Arnold Clark Employee Review

View all Arnold Clark reviews

It is a hard place to progress in.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City7 November 2017
Arnold Clark is a hard and challenging place to progress in. It offers many roles with an ever changing environment. It's not a bad place to start a career with but there is not much room for progression.
Pros
Plenty of benifits
Cons
Never think about their staff as the equipment is outdate.

Other Arnold Clark Employee Reviews

Good people poor management
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire17 July 2018
The place is ok to work for .. management is a joke nothing done on time and if you had any questions always left to very last minute. Workshop duties are beyond a joke .. everything is expected yesterday .. promises are made and rarely follow through... no extra training . You get 5 targets and if you hit them you are supposed to get a pay rise NEVER HAPPENS you also work until 4:30 pm on a Saturday and don’t get any overtime single time or you can take a day back which you can’t get. Also wouldn’t be surprised if they soon stop the payment of it and force you to take it as a day off
Pros
Staff
Cons
Excessive weekend hours 4:30 pm Saturday no overtime payment
Applied For A Job A Got A Career
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 July 2018
Working in sales there is no typical day, its different every day & you will never deal with the same type of customer one after another. The job can be exciting and rewarding all in one day. The next day could be a nightmare day where anything that can go wrong will go wrong. If you can see past the emotional roller coaster, then like me you will reap the rewards/benefits. Working for Arnold Clark has allowed myself, my partner & my family to be do stuff that just wouldn't have been possible working in my previous job. If you can put in 100% effort, drive, dedication then you will find working for Arnold Clark is an excellent company to work for. As the title states I came for a job interview with Arnold Clark back in 2005, got the job, however what I didn't realise is that I got a career. I started as Salesman back then and I am now a General Manager for the company. The Arnold Clark group is massive and there are so many different paths you can go down with different career opportunities.
Pros
Staff Benefits, Good Pay, Company Car & Most Importantly Flexible Management Team
Cons
Long Hours & 6 Days A Week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnold Clark. Our community is ready to answer.