Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Management reviews

Sort it out
Managers need to stop acting like their better than everyone just because of the position they're in. Also when someone is being honest, don't call them a liar and don't shout at them in front of their significant other.
The worst place i have worked
Very poorly managed.
Crew often verbally abused by management
Does not comply with health and safety regulations
Does not comply with food safety regulations

Because this company is on a military base they get away with not follow rule and regs
Pros
50 discount on food from the facility
Cons
Everything else
service advisor
Research and ordering of automotive parts
Serving customers at the sales counter

Offering face to face advise on the stores products

Processing refunds and returns as required in line with company procedures

Ensuring stock levels are maintained

Managing cash and payments in line with company policies

Using the stock management system to locate and move products in and out of the store
Handling customer complaints in a calm manner
Poor company to work for
Depending on which facility you work for overall opinion could be different. Managers were all for themselves and did not have any cares about their employees.
I worked for this company for 22 years
This was the company that molded me to be the great leader that I am today. My husband was in the military and everywhere that he was moved to, I had a job with this company. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to Senior level management. This company was a amazing place of employment.
Pros
Ability to travel
Cons
Dynamic workplace through culture interaction
Typical day starts out with signing in and getting the tasks for the day. Through the 16 years that I have worked with AAFES, I have learned several things from supervision to shift management. Since this was an overseas store, there was definitely a dynamic between the local citizens and the Americans. Even though that interaction was dynamic, it was also the hardest part of the job. Overall, working for AAFES and it's employees and dealing with the US Military, it was enjoyable to see what would come up next from day to day!!
Pros
Flexibility, Ability to travel
Cons
Quality of Employees, Military
No system. Every thing is a panic.
Most of my day was spent assisting customers; explaining the differences they would encounter in England and how to overcome them.

Most people expect to get sales talk not genuine help when they ask for help.

Accept that everyone is different and you can work well together.

Dealing with an elderly lady who had a severe hearing and speech impediment. We got on so well that she would only deal with me.

Being complimented by customers for my efforts and seeing them leave the store with a smile on their face.
Pros
A free and easy atmosphere.
Cons
A management run from Dallas, Texas, who are unaware of the needs of the rest of the world.
Good work for military spouses
This was a great opportunity to meet people of many different cultures. The customer base was mostly American military but there were many occasions when foreign military members used the facility. The management was usually willing to help with problems. I met a lot of good people in my co-workers. Trying to keep customers happy during the holiday season when they felt they had no better option was definitely the hardest part of the job.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
sometimes had to work without breaks
Great customers.
The management of stores are ego driven but with a high turnover you might get a good one. I got emails from managers end the message with "I am the law". They make rules up as they go because no one questions them. If you do you will end your employment thinking (knowing) that no one has the knowedge to challenge. You could get lucky and get the timing right. So try them but beware.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
job depends on egos of management not regulation and law.