Argos Employee Reviews

My view
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Farnham, Surrey21 June 2018
The job has has become more about the sales and less about the customer over the years. The targets are too high. Used to be a great place to work. Need to before customer focused as a company again.
Pros
discounts at argos and sainsburys
Cons
not enough pay for the job expected.
fun place but poor
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire21 June 2018
was very poor management who were more interestered in chatting to other people or on the phone rather than actually manage and deal with problems and staff
Boring workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 June 2018
My typical day at work consist of delivery as well as customer service. What I learned during working for Argos is that the job is repetitive and boring and there is no hours they give in store. The worst part of the job is that you have to do heavy lifting which can strain or mess up your back. The management isn't any help at all, close to worthless. They have never offered me any promotion as I have been in the company for over 3 years and still a regular staff member. My overall thoughts for anyone joining this company is, rethink if this is the right workplace you want to be in.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
No hours, Heavy lifting
lovely people to work with
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire20 June 2018
I loved working with all my colleges, just found working for the company stressful at times, but in all was a great experience and wouldn't regret t for the world.
Pros
discount at sainsburys and Argos
Cons
not enough hours and not amazing pay
Too much paperwork these days
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff20 June 2018
The job has changed dramatically over the past 5-10 years with a huge focus on financial services and not so much on customer service they also have some heavily under qualified regional managers.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Too much paperwork
Worse than Hermes. Dangerous drivers welcome.
Fast Track Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 June 2018
Fast Track delivery was a good job once, however recent management changes and pure greed at HQ now mean that you have to drive at warp speed to achieve all your drops and many customer deliveries are now being failed, particularly on an an evening when you simply run out of time. Driver safety has completely gone out of the window and senior management within fast track care more about damage to vans than people.
You are expected to deliver ridiculous weight and multi part flat pack items to top floor flats and you get 2 minutes to do It regardless of item or address.
Additionally, the routing software has now been tweaked so that there is no regard for time of day, traffic, delays, lights or islands... it’s as the crow flies so be prepared to try and get across Manchester at rush hour in 7 minutes.
The hardware they give you is out of the ark and the software falls over a dozen times a day... but according to head office, this is not a problem and shouldn’t delay you.
Seriously, stay well clear. Until they sack the current idiots running this division, this is a dangerous and frustrating job
Pros
Non I can think of.. staff discount is 10% but you can get that from a voucher
Cons
Badly qualified. Clueless but greedy leadership, Tools are ancient or non existent, Dangerous practices to hit deliveries
Horrid staff.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester18 June 2018
Although this isn't the same for all staff, some members really didn't seem to want to help. Certain members came across as hostile and totally unapproachable apparent by the way they carried themselves, I could only imagine how a customer would feel entering the store. It's a high pressure environment and after leaving as I was a Christmas Temp, I wasn't surprised when I heard the branch had been closed indefinitely shortly after. There's a lot of moving stock and chasing orders which have gone missing. Overall however I wouldn't recommend working for this employer.
Pros
I was a temp so it wasn't permament.
good for team building and training
Customer service role (Former Employee) –  Christchurch14 June 2018
supportive and motivating team at both the Christchurch and Staines stores.
teamwork
good health and safety
detailed training
fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction12 June 2018
working in argos was productive. the workplace was a good environment to both work and socialise with your work buddy whilst also having a decent pay.
Targets are not achievable
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex12 June 2018
Too much pressure placed upon part-time staff to achieve targets that have a negative impact on customer satisfaction. Staff are lovely but management are patronising and leave staff dreading work.
Pros
Lovely staff, working in stockroom is fun
Cons
Too stressful
Very Boring workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 June 2018
A typical day at work was very boring to say the least. Only two staff members allowed at one point on the shop floor, at the whitechapel branch located inside sainsburys. I was always off my feet as there would be a line full of customers. It was expected of me to work beyond my contract as they were always shortstaffed, they recruited university students with hardly any flexibility what so ever. Management on a whole was very shambolic and lazy.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible Management Issues
Customer Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Swindon11 June 2018
I worked in argos for over a year and had 4 different managers who didn't know how to do their job properly. Jobs that were supposed to be completed by a manager were left to regular staff. Managers took more breaks than entitled to because they 'could'.
Pros
Meet friends, Gain experience
Cons
Long hours, Short breaks, Poor management, Poor pay
Can be fun but mostley like to critasize you
Customer Advisor - full time (Current Employee) –  Sheffield7 June 2018
A day at work would typically involve putting away delivery in the stock room, followed by being out on the shop floor serving customers, asking 6/7 questions in total to a customer once they reached the till point, some members of management have been better then others but overall have been pleasant to work with, the hardest part of the job I would say is to sell something to the customer that they clearly don't want, the most enjoyable part of the job the is the colleagues I've been working with.
didn't enjoy working for argos
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt5 June 2018
always had to meet targets - alot of pressure if didn't
management unreliable and unorganised
the team were not very productive
hardest part of the job was pressure of meeting targets
Hgv driver
HGV 1 (Former Employee) –  Magna Park Leicester5 June 2018
22 years working for Argos says it all.
Great job, decent wage and nice people to work with.
Just a pity it was tuped to Eddie Stobarts.
Argos is nothing more than a trading name now.
Presently owned by Sainsbury's who are gradually reducing the stores and replacing them with inlet stores within there own Sainsbury stores.
Unfortunately this is retail and survival of the fittest. Could have carried on with Stobarts, but I wanted to work for a company that appreciated it's workforce.
Argos when I was there never disappointed.
Pros
Good wage and pension.
Was ok, but changed and not for the better
Team Manager/ Leader (Former Employee) –  Stafford5 June 2018
Poor leadership at senior level, who do not care about their people. The business has gone through some changes and these changes have not been for the better.
The business used to take pride in its people, but not anymore - certainly not in their contact centres.
Pros
the people
Cons
Poor senior management
First job
Customer adviser (Former Employee) –  Gloucester4 June 2018
As this was my first job, this place gave me a very positive experience of working within retail. I enjoyed the challenges that the company set to achieve sales targets.
Pros
Team, Discount
Cons
weekend hours, allowed me to still work and study alongside
fun place to work
Customer Adviser /Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex4 June 2018
Nice starting work place for student, learnt many skills and worked with a great team.

Start working in the stock room as a customer assistant then after a year moved on to the diving team.
Delivery driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Burton4 June 2018
Avoid this place management are useless expect you to work with few hours notice and when you tell them your busy they will never give you a chosen day off.
Can’t organise a rota, money is rubbish
Vans they expect you to use are useless damnaged and barely road legal.
This is not a friendly place to work avoid avoid avoid
Pros
Only pro when you get in the van nobody can intimidate you
Cons
Rubbish hours, no Rotas management useless
Great Place to work
Acting Team Leader/ Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  East London2 June 2018
I loved my time at Argos. Each day was different, meeting new people and helping everyone get through the working day with a smile. This was my first real job so I learnt alot of my customer skills, how to work well in a team as well as on my own at Argos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.