ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Despatch technician (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire16 June 2017
A typical day for me would be rushed of my feet I enjoy my job it's a great company to work for! I feel like I learn something new every day. Being apart of the management team has made me grown and enquire a new skill set.
Pros
Great canteen
Excellent
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire12 June 2017
I found that it made my experience better as I was working with new people. I thought I worked well here as it was easy enough for me to do I was very quick on learning what I needed to do.
Horrible
Floor Operative (Former Employee) –  Oswestry, Shropshire15 May 2017
There is a racist environment towards agency workers and managers do not treat workers with any respect. Although health and safety is stressed, the production lines are dirty and a temperature which is too cold. I sustained injuries from working there and recieved no sympathy.
Arla
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 May 2017
long shift hours but generally a good shift pattern (2days/2nights. 4 off). A lot of management on shift inckuding a number of team leaders. typical day starts & ends with shift handover. get on with the job and may be asked to carry out extra work.
grat people
Transport Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashby, UK25 April 2017
started work for Arla in 1995 ad worked my way to depot manager , managing circ 190 staff and managers, was responsible for building and running to a £20m budget, unfortunately due to the vision of the company in buikding the a new dairy and transport deport at aylesbury my depot was closed down and i was was made redundant
Pros
good life balance
Cons
made redundant
good comardry
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  London21 April 2017
Very good company to work for, shifts are not life encroaching and wages are very respectable with great prospects to further a career.
Subsidised canteen with good food and drinks.
Pros
subsidised canteen with good food
Cons
work some weekends
Redundant butter packing
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway31 March 2017
Arla foods have consistently destroyed the creamery at Lockerbie by reducing staff and increasing management. They have just closed one department and have reduced staff in 2 others over a period of 5 yrs at the cost of 90 jobs !!!!!! but still increase management shocking place to work .employees managed by bullies and liars
Pros
wages acceptable
Cons
constant blame culture and bullying by managers top to bottom !!!!!
Challenging but rewarding job role
Debrief Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Hatfield9 March 2017
This job involved dealing with drivers on a daily basis and logging their times and deliveries of milk made to stores across the country. Detailed reports are created on a daily basis. Using different systems to track the routes of drivers and to log the times especially if they are running late.
Pros
Use of different live systems
soul destroying
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Leeds28 February 2017
cold, managers don't care about you, shifts canceled all the time on the morning of the shift, pay is shocking basically treated like scum of the earth
Pros
free milk
Cons
cold, long days, terrible management
Despatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lockerbie20 February 2017
This is a good place to work good job hard going but satisfing with good work mates and it's a good laugh at times the management are very helpful
Great experience
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 February 2017
Working with the marketing team and review available data on the sector.

Understanding of the Dairy sector in Europe

Middle and senior management were very open to discussion.

work culture was very relaxed and people helpful.

Most difficult part was to get the marketing team to understand the importance of data while making any decision on market trends about their products.

Most enjoyable part was to lead the Marketing Analysis team and show the organisation how data could help them make informed decision
Pros
improved my understanding of data
Cons
my knowledge of the dairy sector
good hours shame it moved from ashby
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch5 February 2017
loading and unloading milk. got me my skills as a flt driver and reach truck driver. hours are good also was close to home. just a shame it was moved location
Good place and nice people
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch21 December 2016
Worked here for long time. good place friends and management made redundant offered job in Leeds or London to far to go. Delivered milk to supermarkets. The hardest part of this job was mostly the winter weather. The most enjoyable part was meeting different people.
Pros
Local
Horrible place to work
monkey (Current Employee) –  lockerbie17 October 2016
jobs are easy enough,wages are low for the shift patterns you work...you only get promoted if you're a friend of a manager...blame culture is rife...bullying is the worst ive seen by managment,some good colleagues on the shop floor,thats what makes arla lockerbie...other than that..it's a horrible place to work
Pros
good workers on the shop floor
Cons
managment
Inconsiderate employers
Dairy technician (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury17 September 2016
Extremely unprofessional ,never seen anything like. I passed everything and they promised written confirmation. I was jobless for months waiting for my confirmation letter only to find out afterwards that someone else had been given my position. I was in persistent contact with the HR team over 3 months. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go through the same stress.
Not A Good Place To Work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury17 September 2016
Keep your mouth shut and do your job, your opinion doesn't count for anything. Lack of mutual respect from management and by far the worst managed company I have worked for. If your face does not fit they will look to get rid of you any way they can. They will promote those who don't do much but kiss the managers backside, but will not promote the hardest working individuals who deserve the recognition... because no manager actually see's who is working hard and who isn't. New methods of work/ training ALL THE TIME and this site somehow keeps losing people training cards/ paperwork therefore forcing people to do the training again... on your day off!!!
Cons
too many to list...
If your face fits kind of place
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Lockerbie28 August 2016
Management are all friends promote their mates and when something goes wrong in production it's a blame culture. When Arla merged with milk link Lockerbie site was an unbearable place to work as the milk link management team took over and made the fresh milk site a horrible place to work just like milk link
Pros
Leaving Arla
Cons
Working there
Easy work but not nice people to work with
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 August 2016
I worked for arla for 6 years in production and left when I got forced out by Management. People who started years after I did got training before me. The people who got trained were the ones the team leaders and technicians were friends with. I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and from that moment the team leader would look for any excuse to bring me into a disciplinary meeting. Because of my illness my doctor said I was not well enough to do rotating 12 hour day and night shifts so had to stay on permanent day shifts which management didn't want, even though they had other people on permanent days. In the end after months of lying from management and the union they dismissed me on medical grounds when I thought it was a return to work meeting. They said they had no proof I can stand on my feet for a full shift, which was lies and I had doctors notes to prove it. They also said I was absent too many times, which was also lies. I booked a holiday with the holiday forms, I did one wrong so I threw it in the bin and wrote it out again with the correct dates on. When I got back from holiday they tried to say I was absent and pulled out the incorrect form id thrown in the bin and tried to say that was my holiday form. I'd signed it before throwing it in the bin so they waited until I went then changed dates on the form to make it look like I was absent On days I had booked off. In the disciplinary I tried to explain this in front of the team leader, two technicians and a union rep who wasn't on my side. It was 4 vs 1 and my union rep did nothing as the team leader slammed  more... his hands on the table and shouted in my face when I asked if I could take the forms home and read them before I signed them as it was the end of the shift. I kept a diary the whole time I was there because I got mistreated even before I got diagnosed. They saw me as an easy target because I was young so I wrote a diary, took photos and kept evidence. I could write a whole book on my time at arla but I work so don't have the time. I was working alongside alcoholics, racists and liars in the production area so I'm glad to be out of it. There's definitely no equal opportunities at arla. The management need to be stopped from making sure only their friends have a chance to progress and learn something new  less
Pros
Time off
Cons
Management are not nice people
managers need a good kick
bulk farm driver (Former Employee) –  Lockerbie13 July 2016
Nobody listens' to you. There's no teamwork everyone try's to blame each other. Holidays plenty when you can get them. Wages quite good. No chance of promotion its a who you know place rather than what you know.
Pros
once you leave the yard your on your own until the end of the day.
Cons
you get paid.
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lockerbie21 June 2016
Orders constantly being taken to other factories. Morale is very low, wages are mediocre, promotion is on a 'mates' only basis. Management are only worried about carparks and cover ups. Avoid at all costs. I would never go back.
Pros
Some good people on the floor.
Cons
Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARLA FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.