bad that you do not take any kind of commission, and that communication is via email, sometimes there are misunderstandings, and some week you do not have as much work as you wish.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 April 2018
Typical day included working on either makeup or fragrance counters in department stores. I had to interact with a lot of people which were mainly customers, give them advice and help them apply or purchase products.
Pros
weekly pay, meeting new people constantly
Cons
Not having set shifts, shifts not always available
Ever changing environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 April 2018
It can be a nice place to work, particularly for people who like often changing an environment. During the busy periods of the year normally there is a high demand for employees, however, during the down season it is much less stable and the number of the shifts can drop significantly.

It's a good job for arts people or students in need of extra money.
Pros
flexible work times
Cons
not stable
The worst agency I have ever worked for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 January 2018
Steer clear of this company.

They promise you the world in the interview process but they cannot deliver a fraction of it.
Unorganized and petty bookers and even worse management,
They will hire anyone and proudly call them ‘luxury temps’ which is a joke. Now I get it why managers will look differently at you when you say you work for Artisan People (their bad rep precedes them)

Horrible grooming standards, lateness and temps who don’t take things seriously seems to be the norm around here and be placed into the pound amidst these types definitely is a terrible move for your career.
The team is rude and unprofessional and makes the whole experience appalling. Time wasters and Amanda is the worst.

Avoid.
Pros
Cons
not getting paid on time. very low pay, unprofessional office and bad rep.
Good workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 January 2018
Had a good time when working with them and I was able to work with big brands which made me experience new surroundings and have fun working with new people
Pros
Working with different top brands
Cons
good work but you dont get paid
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Various10 January 2018
the work is good, you sell products, you make sales, you make customers happy but at the end of the week you don't get paid because of 'issues.' I did learn how to talk to people confidently and how to sell but no one can really help you to get paid on time. The workplace is nice and clean, colleagues are nice to you but there are some that don't like you and treat you like nothing. Hardest part of the job is probably standing for long hours but think you need to work hard to get in return the same amount. The most enjoyable part of the job, is making customers happy, making colleagues as new friends and showing how confident you can be to anyone. Plus, you only work 0-3 days in a week, most likely you will work 3 days and then they wont call you for a very very long time.
Pros
you get to have a 30 minute to 1 hour lunch
Cons
Long hours - your feet will start hurting, you dont get paid for lunch and you probably wont get paid at all due to "issues."
Lack professionalism
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London14 November 2017
Members of staff at the office constantly giving out wrong shifts. Not picking up calls in emergencies.
Giving plenty of advice on how to work but never taking any of your needs into consideration. Unbothered attitude when you make a complaint. Overall worst agency I have ever worked for.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not bothered attitude
Terrible Management
Temp (Former Employee) –  London20 August 2017
Total lack of management
Friendly colleagues but unprofessional and petty office environment, inappropriate language used all the time
No opportunity to advance
Dismissal without notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Artisan People. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9