Argos Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 404 reviews matching the search See all 2,643 reviews
The people you work with make the job
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  london30 November 2018
Pay is ok. Company as a whole is good to you overall, with 10% discount being a benefit and getting paid time and a half on bank holidays which is good.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Was good while it lasted
Customer Fulfilment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex20 November 2018
Enjoyed every day, just done my job the best I could, after being there a few years, seeing people come and go, but lots of laziness from other colleagues, who continuously got away with it, and critized and judge others. Too many jobsworths, who wouldn't listen to advice, too big for there boots, and ended up hated by others. Would try to tell you how to do your job, when you're perfectly capable of doing what you've been doing the same for so long.

Staff are not trusted some shouldn't be, but they target the wrong people, constantly watched which makes it uncomfortable just trying to do your job. Managers say to speak to them if any problems, but when you do, it either gets ignored and never resolved, or you are made to feel like it's not even a problem. So when I dealt with a particular snotty teenager myself, I'm the one who was made to be the problem.

Constantly looking for faults, and point out the stupidest hiccups, then slag you off to everyone else, all whilst work needs to be done. No praise or well done for those who work really hard
Pros
Better when your out driving alone
Cons
Lazy Staff .
Fun workplace
Temporary Christmas (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex15 November 2018
I took this position over the christmas period. This was a fun place to work and all of the staff were very friendly but it was not a long term position for me
Pros
fun
Cons
Not a long term position
Fun work place
Fast Track Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stevenage12 November 2018
It’s good fun being out on the road meeting new people and gaining a lot of experience. Every day is something new on the road and something new to be learnt
Pros
Cons
Free lunch
Worst workplace ever.
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 November 2018
Used to be a really good company to work for but has gone downhill in recent years. Made to work on my own trying to cover an impossible work load within strict time slots with little help from management (can have to do anywhere from 1-7 jobs at a time.) Made to do some of the managers jobs they don't want to do. Under appreciated for all we do, underpaid for the amount of work you have to do. Very stressful and mentally debilitating. If you're a managers favourite you'll get hours and advancement otherwise you won't unless they don't have anyone else. Worst place I've ever worked. They don't care about their staff, it's all about profit & results.
Your colleagues are the best though, we have to rely on each other for help because most of the management is less than efficient.
Pros
You can get some good managers. Great colleagues.
Cons
Underpaid. Under staffed. Not enough hours. Basically everything.
ok
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire31 October 2018
Argos is a good place to work more for uni students . part time is all Argos do unless management . Management do long hours more than stated and are always very busy and pushed to limits . There is never a free moment always something to do , which isvhreat cause shift goes quickly
Depends on Store
Customer Sales Advisor/Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough15 October 2018
Depending on your team, it's either make or break. The pay is terribly low, and some members off staff like to take their roles far too seriously. Can be a very uncomfortable work environment for some.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Low Pay, Low Hours
The people made it
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Epping, Essex15 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at the Argos Epping store.
We had a great team who was gelled really well together.
The area that Argos needs to work is is the salary. The amount of work they expect, and the pay they offer don't always match up.
Pros
people
Cons
salary and hours
productuive
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed13 October 2018
enjoyed my stop gap at Argos, in a section I never thought I would enjoy.
Good company to work for, great benefits and chances of advancement if you put the work in.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not many full time roles
argos
Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff11 October 2018
this was a good part time job. gets really busy around Christmas. always n your feet but not a bad job. .
ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 October 2018
hard work and miss brakes a lot and under payed for the work we do we do more work then the on floor workers and have later finish times on Christmas we finish 12am some times
Pros
friends
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pontardawe17 September 2018
I enjotyed working part time in argos for over two years, my collegues and managers were all very friendly and supportive and it made me enjoy working every saturday due to the staff which worked those shifts.

However, towaqrds the end of my time there it did feel as though i was being phased out due to the fact my hours were being cut right down to my minimum contract, whereas some people were recieving many many hours over their min contract.
Pros
Nice shifts
Cons
limited weekly hours
Fun place to work, nice colleagues
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
At argos you instantly feel comfortable, everyone is welcoming and friendly and you have the assistance that you need, it's a good company to work for however, the rate of pay for under 21's isnt that good.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire21 August 2018
Good company to work for.

Very local for myself and local buses to the site

Good working as part as a team

Very busy at festive period.

Friendly staff
Pros
Local
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to work at, not enough hours
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire14 August 2018
I enjoyed working here for the short time i was there, although I would have wished to have more hours. The pay was 'okay' but I would be looking for something which is better paid.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
nice people
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Crawley14 August 2018
was a lovely place to work, relaxed shifts and the people were good, but the shift timings were bad and the pay was to low. also the state of the vans are really bad
A bad place to work
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Over the years working with them there is not raise in salary which is very close to the National minimum.
That's not good a place to work for life as the chances to succeed are short.
Pros
Nice environment, good people, customers
Cons
Poor salary, few hours contract
Fab place to work
Fast Track Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Holyhead, Gwynedd8 August 2018
I have loved every minute working for Argos, I think this has a lot to do with the excellent Management team there based at Holyhead. Great atmosphere and happy staff, this makes such a difference. The management are approachable and understanding, also don't take any s**t. Plenty of benefits and rewards A happy place to work :)
Pros
rewarded (vouchers)
Cons
short shifts
Nice place for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton7 August 2018
Nice place to work if you're a student. Lovely team, only thing is the hours aren't great, most of the shifts are 3-5 hours long which isn't really worth it.
busy
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Castleford25 July 2018
i worked here around from july till xmas the job was ok the people were nice but the position was only temporary for there busiest periods was always paid on time
Pros
good wage
Cons
12 hour shifts dragged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.