ARK SCHOOLS

ARK SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
I've enjoyed my time at Ark. Good leadership and really amazing colleagues.
There is room to develop new skills and grow your current skills.

The workplace culture is really good
Pros
Free Fruit
Work culture was incredibly poor, management don't care about you, and there is absolutely no communication. There is no teamwork, and people will trample all over you to get ahead.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
work culture, people, management, salary
At ARK Blacklands Academy I enjoyed doing my work experience there as I worked with kids for 5 days helping the teachers. I learned about respect and co-operation with other people. The culture of the workplace was very positive and encouraging.
Pros
Good hours
Ark is a good employer with good prospects for growth.

Management are supportive and hold strong values

I am only leaving because the 128 mile commute each way is proving too impractical for me.
Pros
Support
Cons
Distance
Enjoyable place to work, i love dealing with the challenges that occur. In this job you never stop learning. They are always willing to put you on courses when needed. The school has a nice atmosphere and very calm.
It's an easy job you can do part time. It was easy for me as I was also a student at ark schools, so I participated when I had free periods, I would manly host foreign students.
Contracted to assist the trust with year end reconciliation and inter-academy ledger reconciliation. A great place to work in my short term with the Trust.
My experience at ARK Schools was a real eye-opener as I had never worked directly for a Non-Government Organisation before and such a diverse and amazing one at that!

Our team was small (only 3 of us) and very, very busy. My manager often worked a 15 hour day and I worked many an hour overtime, which was challenging at times but acceptable as I believed in the higher purpose of our organisation and wanted to contribute to that.

My tasks and skills required were such that I could build upon my existing knowledge, (administrative and event skills) however I had to quickly learn their internal processes and extensive computer systems to 'hit the ground running'. This I did and there was rarely a dull moment.

I was sad to leave the company and my team, with members whom are still my friends today. However I can thank ARK for inspiring a real passion in me to work for another NGO and to make a difference in this world to those less fortunate.
Pros
Great environment and people. Excellent inner-city location. Amazing company ethos and purpose.
Cons
Long hours and at times under-staffed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARK SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.
ARK SCHOOLS Reviews by Location