Arriva Southern Counties Employee Reviews

fun and challenging
Driver, driving instructor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey12 September 2018
good environment to work. go to work doing what you were trained to do and then come home .Fellow colleagues are friendly and accommodating. good scope for over time if wanted. Professional people doing a professional career.
Pros
free bus travell for spouse and your children
Cons
shift work not family orientated
You have to be the right sort of person .
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 April 2018
The job it's self is ok . It's everything else that goes with it. Slow buses rubbish pay.the shifts are everything from 4.30 starts to 12.30 midnight finishes . You don't get a life and never see your family.
Pros
Good people that work there. Free transport
Cons
Long hours low pay rubbish buses
Monkey business
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex3 February 2018
The best part of the day is when I actually am out there with the bus picking up the customer. I still love this job because of the interaction with many many great people that recognise what I do, plus, the hand full of Drivers that really have a positive a polite attitude among the staff in the Southend-on Sea garage.
All the rest is a struggle with filthy busses that only get clean every 6 months (only floors get mopped at night), majority of drivers that have poor or no manner, duty management that make favouritism and operation manager that keeps changing every 3 months.
I do only hope that the right people at Arriva would seriously investigate this "filthy pond" full of fat fish that have just about ruined everything
Pros
passengers and some drivers
Cons
Internal politics at this depot
Harder than people assume
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey30 January 2018
Driving isn't for everyone and being a bus driver with Arriva means that, at times you can be behind the wheel for up to five and a half hours before you get a break. I work a four day shift pattern which means days being over twelve hours in work and driving in rush hour traffic in populated areas such as Guildford, Woking and Camberley. On the plus side of working a four day week shift pattern, I quite often get 6 rest days together (much needed!!)
Passengers can often be rude and obnoxious
Pros
Pay is quite good
Cons
Long hours, rush hour traffic, rude passengers
Enjoyable
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent28 December 2017
I really enjoyed working for Arriva. Not only was it a less hectik schedule than centrral London, it was a very friendly garage. I made some good friends and always enjoyed my work day.
working day
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey21 November 2017
fast paste working environment running scheduled service and managing 140+ driver 7 days a week 364 days a year. interacting with the public and business like the university of surrey.
Pros
challenaging
Cons
long hours and shift pattten
Enlightening
Facilities and Cleaning Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlow/Ware30 August 2017
Working at Arriva has been challenging but rewarding, getting Depots upto there full potential on Health & Safety and Environmental and hopefully get them through Audits, the Management team that im under are pleasant and trustworthy people but find it a shame that people above them are not quite as pleasant or trustworthy but feel you get this in most Bus related companies. I know that my boss appreciates what I do and I don't expect him to tell me all the time but I just know.
Pros
Free travel
Management a concern
Auto Electrician apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent2 July 2017
Apprenticeship in general is very good. The college you attend is state of the art with reliable and experienced tutors to help you along the way. The management at arriva could do with a few more courses on how to interact with your employees.
its a job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Maidstone9 August 2016
you are only a number so don't expect the best time Maidstone area great place to work passengers are great routes are good
Pros
people
Cons
management
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartford19 June 2014
My duties included driving and also covering holidays doing office work.

Want to know more about Arriva Southern Counties?

Ask a question
A good company to work for.
Travel Clerk (Current Employee) –  Southend on Sea27 May 2014
I like my job, Arriva have always treated me fairly but I need to work more hours a week. I currently do 16 hours a week.
Pros
Free bus travel
Cons
General public complaining about everything and anything.
fun workplace
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, ENG6 February 2014
Long hours and stressful work, but secure, well paid and overtime always available
Pros
secure
Cons
shift work
excellent company to work for
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  maidstone kent2 February 2014
really enjoyed working for arriva. the pay was good. managers were good and the employees worked well as a team.
Pros
good pay