ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews in Aylesbury

Long hrs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 July 2019
Management haven't got a clue long hrs not bothered if you go over your hrs trucks bad bad training
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hrs
Productive and safe work place
Despatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire29 July 2018
Here is the best way of working team ho tell you how to do when to do and where to do to work really safe. A great menegerial experience and a lot of good trained men
overpromise - underdeliver
Planner (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury29 May 2018
The shift pattern was the most bizarre I have ever heard of and the result was that every 2-3 days you had to change your body clock so we all were exhausted. Really stressful environment and the management wasn't providing adequate support.
Pros
New factory
Cons
work/life balance, unsupportive management
Long hours over night
Dispatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury26 April 2018
The job had a very strange cycle where you would have to work during the day and overnight. They only had a day or two between days and night shifts so it became very hard to adjust to the changes. I also lost all connections to my social life as I had to sleep and work a lot of the time.
Don't speak your mind! keep quiet!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury27 March 2018
If you speak out you will be managed out simple as that upstairs - downstairs culture.

pay is ok

Hours are truly ridiculous some weeks with bank hours you will be working 72 hours in 1 week. Try having a life with that.

Their equipment is poor, not maintained, dangerous and dirty.

Management are clueless and they only enter the production area to have a moan. Never and i mean never do the department managers work on the floor with the staff.

I had a bad experience with Arla but that does not mean you will. Give it a go for yourself. Good luck you will need it.
Pros
free xmas cheese hamper
Cons
hours, management, pressure, nights, 12 hours, bad blame culture, bad equipment
Productive and fun place to work
Despatch technician (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire16 June 2017
A typical day for me would be rushed of my feet I enjoy my job it's a great company to work for! I feel like I learn something new every day. Being apart of the management team has made me grown and enquire a new skill set.
Pros
Great canteen
Inconsiderate employers
Dairy technician (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury17 September 2016
Extremely unprofessional ,never seen anything like. I passed everything and they promised written confirmation. I was jobless for months waiting for my confirmation letter only to find out afterwards that someone else had been given my position. I was in persistent contact with the HR team over 3 months. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go through the same stress.
Not A Good Place To Work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury17 September 2016
Keep your mouth shut and do your job, your opinion doesn't count for anything. Lack of mutual respect from management and by far the worst managed company I have worked for. If your face does not fit they will look to get rid of you any way they can. They will promote those who don't do much but kiss the managers backside, but will not promote the hardest working individuals who deserve the recognition... because no manager actually see's who is working hard and who isn't. New methods of work/ training ALL THE TIME and this site somehow keeps losing people training cards/ paperwork therefore forcing people to do the training again... on your day off!!!
Cons
too many to list...
Technician
Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury17 June 2016
A place where you are actively encouraged to be your best and development opportunities provided. Amazing people, amazing teams!
good place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury5 January 2016
Very good company to work for, plenty of opportunities to progress within the company. plus the management are very friendly and co-operative.
big let down
Supply Chain Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, ENG21 June 2015
company culture has drastically changed over the last 2 years, experience and loyalty are no longer appreciated. work life balance has been compromised due to the introduction of a suicidal rotational shift day/nights.
Apprentice Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, ENG27 August 2014
Friendly environment, great people to get along with.
Shadowed engineers and learned key aspects of what a engineer does day to day, attended morning debriefings in the morning over what had happened over the past 12 hours.
Productive place
Temporary worker as a part of First Call group (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, ENG9 July 2014
Work was simple, unloading and loading lorries, otherwise you can help people refill denesters, to keep good speed of productivity. What I learned is how people talk, how people work hard, how to work as a team, and the most important thing, how people live.
The hardest part in this work were twelve hour shifts, but if you working together with your friends, you can handle everything.
I came to this country almost year ago. With my two best friends and we try to work hard to get better life.
Cons
12 hours shifts nights and days