ARLA FOODS

ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews in Oswestry

Oswestry12 reviews
I worked 3 on 3 off shifts alternate days and nights for 10 years working across all areas of the warehousing department ranging from dry goods department which includes providing packaging for the production lines to finished goods and goods in.
Run by someone who's well out of he's depth, they don't follow ACAS guidelines when it comes to disciplinarys. Bullying and racism is rife, especially towards polish and Bulgarians! HR don't know there butts from there elbows, when visitors go they suck up to them, by lowering the line speeds, progression threw the company is only for those they like and those they don't are forced out, not getting a disciplinary involves apologising , cateen OVER priced and poor quality.
Pros
£ and free carpark
Cons
Management!
Working at Arla is tough.The shift pattern 3 on 3 off alternate days/nights is tough.Your body never knows where it is.The work is fast & sometimes heavy & the management don't care about you.Production is everything & staff are mostly irrelevant.The pay is good it must be said but my God you earn it....
Managers are rude
Managers do not listen

When there is an audit the factory goes into meltdown and runs only a few lines

No way of career progression

Good people leave (according to management that's a good thing)
Pros
Wages (when there paid right)
Cons
Managment
great place to work, always changing. canteen is good, work life balance is good. great pension benefits.
Employees get a uniform.

Lots of days holidays but only closes on xmas day, boxing day and newsy years day. Open all bank holidays
Great place to work. Always growing within and on a larger scale. This company has brought me out of a quiet shell and into a strong person that I need to be to further a career I enjoy.
This job was on a production line which was at a very fast pace. All workers were extremely friendly and it helped to create a nicer workplace. This was a 3 on 3 off shift pattern.
the management are rubbish. You are promised help and a stress free work place. but what you get is stress and bullied by the management. the only good thing is the pay
Pros
Cons
you work for them
High production demand and high quality standards.
Poor training program.

Language barrier.

Management not approachable.

Fast turn over of staff.

Lots of temps..
Pros
Canteen - breakfast
Cons
Training
Long hours doing repetitive jobs. Good pay, however very hard to also have a social life which was good as I didn't spend the money I earned, I managed to save!
There is a racist environment towards agency workers and managers do not treat workers with any respect. Although health and safety is stressed, the production lines are dirty and a temperature which is too cold. I sustained injuries from working there and recieved no sympathy.
Enjoyable work, good colleagues but little chance of career advancement