ARLA FOODS

ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom170 reviews
I enjoyed the time I have been there with my friend , because we worked as a team work.All the staff are friendly.The only things I did not like them are ; canteen was very far and the wage as well.
Run by someone who's well out of he's depth, they don't follow ACAS guidelines when it comes to disciplinarys. Bullying and racism is rife, especially towards polish and Bulgarians! HR don't know there butts from there elbows, when visitors go they suck up to them, by lowering the line speeds, progression threw the company is only for those they like and those they don't are forced out, not getting a disciplinary involves apologising , cateen OVER priced and poor quality.
Pros
£ and free carpark
Cons
Management!
Fantastic Company to Temp for treated the same as Arla Employees no different given the chance would go back tomorrow unfortunately the role haa now relocated to Aylesbury
Back stabbing
Skiving, laziness. Low quality managers

Being able to talk the talk without walking the walk

Ridiculous systems , noticed ,

uneccessary meetings .
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
Unskilled managers
The job it’s self is faultless it’s like marmite you either love it or you hate it, you can manage your own timing once you’re out on the road. The management has gone from bad to worse over the years not taking you seriously most of the time and it’s a if you’re face fits kind of thing in the office but once your out on the road you are left to your self
The management are bullies

The HR department live up to their name as HUMAN REMAINS

There is supposed to be a performance related pay but when you get to certain level it is capped but you are not told or never will be told what the cap is.
Worked for this company for 6 weeks the most badly run transport operation I have come across in 20+ years of driving!contracted 10 hours daily work if you don’t work overtime when they want they will sack you 🤷‍♂️
Very good place to work. Good training opportunities. Management will invest in people who show interest in advancement.
Very good health and safety culture.
Theybare very friendly and helpfull. They try to organise rota for your request. Very friendly stuff easy run. Vorked for 5 days a week same shops every day. No surprise.
They was not consistent with my shifts, often kept canceling shifts so i would lucky to get 3 shifts a week. when you sign up to work for them they mention you have 4 shifts minimum but they fail to do that
Arla have been a great company to work for. Treated with repsect and fairly.
Only down fall would be the long hours having to work with a young family but the benefits
Once you get used to the arla culture it's good place to work .
Long shifts days and nights on a rotating system with a ten day break every six weeks which is your holiday so you have to plan ahead and swap shifts if necessary . having said that still ok .

I couldn't get used to the night shift it is difficult if you have never done it ..I hadn't and did struggle .
I worked at the site where Arla is based before they took over. When I joined it was a family company and a nice place to work. Arla took over and immediately started restructuring the workforce in a way that they could cut wages, and as a result of this, morale. People who had been there for years were made to reapply for their own jobs and were suddenly deemed unable to fill the position so were forced out. I was being singled out and bullied in an attempt to get rid of me but due to me having a life changing accident due to their negligence they had to rethink their strategy. It still only took them 7 months to do away with my job role which I had held for just under 11 years. Thankfully due to the accident they made me redundant but even then they managed to over tax me on my redundancy pay.

I have met a lot of people through my new job who have since worked at Arla as agency staff and none of them would ever go back there due to the awful way the business is run.

AVOID ARLA LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
Pros
Free car park - wow
Cons
Bullying. Poor working conditions. Poor job prospects.
I worked as an apprentice engineer at Arla food over a Year and a half. Besides the money, I've wasted alot of time. No learning provided, no plan for the apprentice to follow and gain more skills, giving the apprentice non engineering job/ jobs which would help with career. Making the engineer do jobs for different departments when other jobs related to my career are going on.

Constant management changes and staff turnovers. In my case 12 employees (Mangement/engineers) have been here in my time. Makes you feel unsettled. Management and supervisors from other departments not helping/ working as a team to get things done correctly or productivity.

For an apprentice this is not the place you want to be, but for fully qualified engineer it would be ok. Current engineers fantastic, good laugh, nice guys. Also a really relaxed atmsopshere.
Really good company to work for. The wage is fantastic and highly competitive. Company currently going through transition and alot of cost cutting. Management approachable
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Progression can be limited
I enjoyed my time working for Arla on bulk farm. It’s a great job and they are a good company to work for. Unfortunately the place is let down by a corrupt, clueless management structure!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management.
Working at Arla is tough.The shift pattern 3 on 3 off alternate days/nights is tough.Your body never knows where it is.The work is fast & sometimes heavy & the management don't care about you.Production is everything & staff are mostly irrelevant.The pay is good it must be said but my God you earn it....
They don't have human rights. They care related personal to Arla employees when ever how many years worked for Arla not necessarily what necessarily is are you related to some one Arla employee
Arla is Good once you’ve passed operative Level, the first 2-3 years are horrible. As an operative you can walk 20-30 miles a Shift, pulling 500kg of milk in broken wheeled cages.
The HR team are useless
The Leadership team are even worse

There os a huge bullying culture and unhappy employees too scared to say anything with fear of loosing their jobs

The Lab team leaders are appaling

Absolutely nasty environment overall
Great employer, very health and safety focused. Fast paced, good mangers who look out for you. Wost part is that the site consisted of two factories and you could get drenched if you had to go to the other building while it's raining.
Pros
good canteen, good atmosphere
Cons
can get soaked if you have to go between the buildings.