Argos Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birstall21 May 2018
There was always something that needed doing. I learned all my skills while working at Argos. Management were very friendly. The most enjoyable was probably doing delivery it give me a target to beat every time i did it
Pros
flexiable hours
Really good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Darlington20 May 2018
I was a Christmas Temp at the Darlington Store and I loved every minute of it, I would happily go back any-day, It was just a shame I wasn't kept on after Christmas. Overall it is a brilliant company you work for, managers are amazing, staff are helpful and everyone could have a laugh.
no social life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent20 May 2018
good job just that the money is not great at all there is no communication between managers ect. all delivery's have to be hit on a time. the hours you work are all over the place don't really get any time to ur self
Pros
lunch brakes
Cons
stupid hours
bad pay
Newspaper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Haywards Heath, West Sussex19 May 2018
i wish they gave use better pay because i heared for over delivery people that they get payed a lot of money in a month and i get payed £51.40 month only
always looking forward
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead17 May 2018
Argos as a company are always looking for ways to improve on themselves, always looking forward and never afraid to try new things.
they offer a diverse range of roles in store so not every day is the same as the next, one day you could be picking stock for the customers, receiving and putting away delivery or manning tills or jewellery.

In a management position you spend a vast amount of time on the sales floor leading the team from there ensuring the customers needs are dealt with while also making sure the back of house and general day to day tasks are running smoothly.

its a quiet store in a quiet town but it does offer a friendly working environment with a supportive management team
good workplace
Picker/Packer & Loading operative (Current Employee) –  Kettering16 May 2018
always learn day by day and get more exprerience. work very well with all the departments and as one team! make work more easy and fun!
Work always with safety and follow all the guidelines for best results!
poor pay
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  luton16 May 2018
the job itself is good and the management of the company help you do get he best of yourself.
the pay however is very poor for what is expected although you don't get paid extra you are expected to hit kpi targets and are managed on these.
Good knowledgeable Team
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire15 May 2018
The company have strict policies to ensure company employees and customers are protected, and all needs are catered for. My main issue is they need to update the computer system that is responsible for providing picks to headsets, they very rarely work 100% which makes can affect hitting picking time/delivery targets, can get very frustrating.
The staff on the whole are happy to help new employees, they are welcoming, and no matter how many times you ask, they are willing to keep explaining until they are confident they have completely understood whatever the aspect of the business it is. It can be very daunting at first, as there is a lot to the business.
Pros
Helpful, knowledgeable staff
Cons
Computer system.
A productive day a work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erith15 May 2018
A typical day at work contains with Argos is serving customers and working within the team, trying your best to overcome targets and get the best that is needed. I used to deal with putting the delivery away so our stock was full up with reservations and other stock. The one thing that I learned being at Argos is that its not all about yourself and what you want within your job it is you working within the team to make something better of the store. The management were the best you could ever get, they would help you in every way possible to make sure you get your targets and are on the same track as everyone else. The hardest part of the job was working with customers that don't understand what your doing for them your trying to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be in a family that you would do anything for and would try and help as much as you can. I also liked the fact we had to work hard.
Pros
Being part of the family
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 May 2018
Gives you great work experience working in a team and working to time targets and order targets. Staff are very welcoming and supportive towards everyone and everyone works together to ensure smooth running of the shop.
Pressure on staff to up sell
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol14 May 2018
If you don't up sell on things like care and cards you get put on review and get named and shamed, management seems its easy to hit these targets but they spend all of there time in the back while at most serving a few customers a day, your results depends on how many customers you sell too, the less customers and selling product care with the items the better your result while the more customers you sell to the harder it is to hit target, the only problem not every person wants these things and just want there item resulting on low target score.

In a whole the job isn't that bad because its just sell an item get the item with the occasional stocking up, but up selling and not hitting target has to be the worst especially if you work the quietest days aka. the evening shifts.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No chance of overtime and constant target reviews
argos
Stock Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ballymena14 May 2018
Argos is a family friendly company. I worked here for many years and never had a problem with the company. they are very flexible with their staff and treat them very well
pays the bills
Customer Fulfilment Advisor/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear13 May 2018
good people, fast paced, good laugh with always something to do. hardest part of the job is learning the role but after that its easy. easy to go up if the role is there
Pros
decent people
Cons
hours arnt great
just fantastic
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon12 May 2018
Cannot fault working with Argos, even through the changes with Sainsbury's. The staff, the atmosphere, the challenges, it was all amaazing. Nothing bad to say.
Pros
Cons
Dead periods
Its a good place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2018
It's a nice place to work and the colleagues are nice and easy to get along with its a become like a family , the management is alright but its improving for the better
Cons
Cant leave the shop to buy food on your break
fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Erith9 May 2018
it was a wonderful workplace, I enjoyed going to work everyone was very nice there and I felt very welcome. Management was very good and caring, they were always willing to answer my queries. My most enjoyable part of the job was having conversations with my co workers.
Pros
good co workers with lovely personalities
Cons
sometimes i had to lift heavy items
Busy but rewarding.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  london9 May 2018
my day starts at 7am i do all the back office admin, making sure everyone has followed health and safety rules and been paid correctly.

being the manager is difficult as you will have staff come to you with any and all problems, hardest part of the job is being shouted at and threatened by customers for just following the companies rules. Best thing about working for Argos is the ability to progress quickly and learn on the job.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
have to work weekends
Nice place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes7 May 2018
Nice and friendly place to work with many opportunities across all departments and sectors. Management is well trained and ready to help you develop your career.
Great Team of people
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Widnes4 May 2018
Great team of people i worked with and loved my job however, hours were always a minimum if you were not one of the three full time colleagues, loved the crowd i worked with though :)
Pros
Team
Cons
Hours
Really enjoyed working in Argos
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thamesmead, Greater London1 May 2018
I had a very good experience with Argos. The management and staff were amazing and a pleasure to work with. It was a great experience and I’m glad I could start off my work journey with Argos
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.