Armscare Ltd

Armscare Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
I have worked for arms care for six months now and found it a friendly place to work if I have had any problems management have help me to resolve this.
Pros
Flexible with hours I can work
Cons
Not had any cons
Very rewarding job no two shifts are the same , friendly atmosphere great team work , residents can be challenging but all part of the job , also very rewarding, great team work , can go to management we any problems always there to listen and will help you if they can work related or not , at docking house we are one happy family .
Pros
Each day different
Cons
I have worked for armscare for over eight years first as a Carer then worked my way up to Senior Carer. Management are very supportive and easy to talk to. Great team atmosphere and colleagues are always there to help each other. Work can sometimes be quite challenging but also very enjoyable and very rewarding. No two days are the same.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours but only if you want to work them
One of the worst care homes I have ever had misfortune to work in and staff morale was reflection of poor management. Sadly what was promised ar interview did not materialise and I left sharpish. I would not recommend to anyone who enjoys caring.
Pros
Care workers support one another
Cons
Poor management
The homes are great places to work
Managers are welcoming and listen

Hands on director, who will go the extra mile and genuinely listens to his staff team
Pros
Caring, happy positive people
Cons
Sometimes hours are long, due to staff shortages in rural locations
-The present pay is low as it becomes difficult to meet the needs. Pressurised to work more hours by sacrificing time with family.
-Apart from pay, the management and team work is awesome in norfolk lodge.
The work is rewarding and also challenging which I enjoy. No two days are the same. I feel that I can make a difference here. I have learned to persevere. I enjoy working with others and assisting the residents.
I have worked for armscare for the last 6 years I previously worked out in domiciliary care when I came for my interview I knew that I had made the right choice to leave Domiciliary care when I started at docking house the staff made me feel very welcome .
High level of team spirit and readily cooperates with his team members to get the job done. very good at encouraging members to do the job according to their best efforts. They respects every team member.
Pros
Motivation
Cons
I have been an employee of Armscare since October 2019 and throughly enjoy working here, i only work part time although my manager has allowed me to pick up extra shifts where required. The team at Docking House is very good to work with, they’re funny and make work easier working together.
Company its self is not client based and couldnt care less about their staff or helping people eager to further their career , in doing so.
no bonuses, no overtime, no special pay on any holidays or sundays.
Pros
Cons
pay, attirtude of management
Management absolutely awful, rude arrogant and bullied a lot of us. Residents treated poorly and needs where not met. Avoid even if your desperate. AVOID. There are much nicer care homes. Have a read of dockings CQC report.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Rude managers that bully. Residents treated awfully. Find a company that will appreciate your work, there’s much nicer care homes to work in.
It is so refreshing to work for a pro-active company. The work is fast paced and at times challenging but enjoyable. Armscare Ltd actively encourage your personal development and arrange additional training to expand your knowledge and experience. Team-working is paramount to the success of the company and each of their homes employ a diverse, loyal work force. We strive to provide the best possible care for our service users and a workplace to be proud of.
Pros
variety of work - no two days are the same
Cons
The home was run by a family which made it very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The owners were well known for being tight with their money.
The residents were very well looked after by the staff.
Pros
Family run
Cons
Long hours lackof support from the owners.
I worked for the company for five years. I have met many interesting people and enjoyed learning new experiences.
The care team, are committed to ensuring the needs of the residents in their care are met. Give it a go
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Can be tiresome, but rewarding
Managers do nothing, residents are treated poorly, no job security whats so ever, poor hygiene and infection control. When it comes to any ARMSCARE care homes, Do not use for employment or leaving your family in their incapable hands.
Pros
Cons
Useless management, that does not care for their staff or residents.
A good place for culture and meeting new people but hours are long and can be more than exhausting. But I do not regret this job it was a good experience and helped me appreciate how hard and important the care industry is
Pros
Great people
Cons
no chance of progression, residents treated unfairly. no structure of management i.e the manager does not use their authority and staff use that to their advantage
Pros
suitable hours
Cons
bad working atmosphere