Arriva Trains Wales Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bardzo dobra
sprzedawca-kasjer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff28 August 2017
Praca,ktora obecnie wykonuje jest satysfakcjonujaca finasowo i zawodowo.Mozliwosci rozwoju sa ograniczone ze wzgledu na panujaca konkurencje,ktora podnosi jakosc pracy w firmie.Kadra zarzadzajaca jest na najwyzszym poziomie i nie moge miec zastrzezen przez okres 5 lat wobec niej.Kultura miejsca pracy jest rowniez na wysokim poziomie bez zbednych niejasnosci.Najtrudniejsza czescia swojej pracy zaliczylbym dalekie trasy,ale w kazdej pracy nie ma lekko ;) Najprzyjemniejsza czescia mojej pracy jest moment jej skonczenia :) a tak serio to mozliwosc pracy z ludzmi(pasazerami)bo dzieki temu uksztaƂtowalem swoja osobowosc stajac sie przy tym czlowiekiem cierpliwym i otwartym na nowe wyzwania.Mimo tylu plusow mojej obecnej pracy chcialbym ja zamienic na prace w Polsce poniewaz tesknie juz za Ojczyzna i chcialbym sie jak najszybciej do niej wrocic.
Customer Relation Advisor - Dates (Former Employee) –  cardiff21 August 2017
A great place to work, a very good balance between work and private life. The salary matched the job duties.
Great work environment, friendly colleagues, and a very professional work ethic.
Very good company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff21 September 2016
Good. Company to work for, very good benefits package Inc free travel, exhalent HR department that happy to help with anything,. Would recommend this company..
Pros
Free travel
Demanding
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newport3 March 2016
This is a very demanding position which covers all aspects of customer care skills. Day to day - running a train station solely, selling a vast array of ticket types, stock ordering, cash and credit card balancing, passenger assistance (wheelchairs, deaf and visually impaired passengers), ensuring their safety at all times.
Managing the safety of the station, gritting and salting in the winter months, clearing snow from the platforms and bridges, general cleaning and up keep of the station and its grounds.
Always on high alert for danger, ie, failed trains, line closures and suicides. Dealing with complaints from irate customers and having to placate and deflect from anger and abusive passengers.
Pros
Free Travel within Arriva
Cons
Unsociable hours
Each day is different
Delay Investigation Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff21 November 2015
I work in a good environment every day, based in a control room on the railways. One half of my role is based on providing evidence and proof to decide who has delayed the services, the other half is auditing trains, schedules and budget minutes to ensure we only pay for what we have caused.

Any debates/disputes that cannot be decided on shift will go to Level 2, which means we have more time, more resources with fewer interruptions to gather all the required evidence. We are only a small team of 3 and we each take Level 1 & 2 in rotation over 3 weeks.

The beauty of our role is finding the proof which then enables us to hammer home the answer to the debate without fear of contradiction, and in doing so we highlight individuals that have been less than cooperative or have provided inexactitudes in a bid to throw us off the scent. The more we dig, the more we expose and we eventually find the answer to the debate (dispute). We are running at 78% success on arguing the disputes.
Pros
Free Travel on Arriva Group Services
Cons
No management backing
Gerald
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS6 November 2014
I work 5 days on 9 days off, whilst on duty Iam based in North Wales in Rhyl. I work from 06:00 am to 21:00, cooking and providing breakfast on the south bound express service to first class and standard passengers. I go shopping in and around Cardiff then I take shopping back to Canton depot and the train where I prepare any food from our welsh menus that I will need for the evening north bound dinner service. Also Managing and directing 2 stewards and making sure the restaurant layout is also ready for dinner service.
* I have learned quite a lot during my 5 years working on the railway from very close working relations with staff, to helping in other areas not specifically in my job description : helping customers on and off the train giving directions and any useful information has given me a greater different knowledge of the public outside the confines of the kitchen workplace,its also great to interact with the passengers and not just cook for them.
*I see a lot of the Arriva management team and its great to interact with them to get there views and good advice, this has helped me a great deal over the years especially my early working years.
*Team work is a big aspect of this job as we work long hours so we,ve got to bring out the best in each other when the need arises and weve got a fantastic bonding not just in the work practise but in some cases for life.
*The hardest part of my job at the moment is working long shifts 16/18hours a day over 5 days takes it toll, also the train/buffet car breaking down can be soul destroying its bad for us staff but I feel
  more... more sorry for the passengers that can be frustrating.
* I enjoy my job giving the public a great food and travel experience on Gerald its very satisfying when they return time and time again.
Pros
Good wages, holidays, good working enviroment, long term employment
Cons
long hours, away from my family