Argos Employee Reviews

very fun
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, Greater London15 January 2018
very fun to work at. would highly recommend. everyone is lovely and helpful. very good life/work balance and pay is decent, you know when youre getting paid and everything is simple.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Argos Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upton, Merseyside15 January 2018
The staff are one of the best I Have worked with and is a fun place to work, Management is done correctly and there are hardly ever any problems with colleagues.
Pros
Staff, Short hours
Avoid, unless your part time
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
It takes you an entire life to progress in this company, It's definitely a pick & choose who they want to promote, hard work isn't recognized at all, the area managers are so unprofessional its unbelievable, after 8 years in this company they have only given a raise once and are not willing to invest in you. very poor senior management in this organisation.
Pros
Cons
Many
Beyond poor man management
Customer fulfilment assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire14 January 2018
A vile workplace of useless incompetent managers and staff who would rather be anywhere else. Shift patterns allocated to friends first, contracted hours never adhered too despite several complaints. "Its retail, that's the way it is" is not a good enough explanation for doubling peoples hours week in and week out without prior notice. If you are in a hole and need a quick fix then by all means take a job with Argos, but remember that its Sainsburys/Argos now and the Sainsburys staff get paid a lot more for doing the same jobs.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire13 January 2018
It was fun and enjoyed being in the busy environment. I liked being challenged and learning new thing. Also enjoyed being part of a group. It was busy and hard work but it was a comfortable easy place to get along with
Pros
Being helped when needed
Cons
There isn’t any
fun workplace
TRANSPORT CLERK (Former Employee) –  heywood12 January 2018
can be a fun work place however during busy periods can be quite challenging. However someone wanting to get into the transport type of industry then this is definitely somewhere to start.
Pros
fun, feasible
Cons
long hours, sallary
Not a bad job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 January 2018
Ideal job for students who can afford to have a 10h contract. Salary not awesome but not bad. It's an easy job, only 4/5h shift which is really nice. Staff discount is not great.
fun
Customer sales advisor & Stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, County Londonderry12 January 2018
very very busy and kept busy. very customer focused. this is hard work if you are placed in the stockroom but staff make it enjoyable and its never boring
Awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft11 January 2018
Either not enough work to do or to much work to do in the time of your shift. Highly unrealistic targets to help 'progression'. There is always talk of people being laid off or made redundant. The staff discounts and benefits are atrocious. In other works, do not apply for a job.
Cons
Rude Staff
Terrible Management
Fast Track Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands11 January 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. Managers shouldn't be in there current roles as none of them are able to manage an individual employee let alone a team of employees. AVOID!

Want to know more about Argos?

Ask a question
Perfect work place for any college
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Green, Greater London10 January 2018
Perfect place to work, can't ask for a better term, we all pull together to delivery great customer service, I have learnt alot over the years and to lush myself into trying harder and archiving my goals and targets, can't ask for better management to pushing us and awards us in our job role, and give us tips and advice to delivery not great but perfect customer service!
Excellent temporay seasonal post
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire10 January 2018
My role was as a Customer Fulfillment Delivery Driver. Fast paced with warehousing experience also gained. I would return to this job if a position ever became available in the future.
Pros
Excellent and friendly colleagues.
Good Temporary Job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire9 January 2018
I worked at Argos as a Christmas Temp and left at the end of my contract. I was only trained in the stockroom (not on the tills), so a typical day for me would involve picking stock, putting away returns, sometimes pulling in the delivery from the van and putting it away, and doing stock counts of high value items. The work itself it pretty straightforward and very repetitive once you have learnt the processes.

The people were nice and were always willing to help me if I was was stuck. The managers in my store were really friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the job is probably getting to grips with the headset and the processes at the beginning (not actually that hard,just takes 2 or 3 shifts to get used to). In the weeks before Christmas it gets very busy and this can be stressful due to the shop being understaffed which makes picking all the order within target times extremely difficult. For example, there was one morning, two weeks before christmas where there was only me and one team leader picking orders and the shop was busy, and we were both completely overwhelmed.

In the stockroom, staff use headsets. Although these headsets are needed for the job, most the problems encountered by staff are to do with the headset not understanding them and this either leads to things been voiced in incorrectly (through no fault of the staff) or staff members standing there for ages repeatedly saying the same words into their headset trying to get it to register what they're saying.

Overall it is a decent temporary job, nice people and not difficult to get
  more... the hang of at all.  less
Pros
flexible shifts- I did a variety of shifts varying from 3 hours to 7 hours, Colleagues were nice, willing to help and a good laugh.
Cons
Rota means you can't plan anything outside of work in advance, Rota can change at short notice, Understaffed which can make the work stressful, 15 minute break on a 5 hour shift picking isn't enough, when you're on your feet the whole time, Like any job you get some staff who you would rather not work with.
bla
Customer Service Advisor 2007 - 2008 (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead9 January 2018
Creating an enjoyable and easy shopping experience for the customers. Picking up stock in the stockroom. Serving on the tills and the collection counter. Dealing with refunds and complaints.
productivate is high
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent8 January 2018
nice fast paced friendly company with a lot to offer with staff discount and training does not matter on skill you will get all the help in the world managers are great with helping and guiding you to be more successful
Pros
pass and discount and hours
Long hours for little pay.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire8 January 2018
Worked for the company for thirty years undertaking various roles including management. The early years were great. We had a lot of fun in those days. More pressure to hit targets (KPIs) were put on the store managers and so this had an impact on the sales team. It was more about the figures and not about the customer.
Pros
Great team.
Cons
Long unsociable hours.
Argos Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley8 January 2018
I liked working at Argos as i was able to gain new social skills and become more reliable and independent at the same time as i met new personalities and friendly customers.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Short Breaks
Great staff and environment
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, North Yorkshire7 January 2018
Although the people were great to work with, i didn't get enough hours. It was slow during the day since most of time there weren't many customers. The management for me weren't very organised enough and ended up doing things such as the schedule until the end of the week for the next week. The hardest part of the jobs was getting customers to apply for the Argos card and getting the extra care on their products. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and helping them find the product they were after and working with the other members of staff there.
productive
Argos Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton7 January 2018
Helped me progress further, gave me life skills.
Enjoyed the job.
Management was good, helpful.
Training was good.
Wanted to continue but only Christmas temp.
Welcoming place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire7 January 2018
I did enjoy working in Argos , because of their work life balance, management spirit very good in my store, job culture excellent every one are welcome, they give a good training and support. uniform are provided, staff discount.

In general good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.