ARK SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good values and outcomes acheived
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 March 2018
Ark is a good employer with good prospects for growth.

Management are supportive and hold strong values

I am only leaving because the 128 mile commute each way is proving too impractical for me.
Pros
Support
Cons
Distance
good work place
Behaviour Mentor (Current Employee) –  Hastings5 December 2017
Enjoyable place to work, i love dealing with the challenges that occur. In this job you never stop learning. They are always willing to put you on courses when needed. The school has a nice atmosphere and very calm.
Host for foreign students
Event Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2017
It's an easy job you can do part time. It was easy for me as I was also a student at ark schools, so I participated when I had free periods, I would manly host foreign students.
Productive even on a Short Term
Senior Finance Officer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2017
Contracted to assist the trust with year end reconciliation and inter-academy ledger reconciliation. A great place to work in my short term with the Trust.
Amazing organisation to work for.
Training Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 November 2014
My experience at ARK Schools was a real eye-opener as I had never worked directly for a Non-Government Organisation before and such a diverse and amazing one at that!

Our team was small (only 3 of us) and very, very busy. My manager often worked a 15 hour day and I worked many an hour overtime, which was challenging at times but acceptable as I believed in the higher purpose of our organisation and wanted to contribute to that.

My tasks and skills required were such that I could build upon my existing knowledge, (administrative and event skills) however I had to quickly learn their internal processes and extensive computer systems to 'hit the ground running'. This I did and there was rarely a dull moment.

I was sad to leave the company and my team, with members whom are still my friends today. However I can thank ARK for inspiring a real passion in me to work for another NGO and to make a difference in this world to those less fortunate.
Pros
Great environment and people. Excellent inner-city location. Amazing company ethos and purpose.
Cons
Long hours and at times under-staffed