ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Production
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 March 2019
No opportunity/promotion.
Nepotism and politics.
Blaming own laziness on agency workers.
Seen some lovely people and some very nasty.
Otherwise very relaxed job.
Don't speak your mind! keep quiet!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury27 March 2018
If you speak out you will be managed out simple as that upstairs - downstairs culture.

pay is ok

Hours are truly ridiculous some weeks with bank hours you will be working 72 hours in 1 week. Try having a life with that.

Their equipment is poor, not maintained, dangerous and dirty.

Management are clueless and they only enter the production area to have a moan. Never and i mean never do the department managers work on the floor with the staff.

I had a bad experience with Arla but that does not mean you will. Give it a go for yourself. Good luck you will need it.
Pros
free xmas cheese hamper
Cons
hours, management, pressure, nights, 12 hours, bad blame culture, bad equipment
Production operative trevarrian
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Trevarrian12 September 2017
Overworked and very strict either you fit in with there way of thinking or they will find a away of getting rid of you!!!! They choose whether or not to pay u overtime or give you the hours off whichever suits them:((
Pros
Xmas hamper
Cons
Long hours, terrible management!
good comardry
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  London21 April 2017
Very good company to work for, shifts are not life encroaching and wages are very respectable with great prospects to further a career.
Subsidised canteen with good food and drinks.
Pros
subsidised canteen with good food
Cons
work some weekends
Easy work but not nice people to work with
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 August 2016
I worked for arla for 6 years in production and left when I got forced out by Management. People who started years after I did got training before me. The people who got trained were the ones the team leaders and technicians were friends with. I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and from that moment the team leader would look for any excuse to bring me into a disciplinary meeting. Because of my illness my doctor said I was not well enough to do rotating 12 hour day and night shifts so had to stay on permanent day shifts which management didn't want, even though they had other people on permanent days. In the end after months of lying from management and the union they dismissed me on medical grounds when I thought it was a return to work meeting. They said they had no proof I can stand on my feet for a full shift, which was lies and I had doctors notes to prove it. They also said I was absent too many times, which was also lies. I booked a holiday with the holiday forms, I did one wrong so I threw it in the bin and wrote it out again with the correct dates on. When I got back from holiday they tried to say I was absent and pulled out the incorrect form id thrown in the bin and tried to say that was my holiday form. I'd signed it before throwing it in the bin so they waited until I went then changed dates on the form to make it look like I was absent On days I had booked off. In the disciplinary I tried to explain this in front of the team leader, two technicians and a union rep who wasn't on my side. It was 4 vs 1 and my union rep did nothing as the team leader slammed  more... his hands on the table and shouted in my face when I asked if I could take the forms home and read them before I signed them as it was the end of the shift. I kept a diary the whole time I was there because I got mistreated even before I got diagnosed. They saw me as an easy target because I was young so I wrote a diary, took photos and kept evidence. I could write a whole book on my time at arla but I work so don't have the time. I was working alongside alcoholics, racists and liars in the production area so I'm glad to be out of it. There's definitely no equal opportunities at arla. The management need to be stopped from making sure only their friends have a chance to progress and learn something new  less
Pros
Time off
Cons
Management are not nice people
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lockerbie21 June 2016
Orders constantly being taken to other factories. Morale is very low, wages are mediocre, promotion is on a 'mates' only basis. Management are only worried about carparks and cover ups. Avoid at all costs. I would never go back.
Pros
Some good people on the floor.
Cons
Management.
Easy Job
Packer/Production Line Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds14 April 2016
Good place to work and friendly people...they explain how to Run the machine and their component the way you learn,the management are very serius people and listening...they speak and every meeting before start duty they ask if you have something to say
productive and a very good place to work
production operative (Former Employee) –  leeds29 January 2014
meeting the standards for the production enviroment
meeting personal targets on time
very good management and a good team to work with always willing to help out

hardest part of my job was to manage team to progress in the production industry and meeting our team targets

my most enjoyable part of my job was making products and seeing how the company progresses in meeting targets for the customer