ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews in Leeds

Not for everyone
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 October 2019
Company as no respect for employees. Unless your face fits. More agencies in arla than employees say no more, cant speak for the office staff only on the driving side and warehouse. As an new employee as different wage structure than older alra staff. That can't be right when all going the same working.
Pros
Cons
Arla
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 September 2019
nice and easy work but too cold (0-4 degrees)
i got a lot of friends,but i because on that period does't was any full time contract,i looking for another job.and i move to clipper on selby.
Productive fun workplace
Milk operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 July 2019
Great team work. Colleagues are absolutely good to work with and the team effort is great. Everyone is giving 100%. Great management team making the whole place one big family.
Pros
Nice bunch of people
We produced milk
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds10 July 2019
The job was easy but we get paid less hour . I work with arla for almost 3years but I wor with agency.
Pros
No you have to pay for lunch
Cons
12 hours shift
Working from an agency
PICKER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 March 2019
I was there working from an agency, i was doing work that was paid 14-15 pounds /h and i was receiving just 7.83, i consider this kind of working from an agency a modern slavery. overall im done with it now
Pros
2 h break, safe place to work
Cons
Loads of Managers, Working as an agency worker, everyone in there who work with a contract on arla thinks it`s you`re boss
Production
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 March 2019
No opportunity/promotion.
Nepotism and politics.
Blaming own laziness on agency workers.
Seen some lovely people and some very nasty.
Otherwise very relaxed job.
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 April 2018
It's okay to work for them they've got good working conditions and the only thing is the shifts times but that's not bad and everyone is kind and helpful
Pros
Cons
Some of the shifts
Fun and forward thinking company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, Stourton27 March 2018
I loved working for Arla. A very positive and forward thinking company. Offices implemented dress down and flexible working years before other companies. This place inspired me to start a career.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
Relaxed atmosphere and good benefits
Commercial Claims and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 March 2018
Arla is a great place to work and I've learned a lot whilst being here. The company as a whole is relaxed however it is becoming progressively harder to progress due to restructures.

The best the part of the job is finding new ways to challenge our customers and hauliers, whilst the hardest part is proving to them how it can massively benefit them.

A typical day at work would include contacting multiple suppliers, customers, individual stores and hauliers, as well as internal teams such as planning, finance and the warehouses.
Pros
Good benefits, pension
Cons
No progression, restructures
Great Company
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 March 2018
Great company to work for with great opportunities for growth. I regret leaving really. Good wages and great salary. Management are good too. Staff are also great.
Pros
Great salary and management. Good staff canteen
Cons
Busy, hardworking workplace which rewards success
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 January 2018
A great place to work. Everyone works to a very high standard and always striving for further improvement. A farmer cooperative which makes you feel more proud to work there. Pay is fair and success is well rewarded.
Pros
Team spirit, rewards success, does everything to a high standard
Cons
Work/life balance, location
Fun, Fast Moving Innovative Company -- Poor Management
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 September 2017
I gave this 4 stars because the company overall is fantastic! Great people place to work, always thinking about employees , benefits, engaging with staff across the business network, fun activities, really innovative company! I gained some great qualifications with the business and was able to travel and I did have great career satisfaction. Also is very interesting how different departments link, I was lucky enough to work with several departments in various locations throughout the UK. I really enjoyed my role, I was always busy, I wanted to succeed, do a fantastic job and learn more and more about the business.

I left in the end ( after 4 years service) because the management I worked with did not offer any progression, despite fantastic reviews feedback externally from customers on my work, their were alot of personal relations which went on in Arla which made things slightly difficult if you wanted to progress... Hurtful when you have worked for a company and put so much love and passion into your career.
productive
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 August 2017
always wiling to train you and help you progress. pleasant place to work. staff holidays are great. management easy to approach with any issues. helpful with child care
great place to work
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds27 August 2017
I used to enjoy working there but i was on same shift pattern for nearly 6 years which was friday - tuesday. Which meant i never had a a weekend or bank holiday off which ultimateley cost my marriage so had to leave.
Pros
great job good pay
Cons
having to work every weekend and bank holiday
Great workplace
Mixing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 August 2017
It is a good place to work with good collegues, there is a lot of room for progression. It also has excellent prospects and a variety of shift patterns.
Good plave to work but long days
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 August 2017
Arla really good wage managers bit stricked breaks are good have to be fit and full of energy but out of it all its a great wage and good carrea got a lot of picking to do
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Working in a frezzer
Great people & brands to be proud of.
National Business Sales Optimisation Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 July 2017
Arla Foods is a great place to work, with great people. The culture is one of work hard play hard, but there is a small degree of bureaucracy in decison making. This is something I know they are working on. They have fantastic brands, that anyone would be be proud to work with, and being farmer owned gives employees another reason to be proud.
Pros
Good personal development opportunities.
Cons
Too many restructures.
Arla
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 May 2017
long shift hours but generally a good shift pattern (2days/2nights. 4 off). A lot of management on shift inckuding a number of team leaders. typical day starts & ends with shift handover. get on with the job and may be asked to carry out extra work.
soul destroying
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Leeds28 February 2017
cold, managers don't care about you, shifts canceled all the time on the morning of the shift, pay is shocking basically treated like scum of the earth
Pros
free milk
Cons
cold, long days, terrible management
Great experience
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 February 2017
Working with the marketing team and review available data on the sector.

Understanding of the Dairy sector in Europe

Middle and senior management were very open to discussion.

work culture was very relaxed and people helpful.

Most difficult part was to get the marketing team to understand the importance of data while making any decision on market trends about their products.

Most enjoyable part was to lead the Marketing Analysis team and show the organisation how data could help them make informed decision
Pros
improved my understanding of data
Cons
my knowledge of the dairy sector

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARLA FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.