ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews

Long hours over night
Dispatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury26 April 2018
The job had a very strange cycle where you would have to work during the day and overnight. They only had a day or two between days and night shifts so it became very hard to adjust to the changes. I also lost all connections to my social life as I had to sleep and work a lot of the time.
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 April 2018
It's okay to work for them they've got good working conditions and the only thing is the shifts times but that's not bad and everyone is kind and helpful
Pros
Cons
Some of the shifts
Fun and forward thinking company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, Stourton27 March 2018
I loved working for Arla. A very positive and forward thinking company. Offices implemented dress down and flexible working years before other companies. This place inspired me to start a career.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
Don't speak your mind! keep quiet!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury27 March 2018
If you speak out you will be managed out simple as that upstairs - downstairs culture.

pay is ok

Hours are truly ridiculous some weeks with bank hours you will be working 72 hours in 1 week. Try having a life with that.

Their equipment is poor, not maintained, dangerous and dirty.

Management are clueless and they only enter the production area to have a moan. Never and i mean never do the department managers work on the floor with the staff.

I had a bad experience with Arla but that does not mean you will. Give it a go for yourself. Good luck you will need it.
Pros
free xmas cheese hamper
Cons
hours, management, pressure, nights, 12 hours, bad blame culture, bad equipment
Relaxed atmosphere and good benefits
Commercial Claims and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 March 2018
Arla is a great place to work and I've learned a lot whilst being here. The company as a whole is relaxed however it is becoming progressively harder to progress due to restructures.

The best the part of the job is finding new ways to challenge our customers and hauliers, whilst the hardest part is proving to them how it can massively benefit them.

A typical day at work would include contacting multiple suppliers, customers, individual stores and hauliers, as well as internal teams such as planning, finance and the warehouses.
Pros
Good benefits, pension
Cons
No progression, restructures
Great Company
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 March 2018
Great company to work for with great opportunities for growth. I regret leaving really. Good wages and great salary. Management are good too. Staff are also great.
Pros
Great salary and management. Good staff canteen
Good company
Shrink Wrap Machine Operator (full time ) (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2018
Good management, i learned a lot of things there and i made many friends for life ! The hardest part off this work is when i put the milk on the line!
poor place to work
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Oswestry10 February 2018
the management are rubbish. You are promised help and a stress free work place. but what you get is stress and bullied by the management. the only good thing is the pay
Pros
Cons
you work for them
Job bust environment
General Operation worker (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire4 February 2018
Food products goods in and good pack and dispatch.
Cold Warehouse.
Massive human flows from new EU member countries. Poor knowledge of English to communcate they offer just hands and willingness to work.
Pros
cheep lunches
Cons
long work hrs
Busy, hardworking workplace which rewards success
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 January 2018
A great place to work. Everyone works to a very high standard and always striving for further improvement. A farmer cooperative which makes you feel more proud to work there. Pay is fair and success is well rewarded.
Pros
Team spirit, rewards success, does everything to a high standard
Cons
Work/life balance, location
The hardest part of the job
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire UK31 December 2017
The hardest part of the job was working in the bottle washing part of the dairy plant because of the broken slithers of glass would get everywhere in overalls etc.
Cold working environment
Picker and Packer / Loader (Former Employee) –  Lichfield13 December 2017
Amazing team while at work.
Did enjoy to work in there and did learn how to operate different kinds of MHE
Would recommend this job to whoever is starting his carrier
Fun, Fast Moving Innovative Company -- Poor Management
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 September 2017
I gave this 4 stars because the company overall is fantastic! Great people place to work, always thinking about employees , benefits, engaging with staff across the business network, fun activities, really innovative company! I gained some great qualifications with the business and was able to travel and I did have great career satisfaction. Also is very interesting how different departments link, I was lucky enough to work with several departments in various locations throughout the UK. I really enjoyed my role, I was always busy, I wanted to succeed, do a fantastic job and learn more and more about the business.

I left in the end ( after 4 years service) because the management I worked with did not offer any progression, despite fantastic reviews feedback externally from customers on my work, their were alot of personal relations which went on in Arla which made things slightly difficult if you wanted to progress... Hurtful when you have worked for a company and put so much love and passion into your career.
Production operative trevarrian
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Trevarrian12 September 2017
Overworked and very strict either you fit in with there way of thinking or they will find a away of getting rid of you!!!! They choose whether or not to pay u overtime or give you the hours off whichever suits them:((
Pros
Xmas hamper
Cons
Long hours, terrible management!
productive
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 August 2017
always wiling to train you and help you progress. pleasant place to work. staff holidays are great. management easy to approach with any issues. helpful with child care
great place to work
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds27 August 2017
I used to enjoy working there but i was on same shift pattern for nearly 6 years which was friday - tuesday. Which meant i never had a a weekend or bank holiday off which ultimateley cost my marriage so had to leave.
Pros
great job good pay
Cons
having to work every weekend and bank holiday
long days
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Oswestry27 August 2017
Long hours doing repetitive jobs. Good pay, however very hard to also have a social life which was good as I didn't spend the money I earned, I managed to save!
Great workplace
Mixing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 August 2017
It is a good place to work with good collegues, there is a lot of room for progression. It also has excellent prospects and a variety of shift patterns.
Good plave to work but long days
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 August 2017
Arla really good wage managers bit stricked breaks are good have to be fit and full of energy but out of it all its a great wage and good carrea got a lot of picking to do
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Working in a frezzer
Great people & brands to be proud of.
National Business Sales Optimisation Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 July 2017
Arla Foods is a great place to work, with great people. The culture is one of work hard play hard, but there is a small degree of bureaucracy in decison making. This is something I know they are working on. They have fantastic brands, that anyone would be be proud to work with, and being farmer owned gives employees another reason to be proud.
Pros
Good personal development opportunities.
Cons
Too many restructures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARLA FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.