Argos Employee Reviews

Avoid Parkhead
Customer Fulfilment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkhead, Glasgow21 October 2018
Worked with Argos for about a year and a half, moved to the parkhead branch and it was honestly the worst experience of my life.

If the management dislikes you in anyway they will team up and have you removed in a matter of days.. Anything you do will be immediately reported and marked against you meanwhile the 'favourites' are allowed to cause chaos in the break rooms and shout down the stockrooms without any utter from the management..

illegal shifts are also given out and when you red flag them they tell you to deal with it, but don't give you any contact details to actually fix them so you end up getting finished at 21:30 - 22:00 to go home and get up at 0500AM the next day

Had to report an incident regarding a van crash and they hung up the phone claiming 'they didn't have time for this'

Avoid Parkhead Glasgow like the plague.
Pros
Okay money if you put in time
Cons
Management doesn't care
productive and eye opening
Stock room Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 October 2018
As my first job Argos sufficently trained me todeal with a wide range of problems that occur in a day of trading. I am thankful and only have positive feeling towards this company.
Busy yet productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme17 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Argos, I liked being able to move to different roles whilst in the store whether it be picking items from the stock room or serving customers on the shop floor.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colchester16 October 2018
Everyone got stuck in to help when busy.

Friendly fellow staff.

Positive work ethos and productive.

Good management who feel you can speak to if and required.

Varied role which helped keep you interested.

Large company so room for progression.
Pros
Fun productive place to work
Cons
Pay
Depends on Store
Customer Sales Advisor/Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough15 October 2018
Depending on your team, it's either make or break. The pay is terribly low, and some members off staff like to take their roles far too seriously. Can be a very uncomfortable work environment for some.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Low Pay, Low Hours
The people made it
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Epping, Essex15 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at the Argos Epping store.
We had a great team who was gelled really well together.
The area that Argos needs to work is is the salary. The amount of work they expect, and the pay they offer don't always match up.
Pros
people
Cons
salary and hours
All round customer service advisor
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Worthing13 October 2018
All round customer service advisor completing all aspects from tills and jewellery to stock and back office work.

varied shifts from 3 hours to 5.5 hours. Not too reliable.
Minimum contract hours
productuive
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed13 October 2018
enjoyed my stop gap at Argos, in a section I never thought I would enjoy.
Good company to work for, great benefits and chances of advancement if you put the work in.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not many full time roles
Enjoyed my time with them
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 October 2018
I was only there as a weekend job to get me through college but i did enjoy my time there and would definitely recommend it as an after college/weekend job.
argos
Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff11 October 2018
this was a good part time job. gets really busy around Christmas. always n your feet but not a bad job. .
Great experience!
Christmas Temporary (Former Employee) –  Ashington10 October 2018
I worked at Argos as a Christmas Temp, therefore my job here was short; however I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. working over Christmas in customer service is very demanding and intense - especially for a 16 year old (at the time). I found the manager and all staff very friendly and supportive - I was regularly reminded that no question is a stupid question and that there was no need to struggle at any point as there was always someone around to help when needed. I found some customers distressing which I was also supported with. I found working straight from school hard as ageism is so common - but not at this company. I was treat with respect and I was extremely grateful of this. Fab store to work for!
Pros
store discount, constant support during work
Productive and efficient
Argos Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2018
Argos is a great company to work for as it is well organised, efficient. The management for Argos is great and one of thr best that i have worked with, they have a small breif at thr start of the day to get things going. Well organised
ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 October 2018
hard work and miss brakes a lot and under payed for the work we do we do more work then the on floor workers and have later finish times on Christmas we finish 12am some times
Pros
friends
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 October 2018
A great job to learn about new products
Great to learn different areas across retail
A good place to meet people from all backgrounds
A great team to work with
Great working hours
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Can be a long day when quiet
Enjoyable working environment and workplace
Store Employee (Former Employee) –  Warrington6 October 2018
Enjoyable shift and management are very helpful in explaining if you are unsure with a situation. Customers are sometimes rude but management steps in to help calm situation.
Productive and great place to work in.
Seasonal temporary Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  whitwood, castleford5 October 2018
The downside is that it is only seasional and temporary, great co workers and a warm environment. Felt like one of the team from day one but unfortunately their peak season doesn't last very long.
Pros
Great atmosphere and environment
Great place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London3 October 2018
Love there products great place to work would like to work there again the people I worked with was lovely hope I get to work there again. Wished I got to stay there longer and it was temporary.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour's
Productive and fun environment
Sales agent and warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough1 October 2018
Management are scarce
Pay into the union, you might need it
It’s really about who you work with than the company.
They push sales in ridiculously stupid targets
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge26 September 2018
Great place to work and good opportunities to develop. Good family environment and ethics.
Timetables good for all and overtime always optional
Good and approachable management
Pros
Discounts, good clean environment
Cons
Hours
Great Colleagues
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UK25 September 2018
Great team feel and support from Colleagues. AM absent but still expected you to be at his beck and call. Senior mgt very approachable. Greta team spirit in the Area i worked in.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Average pay and poor AM

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.