Army Jobs Employee Reviews

Controlling and Micromanaging
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Yeovil13 May 2018
The army is full of people who would rather see you struggle if it means their superiors are impressed by it. Career progression matters above all, complacency to the job creates a toxic environment. They wonder why people are leaving whilst slashing pay and cutting benefits.
Pros
Opportunity to travel
Cons
Everything else
Job security
HM Armed Forces (Current Employee) –  Esinburgh24 January 2018
Great job security, travel all around the world, good benefits and pension. Subsidised food and accommodation. Free gym. Transferable skills to use in civvy street on retirement.
Leaving due to lack of satisfaction
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire20 January 2018
For me the military is going down hill and fast! Its not what it use to be more of a buisness than an Army now. Everyone is out for themselfs happy to stamp on others. Too many "leaders" are selfish and dont know how.to lead or just cant be bothered to but happy to take the pay!
Pros
salary security
Cons
Abused
Team work , professionalism
Royal Artillery (Current Employee) –  Tidworth13 January 2018
Developing knowledge of working in stressful situations and working successfully as a member and leader of a team.

Working and living with a disciplined stucture. This improved your self as a person and as a soilder.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours, depression
Fun
Army course (Former Employee) –  Liverpool21 November 2017
It was a fun experience, and changed my complete outlook on the army, meeting all sorts of new people and doing so many different fun things, like strength training and fitness training and night exercises and survival skills.
Pros
Cons
Being away from family
The Army was the best thing to happen
HM Forces Staff Car Driver (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom & West Germany16 November 2017
The Army was the best thing to happen, it teaching self discipline, respect, giving confidence and skills which helps thought out your working life.
Days can be long, but you work hard and play hard, watching out for one another, making great friends for life.
Pros
you making great friends for life
Good career
Welsh Guards (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 November 2017
Good career, covering a lot of different tasks, and been taught a lot of skills. some that are useful in civilian life, and some not. There are no set hours or shifts, work can be 24/7.
Pros
Good times
Cons
Not much down time
Career development
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey22 October 2017
Huge variety of interpersonal and professional skills including an array of experience within the UK and overseas.
Great job security, pay and housing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lack of feedom to take Annual Leave
Great Experience
Royal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent11 September 2017
The army was a great experience for me... i went into the Royal Engineers... and although i didnt stay very long due to family circumstances the experience itself was amazing... It made me better as a person and helped me deal with situations under all kinds of pressure
Got to see the world and make a family
Bombardier (Former Employee) –  Hampshire15 July 2017
For all those who like to go to the gym and criticise people,
Great to make friends,
Can make a career here,
Each month is different,
Can make a lot of money on deployment.
Pros
Career
Cons
You won't see your family back home much.
Rewarding
British Army (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 May 2017
Taking part in the army is rewarding because it makes you feel proud to of helped your country and have an in site to see how the soldiers train and how hard they work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long training days
Best life
HM Forces (Former Employee) –  Tidworth28 May 2017
Great to do at some point in your life I would advise it to anyone it will teach you respect loyalty and honour. The friendship are the best you'll ever make.
Pros
Teach you respect and worth
Cons
Leaving with not many options
Work Placement
Army Camping Trip (Former Employee) –  Warcop24 March 2017
very good learnt a lot while camping with college and working with the army. Good to see what it would be like to become a soldier and how they have to live their lives.
Pros
Free Lunch learnt loads
Quick overview
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City2 March 2017
The army is good if you are single. And wanting to have some fun in your life. It has taught me a lot about my self and what I am now capeable off. I have gained valuable life experience.
Army job
Armed Forces (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire1 March 2017
The job just isn't for me anymore I want to explore what I can do. I currently have a child on the way and I want to be with my family and have my life back
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
Long hours and not a good life
My work
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire26 January 2017
In the army it good for making new people and making friends or like having a big family that looks after each other the job we do are to protect and serve the country and other countries. The stuff we do is fitness everyday and do lessons on vehicle and weapons and go on exercise in the field to do some training
Pros
You need to pay for your food
Cons
Sometimes it long hours
Good, active job to have
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire5 January 2017
Was an experience I enjoyed, travelling the world doing my job which I didn't really mind an was happy doing but after a while it just wasn't for me
good for new qualifications
Military (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 January 2017
I really enjoyed my time in the army i did many things there I wouldn't have done otherwise, very hard to get time off, no life outside work only weekends to see loved ones of your lucky you do get holidays however there quite difficult to get in as there are alot of people in your camps.
Pros
cheap accomodation
Cons
no life outside work
Good career
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Warminster, Wiltshire20 December 2016
Good career challenges at time loved working there shame I had too leave due too an injury but looking for a brand new career now on too the next chapter
Fun and exciting workplace.
British Army (Current Employee) –  Belfast7 November 2016
2 years service with a lot of good experience and amazing times, been able to expand my skills as a leader and a work colleague, it has been the best times of my life but I would like to try something new and expand more in other areas.
Pros
Free gym membership