Argos Pay & Benefits reviews

no social life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent20 May 2018
good job just that the money is not great at all there is no communication between managers ect. all delivery's have to be hit on a time. the hours you work are all over the place don't really get any time to ur self
Pros
lunch brakes
Cons
stupid hours
bad pay
Newspaper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Haywards Heath, West Sussex19 May 2018
i wish they gave use better pay because i heared for over delivery people that they get payed a lot of money in a month and i get payed £51.40 month only
poor pay
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  luton16 May 2018
the job itself is good and the management of the company help you do get he best of yourself.
the pay however is very poor for what is expected although you don't get paid extra you are expected to hit kpi targets and are managed on these.
Its a good place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2018
It's a nice place to work and the colleagues are nice and easy to get along with its a become like a family , the management is alright but its improving for the better
Cons
Cant leave the shop to buy food on your break
Great Team of people
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Widnes4 May 2018
Great team of people i worked with and loved my job however, hours were always a minimum if you were not one of the three full time colleagues, loved the crowd i worked with though :)
Pros
Team
Cons
Hours
Really enjoyed working in Argos
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thamesmead, Greater London1 May 2018
I had a very good experience with Argos. The management and staff were amazing and a pleasure to work with. It was a great experience and I’m glad I could start off my work journey with Argos
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Short hours
Good environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at Argos, my colluegaues and managers were friendly and helpful, I never had any problems, the environment was fast paced, in which I thrived, however the company as a whole seems okay. I did not like the fact that the salary wasn't very good ,£6 an hour for me a 20 year old student didn't help me make ends meet too often, and the discount isn't very good either, but apart from this it was very good
Pros
discounts, friendly environement
Cons
salary
easy job
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 April 2018
the role was fairly easy, however i would have to use my holidays to be able to have a weekend off work - my manager knew i was balancing a work and college life style yet i would hardly ever get a day off and i was beginning to work 23+ hours a week while in full time college education. The wage was fairly decent however the management were not great and they would be in everybody's business and rather two faced.
Pros
other sales assistants were nice people. 10% discount. fairly decent salary
Cons
overworked staff or only just getting your contracted hours. management.
Long and very boring
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Llanelli27 April 2018
Very boring work schedule, long hours, very dull and a manual hands on job. Very unfriendly staff, many people working there for a while see part-timers or Christmas temps as outsiders so very hard to enjoy your job there.
Underpaid and undervalued
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Reading24 April 2018
The job itself is good and i enjoy working with my colleagues, however the salary is menial and not very rewarding on an overall scale. The duties and responsibilities are all ok though.
Pros
Work colleagues, Job responsibilities, Shifts
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Recognition
good company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff20 April 2018
full training provided. friendly staff. always busy. good benefits and hours. management friendly and listen to the staff. fun and friendly plac to work.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 April 2018
Your customers never fail to make you smile and my employees where wonderful, they always helped me and made sure I was doing my job correctly ......
Pros
Good breaks
good place
customer service assistant and stock room picker (Former Employee) –  Market Harborough17 April 2018
treated me well as it was my first job only worked over Christmas break off school but from what i saw a good place to work long term as far as i remember.
Not Very fair on employees
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 April 2018
Negative place to work, Managers don't care about staff forgotten lunches, Under paid, Forget holidays, long days, not enough progression, needs more work life balance
Pros
discount
Cons
long days
Good learning experience
Customer Service Advisor - TEMPORARY (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear9 April 2018
The experience allowed me to see how a business worked day-to-day. However, it didn't have many financial benefits and there was not much job security at all as the temporary placement was cut short for multiple temporary employees so I would be cautious in how you do your job. Despite all this, Argos' management was very good as they took care of me and made my shifts work round my life as a student.
productive and fun work place
Lead Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2018
most enjoyable part of job are the customers
most hardest part of job are the management
workplace culture is fun
No opportunity for progression
poor salary
lack of training and support
Pros
customers
Cons
management
fun place to work
/ floor assessment (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe28 March 2018
Putting stock away in wa rehouse on a night shift great people to work with and good atmosphere good benefits and enjoyed working there shame it was only seasonal
Pros
great place to work
Cons
job only lasted threw christmas period
Lazy management, low morale in-store. Hardly any hours
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands27 March 2018
I started as a Xmas temp and hated it at first . Some staff were so unhelpful. Hardly any overtime even over Xmas . Very minimum hours . Put up rota for this week , then took shifts from some of us because it was good Friday . The number of staff on shift before Xmas was a joke . Felt sorry for customers but we were trying our best with what we were left to do.

Management hide in the office on YouTube and talking all day . Regularly left on shop floor with no help and have to go and interrupt their chats to ask for advice . So unprofessional management . Not a happy workforce because morale in store is low. At times you need to be an octopus .
Store manager is trying to give good incentives like he's very good at praise and he gives rewards for good work and getting store cards etc but would be great if management did what they were paid to do .

Also not much praise for stockroom staff who can work all day fetching and carrying stock for no recognition yet if someone on the till gets a store card they get rewarded. Management only care about financial services and their targets .
Pros
Good rewards and a discount
Cons
Not much overtime, rubbish management, low staffing levels
Fun Workplace
Store Assistant - Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Argos although this was only Christmas temporary, I found the job easy and the team I worked with were also great. The hours were also reasonable.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No Cons
Argos is a fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochdale12 March 2018
I enjoyed working at Argos it is a fun and friendly place to work. The people are nice and helpful and the training is provided well. The hours to say it was around Christmas time was good we had okay dinners it would of been better if the time was spread out and not having an hour dinner all at once.
Pros
Good brakes
Cons
Good hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.