Arnold Clark Employee Review

View all Arnold Clark reviews

It is a hard place to progress in.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City7 November 2017
Arnold Clark is a hard and challenging place to progress in. It offers many roles with an ever changing environment. It's not a bad place to start a career with but there is not much room for progression.
Pros
Plenty of benifits
Cons
Never think about their staff as the equipment is outdate.

Other Arnold Clark Employee Reviews

hard work
car valeter (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire13 October 2018
very hard work washing cars, staff very friendly with the odd one with an attitude. accepted also cultures of life. management was great always giving feed back
Pros
asda across the road for lunch
Cons
hard work
15 October 2018

Hi – Lynne here! Thank you for your review of your time working for Arnold Clark. It seems overall that it was a pleasant experience!

I was happy to hear that you had such a rapport with your colleagues. Having that positive morale is always beneficial to any type of role you may be in. Your only con was hard work, it is a challenging role but I’m happy to hear this didn’t seem to hinder you too much!

Thank you again for getting in touch and I wish you all the best in future.

Arnold Clark - Group Head of People

15 October 2018

Thank you again for getting in touch and I wish you all the best in future.

Arnold Clark - Group Head of People

Poor management style
Car Valeter (Current Employee) –  North West30 September 2018
Very poor place to work...management constanly change the goalposts...overtime never paid correctly...the atitude is its sold its has to go...no matter if its 5 minutes before the end of the shift...salesmen rarely put correct imformation onto delivery systems
..month end is a nightmare
The amount of deliveries never take into account the poor state many cars arrive in
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor conditions
9 October 2018

Hi – Lynne here. Thank you for leaving this review and I’m sorry you’re having a troubling time at the moment.

I was concerned with many of your comments. I take on board your comments regarding long hours, and I know our valet teams have a challenging role as there are strict deadlines to be met. However, while sometimes it’s important to go the extra mile, even if it means staying a bit later, things should run more smoothly than the situation you describe. Please remember our People Team can be contacted in confidence if you have major concerns in your role; we would be more than happy to help.

I really hope you find the right balance soon and things start to improve in your branch.

Arnold Clark Group - Head of People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnold Clark. Our community is ready to answer.