ARLA FOODS

ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews in Aylesbury

Aylesbury25 reviews
Arla is Good once you’ve passed operative Level, the first 2-3 years are horrible. As an operative you can walk 20-30 miles a Shift, pulling 500kg of milk in broken wheeled cages.
Worked for this company for 6 weeks the most badly run transport operation I have come across in 20+ years of driving!contracted 10 hours daily work if you don’t work overtime when they want they will sack you 🤷‍♂️
Theybare very friendly and helpfull. They try to organise rota for your request. Very friendly stuff easy run. Vorked for 5 days a week same shops every day. No surprise.
Once you get used to the arla culture it's good place to work .
Long shifts days and nights on a rotating system with a ten day break every six weeks which is your holiday so you have to plan ahead and swap shifts if necessary . having said that still ok .

I couldn't get used to the night shift it is difficult if you have never done it ..I hadn't and did struggle .
The HR team are useless
The Leadership team are even worse

There os a huge bullying culture and unhappy employees too scared to say anything with fear of loosing their jobs

The Lab team leaders are appaling

Absolutely nasty environment overall
Arla foods is a great company to work for if you find the right role. Was desperate to find a job that puts food on the table at the time I joined so role suitability wasn't my main focus.
Meant to work for a few months but stayed almost 4 years because the team was great and salaries good. Tried to find the right role within the business but no luck. Found a great job outside Arla but still miss Arla Foods
wonderfull company , good organization , professional atitude , they respect the people and they have a very very very good organization work ! respect the people from there
Management haven't got a clue long hrs not bothered if you go over your hrs trucks bad bad training
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hrs
The site produces bottled milk at over 2 million litres a day. This volume requires all the staff to be on point all day every day. In my role I manage the operation of a waste water treatment plant and the delivery of the services which enable the milk to be processed. Its also my responsibility to manage the facility services. The department I manage is ex-tremely lean to the point of understaffed when sickness or holidays occur. I have been on site before the plant was operational and its been an extremely interesting role and I have learnt a great deal on what is required to start up a production factory and a waste water treatment plant. It’s a good working environment with a strong and committed work force, just needs to be staffed at the correct level.
Pros
very modern facility
Cons
short staffed
Here is the best way of working team ho tell you how to do when to do and where to do to work really safe. A great menegerial experience and a lot of good trained men
Not the worst workplace but the environment was very much process driven. The managers are willing to step in and help when needed but not a regular occurrence. Overall not the best but not the worst place to work.
The shift pattern was the most bizarre I have ever heard of and the result was that every 2-3 days you had to change your body clock so we all were exhausted. Really stressful environment and the management wasn't providing adequate support.
Pros
New factory
Cons
work/life balance, unsupportive management
The job had a very strange cycle where you would have to work during the day and overnight. They only had a day or two between days and night shifts so it became very hard to adjust to the changes. I also lost all connections to my social life as I had to sleep and work a lot of the time.
If you speak out you will be managed out simple as that upstairs - downstairs culture.

pay is ok

Hours are truly ridiculous some weeks with bank hours you will be working 72 hours in 1 week. Try having a life with that.

Their equipment is poor, not maintained, dangerous and dirty.

Management are clueless and they only enter the production area to have a moan. Never and i mean never do the department managers work on the floor with the staff.

I had a bad experience with Arla but that does not mean you will. Give it a go for yourself. Good luck you will need it.
Pros
free xmas cheese hamper
Cons
hours, management, pressure, nights, 12 hours, bad blame culture, bad equipment
A typical day for me would be rushed of my feet I enjoy my job it's a great company to work for! I feel like I learn something new every day. Being apart of the management team has made me grown and enquire a new skill set.
Pros
Great canteen
Cons
long hours, poor breaks, shift pattern not that great too much of a quick turn around , and then the back hours also terrible , that you need to book red days on days off so that you are guaranteed off
Pros
close to home
Cons
Extremely unprofessional ,never seen anything like. I passed everything and they promised written confirmation. I was jobless for months waiting for my confirmation letter only to find out afterwards that someone else had been given my position. I was in persistent contact with the HR team over 3 months. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go through the same stress.
Keep your mouth shut and do your job, your opinion doesn't count for anything. Lack of mutual respect from management and by far the worst managed company I have worked for. If your face does not fit they will look to get rid of you any way they can. They will promote those who don't do much but kiss the managers backside, but will not promote the hardest working individuals who deserve the recognition... because no manager actually see's who is working hard and who isn't. New methods of work/ training ALL THE TIME and this site somehow keeps losing people training cards/ paperwork therefore forcing people to do the training again... on your day off!!!
Cons
too many to list...
A place where you are actively encouraged to be your best and development opportunities provided. Amazing people, amazing teams!
Management as everywhere haven't got mangers skills and good manners. Job its self is nice and easy. For future remember its beater to lie then be honest.
Very good company to work for, plenty of opportunities to progress within the company. plus the management are very friendly and co-operative.