Argos

Argos Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,984 reviews
Found 2,984 reviews matching the search
Not great
Was good at times but they chop n change the wages n expect you to do night shift on £8.30/40 and hour after being up at 9 for the 3/4months I worked there some of the boys I worked with were bang on makes the graft easier.
Great workplace
I worked for argos on 2 separate occasions. First time for a small in sainburys branch and then a big hub store. Both I felt job security and a welcomes environment. Overall the workplace can be relaxed however in busy periods be prepared to work. Great benefits with holiday pay. Would definitely recommend applying. The interview process was simple and fast paced.
Castleford
Conform with speeding, working through breaks literally working so fast you’re begging to give yourself a heart attack. Break all rules for their benefit to get paid less but still be late with the runs. They don’t care they just want the numbers delivered. You’ll be sacked for working at a normal rate of pace
Friendly
I really enjoyed working at Argos, as it helped me gain a lot of people skills. Also, it is a really good place to work, as you learn and do a range of things.
Fast paced environment yet quite stressful
Some days are great and some days are not so great. You have quick days and some slow days. It can get quite stressful when dealing with impatient customers and when items have been misplaced or the delivery hasn't arrived on time.
Bad
Awful please to work, anyone high up doesn’t care about their colleagues or store management team, would not recommend this place to work to anyone! You just need to go to a store to see this.
Nice place to work
friendly staff, fast paced, can be busy but received adequate help. Managers are helpful and approachable. can get very busy and overwhelming. GOOD FOR JOB SATISFACTION
Excellent
Good place to work.
Management and staff was very supportive.

Online e-learning was used to provide training, coupled with on the job experience makes good for knowledge.
Constant pressure
Simply given to many drops to do in the time safely.
You have to skip your break and drive as fast as possible to finish anywhere near on time.

No feed back, no help, no nothing.
What i learned
I learned a lot of things but the biggest was customer service. They are very strict on that. Also Cash office. And how to use a headset. How to work as a team.
Worst Company for Management
Constant lies made about employees to get them in trouble. Unfair dismissal based on lies. Left with no job or income during a global pandemic. AVOID!
I like to work for warehouses.
I m intrested for the work. I like to work for warehouse. I would like to this compnies and shopping in argos shopping mall. Now I m not working. I m student.
Definitely recommend
I’d completely recommend working for argos if it’s your first job and you want a job or to be honest for anyone everyone at Argos are lovely and treat you as part of the family really.
Good job to get started
If you're a student or looking to obtain experience Argos is a great workplace. However advancement is tricky and the hours given will not be enough for a post education adult. Otherwise a nice place to work. No complaints and was exactly as described in the interview.
Stressful place to work
Store Manager was very abrupt but couldn't give a reason when asked why

more than happy with how I was working to the point of being told very pleased but spoken to on a daily basis very abruptly and snapped at

its fine if you can tolarate it but unfortunately I'm not OK to be spoken down to spoken to for no reason
Enjoyable
Job is pretty good, management treat you fairly which is rare to come by these days, always letting you know about changes and encourage you to do better if you start lagging in your performance! They always look for how to make you do better rather than scold you on the spot! Hours are manageable and can be worked around your home life! The job can be fast-paced in peak but slows down a lot in between. All in all I’d recommend this to anybody looking to get into the retail business
It was Good to work for.
I got good days and some hectic. I learned how to use the tills, customer service, searching items and sending down the belt to the customer. The management was fine. I never got trained in the jewellery department. I done it like everybody else's reason the money.
Argos van driver
Working at Argos is a joke.
For what they want you to do for the money they pay. You don’t even get extra for working early and working late.mangers aren’t that intelligent either that that
Pros
Zero
Cons
Poor wages
Very busy and physical
You will have to do every task the shop has such as; tills, stocks, customer service, jewellery, taking in delivery. Very hands on and busy but you wont be bored easily.
Teamwork
Fast paced with plenty to do which i liked. It could be stressful especially at peak but it was controlled.
Everyone knew their roll with the majority trained to carry out multiple tasks which made for great teamwork.

Over the many years i worked for Argos i learned a great about myself and my own abilities and this gave me a lot of confidence.
Fun
Really good, enjoyed working with the customers as well as the team. Every day brought new challenges however the team was always well equipped in dealing with them