Argos Employee Reviews

Good place to work at, not enough hours
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire14 August 2018
I enjoyed working here for the short time i was there, although I would have wished to have more hours. The pay was 'okay' but I would be looking for something which is better paid.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
nice people
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Crawley14 August 2018
was a lovely place to work, relaxed shifts and the people were good, but the shift timings were bad and the pay was to low. also the state of the vans are really bad
A bad place to work
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Over the years working with them there is not raise in salary which is very close to the National minimum.
That's not good a place to work for life as the chances to succeed are short.
Pros
Nice environment, good people, customers
Cons
Poor salary, few hours contract
good place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Oldbury13 August 2018
I worked here as a teenager and loved it
great place to work, fun friendly environment and loads to learn, a great job to get all round skills in any retail place
Pros
good teams
Cons
breaks unpaid
nice staff memebers but no help given
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  York11 August 2018
I worked at argos for about a month and was given no proper training and no one ever helped with lifting heavy items .
I did not really learn anything from this job role .
everything was hard
most enjoyable part of the job was leaving time.
Pros
leaving
Cons
pno help
work trial
Customer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 August 2018
well I was mostly collecting orders for customers so that involved cross checking that the right order numbers and item codes matched, the staff where very friendly too.
Pros
keeps you active
Cons
none to mind
Fab place to work
Fast Track Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Holyhead, Gwynedd8 August 2018
I have loved every minute working for Argos, I think this has a lot to do with the excellent Management team there based at Holyhead. Great atmosphere and happy staff, this makes such a difference. The management are approachable and understanding, also don't take any s**t. Plenty of benefits and rewards A happy place to work :)
Pros
rewarded (vouchers)
Cons
short shifts
Nice place for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton7 August 2018
Nice place to work if you're a student. Lovely team, only thing is the hours aren't great, most of the shifts are 3-5 hours long which isn't really worth it.
Very much of a team based work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 August 2018
This jobs was very team work based there are moments where you have to rely on each other especially during busy seasons and days. It wasnt a strict environment it was very friendly the team i worked with were around similar ages minus a few who were much olderand shifts went by really quickly
good place to develop
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 August 2018
If you want a place to just go to and do your work and go home this probably isn't the right job for you.
Argos is incredibly inclined to help people who want to develop themselves within the retail sector and with the right management team behind you this will 100% happen.
Pros
Good teams/Management
Cons
Pay isnt good for responsibilty
fun and rewarding
Argos Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 August 2018
I learned how to work under pressure and my customer service skills enhanced. The worst part about the job is the wage which is below the standard which it should be in my opinion.
ideal for students.
stock control and general customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon29 July 2018
Argos is suitable for students as it is a good stepping stone for gaining experience and learning basic skills such as customer service and company policy. The pay is not competive and is not suitable for someone who wants to look at a house or things such as cars or luxuries in llife. At Argos its the team that make the job as they are able to make it more enjoyable. management dont really teach or guide new team members and they leave it to basic level team players to educate their colleagues on processes
Pros
good team members, suitable for students
Cons
bad pay, short hours, repetative.
its ok
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge28 July 2018
ok for a student
but you will be broke
or tired if they somehow give you more hours
but still quite broke
nice social life though, most of the team will be cool
Interesting to say the least
CFA (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 July 2018
Argos is a great place to work if you are looking for a part time job. So many rules and regulations and constant change in shift patterns and hours. Management could be better
Pros
Out driving and away from the store
Cons
Terrible pay and hours
Great part-time job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Daventry27 July 2018
I enjoyed working for Argos during my GCSE's and A-levels, where they were very understanding about my educational commitments. Lovely team and management, I made some great friends. Great ability to progress throughout the company, decent pay and I would work for Argos again even on a full-time basis.
Xmas job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 July 2018
Not there very long. Had the girls at the front desk and the boys all working in the stores. It was very tiring having to stand all day without many breaks. Actually hurt my back over time.
Shrinkage & Compliance - Stock Systems Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 July 2018
All I can say I had good days bad days but I loved it.... They were so friendly, supportive,we worked as a team got things done but also we had great laughs. Management were so lovely and very normal. I loved my job so much very sad for my redundancy. Made many true friends. I was always busy as I helped others if my work was slow as I like to keep busy I also enjoy helping others. I have got to know how to download reports into different models to retrieve certain information required. Also know how stores and warehouses work together. I also found it rewarding logging on the system to find out why we had a stock problem. Sometimes it would take me hours to find this discrepancy but I felt I had achieved something as sometimes it could be worth lots of money in losses for the reporting. The hardest part of my job is not enough hours in the day ? I always go home thinking this.
Pros
Cup of tea
Cons
Not enough hours in the day........
it was fine
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  tune25 July 2018
hours were fine. you go in, do your shift, then leave.

the job was fun depending on your fellow employees, and challenging if you were carrying most of the big products.

it is constantly busy and always work to be done. weekends especially.
busy
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Castleford25 July 2018
i worked here around from july till xmas the job was ok the people were nice but the position was only temporary for there busiest periods was always paid on time
Pros
good wage
Cons
12 hour shifts dragged
poor
Home delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport23 July 2018
management was poor. vans were neglected. forced to miss breaks.punished for missing deliveries yet punished for speeding and deadlines were too short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.